Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Old 15-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #1
haukipesukone

Default What are entoptic floater thingies?

There probably are a couple of threads on this already, but as an attention whore I wanted to start my own.

First of all I'm not even certain are "entoptic phenomena" and eye floaters the same thing or not? Is entoptic simply the fancy word for it and floater the overly simplified version?

Yesterday I was lying on my couch, watching out of the window and I saw these things floating in front of me. I figured this is the encylopotic whatever thing I've read about (I didn't even remember the word entoptic). Actually it looked like they were half a metre in front of me instead of in my eyes, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they actually were in my eyes, and won't make up some outrageous conspiracy theory yet.

I observed the phenomena for a while and it seemed like some of the dots or more like little wormy lines were alive. Some of them moved exactly like living things, self-propelled living things. Then I started thinking what was the official scientific explanation for them. Are they some sort of bacteria that live on our eyes?

I didn't quite understand the wikipedia explanation, as usual, but I found this video. So they're supposedly some sort of debris and you're supposed to want to get rid of them, according to the doctor in the video. He doesn't seem to give any reason except rhetorical crap. Wikipedia mentions they cause some eye problems on people, though.

I'm not buying the doctor's explanation, I'm still saying they were alive, and not mere garbage. Also on youtube searching for "eye floaters" I noticed there are several videos on how to get rid of the floaters. And I've heard that they have something to do with psychedelic experiences and stuff, so one could surmise that the entoptic phenomenon is at least a minor threat to those who wish to keep people spiritually dead.

Anybody have any idea what floaters actually are? The couple of theories I came up with is they're spirits and if you see them you can see a bit into the other worlds, but that's a very silly idea. Another theory is they're some sort of key in realizing the macrocosm/microcosm thing, that people are no different from a planet and hosts different life forms and stuff...
"What lies within always has a form without and that which is without takes a shape within. Put another way, we sometimes say that which is visible must always have an invisible aspect, just as everything invisible must be represented by the visible."
- Oone the dreamthief

Peruse through Bad Poetry of Pain and Hurt
Or wrack your brain with Concordia ab Chao and Your Life is a Lie
haukipesukone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 05:25 PM   #2
measle_weasel

I would agree with science on this one. I have floaters, and they seem to be little other than extremely annoying dense clumps of protein that are suspended in the vitreous humor. The floaters most people have are also visible to an eye doctor with a strong light shone into the eye. They are definitely physical objects.

Everyone knows the world is full of stupid people

Knowledge, what is it? Do you have it?

Last edited by measle_weasel; 17-10-2009 at 05:27 PM.
measle_weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
unusual_suspect
Inactive

haukipesukone, I did not realise that you are meant to try and get rid of these, I have always had them and thought it was normal.

When I was a kid I was convinced that they were spirits or aliens, then I though that they were living things in my eyes.

When you say >>>

"So they're supposedly some sort of debris and you're supposed to want to get rid of them, according to the doctor in the video. He doesn't seem to give any reason except rhetorical crap. Wikipedia mentions they cause some eye problems on people, though." <<< surely we always have crap floating about in our eye juice our eyes are fine coping with that, that is why they are they way they are? This is why I have never thought to get rid of them.

Also when you say >>>

"And I've heard that they have something to do with psychedelic experiences and stuff, so one could surmise that the entoptic phenomenon is at least a minor threat to those who wish to keep people spiritually dead." <<< can you expand on that, I have never heard anything else about this and it is very interesting
unusual_suspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 05:42 PM   #4
haukipesukone

Quote:
Originally Posted by measle_weasel View Post
I would agree with science on this one. I have floaters, and they seem to be little other than extremely annoying dense clumps of protein that are suspended in the vitreous humor. The floaters most people have are also visible to an eye doctor with a strong light shone into the eye. They are definitely physical objects.
I never said they weren't physical. I said they're alive, which means they're also physical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusual_suspect View Post
h
"And I've heard that they have something to do with psychedelic experiences and stuff, so one could surmise that the entoptic phenomenon is at least a minor threat to those who wish to keep people spiritually dead." <<< can you expand on that, I have never heard anything else about this and it is very interesting
I first read about it Graham Hancock's Supernatural.
I think this site has something about it as well. I don't have time to read it right now. http://www.eye-floaters.info/news/news-march2009.htm
Here's something as well http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com....php?id=164414
"What lies within always has a form without and that which is without takes a shape within. Put another way, we sometimes say that which is visible must always have an invisible aspect, just as everything invisible must be represented by the visible."
- Oone the dreamthief

Peruse through Bad Poetry of Pain and Hurt
Or wrack your brain with Concordia ab Chao and Your Life is a Lie

Last edited by haukipesukone; 17-10-2009 at 05:43 PM.
haukipesukone is offline   Reply With Quote