Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 17-09-2008, 09:00 AM   #1
wazaaap

Default Survival list

Im going to use the first post for the list so far, to save reading all the way through:

The Grab and Run Solution:

2X) bumbags = £5,99 each.
2X) water purification tablet bottles , each purifies 75 litres of water .=£5.99
1X) compass £5,99
1X) pen and paper wrapped in sealable bag =£3
1X) 1st aid kit ( small )
1x) triangle bandages =£5
1X) knife varies , about a good £5 to £10
1X) water proof matches ( make them your self or bye them = £3,99
1X) fire flints £5 - (Reccomended Firesteel)
1X) silver water proof coats ( thin and small , in packets ) can cost £2,99 each , one for each member of family
1X) germaline tube= £1,99
1X) fire lighter fuel cells for out door fires =£2,99 small packet
1X) mini map of britain book =£5,99
1X) little gem book called food for free =£4,99 =100 food types , preparing , cooking etc from nature very good value for money .
1x) para cord £5,99 = for securing a knife to a long stick forhunting and variouse other means

Last edited by wazaaap; 17-09-2008 at 04:53 PM.
wazaaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 09:03 AM   #2
wazaaap

Also any websites, both in the UK and the US would be good.
Old 17-09-2008, 09:14 AM   #3
tracker

1st of all

( thank you wazaap , you know why )

i will start with a basic list that can be slowly gathered over the next few weeks to months for the home

not in theevent of a nuke although it could help .

this 1st list will be drawn up for economic hardships and ecological desasters etc , electrical black outs and power losses etc , these tiems can be bought week by week and i will do my best to gve an estimated cost next to each item .

Last edited by tracker; 17-09-2008 at 09:42 AM.
tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 09:42 AM   #4
tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker View Post
1st of all

( thank you wazaaap , you know why )

i will start with a basic list that can be slowly gathered over the next few weeks to months for the home

not in the event of a nuke although it could help .

this 1st list will be drawn up for economic hardships and ecological disasters etc , electrical black outs and power losses etc , these items can be bought week by week and i will do my best to give an estimated cost next to each item .

100 ) tea lite candles = £1,99. try to get at least ten packets .

5 )water purifying tablet bottles .= £4.99 each

5 )times water distilling tablets to counter act the taste of water purifying tablets .

1 )small (usually black ) fire lighter camping stove , this will become relevant later .

1 )wind up radio . costs vary from £7,99 to £30 . the best is 30 coz its also better cubings , heavy duty and also solar .

1 )times wind up Tilly lamp torch . which has an alarm and a mobile charge option costs about £20

1X )big heavy survival knife .costs vary , go to boot fairs , the best are flat mettle with rope around the top .that way can be used as make shift tin opener and hunters spear by using rope to secure knife to a straight stick .

1X) gas stove top comes separate for gas canister =£7.99

1x) gas Tilly lamp = £14.99
both fit the gas canisters.aso these gas canisters do come in about 4 sizes .
get as many as possible .
small ones cost£4.99 , larger ones cost £5.99 and so on , one big big one can cost £50 . the choices are yours .

1X ) oil based Tilly lamp mostly paraffin ( cost at boo fairs ) £5.

2 x ) 5 gallon Gerry cans for paraffin ( for back up )

2X) 5 gallon ( white plastic ) water containers cost= £5 to £10 depending on where you get them

save as many 2 litre plastic bottles from lemonade , coke , cherry aid and save every bottle for water containers .

1X) portable loo just in case ? it does cost £45 but is totally secured and does not leave pongs .
1X) portable loo cleaner and flush fluids .prises vary from £5 to £10.

? X ) sleeping bags in case heating goes . cost £15 to £35 each depending again where you get them .

5 x) big salt packets or bottles for mouth ulcers , or other cleansing things in mouths or preserving things .in hard times salt is a good thing .

5or 10 packets of yeast .
flower , keep in bags , and then put in sealed plastic bags with as much air out as possible .

1x packet of 2 camping tin openers .

many sealable plastic bags costs vary from £2,99 to £4,99

note;

during an electrical blackout your central heating still may not work , as did mine fail during on 2 years ago .

i found during that time , that tea light candles can last up to 6hours

i put 14 tea light candles in my front room one night and suddenly realised it was so warm we all had to take off our jumpers , so tea light candles can be used for heating aswell as light .note , in exteme cold , usin candles for heat , plase leave rrom also ventilated as bad affects of crbon monoxide can slowly build up .

since they last so long , i have also noticed they serve 3 good things .
heating
light
cooking .

how do you cook with tea light candles ?
simple , now you know why i said get one of those fire lighter small make shift camping stoves for out doors .

