Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 13-04-2009, 08:43 PM   #1
d3v_

Default Stocking up

It's getting serious now, really fucking serious. Inflation will sky rocket within the year and I don't fancy paying £5 for an apple.

We are stocking up here as quickly as we can, but as useual money is in short supply especially when it goes nowhere in supermarkets.
How the fuck can we bulk buy in the UK? All the links on google point the USA sites, like useual.

I'm buying a portable calor gas heater tomorrow, with as much LG gas cans as I can afford the next.

Anyone else taking this as seriously as they should be because I have a lot of conspiracy friends and even they are stupid enough to think this recession will die down in no time. Idiots.
Old 13-04-2009, 08:47 PM   #2
d3v_

I'm using this site to guide my food stocking list http://www.stilltasty.com/ but from what I gather so far, it is complete bunkum.

As far as I'm concerned, just about all food excluding dairy and animal will last forever if properly sealed using mylar bags and oxygen absorber pads which can all be bought from here - http://www.theselfsufficiencyshop.co...hp?cPath=25_47 and kept away from sunlight and warmth/heat.

My food list is broad because simply stashing 20 kilos of rice away is just not going to cut it. Who the fuck eats rice plain?

HIMALAYAN SALT
HONEY
MOLLASES SUGAR
BLACKSTRAP MOLLASES
BRAZIL NUTS
WALNUTS
SUNFLOWER SEEDS
PUMPKIN SEEDS
DRIED DATES
DRIED FRUIT
DRIED BEEF JERKY
DRIED SPICES & HERBS
RICE
OATS
WHEAT
BUCKWHEAT
QUINOA
OLIVE OIL
CHICK PEAS
KIDNEY BEANS
GREEN SPLIT PEAS
LENTILS
TINNED SALMON
TINNED TUNA
TINNED BAKED BEANS
TINNED PLUM TOMATOS
KETCHUP
MAYONAISE

Last edited by d3v_; 13-04-2009 at 09:13 PM.
d3v_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 09:13 PM   #3
d3v_

http://www.4shared.com/file/98373242...torage_v4.html

found some places to buy bulk wholefoods from:
http://www.goodness.co.uk/cgi-bin/se...section/W.html
http://www.countryproducts.co.uk/sea...=search&page=1

Last edited by d3v_; 13-04-2009 at 10:24 PM.
d3v_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 11:43 PM   #4
d3v_

hey guy's I'm planning on buying a portable gas heater for home use along with a hefty supply of gas to go wit it.

So far I've only found portable heaters which run on the 15kg cylinders and not the big 47kg ones shown below

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a portable gas heater which will feed from a 47kg cylinder??? Thanks in advance.
Old 13-04-2009, 11:50 PM   #5
tomahawk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3v_ View Post
hey guy's I'm planning on buying a portable gas heater for home use along with a hefty supply of gas to go wit it.

So far I've only found portable heaters which run on the 15kg cylinders and not the big 47kg ones shown below

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a portable gas heater which will feed from a 47kg cylinder??? Thanks in advance.
They all will, obviously the big cylinder won't fit into the portable gas heater so you will have to stand the cylinder beside the heater (away from any direct heat).buy a long length of gas hose and replace the one already in the heater with it, you might also have to get a different adapter for the bigger cylinder.
tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 11:57 PM   #6
d3v_

Ah I see what you mean now, so it's just for aesthetic reasons that they state the maximum cylinder size for the heater. That's damm good news.

And how easy would it be to get a new adapter? Which one and is it easy to fit, ect?
Old 14-04-2009, 12:18 AM   #7
tomahawk
Banned

Quote:
Ah I see what you mean now, so it's just for aesthetic reasons that they state the maximum cylinder size for the heater. That's damm good news.

And how easy would it be to get a new adapter? Which one and is it easy to fit, ect?
Ask whoever supplies the gas, they will know, there are many different kinds of adapter for gas cylinders. Try the one already on the heater first though, it might be the right type.

edit* Some of the bigger cylinders have a valve that can't be removed, you have put a screw fitting on the hose that screws directly on to the valve.

Last edited by tomahawk; 14-04-2009 at 12:24 AM.
tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 08:06 AM   #8
stickwhistler

Quote:

I'm buying a portable calor gas heater tomorrow, with as much LG gas cans as I can afford the next.
Before you do that, have a look at this.
http://www.canvasandcast.com/product_details_5.htm

They have an evilbay listing too, and can be got cheaper from there.
They are small, but bang out a lot of heat, and you can cook on the top.
Use small sticks e.g. from hedgerows, scrap timber from building sites,
or house renovations, old pallets, next doors floorboards etc.

Quite attractive in a fireplace, so 'ornamental' talking point,
and practical, and portable for tents, yer shed, caravan, camper van etc.

I have no connection with seller, other than buying one.
Old 14-04-2009, 11:32 AM   #9
cruise4

Beware of condensation issues if using gas heaters in enclosed spaces. The bottles can be turned into rather nice wood burners if you can weld a bit.

Yeah... a lot of people seem to think this will all blow over as per usual. I am not one of them.

