Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 30-09-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
petercookie

Default Have u lived homeless?

i was just thinking if anyone has been in that situation and what they did to get by? share your experiences...

because this is it, if they put more pressure and push some other agendas (i,e IDcards/microchips) then more people could be made homeless because thats what they will threaten you with - your house. you comply or you loose your house. and at the end of the day if you are not scared to loose your house then there is not that much else they can threaten you with, other that mayby loose your kids ect.

Its like they bribe us to stay into society by giveing us a house and a tv/car ect.

when i think untimately if you believe we are spiritual beings your house is your current physical body you could say.....
petercookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
hollo

i havent and hope i dont ever but if i was made homeless -

well theres a river in a forest near where i live id go near the source for drinking water use my tent for sleeping (before i build myself a propper shelter ) and for food hmm well i grow lots of food already peppers chillies oranges - ofc i would struggle a bit but i would plant seeds -

blueberrys and strawberrys and maybe an apple tree!

but all that aside i hope i dont become homeless!
hollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 09:47 PM   #3
killuminatiday

Default being homeless aint that bad imo

I was homeless once and even tho I prefer a roof over my head by normal standards to be honest its not as horrifying as people think. I was always your typical suburban kid who had alot handed to him and so for me to go homeless really was crazy.

I had won about a hundred grand playing poker a few years ago(when I was in my mid twenties) and I thought how great it was but really it was going to be anything but. I decided one day to take my newfound money and move across the country to las vegas and just live it up to my hearts content. I did this and got hooked in with some less than desirable people and before I knew it I was drinking, drugging, sexing, and just living like a beast gone mad. after the money ran dry I was forced to sober up due to lack of funds and a few good strangers.

I decided to head back home to NY but I didnt have a car so I hitch hiked and walked the whole way while stopping off here and there in between and just resting and lounging. all said and done I was homeless for about 3 months while I treked back to my hometown. to this day I feel it might be one of the top 3 most incredible experiences of my life, I truly believe everybody should be homeless for atleast a month just to test yourself if nothing more. I know most of the world is too hooked on crackberries and cable tv to ever even attempt such a thing but seriously if you do this you will learn things about yourself you could never imagine.
killuminatiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #4
petercookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by killuminatiday View Post
to this day I feel it might be one of the top 3 most incredible experiences of my life, I truly believe everybody should be homeless for atleast a month just to test yourself if nothing more. I know most of the world is too hooked on crackberries and cable tv to ever even attempt such a thing but seriously if you do this you will learn things about yourself you could never imagine.

I think you would.... u would be liveing life more to its fullest imo. Not being stuck in the same routine day in and day out. I think the universe would open alot more doors for you too. Its like you would be saying to the universe - "im up for anything" "and open to alot more possabilitys".

Its something i would like to do one day and i hope to do it. live of the land/homeless... thats the life. free from our prisons which seperate us from our fellow man. u look at the houses we live in and the fences for our gardens ect and its like we have been conditioned to feel scared and fearful, live individual and isolated lives, fearful of ourselves and nature...

Last edited by petercookie; 30-09-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old 30-09-2009, 10:30 PM   #5
jp13

[QUOT.

Its something i would like to do one day and i hope to do it. live of the land/homeless... thats the life. free from our prisons which seperate us from our fellow man. u look at the houses we live in and the fences for our gardens ect and its like we have been conditioned to feel scared and fearful, live individual and isolated lives, fearful of ourselves and nature...[/QUOTE]

That is not homelessness, if it is something you desire, dare I say it...be careful what you wish for.
I often think about doing the same thing like you, walking the land like Kwai Chang Caine in Kung Fu. the difference between this and true homelessness is vast, one you are positively choosing, the other is thrust upon you, and many people don't have the reserves of mental and physical strengh that they would need to live on the streets, or in nature.
I think that's why so many homeless invest in drink and drugs, just to give them some relief from the unending horror they see every day, they are often targets of 'Hard workers' who object to the lazy, scrounging homeless, who earn £500 a day, while they have to work in some poxy job thats going nowhere.
I was homeless for 2 years, I was fortunate, I was given a place to live in a hotel in the centre of London which was paid for by my local council.
Totally insane scenario i.e. council paying out thousands a year for homeless people when they could have built new houses or renovated old property.
Even living in the 'hotel' was a bit hellish, and most of the people I kmew from that time, never really got over the strange feeling that being homeless gives you i.e. never feeling safe and secure, always aware that with a few errors or actions that we are powerless against, could easily lead to us becoming homeless again.
It has taken me a long time to accept that the flat I am living in is 'mine' as long as I play the games like rent, council tax and many other burdens that are the 'normality' of living in a flat.
I could go on, but I don't want to bore you all to death.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." - Herbert Spencer

Last edited by jp13; 30-09-2009 at 10:31 PM. Reason: change noy to not
jp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 10:32 PM   #6
tien an
Banned

Down and out in London and Paris...

No...me, not the other guy.

