Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Entertainment Industry

Old 10-03-2009, 11:02 PM   #61
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fekdemasons View Post
Does anyone remember steve vai in the movie " Crossroads" ? He duelled guitar with Ralph Machio (Karate Kid) at the end. They duelled for the Kids Soul. Vai played the Devils pawn. It was a film about Blues and robert Johnsons apparent sidekick Willie brown. Then the crowning turd in the waterpipe was Ralph Machio responding to Vai's extreme licks with a classical peice from his classical background.

LOL !!!

Yes, I remember that film lol (duel starts at 2:48) Were there special effects in this or is jackal-ish Vai showing his animal side when he comes in closer?

Quote:
The classical-influenced piece played by Eugene during the climactic scene is based on the Fifth Caprice by Niccolò Paganini, a musician who also was rumored to have sold his soul.
Ironic, huh?

Last edited by armoured_amazon; 10-03-2009 at 11:20 PM.
armoured_amazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:19 PM   #62
eternal_spirit
Inactive

Smoke and playing guitar keeps the demons at bay
hey the classical stuff was cool man (you'll appreciate that when you're older and got bored of listening to rock)Vai couldn't play it haha

I can play both styles (brags brag lol: ()
Little secret if you didn't know, Vai has used I think it was a 26 fret guitar, can hit the hight notes, the true master is Satriani, he tutoured Vai. Joe is an Angel deffo no demon.

I think they look a like in some pics, and play a like at times maybe they stand in for each other lol who'd know with sunglasses on.
eternal_spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:27 PM   #63
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal_spirit View Post
I think they look a like in some pics, and play a like at times maybe they stand in for each other lol who'd know with sunglasses on.
Not now Satch is bald as a coot.

Both great players but violin beats 'em.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #64
eternal_spirit
Inactive

Some weird lyrics on that and what sounds like a woman in labour and a baby being born!

It's in the eyes!
Old 10-03-2009, 11:29 PM   #65
eternal_spirit
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoured_amazon View Post
Not now Satch is bald as a coot.

Both great players but violin beats 'em.
he looks like an alien!

Violin you joking right? (I like violins but guitar is still the best of all musical instruments)

Last edited by eternal_spirit; 10-03-2009 at 11:30 PM. Reason: hyper typer king of typos
Old 10-03-2009, 11:29 PM   #66
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Some weird lyrics on that and what sounds like a woman in labour and a baby being born!

It's in the eyes!
I don't have that album.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:32 PM   #67
armoured_amazon

Interesting chair.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:33 PM   #68
schaff
Banned

Robert johnson the man who has influenced the likes of jimi hendrix,eric clapton.jimmy page and pete townsend.He was the man who went to the crossroadsand sold his soul to the devil to play the blues heres his memorial.

http://www.bluejeansplace.com/images/Img50.gif

http://modernmask.org/issue_iv/images/johnson1.jpg

According to a legend known to modern Blues fans, Robert Johnson was a young black man living on a plantation in rural Mississippi. Branded with a burning desire to become a great blues musician, he was instructed to take his guitar to a crossroad near Dockery Plantation at midnight. There he was met by a large black man (the Devil) who took the guitar from Johnson and tuned it. After tuning the guitar, the devil played a few songs and then returned it to Johnson, giving him mastery of the guitar. This in effect sold Johnson's soul; and in exchange Robert Johnson became able to play, sing, and create the greatest blues anyone had ever heard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Johnson_(musician)

Hes also a member of the 27 club
schaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:36 PM   #69
eternal_spirit
Inactive

Quote:
I don't have that album.
I think you'll like some of it, don't know who the singer is an American but he's loud and hits some notes.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:40 PM   #70
armoured_amazon

Quote:
he looks like an alien!

Violin you joking right? (I like violins but guitar is still the best of all musical instruments)
Ah, you haven't heard me play Vai on my electric violin with FX pedals. 27yrs of playing, I think I could more than keep up! Just left a comment in Vai's album saying I wanna do it on a pic of him and Billy, hehe. I have a soft spot for Sheehan, we have similar cats, apparently

eta: And the violin beats the guitar in terms of musical structure, physical build and perfection. There are far more good guitarists than there are good violinists and there's a reason for that. It takes real skill to get beautiful sounds out of a violin. We have no cheating frets.

Last edited by armoured_amazon; 10-03-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:43 PM   #71
seaweed

Quote:
Interesting chair.

Those look like stylized angel wings on the arms, so... the Mercy Seat?
seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:50 PM   #72
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
Ahaaa!

eta: Wish I could read hieroglyphics lol. They are Isis' wings on the side for sure.

Last edited by armoured_amazon; 10-03-2009 at 11:52 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:53 PM   #73
eternal_spirit
Inactive

Quote:
Ah, you haven't heard me play Vai on my electric violin with FX pedals. 27yrs of playing, I think I could more than keep up! Just left a comment in Vai's album saying I wanna do it on a pic of him and Billy, hehe. I have a soft spot for Sheehan, we have similar cats, apparently

eta: And the violin beats the guitar in terms of musical structure, physical build and perfection. There are far more good guitarists than there are good violinists and there's a reason for that. It takes real skill to get beautiful sounds out of a violin. We have no cheating frets.
Meow there

Hey diddle diddle the cat and the fiddle

That's cool never knew you played one. Can you treat us to a performance?

Never even had a go on one, maybe I'd be a natural lol. Still think guitar has more possibilities definitely as a solo instrument with no others instruments to accompany it....although (stating the obvious) depends who's playing it.

Last edited by eternal_spirit; 10-03-2009 at 11:56 PM. Reason: typos grrrrrr
Old 10-03-2009, 11:54 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
p. sure it's horus. same thing, i guess

Last edited by 1977; 10-03-2009 at 11:55 PM.
1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:54 PM   #75
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Meow there

Hey diddle diddle the cat and the fiddle

That's cool never knew you played one. Can you treat us to a performance?

Never even had a go on one, maybe I'd be a natural lol. Still think guitar has more possibilties definatley as a solo instrument although (stating the obvious) depends who's playing it.
Let's jam!

Heh, lookie mah bottom comment
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=1283073
I always crack up when everyone says Ebony looks like their cat. Black cats kinda all look the same.

Last edited by armoured_amazon; 11-03-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:26 AM   #76
eternal_spirit
Inactive

Quote:
Let's jam!

Heh, lookie mah bottom comment
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=1283073
I always crack up when everyone says Ebony looks like their cat. Black cats kinda all look the same.
A duel?

Bags Steve Vai! I got the Ibanez
I looked
sweet cat
My old Tom now gone R.I.P

Green is a cat's eye that glows in this temple

Powerslave

[Dickinson]

Into the Abyss I'll fall - the eye of Horus
Into the eyes of the night - watching me go
Green is the cat's eye that glows -
In this Temple
Enter the risen Osiris - risen again.

[Chorus:]
Tell me why I had to be a Powerslave
I don't wanna die, I'm a God,
Why can't I live on?
When the Life Giver dies,
All around is laid waste,
And in my last hour,
I'm a Slave to the Power of Death.

When I was living this lie - Fear was my Game
People would worship and fall -
Drop to their knees.
So bring me the blood and
Red wine for the one to succeed me,
For he is a man and a God -
And He will die too.

Now I am cold but a ghost lives in my veins,
Silent the terror that reigned -
Marbled in stone
A Shell of a man God preserved -
For thousand ages,
But open the gates of my hell -
I'll strike from the grave

Tell me why I had to be a Powerslave
I don't wanna die, I'm a God,
Why can't I live on?
When the Life Giver dies,
All around is laid waste,
And in my last hour,
I'm a Slave to the Power of Death.
Slave to the Power of Death...
Slave to the Power of Death...

Old 11-03-2009, 12:32 AM   #77
armoured_amazon

Quote:
A duel?

Bags Steve Vai! I got the Ibanez
I looked
sweet cat
My old Tom now gone R.I.P
I gots the Ibanez too!

*rugby tackles you*

*does one of those wrestler things where my elbow goes in your face while you're still on the floor*

*grabs Ibanez and starts twiddling*

Aw, purdy kitty. Rest in piece, fur kid. Cats rock.

Quote:
Do you ever wonder if Eddie is more than just a character created by the artist who does their album work?

pmsl at this:

Quote:
Here's Captain Bruce:

"The striking Iron Maiden imagery had a violent reaction from the locals as they regarded the artwork, particularly that of Eddie, as very bad ju ju."

"Not only would local passengers refuse to board the plane because of the artwork, but other passengers were refusing to board planes of other airlines parked nearby in case they were tainted by the evil spirits!"

ed_force_one.gifThe result is that Ed Force One had to have its Iron Maiden branding removed, as it is officially owned by Astraeus Airlines and they understandably don't want to be accused of running some kind of witchcraft-powered transportation company.

There's a part of me that wonders if this isn't just a rather far-fetched PR exercise - why not name the country involved, after all? It certainly won't do the ageing rock legends' cred any harm, that's for sure. Led Zep may have had their own plane back in the day, but the only spirits it was accused of harbouring were the ones John Bonham was chucking down his neck.

[via Fark on Blender]

Last edited by armoured_amazon; 11-03-2009 at 12:37 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:41 AM   #78
eternal_spirit
Inactive

Quote:
Do you ever wonder if Eddie is more than just a character created by the artist who does their album work?
Hell yeah

Looks a bit like a grey or some kind of alien in some pics.

Derek Riggs produced many pieces of work for Iron Maiden and these can be recognised by his logo,

which is in most of his art.

Some kind of Sigil or something

The locations of this logo in different artworks are listed below. Iron Maiden stopped working with Riggs after his Wicker Man artwork submission was rejected, he stated that afterwards that Iron Maiden were "too hard to work with". Derek continued work and has most recently produced artwork for Stratovarius, Gamma Ray and Jackass performer Steve-O
Old 11-03-2009, 12:46 AM   #79
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Hell yeah

Looks a bit like a grey or some kind of alien in some pics.

Derek Riggs produced many pieces of work for Iron Maiden and these can be recognised by his logo,

which is in most of his art.

Some kind of Sigil or something

The locations of this logo in different artworks are listed below. Iron Maiden stopped working with Riggs after his Wicker Man artwork submission was rejected, he stated that afterwards that Iron Maiden were "too hard to work with". Derek continued work and has most recently produced artwork for Stratovarius, Gamma Ray and Jackass performer Steve-O
Yeah, I never thought of the Grey aspect, I was thinking it might have been an authentic demon they conjured up earlier in their career that they channel the music through.

re: the artist, I didn't know he 'signed' his work with that seal - I'm understanding it's hidden in all of his pieces? Interesting....Eddie's sigil, maybe?

Quote:
In medieval ceremonial magic, the term sigil was commonly used to refer to occult signs which represented various angels and demons which the magician might summon. The magical training books called the Grimoires often listed pages of such sigils. A particularly well-known list is in the Lesser Key of Solomon, in which the sigils of the 72 princes of the hierarchy of hell are given for the magician's use. Such sigils were considered to be the equivalent of the true name of the spirit, and thus granted the magician a measure of control over the beings.

Last edited by armoured_amazon; 11-03-2009 at 12:48 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:58 AM   #80
eternal_spirit
Inactive

Quote:
quote: armoured_amazon the artist, I didn't know he 'signed' his work with that seal - I'm understanding it's hidden in all of his pieces? Interesting....Eddie's sigil, maybe?

I was thinking it might have been an authentic demon they conjured up earlier in their career that they channel the music through.
It could be, or even a demon to protect them. The whole thing maybe a gimmick, image, and Maiden are following orders from above, many of their songs have an occult aspect.

The official story is it's Derrek Riggs signature which is on all his pics, but it's not hidden. Looks a bit like a crop circle.