Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 05-10-2008, 02:34 PM   #1
wazaaap

Default Knives

Righty people!

Knifes - three recoomended knives are - pocket - hunting and machete or parang

so i thought it would be good for some advice on what to look for in a knife and maybe some recomendations?
wazaaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 02:36 PM   #2
wazaaap

This is supposed to be an excellent pocket knife

http://www.bkcg.co.uk/products/manu/...ks1600dam.html
Old 05-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #3
logic bomb
Premier Subscribers

lol I was going to start a thread on Knives as well and have been scouring that very site. A bit pricey there though. I'm going to get imports from here http://www.canadaknives.com/ or elsewhere in the states. Works out at nearly half the price.

I agree 3 blades are ideal. This is what I'm looking at right now for my hunting/bowie choice.

Columbia military SR Bowie - C$33.99

CK 1406 Tactical Knife - C$59.99

Smith & Wesson CKSUR Tactical - C$39.99

logic bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 03:06 PM   #4
tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazaaap View Post
Righty people!

so i thought it would be good for some advice on what to look for in a knife and maybe some recomendations?
the best i have found are to be army store on the market and i tell you why

they range from bow knives / straight knives and macheti .

all are just one piece of metal from tip of blade right up to the handle however , on these knives they have a long amount of para cord wrapped roundthe handle end .

this can act as many things .

1) it takes the harshness off the metal for easy and freindly handling to the hand .

2) can then be taken off he handle ad used as normal cord .

3) the cord can be used to secure it on a long stick for a throwing spear !

they are flat and easily stored in various places .

Last edited by tracker; 05-10-2008 at 03:41 PM.
tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 03:39 PM   #5
wazaaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by logic bomb View Post
lol I was going to start a thread on Knives as well and have been scouring that very site. A bit pricey there though. I'm going to get imports from here http://www.canadaknives.com/ or elsewhere in the states. Works out at nearly half the price.

I agree 3 blades are ideal. This is what I'm looking at right now for my hunting/bowie choice.

Columbia military SR Bowie - C$33.99

CK 1406 Tactical Knife - C$59.99

Smith & Wesson CKSUR Tactical - C$39.99

The first two are a no from me -

first one - The ridges on the back are useless and can cause problems when gutting animals.

Second one - metal handle is a bad idea - too cold.

the third looks ok i suppose.

i was thinking of these

Nieto Sheath Knives Hk8403

and

Web-tex Machete in Sheath

and this

TRUE UTILITY TU70 stainless steel Lock Knife

Last edited by wazaaap; 05-10-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:47 PM   #6
snowee

Hi Wazaaap,

I'd like to recommend a kukri. If you get a proper nepalese one, they are very sharp, hold their edge and are very useful. Mine is an Mtech model (made in China... So, it's a GM blade which is not as good as the real thing , but still does a very good job) and I'm still going to get a proper one.... The steel is better and it holds it's edge.

If you're going to carry a hatchet, an axe, and 3 knives, you can do away with the hatchet and have the kukri to replace it. You can use it for felling, kindling creation, site clearance etc. The tip is designed to do your gentle stuff, the middle of the blade is your hatchet and the area close to the handle works as a draw knife for carving/paring etc.

I've bragged to friends that I've taken down a 30 foot tree (silver birch) with it and I wasn't making it up! Frighteningly efficient!

-snowee-
snowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 03:54 PM   #7
wazaaap

got any links?
Old 05-10-2008, 04:34 PM   #8
krakhead
Premier Subscribers

Just to help people understand the current UK law on carrying an edged tool - I found this -

Quote:
What is and isn't legal

the maximum penalty for carrying a knife is four years in prison and a fine of £5000

it is illegal for any shop to sell a knife of any kind (including cutlery and kitchen knives) to anyone under the age of 18

it is generally an offence to carry a knife in public without good reason or lawful authority (for example, a good reason is a chef on the way to work carrying their own knives)

the maximum penalty for an adult carrying a knife is four years in prison and a fine of £5000

knives where the blade folds into the handle, like a Swiss Army Knife, aren't illegal as long as the blade is shorter than three inches (7.62 cms)

Offensive weapons

If a knife is used in a threatening way (even a legal knife, such as a Swiss Army knife), it is regarded as an 'offensive weapon' by the law. This is also the case with things like screwdrivers - once used in a threatening manner, they are treated as offensive weapons. It is an offence to carry an offensive weapon in a public place, if you don't have a reasonable excuse. This means that carrying something that could be viewed as an offensive weapon, and then using it in a threatening way, could mean that you are prosecuted. The penalty is up to four years' imprisonment and/or a fine.

