Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > New Members Forum

Old 27-04-2015, 07:40 PM   #1
subresearch
Inactive

Default Subliminal manipulation research

Hello everyone,
I have been a lurker on the forum for quite a while now, and finally got the courage to join your great community.
I want to begin by telling you a bit about myself. My name is Ionela and I am a final year student at University of the Arts London. For the last couple of years I have had a great interest in the topic of subliminal manipulation, particularly in the field of advertising, reason why I decided to write my major project on the subject. As part of my dissertation, I am conducting a netnographic research on the cultural significance of the subliminal; as well as motivations and the ways members of the public use online communities to engage in the discourse of subliminal manipulation.
This might be much to ask, but please could you take some time and answer my questions, since all of your experience on this forum would help me a lot with my research.I will be very grateful. All responses will be confidential.
Thank you
Sincerely,
Ionela

1) Do you feel that your thoughts and beliefs about hidden truths might be in some way difficult to understand or socially unacceptable for people surrounding you offline? Have you ever had a hard time to express them to people offline, with the fear of finding them irrational?

2) Was this a reason for you to join an online forum (to share common goals and interests without being ridiculed or judged) ? I find myself in this position quite often when talking to someone about the existence of subliminal manipulation I end up being mocked up.

3) Or did you join an online community because of your need to communicate back, to make your voice heard about particular subjects?

4) Do you think that what primarily started as a search for information, truth and meaning transformed into a source of understanding and community sharing the same beliefs as you do?

5)Has being part of this online community helped you to combat the liminal feelings that are widespread in the face-to-face world?

6) Do you feel that by interacting with like-minded others, this online community has offered you a strong sense of community (belonging to this community), as well as detailed information and intelligence about a central, unifying interest?

Last edited by subresearch; 28-04-2015 at 03:29 PM.
subresearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2015, 07:53 PM   #2
swamideva

Subliminal manipulation only works on those who are unaware of its existence and how and why it is used.

Its the use of occult and psychological knowledge used against and hidden from us in plain sight.

Advertising being the most obvious example.

It can also be called mind control and brainwashing.
swamideva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2015, 08:09 PM   #3
subresearch
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamideva View Post
Subliminal manipulation only works on those who are unaware of its existence and how and why it is used.

Its the use of occult and psychological knowledge used against and hidden from us in plain sight.

Advertising being the most obvious example.

It can also be called mind control and brainwashing.
But can we control the effects subliminal manipulation has on us even when we acknowledge its usage?
And I am not talking only about psychological effects and modification of consumer behaviour, but also about its socio-cultural significance and effects.
Old 27-04-2015, 08:14 PM   #4
silent revolution

Location: The vale of Tamesis. Love is life and life is love.

The best thing to do is not watch tv or listen to the radio and select carefully whatever input you get from online. That way you will be much less exposed to it. Cut it off from it's source.

Peace, love, harmony and wisdom friends
Old 27-04-2015, 08:24 PM   #5
swamideva

Quote:
Originally Posted by subresearch View Post
But can we control the effects subliminal manipulation has on us even when we acknowledge its usage?
And I am not talking only about psychological effects and modification of consumer behaviour, but also about its socio-cultural significance and effects.
The masses are controlled and have been so for as long as can be remembered. It was religion before technology.

This time in history though is unique are more are becoming aware through the internet and access to information.

Then there is the spiritual aspect with people waking up to their unlimited potential, this is being resonated through the morphic field.
Old 27-04-2015, 10:00 PM   #6
subresearch
Inactive

Quote:
The masses are controlled and have been so for as long as can be remembered. It was religion before technology.

This time in history though is unique are more are becoming aware through the internet and access to information.

Then there is the spiritual aspect with people waking up to their unlimited potential, this is being resonated through the morphic field.
I agree that the Internet is a great place for getting access to information that brought with it the great opportunity of debating the issue of subliminal influence, however, the widely spread interest in subliminal manipulation discourse started in the late 1950s, way before the appearance of the World Wide Web.
Therefore, the Internet was not the cause for people becoming aware of it in the first place, and showing so much interest in it.
While conducting my research I came across a major study in the field concerning the socio-cultural significance of the subliminal discourse, that of Charles Acland ''Swift Viewing''. One of his main points is that the subliminal discourse is an effect of the fears and anxiety brought by modernization.
And that the term “subliminal” is seen as a label for the mysterious workings of mass culture and that the persistent anxieties about the threat of subliminal manipulation are manifestations of a more diffuse unease concerning the power, ubiquity, and complexity of new media.