a large flat baking tray for a base .
take out the fire lighter ( paraffin based ) cubes or circle things , do not light them in a house . remove them and turn upside down the fire stove .
put in the tea light candles , not undernieth the stove , but on top of the small shelf , thus placing them directly undernieth a pan etc . d not put them underneith the stove where the normal parrafin based cubes would go . this tactic is different from using the cubes etc , so turn the stove upside down nd place candls on the stove , not undernieth it .
ok it will blacken your pan or mes tin , butit does work ad very quickly too .
the stove can take 5 candles at any one time .

place a source pan of 1 litre water and see how 5 tea light candles can heat 1 litre of water in less than 6 mins .

after using the tea light candles they can be the put back on the side shelves or window etc for light .
remember , do not blow them out once they are lit up , so extreme care must be taken when moving them for cooking andbanc again for light . don't forget , when you have lit some up for lighting , they can be used for cooking , and still used for light afterwards .
these tea light candles are brilliant . i also take them on camping as the wax can be used for water proofing matches , or for fuel if used correctly .

the gas stoves are for backup purposes , as are the Tilly lamps that us paraffin .

please note ;
if you have children in the home , do not leave them in a room with candles on their own and keep all candies far away from wall paper , curtains , and other flammable materials .

i will make more on this thread about this post .

Last edited by tracker; 17-09-2008 at 09:49 AM.
Old 17-09-2008, 09:45 AM   #5
wazaaap

Brilliant advice, can you recommend places to buy this stuff?
Old 17-09-2008, 09:57 AM   #6
tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazaaap View Post
Brilliant advice, can you recommend places to buy this stuff?

yes , but you might wish to read the list again i have updated it .

anyway good places to get this stuff .

tea light candles , best prises funny enough is asda ????????????????

but you can get these equipments , small things from markets and boot fairs .
remember
gtting gas lighters 10 for £2 or so and a couple of gas canisters cat hurt .

also i have found that a clipper lighter with 2 petrol fuel tins for back up also helps just in case . the clippers are good for bad whether but you can bye storm proof lighters too that run off gas , you know ? they look like mini flame throwers , good little tings too , very good in bad storms adhigh winds .

so were was I ?

oh yes places to get these things .

best campting equipment like those i have meantioned can be gotten from most
millets ( but expensive )
camping shops
mountain shops
army and navi

other things like fire lighters
tea light candles
matches ( which you can water proof your self )
plastic bottles
Gerry cans
and some camping equipment can be bought on markets and boot fairs.

portable loos
5 gallon water containers
knives
portale out door stoves
sleeping bags
and other various stuffs can be got in the shops above .
sometimes even halfords do a good range of camping stuff .
Old 17-09-2008, 10:05 AM   #7
wazaaap

Great stuff, what about online, do you know of any good web-sites?
Old 17-09-2008, 10:07 AM   #8
wazaaap

I saw a tool the other day "firesteel" have you seen them? what is your opinion of something like that?
Old 17-09-2008, 10:08 AM   #9
tracker

Quote:
yes , but you might wish to read the list again i have updated it .

anyway good places to get this stuff .

tea light candles , best prises funny enough is asda ????????????????

but you can get these equipments , small things from markets and boot fairs .
remember
gtting gas lighters 10 for £2 or so and a couple of gas canisters cat hurt .

also i have found that a clipper lighter with 2 petrol fuel tins for back up also helps just in case . the clippers are good for bad whether but you can bye storm proof lighters too that run off gas , you know ? they look like mini flame throwers , good little tings too , very good in bad storms adhigh winds .

so were was I ?

oh yes places to get these things .

best campting equipment like those i have meantioned can be gotten from most
millets ( but expensive )
camping shops
mountain shops
army and navi

other things like fire lighters
tea light candles
matches ( which you can water proof your self )
plastic bottles
Gerry cans
and some camping equipment can be bought on markets and boot fairs.

portable loos
5 gallon water containers
knives
portale out door stoves
sleeping bags
and other various stuffs can be got in the shops above .
sometimes even halfords do a good range of camping stuff .
ive bought 1000 tealigh candles , the gas stoves are for cooking ( naturally ) but this eases up using tea lightcandles .

also one more thing

a petrol based camping stove ( real real good things they are ) can be bought from any good fishing shop .
they run on an expensive fuel but also run on unleaded pertrol too .

they are expensive andcost £45 to £50 , but the fuel costs so littl for what it ca do and how mush itcan cook .
the specially made fuel can cost £5 pe litre as where unleaded costs far less as we both know per litre.

i use other types of cooking amenities for the ability of flexability .

so i have 1000 tealight candles .
gas stoves
outdoor cooking stoves too
including wind up tilly lamps
iol lamps
wind up torches
and so much more including the poter loo.

you never know , i think its best to slowly get this stuff bit by bit , not only o tat others dont know what your doing ,but it eases up on the old pocket too if you know what i mean.
i took 3 to 5 years to get all my stuff , but it can take lss if your really serious about it .

imagine how many families wouldnt have been so stranded in london when the floods hit if they had of prepared like this ?
Old 17-09-2008, 10:09 AM   #10
tracker

fire steel ?

are they those flint like gadgets ?
i have 3 .