There is a complete ban on the sale of certain types of knives categorised as offensive weapons, regardless of their use, these include:

flick knives - knives where the blade is hidden inside the handle and shoots out when a button is pressed; these are also called 'switchblades' or 'automatic knives'

butterfly knives - where the blade is hidden inside a handle that splits in two around it, like wings; the handles swing around the blade to open or close it

disguised knives - where the blade is hidden inside something like a belt buckle or fake mobile phone
And, apparently, when they talk about the length of the 'blade' they're talking about the sharp bit, not the whole length. (Saw that on another page)
obviously satirical that some people somewhere don't already believe it.”
Rwy'n dy garu di
krakhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 04:35 PM   #9
snowee

Well here's a link on how one is made (and buy) and you can find them on ebay:

http://www.himalayan-imports.com/kami.html

-snowee-
Old 05-10-2008, 04:51 PM   #10
snowee

Wikipedia 'style' of knife law:

http://www.goxplore.net/guides/Knife_law_(UK)

But then you have to take into account Rupert Morecock's 'the BUM' and it's hysterical badgering of TK-Maxx for selling a coat with a pen-knife in it.... F*ck, I could walk out with 3 concealed knives... All more deadly than the pansy-arsed penknife they showed, and they are all legal (by definition) but I don't and won't!

I could kill anyone with a pencil, a fork, a beercan and even a rolled-up newspaper!? C*nts just don't want us to defend ourselves against their stormtroopers and all I'm ever going to do is run a fast as I can from these brain-dead idiots.

Shit... They used Micheal Ryan well, with his supposed 'murder spree', to get guns out of circulation in the UK... If I had known then what I know now... I'd have bought loads of guns!

BTW... I don't have any!

I buy knives as tools and they all fit certain jobs... They are a tool!... Are they going to ban all spanners because someone hurt/killed someone with one once?? F*cking brain-dead manipulated, kiddy-fiddling puppet politicians!

-snowee-
Old 05-10-2008, 08:48 PM   #11
the itinerant shrubber

The knives that have proved their worth for me are the Frost Clippers,the Opinal folding knives and the crocodile Golok. I've used all of them for years and and I wouldnt use anything else.
I always have these in my kit as well as a Granfors Bruks axe. I've used mine to splice cordage,make fire sticks,whittle spoons,strip bark and lop of tree branches. If I could only keep one blade,I'd keep this axe.
the itinerant shrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:17 PM   #12
snowee

Hi IS, I forgot to mention my Opinal penknife, which is the finest pocket knife I have ever had, it's a number 6, cost me 4 euros (mickey mouse money) when I visited the fine nation of France and at the time it was worth 60+ pence to the euro... worked out that I paid less than £3 for the greatest tool I ever had.

For fine carving of spoons etc, including shaving slithers off of fat pine... I'd lay my life on the line for it's reliability... It's the knife I always have in my pocket whilst I keep my Khukri in my bag!! I have, I believe, a number 6... as I am not communicating from home and can't check.

But... the best edge I ever found on a 'pen knife' and would be heart-broken if I didn't have it around whilst travelling!

Good call!

Well done for reminding me!

-snowee-

P.S. As I don't have much understanding of the messaging system and the pc I'm on went fubar whilst messaging, I'd like to thank Wazaaap for the 'advice' he gave. Thank you very much mate! Hope the messages get through. We're gonna have to start a southern chapter for meeting up and have a survivalist discussion.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:52 AM   #13
wazaaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowee View Post
P.S. As I don't have much understanding of the messaging system and the pc I'm on went fubar whilst messaging, I'd like to thank Wazaaap for the 'advice' he gave. Thank you very much mate! Hope the messages get through. We're gonna have to start a southern chapter for meeting up and have a survivalist discussion.

Got it cheers.

i believe tracker is also in our neck of the woods, will pm you.
Old 15-10-2008, 12:13 PM   #14
none
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by the itinerant shrubber View Post
The knives that have proved their worth for me are the Frost Clippers,the Opinal folding knives and the crocodile Golok. I've used all of them for years and and I wouldnt use anything else.
I always have these in my kit as well as a Granfors Bruks axe. I've used mine to splice cordage,make fire sticks,whittle spoons,strip bark and lop of tree branches. If I could only keep one blade,I'd keep this axe.
My mate who is into fishing in a big way (and used to hunt quite a bit too) says that the Opinel knives are essential (consumable) knives on any trip.
none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 02:22 PM   #15
gu3rr1lla

This is the one im thinking of buying, its suppose to be an awesome knife

http://www.heinnie.com/kpseq8853026/.../p-92-139-963/

gu3rr1lla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 05:44 PM   #16
marpat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazaaap View Post
Righty people!

Depends what the knife will be used for. You obviously want a good quality blade with a full tang and a handle that will not rot or degrade. Try the wilkinson sword survival knife. A serated spine can be useful for creating sparks from flint.

A small, good quality knife is ideas for delicate cutting and skinning.

For chopping the Kukri is often recommended rather than a machete. There are a lot of modern kukris on the market.
marpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 05:48 PM   #17
marpat
Inactive

http://www.surplusandadventure.com/s...es-swords.html
marpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 06:15 PM   #18
entrangermercenary
Inactive

Default Gerber

http://www.gerberknifestore.com/site...04/page/764786

I had a heavy duty gerber combat knife many years ago.It did the job and was a great bit of kit.Not cheap but you get wat you pay for imo.
entrangermercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 06:18 PM   #19
entrangermercenary
Inactive

Talking PS

Do not buy any hollow handled survival knife, with all the survival kit in , they will break under stress!! BE WARNED
entrangermercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 06:23 PM   #20
steevo
Inactive

Are there some knives that are legal to buy and carry home ?

Can we legally carry certain knives into the woods for hunting ?
steevo is offline   Reply With Quote