What do you think of that?
Old 27-04-2015, 10:04 PM   #7
subresearch
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent revolution View Post
The best thing to do is not watch tv or listen to the radio and select carefully whatever input you get from online. That way you will be much less exposed to it. Cut it off from it's source.

Peace, love, harmony and wisdom friends
In this age, when we are constantly overloaded with information from different sources, which sometimes we are not even aware of, it is rather hard to select what we take in from the media.
Old 27-04-2015, 10:25 PM   #8
swamideva

Quote:
I agree that the Internet is a great place for getting access to information that brought with it the great opportunity of debating the issue of subliminal influence, however, the widely spread interest in subliminal manipulation discourse started in the late 1950s, way before the appearance of the World Wide Web.
Therefore, the Internet was not the cause for people becoming aware of it in the first place, and showing so much interest in it.
While conducting my research I came across a major study in the field concerning the socio-cultural significance of the subliminal discourse, that of Charles Acland ''Swift Viewing''. One of his main points is that the subliminal discourse is an effect of the fears and anxiety brought by modernization.
And that the term “subliminal” is seen as a label for the mysterious workings of mass culture and that the persistent anxieties about the threat of subliminal manipulation are manifestations of a more diffuse unease concerning the power, ubiquity, and complexity of new media.

What do you think of that?
I will take you word for it. Before my time.
Old 28-04-2015, 02:22 PM   #9
subresearch
Inactive

Quote:
I will take you word for it. Before my time.
Thank you very much for your answers, they are of great use to me, to see others' opinions and thoughts.
This might be much to ask, but I have noticed you are a senior member on this forum, and your experience here would help me a lot with my research.
Please if you could take some time and answer my questions I would be grateful If you don't that's OK. Thank you anyway

1) Do you feel that your thoughts and beliefs about hidden truths might be in some way difficult to understand or socially unacceptable for people surrounding you offline? Have you ever had a hard time to express them to people offline, with the fear of finding them irrational?

2) Was this a reason for you to join an online forum (to share common goals and interests without being ridiculed or judged) ? I find myself in this position quite often when talking to someone about the existence of subliminal manipulation I end up being mocked up.

3) Or did you join an online community because of your need to communicate back, to make your voice heard about particular subjects?

4) Do you think that what primarily started as a search for information, truth and meaning transformed into a source of understanding and community sharing the same beliefs as you do?

5)Has being part of this online community helped you to combat the liminal feelings that are widespread in the face-to-face world?

6) Do you feel that by interacting with like-minded others, this online community has offered you a strong sense of community (belonging to this community), as well as detailed information and intelligence about a central, unifying interest?
Old 28-04-2015, 05:05 PM   #10
swamideva

Quote:
Thank you very much for your answers, they are of great use to me, to see others' opinions and thoughts.
This might be much to ask, but I have noticed you are a senior member on this forum, and your experience here would help me a lot with my research.
Please if you could take some time and answer my questions I would be grateful If you don't that's OK. Thank you anyway

Good questions, ok.

1) Yes its difficult to express them to many people offline, they just seem not to care. Its also difficult on this forum, so i let them disagree. There are many here not to share information but to argue about who is right and what is true. I am often mocked for refusing to join in debates and what i post. They would rather argue with me to defend their own beliefs and ideas, than investigate alternative ideas themselves. Its much like a competition.

2) Yes i joined and expected like minds sharing a common purpose, i was very wrong. I have found that there are those who search this forum looking for what the can disagree with and mock, rather than contribute.

3) I came to learn and share with like minds, and find out about alternatives. I discovered more about the people in this community and myself than i ever imagined.

4) Only with a few individuals.

5) I had already done that, i wanted to go deeper. This community in isolated occurrences has changed my life and worldview. I have found links to other communities here, with people of a more like mind and similar interests. I have tried to bring back here what i have learned, mainly to no avail.

5) I do not sense community here only with a few isolated individuals. There is more discord than agreement here, with little resolution.

Having said that it is usually the discord that drives a deeper understanding of information. Those who come to mock, disagree and attack, cause others to look deeper, to find answers to the debunkers attacks. Those in opposition never or rarely change their minds, though they do prompt those interested in alternatives to search and gain more understanding. Each plays their part.
Old 28-04-2015, 05:35 PM   #11
subresearch
Inactive

Quote:
Good questions, ok.