Don't we get screwed in the UK on product choice and cost. You have hardly any choice here compared to US shops for example. But a great time to import.

Hyper-inflation will be the straw that breaks the camel's back IMO.
cruise4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 01:36 PM   #10
d3v_

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickwhistler View Post
Before you do that, have a look at this.
http://www.canvasandcast.com/product_details_5.htm

They have an evilbay listing too, and can be got cheaper from there.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=310133264671
They are small, but bang out a lot of heat, and you can cook on the top.
Use small sticks e.g. from hedgerows, scrap timber from building sites,
or house renovations, old pallets, next doors floorboards etc.

Quite attractive in a fireplace, so 'ornamental' talking point,
and practical, and portable for tents, yer shed, caravan, camper van etc.

I have no connection with seller, other than buying one.
Oh wow I love the idea of cooking on top while it's heating a room!
Does it take LPG or just combustable material like wood, ect?
Old 14-04-2009, 06:17 PM   #11
stickwhistler

Wood (which is the ultimate long term fuel IMHO) or coal,
but you can ask the seller via email or telephone from the
contact details on his website.
Old 14-04-2009, 07:15 PM   #12
d3v_

thing is though how would i use it in-doors. it needs a hole in the wall for the flute!
Old 15-04-2009, 11:35 PM   #13
d3v_

Here's a food storage instructional preview video of a product. anyone know where it can be downloaded from cos it looks quality.

http://www.foodshortageusa.com/
Old 16-04-2009, 03:59 PM   #14
manxboz

The church i attend teaches us to sock up food. i currently have enough for about 3 months under my bed.
manxboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2009, 05:59 PM   #15
waylander
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by manxboz View Post
The church i attend teaches us to sock up food. i currently have enough for about 3 months under my bed.
Having seen your 72 hour list. You must have the worlds biggest bed for a 3 month supply

Waylander
waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2009, 09:43 PM   #16
ambersky
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by manxboz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylander View Post
Having seen your 72 hour list. You must have the worlds biggest bed for a 3 month supply

Waylander
I found this last night. Dehydrated food. 3 months of this food would take up very little space.

This is a series of 10 videos. I think it's a really good idea.
She's brilliant at what she does. Her dehydrator is a good one and expensive, around £200. I have found a site selling a smaller one without a timer for around £30 including P&P. You could get your own cheap plug in timer.

Last edited by ambersky; 16-04-2009 at 09:46 PM.
ambersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2009, 10:13 PM   #17
d3v_

haha how odd, as I was looking at the excalibur dehydrator earlier today, which then led me to that womens videos of which I promptly viewed one after the other.

I highly recommend deydrating fruits and vegetables. Without these foods you will soon become unhealthy.
Old 16-04-2009, 10:33 PM   #18
ambersky
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
haha how odd, as I was looking at the excalibur dehydrator earlier today, which then led me to that womens videos of which I promptly viewed one after the other.

I highly recommend deydrating fruits and vegetables. Without these foods you will soon become unhealthy.
I watched the first 5 parts of the video last night and stayed awake till after 3! Watched the rest this morning. Really opened my eyes as to what can be dehydrated and how long the food can last - have heard more than 20 years if stored in the right conditions.

When she made the soups and stews out of that dried food it looked beautiful. I know I'm going to get one of these machines. Some dried foods you can buy in shops contain additives which does not agree with me. At least you know what goes into food you prepare yourself from fresh.

I like this site, gourmet meals prepared for bushwalk.
http://people.aapt.net.au/marcelle_cameron/
Old 16-04-2009, 10:43 PM   #19
d3v_

omg those camping meals look IDEAL. weight nothing yet are healthy as you can get!

People fill their kitchens up with such useless shit like microwaves and toasters but really the only things you need are a dehydrator and a blender/juicer.

I've been reading up on the dehydrators and by the looks of it, the excalibur is about the only model worth buying in the UK. They apparantly last 30 years plus, are easy to clean, and actually do a proper job of dehydrating unlike the cheap ones. Check this informative buying guide http://www.hiking-gear-and-equipment...ehydrator.html

oh and if you UK u will find mylar bags hard to come by but I finally found a stockist here http://www.theselfsufficiencyshop.co...hp?cPath=25_47
Old 17-04-2009, 05:07 PM   #20
ambersky
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
omg those camping meals look IDEAL. weight nothing yet are healthy as you can get!

People fill their kitchens up with such useless shit like microwaves and toasters but really the only things you need are a dehydrator and a blender/juicer.

I've been reading up on the dehydrators and by the looks of it, the excalibur is about the only model worth buying in the UK. They apparantly last 30 years plus, are easy to clean, and actually do a proper job of dehydrating unlike the cheap ones. Check this informative buying guide http://www.hiking-gear-and-equipment...ehydrator.html

oh and if you UK u will find mylar bags hard to come by but I finally found a stockist here http://www.theselfsufficiencyshop.co...hp?cPath=25_47

Thanks for the links, the buying guide is good. I am in UK. You know there's a 10 year guarantee on the Excalibur sold in USA, one year in UK. It's such an excellent machine though by all accounts I've read.