1 in the house

one in my grab and run bag

one in my camping gear.

fire steel ? are they those flint sticks with a scraper ?
Old 17-09-2008, 10:11 AM   #11
wazaaap

Quote:
fire steel ?

i have 3 .

1 in the house

one in my camping gear.

http://www.firesteel.co.uk/
Old 17-09-2008, 10:13 AM   #12
jojo

great thread guys, loads of good advice. cheers
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 10:13 AM   #13
wazaaap

Quote:
fire steel ?

i have 3 .

1 in the house

one in my camping gear.

You mention house, grab and run bag and camping gear, maybe it would be good to list what you have in these.
Old 17-09-2008, 10:15 AM   #14
tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazaaap View Post

wow !

ive never seen them , but now im going to get a couple , if i know where to that is .

i shall look about and ask in the camping shops etc .

thanks for that wazaaap , good gear in my eyes .
thankyou for that hint , it might help some time , thanks alot , much better than striking flint sticks , much easier and probarly a better chance of lighting a fire in bad weather.

cheers wazaaap.
Old 17-09-2008, 10:18 AM   #15
wazaaap

Quote:
wow !

ive never seen them , but now im going to get a couple , if i know where to that is .

i shall look about and ask in the camping shops etc .

thanks for that wazaaap , good gear in my eyes .
thankyou for that hint , it might help some time , thanks alot , much better than striking flint sticks , much easier and probarly a better chance of lighting a fire in bad weather.

cheers wazaaap.
i have a couple of them, the more expensive the better, they have a life age think it is like 1million strokes if you get a good one :-)

thats allot of fire, they light first time too. EVEN UNDER WATER! i was amazed - done it in the bath lol.

Im on this site at the moment, www.surplusandadventure.com - im thinking about stocking up - money isn't the problem for me i just want the best gear and the least hastle.
Old 17-09-2008, 10:20 AM   #16
tracker

right ok then give me a while to gather my survival head and i will tell you whats in them .

grab and run bag= for such an extreme event , that no preperation for leaving , like packing clothes etc can be obtained in any cercumstances axcept = grab and run . the ultimate smallest esentials .

2 home safety and security kit = you have that already.

3 the ultimate ( large ) out door kit , probarbly takes 2 poeple to carry .
sheared loads etc , this eases up the stress of wieght being carried by one person .
mind you , if you had time to get it and put it in a car , hopefully minumal walking is needed , but that changes due to curcumstances i suppose .

so i will make 3 lists each seperate from each other .

please allow a little while .
Old 17-09-2008, 10:27 AM   #17
wazaaap

Quote:
3 the ultimate ( large ) out door kit , probarbly takes 2 poeple to carry .
sheared loads etc , this eases up the stress of wieght being carried by one person .
mind you , if you had time to get it and put it in a car , hopefully minumal walking is needed , but that changes due to curcumstances i suppose .
Fuck waiting for cars and crap - be fit - i run over 10 miles a day, think how much i can cycle :-)

Everyone will drive and people who take motor bikes will be shot and the bike stolen - People on push bikes however will be branded mad.

I like being mad - it is the opposite of Sheeple "normal" i think this is the best way to be :-)
Old 17-09-2008, 10:36 AM   #18
tracker

excellent site wazaaap . brilliant . also ? do you know wherei ca get a fire stick ? would love to get a couple my self .

GRAB AND RUN BAGS !

this is a combination of two bumbags tied together so that ease of grabbing and running can be achieved in a minimum time with out having to think "have you forgotten something".

bumbags = £5,99 each.
2x) water purification tablet bottles , each purifies 75 litres of water .=£5.99
1X) compass £5,99
1X) pen and paper wrapped in sealable bag =£3
1x) 1st aid kit ( small ) also bye one triangle bandages =£5
1X) knife varies , about a good £5 to £10
1X) water proof matches ( make them your self or bye them = £3,99
1X) fire flints £5
1X) ? silver water proof coats ( thin and small , in packets ) can cost £2,99 each , one for each member of family
1X)germaline tube= £1,99
1X)fire lighter fuel cells for out door fires =£2,99 small packet
1X) mini map of britain book =£5,99
1X0 little gem book called food for free =£4,99 =100 food types , preparing , cooking etc from nature very good value for money .
1x) para cord £5,99 = for securing a knife to a long stick forhunting and variouse other means .

all this should fit into 2 bumbags .
i managed it all in one but it was a good one .