3) I came to learn and share with like minds, and find out about alternatives. I discovered more about the people in this community and myself than i ever imagined.

5)This community in isolated occurrences has changed my life and worldview. I have found links to other communities here, with people of a more like mind and similar interests. I have tried to bring back here what i have learned, mainly to no avail.
Could you please go a bit into more detail about how and what you discovered about yourself and other people from this community? And how and in what ways it changed your life and worldview?

Thanks a lot!
Old 28-04-2015, 06:14 PM   #12
swamideva

Quote:
Could you please go a bit into more detail about how and what you discovered about yourself and other people from this community? And how and in what ways it changed your life and worldview?

Thanks a lot!
No, sorry. That is a much personal disclosure as i will give on an anonymous forum.

Suffice it to say i am not the same person that i was when i came to this forum, and that this community played a part in that change, it was a catalyst of sorts in certain areas, and i did the work on myself that was already an ongoing project for me.

I changed my life and my worldview with an open mind and open heart.

Maybe this forum can be considered a microcosm within the macrocosm of the alternative movement. There are views expressed here than many would consider extreme.

As a student of human nature, i was confronted here with many attitudes, opinions and personalities that were previously outside of my experience.

I suggest that you post more, you will learn more from your own experience that from mine.
Old 30-04-2015, 01:59 PM   #13
empath_

Quote:
Hello everyone,
I have been a lurker on the forum for quite a while now, and finally got the courage to join your great community.
I want to begin by telling you a bit about myself. My name is Ionela and I am a final year student at University of the Arts London. For the last couple of years I have had a great interest in the topic of subliminal manipulation, particularly in the field of advertising, reason why I decided to write my major project on the subject. As part of my dissertation, I am conducting a netnographic research on the cultural significance of the subliminal; as well as motivations and the ways members of the public use online communities to engage in the discourse of subliminal manipulation.
This might be much to ask, but please could you take some time and answer my questions, since all of your experience on this forum would help me a lot with my research.I will be very grateful. All responses will be confidential.
Thank you
Sincerely,
Ionela

Yes, my thoughts and beliefs are difficult to be addressed offline, but only i I choose to be in company that wouldn't find it acceptable. I read about a human's defense system, which is very active when faced with the truth. When speaking with someone who may not be as aware on certain subjects, they either shut down or argue back.

I joined this forum because talking with like-minded people is much less stressful than having the same, boxed in conversations with people about the mainstream news. I do not like being limited in what I can talk about! Althought I am constantly aware that forums (especially this one) aren't full of 'truthers' rather 'MI5ers' lol

I guess it's a part of that also, not everyone wants to hear the truth. It can be frustrating when you feel you know something and the world doesn't want to listen, so I guess coming on this forum allows that flow of conversation.

Hmm.. yes and no. On here, we all want fairness and equality. But our ideas of what fairness & equality are completely different.

Yes, because if you read forums/comments from websites like Daily Star, The Sun etc.. it really makes you despair for humanity. When I log in here, I feel at ease that it's not just me who sees/hears/knows things..

Again, depending on the thread. In the self-sustainable thread I find a lot of lovely people. On certain threads, they are commented on by the same group of people who talk down to others and don't allow for more than one opinion. Which is highly surprising and disappointing to find on a DI forum.

:luv:

Last edited by empath_; 30-04-2015 at 02:01 PM.
empath_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 02:01 PM   #14
empath_

I have no idea why it's lay out like that above...
empath_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 04:14 PM   #15
subresearch
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by empath_ View Post
I have no idea why it's lay out like that above...
The layout does not matter at all. All that matters is your answers. Thank you for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate your help
Old 30-04-2015, 04:17 PM   #16
grandmasterp
Banned

You might get more responses if you put those questions up as a Poll.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 08:01 PM   #17
twilight_sparkle
Banned

You need to watch the amazing Adam Curtis documentary, the Century of the Self, if you want to know how we are being subliminally manipulated. You can watch it for free here.
https://vimeo.com/48842811
Should answer a lot of your questions.
twilight_sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 09:42 AM   #18
subresearch
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight_sparkle View Post
You need to watch the amazing Adam Curtis documentary, the Century of the Self, if you want to know how we are being subliminally manipulated. You can watch it for free here.
https://vimeo.com/48842811
Should answer a lot of your questions.
Thank you, I definitely will