I spent a year homeless in Paris.
Starting at Shakespeare & Co. (the bookshop), where a lovely old guy gave me a bed in exchange for an hour's work per day...then to sleeping rough (I only lasted a few days...pussy that I am), before an Algerian friend of mine gave me a (tiny) room in his Hotel for 100Fr/night. (£8). (I never did pay him all that I owed him...and he let me off with it, bless him).

Strictly speaking, I wasn't homeless because I had a roof over my head, but having to 'earn your daily bread' literally is tough.
I spent two hours a day on the Metro, busking with my sax, sometimes alone, sometimes with one guitarist or another and I also queued at the Metro/RER station entrance under the Arc de Triomphe, with other buskers, just to be able to play there (quite lucrative, particularly at rush hour).

I've met some wonderful people who helped out.
Musicians, 99% of whom were the best 'strangers' I've ever met...in that they shared everything they had with me.
Tramps (Clochards) who, with their words of wisdom helped me procure food, drink and some amazing history lessons of Paris...and kept me from sleeping rough. They told me that if I ever started...it'd never end.
Romanian gypsies, who stood listening to me play, grinning broadly...then stole nearly every franc I had. (Women and children...no man in sight) I nearly broke one woman's wrist trying to stop them...

I think being homeless in a city is probably one of the worst experiences of my life though...I ran away from home when I was a kid (in the Outback of Australia) and spent weeks away.
That was wonderful.
When TSHTF, that's where I'd like to be...but it's on the other side of the world now...

There's no place like home, wherever/whatever that may be.

tian an.

Last edited by tien an; 30-09-2009 at 10:38 PM.
tien an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 10:32 PM   #7
killuminatiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by petercookie View Post
I think you would.... u would be liveing life more to its fullest imo. Not being stuck in the same routine day in and day out. I think the universe would open alot more doors for you too. Its like you would be saying to the universe - "im up for anything" "and open to alot more possabilitys"

ya at the time it happend to me I felt real uneasy and full of fear obviously for like the first ten days but it all went away when I realized what your saying is the truth. at the time I didnt really feel like "im up for anything" so to speak because I was a lil frightened of what the future would bring, for me personally my line of thought went like this "holy fk im stupid for getting myself into this", then came "I just want to end this nightmare", then was alot of "fk u devil, fk u god, fk u powers that be" and then lastly it was "ah fuck it it cant get worse than this now so whats left to be afraid of?"

Quote:
Its something i would like to do one day and i hope to do it. live of the land/homeless... thats the life. free from our prisons which seperate us from our fellow man. u look at the houses we live in and the fences for our gardens ect and its like we have been conditioned to feel scared and fearful, live individual and isolated lives, fearful of ourselves and nature...
the wierd thing is before I was homeless I was always of the mindset that I needed to fit in with everybody else and have a square to live on that looked the same as the guy next to me, for the longest time I thought this was the true meaning of life in a way. after my homelessness tho I lost my desire to have possesions and money and all of the stupid shit we think we want as humans. it really shows how irrelavant it all is and you certainly form a bond with the planet that is amazing. I know it sounds crazy but for me the bond I now have with earth is like the same bond I have with close family and friends except that with the friends and fam it took many years for that bond to get to where it is now and with earth my bond was almost instant.
Old 30-09-2009, 10:39 PM   #8
kappy0405

When I was like 18 I was kicked out of my house and had no choice but to live in my car for about two weeks. I was able to drive to a nearby campground and use the showers every other day or so though.. so it wasn't too bad. :P

And then there was a time my car was getting worked on - I had no way of getting to my house and I was forced to sleep under a picnic table in a pavilion for 2 nights so I could get back to work each day.. that majorly sucked.

and there was another week or so where I was forced to live in my tent in the forest nearby. I could've gotten used to that tbh.

Obviously I wouldn't consider any of this as 'homeless', as it was never longterm, but I do feel like I got a taste of what it's like. If I was ever forced into the situation longterm, I don't think it bother me all that much honestly. I wouldn't be one of those people living on the streets of a downtown city area; I would make my way to the mountains somewhere and just set up camp where I couldn't be bothered. Actually, if sh*t ever hits the fan, I'm certainly finding my way to the Appalachians. If I can't afford a proper home as a 'getaway', I would'n't be at all opposed to living in a tent for a while.
kappy0405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 10:40 PM   #9
tien an
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by killuminatiday View Post
ya at the time it happend to me I felt real uneasy and full of fear obviously for like the first ten days but it all went away when I realized what your saying is the truth. at the time I didnt really feel like "im up for anything" so to speak because I was a lil frightened of what the future would bring, for me personally my line of thought went like this "holy fk im stupid for getting myself into this", then came "I just want to end this nightmare", then was alot of "fk u devil, fk u god, fk u powers that be" and then lastly it was "ah fuck it it cant get worse than this now so whats left to be afraid of?"

