Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Entertainment Industry

Old 08-09-2009, 03:34 AM   #1
xxxx

Default richey edwards

i don't know how many people on here would be interested in this. i was reading about the manics last night and their last gig before richey vanished was on the 21st of december (winter solistice), they've often complained that the 2nights previously they kept getting nosebleeds during the soundchecks, and that the last gig (on the 21st) was the best gig they'd ever played. flash forward to richeys actual disapearance on the 1st of febuary, imbolic. weird no?
the winter solistice is the shortest day of the year and imbolic is the returning of the sun.

and at some point in time some guy wrote an article about it all and said this; "But the weirdest correspondence in the police file came at the end of the year from Bob Whitmore of Palma, Mallorca. After studying some of the darker Manics lyrics, he suggests connections with mysticism, and perhaps the writings of Aleister Crowley: "Was Mr. Edwards a member of an esoteric or fraternal order?" The police then called the Mandrake occult bookshop in Oxford, and were told the same day that Mr. Whitmore had misunderstood Crowley. Another dead end." (i found this after googling 'richey occult')

i'm not making any assumptions or anything i was just wondering if anyone else had any ideas or anything. theres the whole self harming thing too. and he certainly knew about the nwo, just read any of his lyrics. (quick example of a song name 'ifwhiteamericatoldthetruthforonedayitsworldwouldf allapart')
xxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:56 PM   #2
pipsicle

I'm sure there was more to Richey's death than we've been told. He was heavily into authors with connections to mysticism and he read about a book a day.

He shaved his head (just like Britney and Kurt) and seemed to go completely mad at 27.

February 1st is the return of the sun? Is that why people say "White rabbits" on that day - like a pagan ritual?
pipsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:20 PM   #3
xxxx

yeah its a pagan festival marking the begining of spring. the return of the sun. like an explaination as to why animals start fucking in spring. its when things like stonehenge line up to the sun at dawn, and stuff like that. its one of them days, like midsummer and midwinter. theres the spring equinox on march 17 as well, but i think thats a different set of pagans.
but yeah, some holy bible lyrics are abit occulty and with his reading material and his tattoos, i can't help feel that he knew something. or maybe even created. i dunno, MKultra? is that how that'd work?

fuck it, i love the manics.
xxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:39 AM   #4
dhama_initiative

i think he could be hiding "off the grid" in Wales.
dhama_initiative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:03 AM   #5
taylor84

Wasnt their sitings of him on some sunny Island somewhere, ill try and look for the links.
taylor84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:21 PM   #6
pipsicle

It's very sad. He had so much to live for.
pipsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #7
hayed joe

Sorry Mods for necroposting. Sorry, sorry.

But I just want to say, despite him being declared dead in 2008, I still think Richey is alive. I can't see him coming back. I do think it's shitty on his family that he hasn't contacted them. But I don't think he jumped off the Severn bridge.

And as for the brilliant questions raised in the OP's post, I have seen pictures of the drummer, Sean Moore, wearing a Crowley t-shirt.

I haven't any more of a clue more than you. Despite seeing fishy stuff in terror attacks and the paedophile extensions, it would seriously break my heart if it turned out the band knew exactly what had happened.

It's also interesting that after he left, the singer gave an interview where eh said he'd find it difficult to be friends with Richey again as there'd be the fear that he'd do something like this again.

Which of course got blown up into "RADIO 1 NEWSBEAT! MANIC STREET PREACHERS SAY THEY COULD NEVER BE FRIENDS WITH RICHEY AGAIN!!"
without explaining the whole quote. So that might have played against Richey's mindset.

So that's all I want to say on it for now. I think he's still alive. And many here will be thinking "Richey... who?!!" Ah well, that's showbiz!

"But here they were, as the punch in the face to science and the stolen impassioned kiss to the laws of Time. And the oedipal charge against the stern order of reality."
hayed joe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 01:31 AM   #8
twilight_sparkle
Banned

Thanks for bringing this thread back.
I used to love the Manics, but I found the Holy Bible very difficult to listen too back then, made me depressed.
Some heavy stuff in there.
If I listened now I think I'd understand it more.
Gold Against the Soul is a great album tho.
twilight_sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 01:48 AM   #9
twilight_sparkle
Banned

Quote:
Another Invented Disease"Drugs come out of boredom babeU.N. exports it everydayTheir armies feed the ghetto lameGovernment approve it just the sameDaylight bores the sunshine out of meI need to feel alone amongst the weedsDaylight bores the sunshine out of meI need to feel (I need to feel)I need to feel (I need to feel)We need and we will always needAnother invented diseaseWe need and we are taught to needAnother invented diseaseLeft alone in corporate slumsWhere germs are free not amex funHealthy bodies in empty mindsOnly exists in advert timeDaylight bores the sunshine out of meI need to feel alone amongst the weedsDaylight bores the sunshine out of meI need to feel (I need to feel)I need to feel (I need to feel)We need and we will always needAnother invented diseaseWe need and we are taught to needAnother invented diseaseSunk deep in my TVMaybe sucked the soul from within meWe need and we will always needAnother invented diseaseWe need and we are taught to needAnother invented diseaseWe need and we will always needAnother invented diseaseWe need and we are taught to needAnother invented disease
Great song
twilight_sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 02:42 AM   #10
nikki_miaow

Really fucking miss the man. Still believe he's out there.

Journal For Plague Lovers is the only thing I've liked the Manics have done since This Is My Truth and even that's Richey's lyrics.
nikki_miaow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #11
bryce

I love all of the MSP's albums but I always thought that their music was much better in the earlier days while Richey was still around. I was into them right from the beginning. I loved Generation Terrorists, used to listen to it all the time and loved the lyrics. Although I always thought it was a bit odd how they became so hugely successful with the first album they released after Richey vanished. I just hope he's still alive out there somewhere living a life that he's happy with.
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote