Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Old 27-03-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
mila

Default Healing mudra's

Does anyone have experience with -healing mudra's-?

I use them every day, for some years now and they really help me.
I use a Dutch and Serbian book with images of mudra's for all kinds
of problems from headaches to healing in general and relief from pain for all the organs and many diseases.

They are so easy to do, you don't need anything but your hands and
you can do them everywhere.

Here is a website with photo's of the handpositions:
http://www.mudrasforhealing.com/mudras.htm

and more drawings:
http://www.healthmad.com/Mental-Heal...Benefits.49665

Take care,
Mila.
mila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 12:51 PM   #2
mila

Default Healing through mudra's

Healing through Mudras

Introduction to Mudras
Mudras (gesture, seal) are subtle physical movements of the hands, face, and or body. Complex mudras involve the whole body in a combination of asana, pranayama, The purpose of a mudra is to activate and create a circuit of prana in the body. This circuit channels the prana in a specific way to create subtle effects and beneficial changes on different parts of the bodies systems.
People fold their fingers in various Mudras (Gestures). It is little known, however, that Mudra Science is Tatva Yoga-Yoga based on science of elements. And, believes Acharya Keshav Dev, these mudras can help cure many diseases.

Miracles of Mudras Your Health in Your Hand -Acharya Keshav Dev People fold their fingers in various Mudras (Gestures). It is little known, however, that Mudra Science is Tatva Yoga-Yoga based on science of elements. And, believes Acharya Keshav Dev, these mudras can help cure many diseases.

MRIT SANJIVINI MUDRA
In the case of severe heart attack, this life giving divice Mudra provides instant relief within a few seconds. Helping hand for Cardiacs. First Aid for Heart Problems.
APAN VAYU MUDRA (Also known as Mritsanjeevini Mudra) Fold the forefinger down and touch the mound of the thumb. The little finger should be held erect. It regulates complications of the heart. In a severe heart attack, if administered as a first aid measure within the first two seconds, it provides instant relief.

APAN MUDRA
Provides relief in urinary problems and eases difficulty in labor and delivery. It facilitates the discharge of waste matter from the body and purifies the system
Facilitates discharge of waste material from the body. Cleanses & purifies the body.
Join the middle finger and the ring finger with the tip of the thumb; the forefinger and the little finger should be held upright.

PRAN MUDRA
Energy Bank - Improves Vitality of the body & Eyesight.
Touch the points of the little finger and the ring finger to the tip of the thumb lightly. This is a life-giving mudra, it energizes the body and improves its vitality. A must for those who feel nervous, tired and weak.

LING MUDRA
Practice the Mudra and get rid of Frequent Cold, Congested Chestand Incurable Infections.
Join both the palms and lock the facing fingers together, keeping one thumb upright. The upright thumb must be encircled by the other thumb and the index finger. Makes the body resistant to colds, coughs and chest infections by generating heat in the body, and destroying accumulated phlegm in the chest. It helps in weight reduction too, but has to be practiced with restraint. The intake of at least eight glasses of water, and butter and ghee (clarified butter) as cooling agents in sufficient quantities is a must.
Due to the heat it generates, it may not be possible to practice this mudra with as much ease and flexibility as the other mudras. It might prove taxing and result in a feeling of lethargy

GYAN MUDRA
Yogic Tranquilizer. Its practice ensures Mental Peace, Concentration of the mind and Sharp Memory, Spiritual enhansment develops creativity.
The thumb and the index finger are brought together in gentle contact, not pressing hard, while all other fingers are kept upright. This is the mudra most people are familiar with.
Great thinkers such as Buddha, Mahavir, Christ and Guru Nanak are generally depicted in this pose.
It cures insomnia and mental disorders, and dissipates tension, depression and drowsiness. This is a must for those who aspire to develop telepathy or wish to acquire extrasensory abilities

SHUNYA MUDRA
Cures ear aches injust a few minutes.
Bring the middle finger down to touch the palm and bring the padding of the thumb on top of it, keeping the other fingers straight up. Do this for 40 minutes a day. This mudra is ideal for ailments of the ear, and also helps those of the nose and the throat. Even five minutes of this mudra will help an earache.

VARUNA MUDRA
A bit like the Gyan Mudra. Touch the tip of the little finger with the tip of the thumb while the other fingers are kept upright. Regular practice ensures an optimum level of water in the body and heals all ailments connected with dehydration.

SURABHI MUDRA
Join the little finger of one hand with the ring finger of the other and vice versa. Similarly, join the forefinger with the middle finger of the other hand and vice versa. Leave the thumbs free. This controls rheumatic inflammation and sharpens your intellect.

Mudras can bring about miraculous change and improvement in our body.
Mudras generate Powers to provide all round development of mind & body which brings peace and happiness.
Mudras look like miraculous remedies. They provide instant relief in many illnesses.
Mudras can cure almost any ailment from simple earache to heart attack.
Mudras help in moulding the Physical, Mental and even the Moral aspects of the individual. Some Mudras can balance the elements of the body within 45 minutes while some are fast enough to act within a few seconds.
Practice of some of the Mudra's regularly can cure Insomnia, Arthritis, improves memory.
Mudras have extra ordinary powers, practice of mudras brings about a quick and fundamental reversions of the destructive changes in the human body. They also develop virtuousity, social amiability, non-violence, piety and courteous dispositions. All Godly and superhuman persons like Lord Mahavir, Gautam Buddha, Lord Shankaracharya and others used to remain in these Mudras.
Mudra helps in Kundalini Yoga to awaken the Cosmic Energy and to unite consciousness of inner Supreme Soul.
Mudras are significant and simple yogic function by which one can develop internal and external dispositions.
Old 28-03-2009, 12:58 PM   #3
mila

(From: http://fitnessfundaa.blogspot.com/20...nt-mudras.html)

It is said in most of the ancient Indian texts on Yoga that the human body has been bestowed the power to heal itself from each and every disease without exception. And the body must be taken care of like a temple, place of worship.

Also, talking about Mudra's Science , the hand is said to have pressure points for all the glands that control all the vital functions of the body. Hence , by forming different positions and forms with the hand, we infact activate various glands and organs to work properly and you can just try forming any mudra with your hands and you will feel something to be activated within yourself.

Let us now look at some of the Mudra's and their benefits.

1. Apan Mudra:-This mudra supports the removal of waste materials and toxins from the body, as well as eliminatingurinary problems. The Apan Mudra also stimulates the wood element, which is associated with the energy of the liver and gallbladder.This element also contains the power and pleasure of springtime, of new beginnings, of tackling and shaping visions of the future.

How to form Apan Mudra:- Join the middle finger and ring finger and thumb to touch each other at the tips of each other, while keeping the other two fingers straight. When needed, do it for 5 to 45 minutes or use three times a day for 15 minutes as a course of treatment.

Benefits:- This mudra basically clears problems of constipation and is good for making lever and gall bladder work properly. In the mental realm, it creates the ability to develop vision.

2. Pran Mudra:-This Mudra activates the root chakra and increases vitality.

How to form Pran Mudra:-The tip of ring and little finger should be pressed against the tip of thumb.It should be done upto half an hour a day or three times a day for 15 minutes.

Benefitss:- This Mudra increases the vitality of the body and is especially good for eyes. Those people that have any problem with eyes, should must practice this.

3. Ling Mudra:-
This Mudra is said to boost immunity to a great extent and to a extent that some people claim it can be practiced in case of HIV to boost immunity.

How to form Ling Mudra:-Join both palms and interlock the fingers. However, keep the right thumb upright.This thumb must be encircled by the other thumb and index finger.

Benefits:- This Mudra produces heat to some extent and so is useful in case of cough and cold. Also, it is also said that it boosts immunity. Also, it reduces the fat content in the body.

4. Surya Mudra
This mudra is based on the power of Sun.Sun means energy and this helps attract the energy and power of Sun!!!

How to form Surya Mudra:-

Fold the ring finger to the inside of the hand and the thumb over it. The remaining fingers are straight and up.

Benefits:- This mudra is very useful for removing obesity as it controls the hunger and temptation for food and changes the metabolism so that it is easy to lose weight and maintain it in a natural way all your life. Besides, it also cures mental heaviness and reduces the earth element.

5. Shoonya Mudra:-"Shunya" means "zero" or "sky". Sky is connected with the highest forces - with the "upper person" - with head.

How to form Shunya Mudra:-Bend the middle finger until it touches the ball of your thumb. Lightly press down on the middle
finger with your thumb. The other fingers are extended. Do this with each hand. Do as needed,or use three times daily for 15 minutes as a course of treatment.

Benefits:-This Mudra is highly beneficial for any problem related to hearing and ear. So, those with any type of problems related to ear must practice it.
Old 28-03-2009, 01:01 PM   #4
mila

Default Opening the chakra's with simple mudra's

Opening the chakra's with the use of simple mudra's:

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras/open.php

(saw they have a copyright, so didn't want to post the images)

Enjoy!
Old 28-03-2009, 01:55 PM   #5
amercury

Thanks for this info mila
amercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 02:13 PM   #6
mila

you're welcome, amercury
Old 05-04-2009, 05:53 PM   #7
jojo

thanks for posting this info. been looking into mudras myself just lately
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #8
mila

you're very welcome jojo

They're wonderful and easy to do and all you need is your hands.

I'm combining the mudra's now with orgonite and crystals on certain positions
that require healing, experimenting a little.
Will get back on that if interesting things happen
Old 06-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #9
grannymoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mila View Post
Opening the chakra's with the use of simple mudra's:

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras/open.php

(saw they have a copyright, so didn't want to post the images)

Enjoy!
interesting site that! thanks
Old 06-04-2009, 07:26 PM   #10
pinkfreud
Inactive

hey mila, this is a wonderful thread

i've been reading up on mudras myself and looking to combine its effects along with that of kundalini yoga, pranayama and meditation.

i found that just a week of kundalini yoga made me a much calmer person and alert as well. i'll be (specifically) looking to try out dhyani, uttarabodhi and vajrapradama to get a good start.

these mudras are also used in numerous dances here and one can see how the hand movements add to the beauty, grace and 'tranquility' of these dance forms.

thanks again for starting this thread.

xx

Last edited by pinkfreud; 06-04-2009 at 07:28 PM.
pinkfreud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:08 PM   #11
mila

you're very welcome pink

I have seen dances like that, they are wonderful indeed
(visiting the family of an Indian child from my class, and then they made the teacher- me-dance as well )

I should post more of these, I was looking for one that I use when I go to sleep, but I can't find a picture, yet.

-Right hand: connect your thumb and index finger
-Left hand: connect your thumb and the little finger.
Five minutes and then: sweet dreams.
I do it always! It makes your relax and prepares for sleep.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:14 PM   #12
mila

More pictures of mudra's
and explanation:

http://www.spiritproject.com/medicus/mudras/

Like this:

Mudra for the strengthening of your immune systems
(Good for colds and other infections)

Put the tips of your thumb, middle and ring finger together. Do with both hands and hold them in your lab for a couple of minutes.

Wow, I really need this one myself (who doesn't in these times...)
Old 07-04-2009, 01:23 PM   #13
mila

For the ladies:

Feminine Adi Shakti Primal Power Mudra - The Yoni Mudra represents getting in touch with female energies. Symbolizes a woman's vulva.

How to form the Yoni mudra: Hands form an almond shape with joined thumbs extended upwards. Fingers are joined at tips extended downwards.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:34 PM   #14
mila

Nice article about the deeper (in this case buddhist) significance of mudra's and
beautiful images:

http://www.exoticindiaart.com/article/mudras

From this site:

(Mudras are a non-verbal mode of communication and self-expression, consisting of hand gestures and finger-postures. They are symbolic sign based finger patterns taking the place, but retaining the efficacy of the spoken word, and are used to evoke in the mind ideas symbolizing divine powers or the deities themselves.

The composition of a mudra is based on certain movements of the fingers; in other words, they constitute a highly stylized form of gestureal communication. It is an external expression of 'inner resolve', suggesting that such non-verbal communications are more powerful than the spoken word.

Many such hand positions were used in the Buddhist sculpture and painting of India, Tibet, China, Korea and Japan. They indicate to the faithful in a simple way the nature and the function of the deities represented. Mudras are thus gestures which symbolize divine manifestation. They are also used by monks in their spiritual exercises of ritual meditation and concentration, and are believed to generate forces that invoke the deity)
Old 07-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #15
mila

http://spirituality.indiatimes.com/a...1953200486.cms

and in English and German:

http://www2.bremen.de/info/nepal/Ico...ras/Mudras.htm

From this site: http://www.jainworld.com/shrutpragya/pos1.html (nice info, good images)

DHENU POSTURE:
Method: Crossing both hands, join the index finger to the middle finger, ring finger to the little fingers and keep thumb to the other thumb. Point the fingers downward. Close your eye and concentrate your conscious mind on the mudra. While in this position you will feel your mental problems going in to the earth through your fingers.
Benefits: By practicing 1 to 5 minutes for 7 days, it is helpful in curing depression, mental disturbance, despair, dissension and stress.

I look like a mudra-fanatic now...and I am
Old 07-04-2009, 02:02 PM   #16
mila

GOOD NIGHT MUDRA (PARIVATAN MUDRA):
Method: Lie down on your back. Clasp your hand tightly, interlocking the fingers. Then with the fingers of the left hand press on the back of the right hand and vice versa. Repeat 27 times.
Benefits: By practicing for 3 days, this mudra cures insomnia and can lead to sound sleep and no bad dreams. The body will rest easily and comfortably.

And you just need your hands. Haven't tried this one myself yet.
27 times...and off to sleep. Actually, I feel calmer once I start doing this one.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #17
mila

From: http://fitnessfundaa.blogspot.com/20...1_archive.html

1. Vayu Mudra:-

Vayu means wind and this Mudra is specifically aimed at eliminating flatulence. It is believed to be working immediately. But after the problem is overcome, the Mudra should be discontinued. If the condition is chronic, the Mudra should be done thrice daily for fifteen minutes.

How to form Vayu Mudra:-Press the index finger on the base of thumb and keep the thumb on the index finger. Let the other fingers be straight

Benefits:-. Helps in diseases like Parkinson's disease,Rheumatism
Sciatica,Stiff Neck,Knee Pain,Gout,Joint Pain in hands and feet,Paralysis,Hysteria.For better results, it should be done after Pran Mudra.

2. Akash Mudra:-

As the name suggests, the mudra is named after sky(akash) and is thus called Akas Mudra.This Mudra helps to center the energy i.e., it provides energy to any part of body that islacking.

How to form the Akash mudra:- Thumb and middle finger are joined. Index, ring, and pinky fingers are extended.It should be done for 15 minutes.

Benefits:- It strengthens the bones and is also good for tootaches.It cures problems of nasal and oral cavities and also removes frustation.

3. Prithvi Mudra

This Mudra activates the root chakra, which houses our vital energy or elemental force. A good vital energy optimizes the physical potential in a person who is then in a position to actualize both his physical and metaphysical goals. It is essential for a life of fulfillment to ward off energy deficits and the Prithvi Mudra is an ideal tool.

How to form Prithvi Mudra:- Join the tip of ring finger and thumb while keeping other three relaxed and extended.

Benefits:- It normalizes the body equilibrium,helps improve physical weakness and increases tolerance and patience.

4. Agni Mudra:-

This mudra is based on the power of fire and should be performed empty stomach and this must be disocntinued in the case of acidity,indigestion and heart burn.

How to form Agni Mudra:-
Fold the ring finger at the base of thumb and press it with the thumb at the second phalange. Keep the rest of the three fingers straight and perform it in sitting position only. It should be performed 2-3 times a day for 15 minutes to observe the results. It should be practiced in the sitting position only.

Benefits:- It helps dissolving the extra fat of body by controlling the metabolic rate,burns the excess Phlegms and compensates for sluggish digestion. It is also good for maintaining the cholesterol level in body. Also, it produces heat in body, so is good to be practiced in winter.