the wierd thing is before I was homeless I was always of the mindset that I needed to fit in with everybody else and have a square to live on that looked the same as the guy next to me, for the longest time I thought this was the true meaning of life in a way. after my homelessness tho I lost my desire to have possesions and money and all of the stupid shit we think we want as humans. it really shows how irrelavant it all is and you certainly form a bond with the planet that is amazing. I know it sounds crazy but for me the bond I now have with earth is like the same bond I have with close family and friends except that with the friends and fam it took many years for that bond to get to where it is now and with earth my bond was almost instant.
I can certainly relate to that...similar experience here.
tien an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 11:18 PM   #10
petercookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp13 View Post
That is not homelessness, if it is something you desire, dare I say it...be careful what you wish for.
I often think about doing the same thing like you, walking the land like Kwai Chang Caine in Kung Fu. the difference between this and true homelessness is vast, one you are positively choosing, the other is thrust upon you, and many people don't have the reserves of mental and physical strengh that they would need to live on the streets, or in nature..

yea i think you are right, true homelessness would be were you have nothing and noone to rely on if things get to difficult. What i would like to do is more along the lines of backpacking. still if you backpacked/traveled a fair way and you got ok with that style of life, u could live like that.

There was a man who lived up the lake district about 50years ago and he lived in a cave up there (i think hes name is milican dalton). he was a mountain guide and made some money from that and doing courses on outdoor adventures. these a link http://homepage.ntlworld.com/matthew...biography.html

my brain is going dead now so ill leave it at that.. thanks for all the replys too it is intresting knowing peoples life adventures...
Old 30-09-2009, 11:51 PM   #11
kale

being homeless makes you realise how important it is to have a good network of friends.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:24 AM   #12
truthful

I was homeless for over 7 years. It was the most enlightening time of my life.
truthful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:44 AM   #13
petercookie

How did you get by? i would like to here your experiences if you have the time to share them....

i was thinking too that if you were homeless you could go "bin diveing" and get alot of food that way, most supermarkets throw food out when it is a couple of days out of date (still edible though) or if the packageing as been damaged. so that could be a way to get some food into your belly. My mate used to do it a few years ago and he lived reasonably well off, and some of the things he got was excellent, like boxes of choclates and things....

Last edited by petercookie; 01-10-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:51 AM   #14
kale

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthful View Post
I was homeless for over 7 years. It was the most enlightening time of my life.
Word, being reduced to a 'materialistic' nothing helps you understand the simpler things in life are so much more important and forefilling than having a nice house with appliances and furniture.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:34 AM   #15
killuminatiday

Quote:
How did you get by? i would like to here your experiences if you have the time to share them....

i was thinking too that if you were homeless you could go "bin diveing" and get alot of food that way, most supermarkets throw food out when it is a couple of days out of date (still edible though) or if the packageing as been damaged. so that could be a way to get some food into your belly. My mate used to do it a few years ago and he lived reasonably well off, and some of the things he got was excellent, like boxes of choclates and things....
I never went bin diving but I have panhandled a lil bit and had strangers just offer me food and money at times. Im not proud of it but a few times I would just walk right into a supermarket with a shopping cart and I would fill it up a lil to make it look like I was a real customer and then I would just walk up and down the isles eating what ever I could and then after I was full I would pocket a lil more and dash right out like a jamaican track star.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:45 AM   #16
mightiswrong
Banned

I have been travelling for years and in recent times lost a lot of my income. I still had a bit but learned to travel with next to nothing. I have been staying in Italy this summer and spent a few weeks in a community where all the food was free. Good too and you didn't need to do any work although ofcourse I helped out. Then I went to a rainbow gathering where again the food was free and I squated a barn up in the alps. A bit chilly at night but people lent me an extra jacket and I got an extra sleeping back and a ride to Vienna where I stayed some days with this lovely women who fed me and took me to the lake. I went to budapest and got taken stayed in a hostel for free just by offering to help out and I met some Americans who paid for me to go to Prague for a few days. Then I hitchhiked back to Austria going petrol station to petrol station. Preety quick once you get the hang of it. Just ask the people when they are coming out. One guy bought me lunch and I got some fresh fruit from someones organic garden. I then went to Sardinia and lived in a cave for some weeks. It was another kind of community and there was plenty of food around although I did cook my own. After that I took the train to Naples where I am now and have been staying with a girl I met on couchsurfing. We went camping by a lovely lake also and I am now living with a family and teaching English to the mother. Great food and a bedroom. Opportunity came out of nowhere. Mind you I have had a small income from my websites but a lot of people have other ways. More money is coming in now so I wont need to live this way. Have had times when I really wanted more cash but it has been great.

Last edited by mightiswrong; 01-10-2009 at 01:54 AM.
mightiswrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:59 AM   #17
ian2day
Inactive

I'm not looking forward to it, if it happens again as I now have arthritis. I've had brief periods of living here and there before. One time I was in a homeless youth shelter for a year. All were when I was younger. Slept in cars for a brief period as well. If I end up homeless again, not sure what I would do this time.
ian2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:20 AM   #18
talohomidnight

I was homeless several times growing up, and once after I was married (in 2004). With children, I will never want to go through that again. We had people, we thought we could trust (relatives), who threatened to take our kids away. We lived in different shelters for about 3 months, before we were able to live back in a home. The kids ended up catching head lice, during that episode. It was a real night mare at the time.
talohomidnight is offline   Reply With Quote