however , i gave that to a freind of mine , so i am building another , andmaybe i might split it into 2 bumbags but tie them together .
in extreme bad situations , the reason why 2 is beter i because of one person gest robbed
has an accident ,
gets lost
or is taken away for what ever reason , the other adult has at least some equipment .
its called , prudent planning .

also ? from a distance , it doesnt look as thoug you have much on you thus making you less of a target for theives etc .

but thats my head on things here .
lol
Old 17-09-2008, 10:49 AM   #19
tracker

wazaaap ?
well done there on the sheeple and cars thing .

too true !

here is a comment i made on another thread . unfortunatly i havehad to cut and paste it , i hope the mods dont min as it actually suits this tread more than any othe and is very relevent to what you said , any way here goes .

here is just one hint if you live near a city , i have based this on London but it acounts for all cities .
this is just one small part .

do you read survival books ?
have you got camping equipment just in case ?
fire making equipment etc ?

if so that's good .
these worries had me worried a long time ago , so to help me forget it , i got all the equipment concerned , and put it in my garage for keeps sake , just in case .
now i don't worry about it at all because i have a minimum to allow for the "chance" to survive in bad times . so most worries have gone completely .

practical advice is realistic , some times harsh on appearance , so please do not allow this post of mine to worry you .

1stly.
your understanding of your situation is top grade if you live in a city , as you are realistic in the knowing that even if a small chemical bomb went off in London ,they would probably stop all travel in and out of the city .
this is bad for those who have not been affected by a dirty or chemical bomb because it can leave them in danger of getting killed by a virus or something like that .
whilst the argument of "spreading" an infection or disease goes with out question , it isn't any use to some one who has not been infected and is made by law to stay in a danger zone .
SO ?

1A)
make preplanned escape routes , the quickest way out of London , ( any city or very large town ) as roads and other ways can get blocked quickly .
during an escape plan other alternative routes should be considered as make safe seconds up .
a radio and constant listening to traffic on radios will help you , maybe . always know alternative routes , that do not have just one way traffic , this can help you turn around and double back to an alternative route if needed .

1B)
try to get to know others on the net who could help in times like that ,
good friends can really be a blessing in times like that .

1C)
keep up with recent events on wars etc , political strife and foreign countries and their reactions .
a nuke probably will not just drop out of the sky just like that .
this process would more than likely be a gradual process that many of us here or those in the "know" would see coming .
this would you for time of preparation of leaving London .

1D).
DO NOT look for nuke bunkers and anti nuke buildings in times like those .
why ?
because the M,O,D and army will already have them sites on their own agendas , and will take control of them .
the civilians usually end up as clean up slaves in times like that whilst a soldier probably wouldn't think twice if he was told to shoot you because you question some of their authority and protocols .

tin mines / copper mines / various other sites that can sand against nuke fall out with out big bro running the show ca be a better place for surviving although having a few friends coupling up in those places with you will help.
this is because sheeple maybe thick barock animals , but they too will soon enough slot your throat for a tin of beans , the further your safe haven from cities , and being out of site , the better . tin and copper mines can also shield the affects of sudden EMP bursts made from nukes that ca totally trash radios etc .
not only that , hardly anyone thinks of these places , which will keep you out of site too .
people cought up in the out doors stand a better chance of being robbed or killed in a bad situation like this .
also the army may haveshoot to kill orders , so bein out andaway rom them might pay off too .

1E)
prepare for not smoking , ( if you are a smoker )as siggs will be rare , and other things like vit C / d etc tabs may help during bad times .

one thing found that was a good little book was

"food for free"
by --The little Gem book .
costs £4.99 and shows how nature here in Britain can offer over 1000 food types .
it shows , harvest times , picking times , cooking hints and storage .
absolutely brilliant read up .

also self defence is a good start .

other wise

and unlike so many "jump in head 1st" niave people , i am telling you NOT to tell every one this make safe plan like so many numpties would .
not because i dont like helping others , but because if every on knew this , the chaos would be far greater , and then all raods would be blocked , the MOD and army would step up their security , and no one will live if that was the case .

the army and MOD and security , base their tactics around what others usually know or are capable of , as long as these departments think that most sheeple will try obvious routes and obvious things , they will only step up their tactics on that basis , but that doesnt mean they will not think of everything , it just means that if only one or two can get away , they may hardly not place massive resorses on such a thing .

think about it for a while and get back to this thread and tell me if you want more on this subject .

also , being spiritual and relaxed will also help you, far more than many think , which is why my tactics to help you prepare thus stop the worry was mypoint . being spiritual will help you so much too!

however the truth is

failing to prepare is the same as preparing to fail .
its a far better thing to have something and not need it , rather than need it and not have it .
Old 17-09-2008, 10:50 AM   #20
the_count

Firesteels available cheap enough on Ebay

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_t...nkw=fire+steel

Also recommend one of these knives, cheap but very good for the money.

the_count is offline   Reply With Quote