5. Varun Mudra

Varun means "water" and hence as the name suggests this mudra helps regulate the fluid level in the body and thus on practice it cures the disorders related to these. Thus, This Mudra is very good to get rid of the excess mucous that collects in the stomach or lung.

How to form Varun Mudra:-
joining the little finger tip with the tip of the thumb, keeping the rest of the three fingers straight. This can be performed sitting or standing or lying down, however the best is sitting cross legged. However, make sure you do not not press the tip of the little finger near the nail as it causes dehydration rather than moisturizing the system.

Benefits:-
It maintains the fluid in the body and related disorders. This , thus, is helpful in Kidney malfunction and promotes urination.It is also good for skin disorders, wrinkles, skin infections, skin dryness and thus brings lots of lustier and glows to the body and especially face. It purifies the blood and takes care of many blood disorders.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:42 PM   #18
mila

from:http://ezinearticles.com/?Hand-Yoga-...Mums&id=836137

(article: Hand Yoga for stressed mums, but I do it too )

Enter the very useful and very de-stressing yoga in your hand postures. Known to all the "in crowd" as mudra's.
Mudras are hand postures that when held for as little as three minutes can encourage the flow of specific energy channels in your body. They are very subtle and allow the body when given the chance to re-balance itself.
No flash outfits, groovy eco-friendly yoga mats or super flexible bodies needed here.
All you need is your good self and 3 minutes to allow your mind and body to release the tension and stress through clever movements and positions with your fingers, hands and palms.

Enter the healing rejuvenation mudra:
Sit comfortably somewhere, anywhere. You can even do them right here and now in front of your computer. Alternately it might be in your car, locked in the toilet (sometimes necessary with young children) your secret hiding place, kitchen, lounge or bedroom.
Make sure your back is straight. Your eyes can be kept open. Place both palms of your hands directly on your ears. Place your left palm on left ear and right palm on right ear. Gently move your hands as if massaging your ears in a smooth circular motion. Repeat this circulation motion in a counterclockwise direction for at least 3 minutes.
During those 3 minutes listen to the sounds of the ocean which you can hear naturally in your ears. Your breathing should be long, slow and deep. You can also close your eyes if you feel more comfortable.
Make sure your inhale and exhale go all the way down to your abdomen releasing any stale air and energy.
If your mind is having trouble staying focused then give it something useful to do by repeating the following mantra.
"I am calm, relaxed and rejuvenated" "I am calm, relaxed and rejuvenated"
A healing mudra to prevent exhaustion:
Sit with a straight back. Lift your arms and get a hold of your earlobes with your index fingers and thumbs. Hold onto your ears and let the weight of your hands pull on them.
Relax and feel the energy shift and drain away from inside your head, down into your body and then back into the ground.
Hold for 3 minutes focusing all the time on long, slow deep breathes.
Again if your mind is restless simply repeat a mantra that feels comfortable for you:
"I am easily releasing all stress from my mind and body"
A healing mudra for strong nerves:
Sit with a straight spine. Women: Lift your left hand to ear level, palm facing out.
Connect your thumb and middle finger and stretch your other fingers.
Place your right hand in front of your solar plexus (stomach area), palm facing up. Your thumb and little finger are touching; the other fingers are straight. Men reverse the position.
Inhale with four breaths and exhale in one strong breath. Stresses have little chance of depleting you when your nervous system is strong and healthy.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:47 PM   #19
mila

The above is called Mandala Mudra and is the gesture of wholeness. It's wonderful for balancing the mind and emotions, and especially helpful in emotional challenges and bringing greater clarity.
This mudra stimulates the five elements, allowing your energy to move freely through the subtle channels called nadi's and chakra's.
The thumb represents fire, the index finger air, the middle finger sky or ether, the ring finger is earth and the pinky is water.
  1. place your right hand on top of the left and touch the tips of the thumbs
  2. rest your hands comfortably in your lap
  3. close your eyes and breathe naturally
  4. sit quietly for about five minutes and allow a sense of wholeness to embrace you
Old 09-05-2009, 05:10 PM   #20
jojo

these are great, thanks for posting.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote