Old 03-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #401
troyhand
Banned

@ww PieNews! Figures.

http://www.channel4.com/news/kenya-s...channel-4-news
4News - 15 July 2013
Charity chief in court on Kenya child sex charges

Quote:
The director of a gap-year charity appears in a UK court charged with sexual offences against children in Kenya, after police acted on information handed to them by Channel 4 News.

Simon Harris, 54, of Leominster, Herefordshire, was arrested on Sunday at his home by officers acting on the Channel 4 News information.

He appeared at Birmingham magistrates' court on Monday charged with three offences against two children between 2003 and 2013.

The charges are:

attempted rape between May 2004 and December 2004 and non-penetrative sex in May 2013 on a boy aged between 13 and 15

attempted rape on boy under age of 16 between 2003 and 2004

Mr Harris was denied bail, and will next appear at Birmingham crown court on 21 October.

Charity director

The allegations against Mr Harris centre on time he spent in Gilgil, Kenya. There he is the director of a charity called VAE which places gap year students and post-graduates from the UK in schools in poor, rural areas.

He also runs an organisation called the Gilgil Trust which aims to help young street children in Kenya.

Mr Harris divides his time between his home in Gilgil, known as the "Green House", and his Herefordshire home.

Gilgil visits

Channel 4 News began investigations earlier this year after being alerted to allegations against Mr Harris in Kenya. Channel 4 News teams conducted two separate trips to Kenya, and attempted to interview him at his home in Gilgil and at his home in Herefordshire.

Quote:
The operation came about as a direct result of information given to CEOP by a team from Channel 4 News. West Mercia police
Information obtained from these trips was passed to Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP).

CEOP and West Mercia police then mounted an overseas operation, which involved a team of British police officers travelling to Kenya to gather evidence and working in conjunction with the Kenyan authorities and police.

CEOP Deputy Chief Executive Andy Baker told Channel 4 News: "We're grateful that Channel 4 brought this to our attention."

The operation took place under section 72 of the Sexual Offenders Act 2003:

Quote:
Section 72, Sexual Offenders Act 2003, extract

If,

1) a person does an act in a country outside the United Kingdom at a time when the person was not a United Kingdom national or a United Kingdom resident,

2) the act constituted an offence under the law in force in that country,

3) the act, if done in England and Wales, would have constituted a sexual offence to which this section applies,

4) and the person meets the residence or nationality condition at the relevant time,
proceedings may be brought against the person in England and Wales for that sexual offence as if the person had done the act there.

On Sunday, officers then made the arrest of Mr Harris. Police have employed rarely used legislation, which allows a UK national to be prosecuted on UK soil for offences committed abroad, to charge Mr Harris.

In the 10 years since the Sexual Offences Act came into being, there have been two successful prosecutions against other individuals. This investigation is the first time the relevant section has been applied to a case in Africa.

In a statement West Mercia police said: "The operation came about as a direct result of information given to CEOP by a team from Channel 4 News. The team alerted authorities in the UK to a number of allegations which came to light during a visit to Kenya earlier this year."

Speaking to Channel 4 News in general terms, Andy Baker said: "We're using powers that give us extra-territorial powers beyond the UK.

"So if a UK citizen goes abroad and offends in this way against children - sexual offences - then we have the power to deal with them in this country.

"However, we do feel that it's better if that justice is dealt with in that country ... but we will not shirk from bringing people back to the UK and dealing with them in this way."

http://www.trustsforafricanschools.o...d=12&images=no
Trusts for African Schools

Quote:
Minutes from Trustees Meeting
07/02/2006

Present:
Evans Ondaiki, Solomon Muraya, Val Corr, Janet Strevens, David Morgan, Gill Marshall-Andrews

6. G Marshall Andrews report.
a. GMA reported that The Trust in London had been set up and was in the process of
registering for charitable status.
b. She had been approached by Heritage Hotels to produce a blurb for the ecotourism
section of their brochure. They had decided to adopt the secondary school as their
ecotourism project.
c. GMA showed us the first edition of the brochure . 400 had been printed 200 brought to
Kenya 200 in UK amendments to Gill for the second edition. The trustees each took
10 and 10 copies were given for the board of Governors. Janet thanked Gill for
producing such a splendid publication. It was noted that it was not a "glossy"
d. HSK Gill, said that a search on Eburru had been done in London and an organization
called "Harambee Schools in Kenya" had come up. Gill said that she had contacted
Simon Harris who lived in Gilgil and had arranged to meet him on Thursday. Evans
said that Mr. Harris had come to see him in 2003 and had suggested that the secondary
school was placed in the wrong area. He had not heard from him again.

e. EVALUATION Gill said that we ought to look at a method of evaluation.

http://www.hsk.org.uk/docs/vaenewsletteraug07.pdf
VAE Volunteer Teachers Kenya - HSK
The newsletter for ex-VAEs - August 2007

Quote:
As the permanent fundraising element of HSK, Clifford Dann must be the world authority on completing trust applications. His work, in collaboration with the Duke of Richmond, includes
writing countless letters, organizing functions and events, and short-arming dignitaries to part with their cash. The result is a stream of donations entering HSK’s coffers and allowing school construction to proceed through the ebb and flow of other fundraising projects.
MEET THE TRUSTEES

Clifford Dann is a retired chartered surveyor, and is a past president of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and of the Commonwealth Association of Surveying and Land Economy. His interest in Kenya was started by a visit to Kibera slum in 1996. He has been involved in fundraising for many years, and was appointed MBE in 2005 for services to charity. He brings expertise to HSK on building proposals, bursaries and raising funds, particularly from the corporate world and charitable trusts.

Simon Harris first visited Gilgil Country Club in 1984 and has been to or in Kenya ever since. He did not want to take Peter King on safari so found him a job in Komothai, where he transformed the school. The Green House is now home to a huge family of waifs and strays as well as a sizeable permanent staff. He spends his time going round schools imparting valuable advice that is rarely heeded, but the influence of VAEs is improving the standards and thought patterns in the schools we work with.

Peter King (PK) remembers the pre-Kenya days of VAE where men with big beards lost all the children but really enjoyed their time in the pub. He was ‘saved’ by Harris in 1995 and spent a blissful time at Komothai achieving little save the building of random walls. After graduating (just) he joined the Royal Engineers, hoping to build more walls, but spent 7 years in revolting places. He now runs a cycle courier fleet. In Kenya he is called rain god, as his appearance always precedes a downpour.

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/in...going-walking/
Asperger and ASD UK Online Forum - 18 March 2007

Quote:
David Matthew Baker
EDIT: It is a small world. I don't suppose he knows someone called Ihogo N'Dungu then who works at Lereshwa Secondary or possibly if his relations are the other side an N'droge (not sure on the spelling) who works for a M'zungu called Simon Harris. (Simon Harris is the person who was incharge of the scheme I was voluntary teaching through. Quite a few people around Langa Langa knew me (I was refered to as N'dungu's M'zungu by a lot of the children). It was 2004 when I was last out there. The teacher live in an old M'zungu built building off towards the left (and top end) of Langa Langa when coming in from Gilgil. He has now moved down to a new building near the road. The scheme I was out with is called VAE Kenya. Though the bit for building schools is know as HSK (Harambee Schools Kenya). There was also another organisation head by Col. Harry Vialou-Clark called the Langa Langa scholarship fund that helped less able students through schools. He also did charitable work to build schools. Ihogo's family live further along the road from the school so are local too. Met his mum, dad, brothers and one of his sisters when I was out there. I stayed with his sister in Huruma in Nairobi on a few occasions too. (I think that is the right suberb anyway. I know the local taxi drivers didn't like going there. Was near the edge of one of the slums.) Kenya is a great place though and well worth a visit.
http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Stud...ail/story.html
Derby Telegraph - June 29, 2013
Students raises £20k for hall at Kenyan school

Colonel Harry Vialou Clark, a retired Army officer, and his wife, Alison, received a cheque for £19,588 from the school during an assembly.

Last edited by troyhand; 03-11-2013 at 08:47 AM.
troyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #402
troyhand
Banned

http://www.24tanzania.com/director-o...d-with-sodomy/
24Tanzania - August 3, 2013
Director of Public Prosecution Keriako Tobiko wants Fr Kizito charged with sodomy

Director of Public Prosecutions Keriako Tobiko wants a Catholic priest accused of sexual molestation two years ago, charged.

Mr Tobiko says there is enough evidence to sustain a charge against Father Renato Sessana, famously known as Father Kizito, in a case brought against him by one of his former employees.

Father Kizito was arrested in May 2011 after Collins Ochieng’, who used to work for him, alleged the priest had drugged him before molesting him.

Investigations by the police exonerated the priest and instead recommended that Ochieng be charged with giving false information to a police officer.

However, after reviewing the police file, Tobiko said a charge of sodomy could be brought against the Comboni Fathers priest.

Private prosecution

Tobiko said he could not proceed with the case since Ochieng’ had instituted a private prosecution against the priest two weeks ago.

“We have written to his lawyers to allow us to take over the case, but they have not come back to us. We can do little since the two parallel prosecutions cannot go on at the same time,” said Tobiko.

Ochieng said he opted for a private prosecution after losing confidence in the willingness of the police and the public prosecutor to handle the case impartially.

“This is a case with a lot of interests and judging from the way the police handled the previous cases, I was afraid that mine would end up the same way,” he said. That was the second time similar allegations were being leveled against the priest after he was first accused by a group of boys of molestation in 2009. The boys later recanted their statements and alleged that they had been coached by former disgruntled staff members to fix the Italian priest.

Multi-million trust

Father Kizito has defended himself against the accusations saying they were instigated by former employees who want to take over his Koinonia Community Trust, an organisation that helps bright kids from poor families with scholarships.

Its properties, including a radio station, several children homes, a school and a guesthouse are valued at more than Sh500 million.

Meanwhile, a Briton who ran a charity mission in Gilgil was charged in the UK with molesting two boys under his care. Simon Harris, 54, was charged with three offences against two children between 2003 and 2013.

Harris was a director of VAE, a charity which places gap year students and post-graduates from the UK in poor, rural schools. He also ran an organisation called the Gilgil Trust, that helps young street children in Kenya.

Last edited by troyhand; 03-11-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:01 AM   #403
troyhand
Banned

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Wimbledon.html
Daily Mail - 12 July 2013
'She's a recently salted slug and a manatee's spleen': BA manager faces sack for vile Facebook rant about Judy Murray as she watched Andy win at Wimbledon

Quote:
A British Airways manager is facing disciplinary action after he made a series of vile comments about Andy Murray's mother's looks.

Area manager Simon Taylor, from Staines, Surrey, made the cruel comments on his Facebook page as Judy Murray was watching her son win the men's final at Wimbledon.

Among the comments he compared her to a 'recently salted slug' and 'a manatee's spleen'.

The 46-year-old, who is in charge of 1,500 cabin crew, allegedly made a number of comments on his Facebook page according to The Sun.

His comments came after a cabin crew dispute in which Mr Taylor had to discipline staff for comments they made on Facebook.

The airline has stressed Mr Taylor has since apologised for his comments and said they are taking the matter 'seriously'.

A BA spokesman said: 'We are sorry for one of our staff's behaviour. He has publicly apologised on his Facebook site for his inappropriate postings while he was off duty and has taken them down.

'We are taking this matter seriously.'

The incident comes after BBC presenter John Inverdale was labelled a 'sexist moron' by viewers after he made disparaging comments about Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli.

The corporation received 674 complaints and was forced to issue an apology after the presenter said the French star was 'never going to be a looker'.

He tried to draw a line under the matter the following day by explaining his comments on air and sending an apologetic letter to Bartoli.

But despite the player saying the incident 'doesn't matter', Inverdale was hit by a backlash from listeners who said his apology was 'inadequate'.

Apology: BA area manager Simon Taylor, pictured posing with a Jim'll Fix It mug (left) and in a carnival-style headdress (right), both of which were posted on his Facebook profile

This was the guy in charge of BA airline crewmembers like Simon Wood.

Go figure.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:08 AM   #404
troyhand
Banned

http://news.bbc.co.uk/democracylive/...iles/25810.stm
BBC Democarcy Live

David Blunkett MP
Sheffield, Brightside and Hillsborough, Labour

Contact
Tel 020 7219 4043
Fax 020 7219 5903
Email: [email protected]

Constituency address
Second Floor, MidCity House, Sheffield S1 4QR United Kingdom Parliamentary address
House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA United Kingdom

Biography

Born:
6/6/1947

Positions
Opposition Spokesperson for Local Government 1988-92; Shadow Secretary of State for: Health 1992-94, Education 1994-95, Education and Employment 1995-97; Secretary of State for Education and Employment 1997-2001; Home Secretary 2001-04; Secretary of State for Work and Pensions 2005.

Electoral history
Contested Sheffield Hallam February 1974 general election. Member for Sheffield Brightside 1987-2010, for Sheffield Brightside and Hillsborough since 6 May 2010 general election.

Political interests
Local government, employment and welfare to work, citizenship and civil renewal.

Party groups
Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee 1983-98; Labour Party: Vice-chair 1992-93, Chair 1993-94.

Countries of interest
France, USA.

Quote:
Registered interests

Registrable shareholdings: HADAW Productions and Investments Ltd.

Land and Property: Second home in London, from which I temporarily receive rental income.

Overseas visits: 15-23 November 2008, to Kenya and Tanzania with Sightsavers International. International and domestic travel for myself and one other was provided by Barclays Bank, with charity cost adjustment by British Airways. I was also accompanied by my researcher whose international and domestic travel was provided by Sightsavers International. I received a fee, donated to Sightsavers International, from the Sunday Times for an article relating to this visit. (Up to £5,000)

Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK): I received an upgrade from Premium Economy to First Class from BA on a flight from Johannesburg to Heathrow on 1 October 2008. (Registered 8 October 2008)

Remunerated directorships: HADAW Productions and Investments Ltd, to which is payable income from: Chair of Commission on School Transport - First Group Ltd (phased payments £20,001-£25,000) (published in September 2008), including facilitation of visit to the United States for myself and a member of my staff. Adviser on business development to A4e Ltd; global public service reform. (£25,001-£30,000) I occasionally travel overseas on behalf of the company. Adviser on business development and trade relations to UC Group Ltd, Bromley, Kent (July-December 2008); global e-solutions company (£45.001-£50,000) (transferred to non-executive directorship as per the entry below). I have not yet drawn down any income from the above directorship. Tribune Business Systems Ltd, London. (non-executive) (from January 2009). UC Group Ltd, Bromley, Kent (non-executive) (from March 2009).

Last edited by troyhand; 06-11-2013 at 05:08 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:26 AM   #405
troyhand
Banned

http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2010...renting-roles/
Capital News - July 12, 2010
Kenyan teens take up parenting roles

NAIROBI, Kenya, July 12 – Walking through the muddy alleys of the Kibera slum, one easily notices the seemingly hard working nature of the dwellers. Countless businesses are in operation mainly dealing with food stuffs both raw and cooked. The slum is full of life as everyone goes about their work.

But behind this, are depressing stories of young boys and girls, some in their teens others even younger, heading their homes.

They are the mothers and fathers taking care of their siblings like a parent would.

Winfred Kalewa is one such child. At only 15 years, circumstances have forced her into being a parent to her four siblings. She has played this role since she was 12 years when her mother was killed in cold blood at the height of post election violence.

“My dad died in 2006 then my mum died in 2007 during the violence. She had gone outside to buy food at a place

“She had left in the evening at about 5pm and never returned. I was wondering where she went to. I could not leave the house because it was bad outside, there was violence everywhere. After two days that’s when my neighbors told me that she was killed. It was hard on us because she is the one we were depending on,” she goes on to say.

The form one student at a nearby day secondary school now takes care of her brothers Maurice 12, Lawrence 10 and sisters Susan who is eight and three-and-a-half year old Abigael who calls her mum. They all live in a one roomed mud shanty in Lindi where they pay Sh800 monthly rent.

She says her day begins at 5am when she wakes up, makes breakfast and then prepares her siblings for school.

Although she has relatives, Winnie says none of them wanted to foster them after the death of their mother. Instead, the five children are assisted by the Kibera Community Self Help Programme also known as Kicoshep.

“We buried her at the Lang’ata cemetery with the assistance of neighbours. Some of our relatives came for the burial but none of them mentioned anything about us afterwards,” she says.

What strikes me about Winnie is her zeal to raise her brothers and sisters the right way, and her resilience despite the hardships she faces and the fact that she doesn’t complain.

So what does she do when her siblings misbehave? I pose.

“I beat them. Especially if one stays out late. They are supposed to be inside the house by 6.50pm because the security here is not so good. I also don’t allow them to play with children here, they play by themselves and when in school,” she says authoritatively.

But it has not been easy for this teenage girl who wants to become a surgeon in future and get out of the slum life. Taking up the role of a parent has left her with no time for herself or even her friends.

“The boys in this area are not good. They sometimes want to take advantage of me because they know I have no parents. They tell me that they can give me money for food and other expenses but I tell them I can do it on my own,” she says.

Unlike Winnie who is full of optimism for a better future, Millicent Aoko, a 17 year old who is taking care of her nine siblings seems to have lost hope.

I find her in their one-roomed shanty with seven of her siblings where they are having lunch. They are eating ugali with green vegetables and beans.

Millicent narrates that after going through a rape ordeal in 2007, contracting HIV and worse still losing both her parents, she feels she has no future and has even dropped out of school to take care of her brothers and sisters.

“I wake up at 5am, prepare the children and when they leave for school I go to look for odd jobs,” she says.

“I don’t get a job everyday and when I do, I earn about Sh100 or Sh150. So what we mainly eat is green vegetables because we cannot afford anything else. In a week I can get a job for three days only and that money is not enough for everything,” she adds.

Many orphans like Winnie and Millicent have been left at the mercy of charity organisations to assist them with their day to day needs.

This is despite the fact that there is the cash transfer fund established by the government to assist orphans and vulnerable children. The fund provides cash transfers to poor households taking care of orphans and vulnerable children.

Sophie Donde, Programme Manager at Kicoshep says they provide food, clothing and sometimes pay rent for 15 child-headed families within Kibera. They also offer counseling for the children to ensure they don’t stray.

“We mostly identify them through the caregivers who are our ambassadors in the field and some are referred to us by the organisations we work with,” she says

We know the number of orphans that are in Kibera are about 40,000 but for the child-headed homes, I don’t think there is a study that has been established,” she adds.

British Airways and Comic Relief, a British charity organisation, have also come on board to assist such vulnerable children in a new charity programme dubbed Flying Start.

Sophie Onyango, Community Relations Coordinator says they aim to raise about Sh980 million in the next three years to assist vulnerable children in Africa.

“I hope that everybody out there can know that there are people who really need to be helped. It is sad that a child like Millicent is thinking about everyone else other than herself believing that she is here just to take care of her siblings,” she says.

Last edited by troyhand; 06-11-2013 at 05:26 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:41 AM   #406
troyhand
Banned

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/smgpubs/doc/335717468.html
Evening Times - Jan 4, 2001
I promise we'll visit our Aids orphanage children next time; AIR DRAMA ROBBED DYING KIDS OF MERCY MISSION FROM HERO SCOTS PILOT

Captain [William Hagan], from Sandyhills in Glasgow, was on his way to deliver supplies to children at a British Airways-sponsored orphanage when the attempted hijack took place.

Captain Hagan said wife Charmaine and their children Alana (12) and Aidan (9) decided to give up part of their Christmas holiday to visit the Nyumbani centre.

FACE OF DESPAIR: A two-year-old girl orphaned by her mother, who died of Aids. There are hundreds of such children on Nairobi's streets; CARING: The Nyumbani centre, which takes children suffering from Aids off the streets of Nairobi and helps to make their last few years happy; OUR HERO: Captain Hagan with Charmaine, Alanna and Aidan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British...ys_Flight_2069
British Airways Flight 2069

British Airways Flight 2069 was a scheduled passenger flight operated by British Airways between Gatwick, England and Jomo Kenyatta Airport, Nairobi, Kenya. At 5am on 29 December 2000, a mentally-ill Kenyan Paul Mukonyi stormed the cockpit and attempted to hijack the plane. Captain William Hagan and his crew were able to apprehend the assailant while first officer Phil Watson levelled the flight, quickly putting the situation under control.

Incident
Around 5am, local time, the cockpit of a British Airways Boeing 747-400 on a scheduled flight from Gatwick to Jomo Kenyatta Airport was stormed by mentally unstable Kenyan Paul Mukonyi. Grabbing the yoke he tried to execute a route change which resulted in a struggle between him, Captain William Hagan and First Officer Phil Watson making the plane stall and plunge towards the earth. Ultimately the Captain was able to overwhelm the assailant with the help of the crew and one of the passengers. Violent pitch changes were responsible for minor injuries among four passengers; one of the stewardesses broke her ankle. After landing in Nairobi Mukonyi was transferred to the authorities. The actions right after the apprehension were recorded on a video camera by the son of the English singer Bryan Ferry.

Awards[edit]

Captain William Hagan and First Officers Phil Watson and Richard Webb were awarded a Polaris Award in 2001. Furthermore Hagan was given the Royal Association for Disability and Rehabilitation (RADAR) People of the Year award.

Consequences

A group of 16 American passengers settled for a multi-million dollar lawsuit against British Airways. British passengers have been offered a compensation of £2,000 and a free ticket each.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/d...agar.lizstuart
Guardian - 29 December 2000
Two-minute fight for BA2069

Quote:
Jumbo dives 10,000ft to within seconds of disaster as captain and crew wrestle with passenger

A packed British Airways jumbo came within seconds of disaster yesterday when a mentally unstable passenger stormed the cockpit and attempted to seize the controls.
The Nairobi-bound Boeing 747, with 379 passengers on board, plunged 10,000ft as the captain and one of his first officers wrestled with the intruder on the flight deck for two minutes.

BA flight 2069 had left Gatwick six hours earlier and was cruising 35,000ft above Sudan when one of the struggling men accidentally disengaged the autopilot.

Passengers screamed in terror and prayed for their lives as the plane dived steeply down then, witnesses said, banked left at a sharp angle heading for the ground.

Oxygen masks dropped from their hatches as bags flew through the cabins and passengers who were not strapped in bumped their heads on the backs of seats.

A flight attendant was thrown to the ground, breaking her ankle, as Captain William Hagan struggled with the intruder, poking his fingers into the man's eyes.

In the scuffle the intruder bit one of the pilot's fingers and his ear but, aided by one of his first officers, Capt Hagan succeeded in dragging him out of the cockpit and into the club class cabin. There passengers rushed to help, including a 6ft 6in tall American who helped bundle the man to the ground.

Phil Watson, 38, the co-pilot, who had been sitting at the controls throughout, pulled the plane out of its dive and ended the two-minute crisis, which took place just before 5am.

Among those on board were Lady Annabel Goldsmith, widow of the businessman Sir James, her daughter Jemima Khan and her son Benjamin.

Mrs Khan was travelling to Kenya with her children, Kasim, aged 18 months, and Sulaiman, four, for a two-week holiday.

Also on board were the singer Bryan Ferry and his wife Lucy Helmore, en route to Zanzibar for a family break. "I'm relieved to get here in one piece," he said on his eventual safe arrival in Nairobi.

Capt Hagan, 53, whose wife and two children were on board, said: "It all happened very quickly. My first thought was for the safety of the aircraft and the passengers. We just did what we are trained to do.

"In the struggle the intruder bit my ear but my first officer Richard Webb and I managed to get him out of the cockpit while my other first officer Phil Watson flew the aircraft. With the help of some passengers we managed to restrain the intruder.

"Thanks to the quick thinking of my colleagues and the passengers, this incident was brought to a swift conclusion. I'm very proud of my two first officers and cabin crew and I'm very grateful for the assistance from our passengers," added Capt Hagan, who is from Glasgow and and has 30 years of flying experience.

The intruder was arrested when the flight arrived in Nairobi. Police described the 27-year-old man, a Kenyan, as a suspected mental patient and said he was under sedation in hospital.

Benjamin Goldsmith said Capt Hagan later told passengers that if the drama had lasted four or five seconds longer, the co-pilot would not have been able to regain control because the jet was about to flip upside down.

"I don't think there was a single person on the plane who didn't think we were going to crash. Everyone was asleep at the time when the plane went into a violent dive and started to shudder.

"There were grown men screaming. It was quite a violent situation when the plane stopped diving and went into another dive to the left. One of the engines cut out. This was a scene of an aeroplane about to crash," Mr Goldsmith said.

"The lights went out and the oxygen masks came down and the plane sort of regained control after what must have been about 20 or 30 seconds.

"The pilot then came straight on to the loudspeaker and said, 'A very nasty man just tried to kill us all,' and that's what he said."

"Every single person on that airplane was absolutely terrified, there were people praying aloud. The pilot came down to see his wife who was in the club class cabin and said to his wife and to all of us four or five seconds more and the co-pilot wouldn't have been able to regain control because the thing was about to go on to its back."

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/dec/30/2
Guardian - 29 December 2000
I could see the ground. It was very, very close

Guardian reporter Liz Stuart who was on board Flight BA2069

Quote:
It had just started getting light when the plane jolted massively. There was no warning, just this terrible shuddering.
I thought it was turbulence, that we were going through a storm because I looked out the window and saw black. Then I realised I was looking at the ground. The plane was tilting left to right so one minute I could see the clouds, and the next minute the sun. Then I could see the ground, which looked very, very close.

People didn't seem to panic, but when a man stood up, one of the flight attendants screamed at him to sit down.

I didn't hear any of the passengers screaming, but I don't know whether I just cut out. Passengers in other parts of the plane said people were screaming all around them.

There was a family in front of us whose 12-year-old son was in the loo at the time, and they didn't know what was happening to him. The father just kept saying to his children: "It's OK, it's OK."

There was another massive jolt downwards and the emergency oxygen masks were released from above us.

It didn't feel like a nose dive. It felt like being in a fast lift when the floor falls away.

The flight attendants were screaming at people to sit down, and I realised that something was seriously wrong.

I was holding on to my partner's hand for dear life. I remember having this really sweaty palm and telling him not to look out of the window. I could feel the plane shaking all around me.

Then the alarm bells rang three times, which must have been a signal for all the cabin crew to get to the front as fast as possible because all the staff just ran to the cockpit.

Then the captain's voice came on. He was out of breath, and he said: "Ladies and gentlemen, it is all under control now but a madman has just tried to crash the plane."

He seemed really panicked and the plane still wasn't steady. I felt utter disbelief.

I was told by a flight attendant that this guy had entered the cockpit and and tried to strangle the captain.

People had heard screams coming from the cockpit and two passengers went and wrestled him to the ground.

He was sedated, blindfolded and restrained. A passenger who saw him being taken off the plane said he had very swollen eyes and looked drowsy.

One of the attendants broke her ankle. She was standing up and fell when the plane jolted. Another stewardess said it was the most frightening thing that had ever happened to her.

People were crying. It was then that I went into shock and started shaking.

The attendants were fantastic. They were trying to give us as much information as possible, and they served us tea and coffee, but they had a panic in their eyes that I have never seen before.

It was bloody scary.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-on-video.html
Telegraph - 26 Mar 2012
Aftermath of attempted British Airways hijacking caught on video

Footage on board a British Airways flight moments after it was hijacked in December 2000, nearly killing 398 people including five members of the Goldsmith family and the singer Bryan Ferry, has been posted online by Ferry's son Isaac

Last edited by troyhand; 06-11-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #407
troyhand
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyhand View Post
http://translate.google.com/translat...n-moeder.dhtml
AD.nl - 18 December 2010
"Robert M. 'youth was abused by his mother '

AMSTERDAM - Sex Suspect Robert M. in his youth abused by his mother. So says the director of the Kenyan orphanage where M. worked in September 2008. Lucy Kayiwa speaks in a report by Africa Interactive media company, which has free Netherlands posted on the website.

The 27-year-old M., who is suspected to have abused dozens of children in Amsterdam nurseries would have said he was abused by his mother, Kayiwa tells the woman in the video.

M. came about quite innocently. according to her, "I wish he was arrested here. Then it might have never gotten so bad. That boy is going somewhere (bad)."

Kayiwa allows further know that being with a host family, Although most volunteers choose (to be) housed, (M.) slept in the orphanage. He came in through her knowledge in a Kenyan orphanage. (NOVUM)
http://translate.google.com/translat...00%26bih%3D708
Video interview with Mama Lucy

Mama Lucy explained quite clearly (when written in Dutch anyway) that child rapist suspect Robert M. was abused by his mother and that it would have been better if he was arrested in Kenya. (Better for her and Pedopilot Simon!)

http://translate.google.com/translat...ers-bereikt%2F
December 14th, 2010
Not all parented reached

http://translate.google.com/translat...no-is-kunst%2F
30 March 2012
Robert M.: Child pornography is art

http://translate.google.com/translat...r-naar-rechter
21 May 2012
Robert M. throws water to court (Robert M. begs for mercy from the court?)

Here's a picture of Mama Lucy Kayiwa (Ndemo?).... and of Robert M. and his associates.

Lucy Kayiwa and Nursery School Student
'St. Vincent's Director Honored as Keynote Speaker in San Francisco'
https://www.globalgiving.org/photo/P...to-from-progr/

http://verdwijningen.skynetblogs.be/...r-of-riga.html
Misbruik - Ontvoeringen - Verdwijningen - 21 December 2010
Pedophilia: The Zandvoort network and "the Monster of Riga"

Quote:
64 babies abused in Amsterdam nurseries, one of which was next door to the "Baby Porn" unit of the paedocriminal Zandvoort network. Marc Dutroux revealed that horror before his arrest. The Dutch police investigated the Martijn group, which had already been exposed in 1998, when Portuguese Justice dismantled a first branch of this network. They had acted on the basis of an address book, which had been forwarded by Marcel Vervloesem of the Morkhoven NGO.

The case was opened in Belgium in 1988,when investigation lead to the kidnappers of a young patient from a hospital in Antwerp. This victim had been taken to a child pornography studio in Berlin. The Dendermonde law court seized an address book that named Martijn and then closed the dossier on the basis of a report made by the Beveren gendarmerie which in turn made the evaluation that address book did not contain any significant information.

However, research led by Marcel Vervloesem on the individuals in this address book revealed a criminal gang of Belgian, Dutch, English and Portuguese citizens, active in the import/export of children for the production of these paedocriminal films. It became known as the Temse/Madeira network from the title of their videotape, which, with the address book, moved the Portuguese to seek their extradition. The authors were arrested, tried and convicted for the abuse of 34 children.

In June 1998, Marcel Vervloesem identified a kidnapped child in Berlin among the victims of Temse/Madeira from his research in Holland. He uncovered the Zandvoort network, which bought photographic material to sell to various magazines. The godfather of this network fled, abandoning his business, 88.539 photographs and his address books, where once more, Martijn is named.

Marcel Vervloesem was sifting for the pictures sold by the Zandvoort network in "OK Magazine", which Martijn was responsible for publishing. He found material signed Harry Turné, from the "Pojkart" Studios in Lübeck, Germany. He also found more signed Jean Manuel Vuillaume from the Toro Bravo network which was close to the Coral network and was rampant in institutions for child abuse. In addition, he found pictures of Palestra, a French magazine belonging to Vuillaume, whose child porn studio is nevertheless located in the Belgian town of Berlaar.

The success of the Portuguese justice forced other Europeans to open their eyes and consider a co-ordinated effort under the name "Operation Cathedral". It took six months for the first case leading in September 1998 to prosecution for the Vuillaume photographs which appeared on sale through the Wonderland network.

Holland and Belgium closed the Zandvoort dossier after a few weeks. However the work continued in Germany, Switzerland, France, Sweden, Poland and almost all international justice systems. European political leaders, however, all agree to turn blind eyes on the voluntary faults of procedures in the Belgian judicial system which stem from their efforts of quasi murder Marcel Vervloesem in prison. They manage to gag him, but they cannot gag the Morkhoven NGO.

The dossier even rebounded in the USA on early November 2010. The U.S. services "Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and the "Homeland Security Institute" (HSI), examined the computer of Robert Didua, a 46 year old of Milford in the State of Massachusetts. They found 10.000 images and videos, among which some had been sent from the Netherlands. One pertained to a two years-old boy who had his nappy (dippers) taken off to expose his genitals and then is sexually abused.

Dutch justice knew about the production circuit of images of rapes of babies in nurseries, since Marcel Vervloesem revelations in the minutes file number No. 8257/01 recorded on March 14, 2001, at the Belgian tribunal at Neufchâteau. He had reported the revelations of Robert Jan Warmerdam, who worked at the n ° 111 Admiraal Ruyterweg studios, where the second wife ringleader of Marc Dutroux's gang worked as a secretary. Van Warmerdam met Marc Dutroux later to answer prosecution for the kidnapping of six girls and the murder of four of them. Dutroux had told Van Warmerdam about a nursery without camera monitoring, where the babies could be drugged and "used".

The Dutch justice reopened the dossier of Robert Mikelson: an 18-years-old kid propelled by a project funded by the European Union out of his native Latvia to a nursery school of Heidelberg, Germany. Mikelson's contract began in September 2002 and ended in June 2003 when he was arrested for possessing and distributing child pornography. He was sentenced to one year suspended prison sentence and moves to Amsterdam.

Mickelson lived with an associate of the previously mentioned Martijn, a Richard Van Olffen, a bus driver and manager thirty websites. He was hired from 2004 to 2006 by the "Community School", which changed its name to "Het Hofnarretje", from February 2007 to June 2008. Two mothers accused him of having taught their 2.5 years-old babies by playing with their genitals. They file a complaint to the police in August 2008. The manager's response was that such young children have a vivid imaginations.

A prosecutor is, however, required to apply the law in such cases. The dossier is evident. The employee of the nursery then acquires Dutch nationality by marrying a supporter of Martijn, a former client of Zandvoort, who was selling pictures of raped babies. The attorney, nevertheless allows Mickelson to escape to Kenya, where he is employed, as from autumn 2008, in an orphanage in Nairobi, which houses 17 residents and feeds 60 street children. Van Olffen, legally married to Mickelson, was managing the websites www. africafilms.nl and www. boyhood magazine.org for two years.

Holland closed the file on the basis of expert opinion of a psychologist who postulated that the words of children are not credible. Mikelson returns to Amsterdam where he was employed between October 2009 and January 2010 at the 'Jenno's Knuffelparadijs' nursery situated at "74 Admiraal Ruyterweg ", just a few steps away from one of the Zandvoort child pornography studios. He offers his services as a baby-sitter, for extremely cheap rates.

The U.S. request has done more for Europe in one month, than EU has managed to do in 22 years. The Dutch justice ordered the arrest of Robert Mikelson on December 7, 2010, but left his husband, Richard Van Olffen, four days to clear the computers. The media calls Mikelson "the Monster of Riga", without explaining why it took them 12 years to feel offended by the pictures of babies being rapes in the Zandvoort file. The even greater monsters are those who closed their eyes on those rapes. Holland seems to have understood that and has put 500 police officers on the dossier.

http://www.droitfondamental.eu/001-z...iga_____en.htm

Jacqueline de Croÿ - 21/12/2010 - Fondation Princesses de Croÿ et Massimo Lancellotti

So, this Robert Mikelson was hooked with the Martijn Belgium/Dutch pedophile ring. And he worked at a Kenyan orphanage that Simon Wood would have known about and more than likely visited. Did they know each other?

Last edited by troyhand; 08-11-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #408
troyhand
Banned

http://verdwijningen.skynetblogs.be/...p-martijn.html
Misbruik - Ontvoeringen - Verdwijningen - 21 December 2010
Dutch authorities to investigate paedophile group Martijn

Quote:
The Dutch Public Prosecutors' Office has launched an investigation into the activities of a paedophile association named Martijn.

A spokesperson for the Prosecutors' Office, Ernst Pols, said the authorities want to gain full insight into the group and its members.

The Martijn association campaigns for the "acceptance of paedophilia and adult-child love relationships", and calls for the abolition of the age of sexual consent.

"We need to take action now," Mr Pols said. The association had become a focus of media attention to such an extent that a preliminary investigation was inevitable.

It is not clear how much time the Public Prosecutors' Office will need for its preliminary investigation, which could turn into a criminal one if the Office finds any evidence of criminal activities. The investigation was launched after members of the association expressed support for the suspects in the Amsterdam sex abuse scandal.

The Martijn association reportedly advertised on a website (boyhood-magazine.org) that was run by the chief suspects in the sex abuse scandal, Robert Mikelsons and his male spouse. The website, now closed, featured photos of children in sexual poses. It also included links to sites containing explicit child pornography.

Robert Mikelsons, originally from Latvia, is alleged to have sexually abused dozens of young children in his care at Amsterdam day care centres.

© Radio Netherlands Worldwide

Last edited by troyhand; 08-11-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #409
troyhand
Banned

http://verdwijningen.skynetblogs.be/...d-made-pi.html
Misbruik - Ontvoeringen - Verdwijningen - 14 December 2010
Dutch preschool worker abused dozens of children and made pictures

Quote:
A man who worked for at least two preschools is feared to have molested dozens of young children and used them to make child pornography in one of the worst cases of sexual abuse in the Netherlands.

Amsterdam's mayor, Eberhard van der Laan, said more than 50 parents were informed on Sunday that a 27-year-old suspect arrested last week had either confessed to abusing their children or was thought to have done so.

''This is about a serious suspicion of grave abuse by a man who was arrested Tuesday and has been held since then,'' Mr Van der Laan said at a news conference together with the city's police commissioner and chief prosecutor.

''I see it as my most important job to inform parents as well as possible.''

The suspect was arrested on December 7, after a police television program aired an image of a victim that US authorities had seized in a separate child pornography investigation, police chief Herman Bolhaar said.

US law enforcement officials had informed Dutch authorities they believed the image had been made in the Netherlands.

The victim's parents identified their child from the image on television and called police, leading to the suspect's arrest the same night, Mr Bolhaar said.

The man's computers containing child pornography were seized and he has since confessed to dozens of sex crimes allegedly committed over the past year and a half, Mr Bolhaar said. The man worked at at least two day-care centres in Amsterdam and also offered his services online as a babysitter.

Mr Van der Laan urged media not to photograph children possibly affected and to be reserved in contacting parents.

The man was identified as a Dutch citizen originally from Riga, Latvia. He got the Dutch nationality after a gay marriage, but police published his photo - an unusual step, as privacy laws usually prevent publication of photographs of suspects in the Netherlands.

Mr Van der Laan said the photo had been released in part to reassure the thousands of parents in Amsterdam whose children were not affected.

''At the same time we want to alert others that it indeed was their babysitter,'' he said.

Prosecutors said in a statement they had also arrested the man's 37-year-old partner on suspicion of possession of child pornography. The older man is not suspected of physically molesting children, the statement said.

A 39-year-old employee of one of the day-care centres where the man worked was also arrested on Sunday after allegedly attempting an ''indecent'' online chat, the prosecution statement said.

Mr Bolhaar said there may be more victims and more suspects.

On Sunday a candle was left on the steps of Jenno's Stuffed Animal Paradise, one of the day-care centres affected. An attached note bore a single word: ''Terrible.''

http://verdwijningen.skynetblogs.be/...rt-childp.html
Misbruik - Ontvoeringen - Verdwijningen - 14 December 2010
Is case of Dutch pedophile affiliated with the Zandvoort childporn case?

Quote:
Currently, many people are reporting new evidence concerning the event in the "Amsterdamgate" where dozens of babies and young children were raped by a child predator for years while making pictures of his crimes. This case is directly related to the CD’s of the Zandvoort files in '98, which depicted babies and small children being abused and raped by elite members. These photos were also reported in 1998 on the Dutch television. These horrible crimes are not something new. Twelve years earlier, a psychiatrist declared in "NOVA" concerning the CD’s of the Zandvoort files, that the images were horrible, while looking at some images of children and babies being abused sexually. He had never seen anything like that before in his entire career. The chance is very big that it is the same network of child predators who are increasingly gaining power in the Netherlands. Many countries are owned by a group of perverted child molesters who are protected by the top of the Department of Justice, in the Netherlands in particular by Joris Demmink and Harm Brouwer.

The second indication is chairman of the NMa Pieter Kalbfleisch, as a judge in the juvenile court he placed many children in gay families and institution
s.

He became the chairman of the NMa (parliamentary inquiry commission). He had the power to block any investigation into a cartel in the Hague (DAK, Triodus and 2Samen).Their inquiry concerning the Hague childcare institutions was so offensive and arrogant that it is almost granted that they were protected by the highest circles. A third indication leads to the heads of the political responsibility for child care in administrative terms which are in hands of political perverts and close relations of George Demmink. The chairman of the ‘Brach Society’ is Willem Vermeend and his close friend Ivo Opstelten which is the Chairman of the Committee against Child Abuse. He is also a member of the Party for Freedom and Popular Democracy (VVD pedo Party) and became on July 14, 2010, the new Minister of Justice and Security in the Netherlands. They must ensure that the perverts in The Hague can continue to have uninterrupted access to children true child care organizations. It is worth mentioning that in the past, George Demmink received the children at his home address because George’s home address stood in the child care register in The Hague. Now the dikes are breaking in Amsterdam in an unprecedented abuse case. But the inner circle will be kept out of sight in the mass media. But how long?

http://verdwijningen.skynetblogs.be/...amsterdam.html
Misbruik - Ontvoeringen - Verdwijningen - 5 January 2011
The media and the child abuse case in Amsterdam

Quote:
The newspapers of the Belgian Corelio media group always speak of the sexual abuse within the church. But the same newspapers also organized the false accusations and the media process against Marcel Vervloesem of our association.
Marcel Vervloesem revealed the international childporn network Zandvoort with almost 100.000 victims.
The misleading information and the covering of the Zandvoort case by the Corelio-newspapers resulted in the recent scandal of abused little children in Amsterdam.

(Picture: A report of the Belgian federal police who interviewed Marcel Vervloesem at the request of Prosecutor Bourlet (Dutroux case). Thereafter Marcel Vervloesem was false accused of 'possession of child pornography' and Justice hid the report in the criminal file of Marcel Vervloesem. In this way, the Zandvoort child pornography case with very important information about the childporn network in Amsterdam, was covered.)

http://verdwijningen.skynetblogs.be/child-abuse/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amsterdam_sex_crimes_case

Last edited by troyhand; 08-11-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #410
welshwitch
Banned

Hunt is selling Hotcourses - has it become too 'hot' to handle?

Quote:
Jeremy Hunt is set to trouser a cool £17 million if a deal to sell Hotcourses, an education listings service he holds a 49% stake in, is sold to Inflexion Private Equity.
http://order-order.com/2013/11/08/17...net-rich-list/
welshwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #411
troyhand
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshwitch View Post
Hunt is selling Hotcourses - has it become too 'hot' to handle?

http://order-order.com/2013/11/08/17...net-rich-list/

@ww I betcha Hunt's feeling a little sloggy right now. lol

http://hat4uk.wordpress.com/2012/05/...corp-revealed/
The Slog - May 24, 2012
EXCLUSIVE: Hunt business links to Newscorp revealed.

Quote:
In fact, schoolsnet.com appears to be a trading name…and every effort has been employed to hide who is behind it. But the trail leads very clearly back to Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt.

This company is a wholly-owned trading name of Hotcourses….which is owned by Jeremy Hunt and his partner Mike Elms. The registrant is clearly named via this link as Hotcourses Ltd Jackie Smith First Floor, Bedford House 69-79 Fulham High Street London, LO SW6 3JW. Bedford House is the property upon which Jeremy Hunt avoided £100,000 worth of tax liability last year. It is the Head Office of Hotcourses…and several other previously useful (but by now dormant) companies such as Sheffield Data Services.

Are there further links between these two companies? Yes there are.

On 9th June 2011, this Job ad appeared on The Times website – a Newscorp publication. The employer named in the ad was Milkround. There is nothing suspicious in that: but what’s damning about this advertisement is that while the employer is Milkround.com, the specific position is ‘Web Experience Executive , Hotcourses Ltd’.

The Culture Secretary surely needs to give us an explanation as to why The Times ran an ad in which it is clear that a Hotcourses executive will in reality be employed by Milkround…a Newscorp company. Especially given that, exactly three weeks later, Jeremy Hunt approved the Newscorp bid for BSkyB.

Meanwhile, back on the schoolsnet site, we see this openly boasted tie-up with Newscorp:

‘Every year, Schoolsnet provides information to The Sunday Times for its much-praised Parent Power CD-ROM; the last publication was on November 19 2006.’

No wonder Mr *unt has been such a cheerleader for Rupert Murdoch on his constituency website: he is a partnering stakeholder in Newscorp. Based on the evidence presented above, no other conclusion is possible.

I wonder if Simon Wood gave any assistance to Robert "the Monster of Riga" Mikelson while he was in Kenya, between raping babies in Amsterdam and making child-porn for the Dutroux/Martijn pedophile network.

I wonder how many prominent Dutchmen like to visit Kenyan orphanages?

Places like Jeremy Hunt's Hotcourses Foundation (Sis of Nyumbani) sure do attract a lot of predators.

I think he's going to end up with burnt bridges.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #412
welshwitch
Banned

^^
Jeremy - once a *nut - always a *nut? (sp?)
Old 08-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #413
troyhand
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshwitch View Post
^^
Jeremy - once a *nut - always a *nut? (sp?)

And it looks like he had a heads up after Simon Wood was killed and before it went public. If they're holding evidence that Simon Wood was involved with Hotcourses Foundation at Nyumbani, I'd expect it'll be destroyed once the company is sold.

http://www.educationinvestor.co.uk/(...s.aspx?ID=3456
Education Investor - 15/08/2013
Exclusive: Jeremy Hunt’s education company seeking new owner

Quote:
The international course listings provider Hotcourses, whose founders include health secretary Jeremy Hunt, is considering a sale, EducationInvestor understands.

A source close to the matter said that Ingenious Media was advising the firm and had already approached potential buyers in the private equity community. The shareholders are said to be looking for a deal with a valuation of £30 million – around eight times expected ebitda for the financial year ending July 31 2013.

Hunt owns 49% of the firm, while his business partner Mike Elms owns a further 43%.

Hotcourses declined to comment on the sale

Set up in 1996, Hotcourses claims to be the world's largest course database, advertising more than 700,000 courses and 33,995 scholarships from over 27,000 institutions. It has 28 websites worldwide and offices in the UK, Australia, India and the USA.

According to accounts posted at Companies House, as of July 31 2012, the company had a turnover of £6.5 million, down 32% on the previous year, and was making pre-tax profits of £2 million. This financial year its ebitda is believed to be around £4 million.

Another source said that Hotcourses had initially been approached by a single buyer, before deciding to open bidding to a wider group of private equity houses. As such, the sales process had not featured typical first and second rounds of bids, but was based on a series of “evolving conversations” with potential buyers.

Hotcourses Data and the West London Business Academy are subsidiaries of the firm.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #414
welshwitch
Banned

SHEFFIELD DATA SERVICES
Dissolved on 31 May 2011

Quote:
People connected with this Company
MICHAEL SPITTLE 14 Apr 2011 director - Appointment ended
SUSAN ISAAC 16 Aug 2010 director - Appointment ended
MS SARAH POPPLE 4 Jan 2010 director - Particulars Changed
SUSAN VIRGINIA ISAAC 4 Jan 2010 director - Particulars Changed
MR MICHAEL GRAEME ELMS 4 Jan 2010 director - Particulars Changed
MR MICHAEL GRAEME ELMS 4 Jan 2010 secretary - Particulars Changed
MICHAEL JOHN SPITTLE 27 Nov 2009 director - Appointed
ANTHONY MCCLARAN 19 Nov 2009 director - Appointment ended
Quote:
Previous Company Names
LEASESTOCK LIMITED
Changed 1 Feb 2001
Previous Addresses
ROOM 3-10 THE INNOVATION CENTRE
217 PORTOBELLO
SHEFFIELD
S1 4DP
Changed 30 May 2003
8 PALMERSTON ROAD
SHEFFIELD
S10 2TE
Changed 6 Jun 2001
1 MITCHELL LANE
BRISTOL
BS1 6BU
Changed 8 Feb 2001
Quote:
HOTCOURSES DATA LIMITED
Quote:
Previous Company Names
SCHOOLSNET LIMITED
Changed 1 Nov 2005
MELLOWLINE LIMITED
Changed 24 May 1999
Quote:
Directors and Secretaries
Michael Elms
12 Sep 2003 ⇒ Present (10 Years) Director
12 Sep 2003 ⇒ Present (10 Years) Company Secretary
Mark O'donoghue
14 Jul 2005 ⇒ Present (8 Years) Director
http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/hotcourses-data

Wondered why I couldn't find Schoolsnet info anywhere - seems it was renamed Hotcourses Data - as above.

Jeremy Hunt
12 Sep 2003 ⇒ 15 Jul 2005 (1 Year ) Director (Hotcourses Data - except it was Schoolsnet when he was a director. Just saving the info down -in case the record goes missing..........
Old 09-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #415
troyhand
Banned

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/.../igraphic.html
Boston Globe - July 29, 2012
Child porn investigation uncovers a web of evil

Quote:
From a local arrest, an international trail
Peter Manning and Gregory Squire, federal agents working out of Boston, are heading an investigation into child pornography that so far has resulted in at least 40 arrests around the world and the discovery of 140 children who were sexually exploited. It began with a single photo sent by a Milford man.

December 4
A television program in the Netherlands, similar to America's Most Wanted, airs a sanitized version of the picture of the boy with the bunny. The child's father-in-law sees it and recognizes his grandson. He also raises suspicions about a man who used to baby-sit the boy. The child's mother calls police.

Amsterdam police arrest the baby-sitter, Robert Mikelsons. He eventually confesses to molesting 87 children, including the boy with the bunny.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1556903.html
Huffington Post - 05/30/12
Robert Mikelsons, Convicted Dutch Pedophile, Led To 33 Child Molester Arrests Worldwide

Quote:
AMSTERDAM -- Dutch prosecutors say police have arrested 33 suspected child molesters worldwide, including 8 in the United States, using information gathered from the computers of a pedophile in Amsterdam who abused dozens of babies and toddlers.

Robert Mikelsons, a Latvian-born Dutch citizen, was sentenced to 18 years in prison on May 21. Dutch prosecutors said Wednesday Mikelsons provided thousands of leads, resulting in 13 arrests in the Netherlands, eight in the U.S., six in Canada, four in Britain, and one each in Germany and Sweden. John Morton, who heads the investigative arm of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, praised the cooperation, saying it saved 138 children from ongoing abuse.

Mikelsons was himself caught in 2010 on a tip from U.S. authorities investigating a Massachusetts man who faces sentencing next month.

Last edited by troyhand; 09-11-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #416
troyhand
Banned

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationw...rnnetwork.html
Seattle Times - August 4, 2012
Vast international child-porn network uncovered

Quote:
The men came from different walks of life on two continents: a children's puppeteer in Florida, a hotel manager in Massachusetts, an emergency medical technician in Kansas, a day care worker in the Netherlands. In all, 43 men have been arrested over the past two years in a horrific, far-flung child porn network that unraveled like a sweater with a single loose thread.

BOSTON —
The men came from different walks of life on two continents: a children's puppeteer in Florida, a hotel manager in Massachusetts, an emergency medical technician in Kansas, a day care worker in the Netherlands. In all, 43 men have been arrested over the past two years in a horrific, far-flung child porn network that unraveled like a sweater with a single loose thread.

In this case, the thread was a stuffed toy bunny.

The bunny, seen in a photo of a half-naked, distraught 18-month-old boy, was used to painstakingly trace a molester to Amsterdam. From there, investigators made one arrest after another of men accused of sexually abusing children, exchanging explicit photos of the attacks and even chatting online about abducting, cooking and eating youngsters

Authorities have identified more than 140 young victims so far and say there is no end in sight as they pore through hundreds of thousands of images found on the suspects' computers. They are also trying to determine whether the men who talked about murder and cannibalism actually committed such acts or were just sharing twisted fantasies.

The still-widening investigation has been code-named Holitna, after a river in Alaska with many tributaries.

"They are the worst of the worst," said Bruce Foucart, agent in charge of the U.S. Customs and Immigration Enforcement agency's Homeland Security Investigations unit in Boston. "This isn't just a child that's nude and someone's taking pictures of him; this is a child that's being raped by an adult, which is horrific."

The case began to unfold when Robert Diduca, a Sheraton hotel manager from Milford, Mass., sent the photo of the Dutch boy to an undercover federal agent in Boston. Diduca, a married father of three who used the screen name "Babytodd," thought he was sending the picture to another man with a sexual interest in babies and toddlers.

Agents forwarded the photo to Interpol, the international police organization, and to several other countries.

An investigator for the Dutch police recognized the stuffed bunny as Miffy, a familiar character in a series of Dutch children's books. She also traced the boy's orange sweater to a small Amsterdam store that had sold only 20 others like it.

The boy's photo was broadcast on a national TV program similar to "America's Most Wanted." Within minutes, friends and relatives called the child's mother.

Robert Mikelsons, a 27-year-old day care worker who baby-sat the boy, was arrested. On his computer were thousands and thousands of images of children being molested and raped, including the boy holding the stuffed bunny.

Photos and online chats found on computers owned by Diduca and Mikelsons led to more than three dozen other suspects in seven countries, including Canada, Britain, Germany, Sweden and Mexico. The oldest victim in the Netherlands was 4, the youngest just 19 days old.

Massachusetts U.S. Attorney Carmen Ortiz, whose office prosecuted Diduca, said the demand for photos of sexual assaults of young children, including babies and toddlers, has increased sharply in recent years.

"This demand leads to the abuse of children, yet there is this misconception that somehow, viewing child pornography is a victimless crime," said. "It clearly is not."

Diduca pleaded guilty to child porn and sexual exploitation charges and was sentenced to 18 years in prison. His lawyer, Richard Sweeney, said Diduca was sexually abused as a child by a Boy Scout leader. "He gets it, he knows he needs to be punished, he knows what he did is wrong," Sweeney said.

Mikelsons also received an 18-year sentence, followed by indefinite psychiatric commitment, after confessing to sexually abusing more than 80 children.

The horror did not let up after the Mikelsons case.

In May, authorities arrested Michael Arnett of Roeland Park, Kan., after finding pornographic photos he allegedly produced. Agents discovered the pictures when they searched the computer of a Wisconsin man who had been chatting online with Mikelsons.

What they found on Arnett's computer was unlike anything some of the investigators had ever come across: long, graphic, online chats about his desire to abduct, kill and eat children. They said he had also made photos of a naked 2-year-old boy in a roasting pan inside his oven. The child and two other boys Arnett allegedly abused and photographed were later identified and found alive.

In July, authorities arrested four men they say had online discussions with Arnett about kidnapping and eating children. Those arrested included Ronald Brown, a children's puppeteer from Largo, Fla. (A YouTube video shows Brown during an appearance on a Christian TV kids show in the 1980s. In the video, he tells a child puppet that he did the right thing by refusing to look at "dirty pictures" some other youngsters tried to show him.)

In excerpts of an online chat between Arnett and Brown from 2011, the two men appear to be discussing their desire to cook a child for Easter.

"he would make a fine Easter feast," Arnett says.

"yes, his thighs and butt cheeks would be fantastic for Easter," Brown responds.

Quote:
A lawyer for Arnett would not comment on the allegations. Brown's lawyer did not return calls.

Prosecutors said Brown acknowledged his online conversations but said that it was all a fantasy and that he would never hurt anyone.

"Obviously the discussions regarding their claims of cannibalism are disturbing and a concern to our agency," said ICE spokesman Ross Feinstein. He said agents are following all leads "to make sure these individuals didn't follow through on any of their claims."

To find the young victims, investigators carefully studied thousands of photos, read hours of Internet chats and worked with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. They also employed some forensic wizardry.

After finding a video on Diduca's computer of a bound, 2-year-old boy being raped, investigators enhanced the images of furniture and carpet and determined the attack took place in a motel room in Bakersfield, Calif.

Then they pinpointed the date by way of a TV that was playing in the background in the video, figuring out exactly when a particular episode of "Family Matters" aired along with a certain Pepperidge Farms commercial.

A man from Black Forest, Colo., was arrested and is awaiting trial.

Similarly, in the Arnett case, investigators discovered that a water bottle in one of the photographs carried the name of a swim and scuba center in Overland Park, Kan. With the help of teachers at an elementary school, they identified three children shown in the photographs, including the toddler posed in the roasting pan.

The mother of one of the boys said she initially did not believe the allegations against Arnett, a family friend for about 15 years. She said her son, now 7, and several nephews often spent weekends at Arnett's home four or five years ago.

"Well, when we first got the phone call, we thought there's no way. You guys got the wrong guy," she said. The Associated Press does not identify victims of sexual abuse or their families.

But then investigators showed her photos Arnett had allegedly taken of her son with a shirt and no pants.

"Regret? For sending my son with a sick-minded guy, that's the only regret I have. I had no idea," she said. "It's depressing."

For the agents working on the case, the leads never seem to end.

Last week, they arrested another Massachusetts man after finding child pornography and photos of what appeared to be dead children on his computer. He allegedly had online chats with Arnett and Brown.

More arrests are expected.

"The agents that work for me are extremely driven on this type of investigation," said Bart Cahill, assistant agent in charge of Homeland Security Investigations in Boston. "They really believe that they are taking out horrific violators and saving kids."

---
Associated Press writers Maria Sudekum in Kansas City, Mo., and Matt Sedensky in West Palm Beach, Fla., contributed to this report.

Last edited by troyhand; 09-11-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #417
abrakebabra
Banned

Quote:
the youngest just 19 days old
FFS, this stuff is just beyond my comprehension
abrakebabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:36 AM   #418
troyhand
Banned

http://gawker.com/the-chilling-case-...th-a-493196615
Gawker - 5/06/13
The Chilling Case of "Fat Longpig," the Cannibal With a Child Dungeon

Quote:
For several years, someone calling himself "Fat Longpig" haunted a variety of online forums, discussing with anyone who shared it his unique interest in "abducting, raping, murdering, and eating children," trading child pornography, and, in at least one case, attempting to arrange a kidnapping.

Meanwhile, away from the keyboard, as court documents reveal, Longpig was building a basement dungeon, stocked with a cage, a child coffin, a butchering kit—and two freezers.

Longpig, real name Geoffrey Portway, pleaded guilty on Monday to soliciting the kidnapping of a child and to the distribution and possession of child pornography. According to the Department of Justice, Portway, a UK citizen born in Spain and living in Worcester, Mass., had solicited a Kansas man, Michael Arnett (pictured), to kidnap a child whom Portway "would ultimately rape, kill and eat." ("Longpig" is slang for human flesh when cooked, and appears frequently on cannibal-fetish sites.)

Arnett has since been arrested, and the statement of facts released by U.S. Attorney Carmen Ortiz reveals an alarming flirtation:

Quote:
At least as early as 2010, PORTWAY utilized Skype and other programs to communicate with ARNETT. PORTWAY and ARNETT traded child pornography and images of injured, mutilated and deceased children while chatting about the sexual abuse, rape, abduction, murder, and cannibalism of children. Over months, PORTWAY repeatedly solicited and endeavored to persuade ARNETT to kidnap a child for him, with the intent that ARNETT would do so and PORTWAY would ultimately rape, kill and eat that child. These solicitations for help abducting a child included discussing real children, by name and photo, that ARNETT claimed to know and have access. In the chats, PORTWAY and ARNETT discuss different ways to kidnap children and the age range PORTWAY prefers. During the time that PORTWAY was soliciting ARNETT, he had been told that ARNETT had helped others with such requests before and that he had experience with the abduction and sexual abuse of children.
Portway was arrested in June of last year, and officers serving the search warrant on his home unearthed a sickening scene:

Quote:
During the execution of the search warrant at PORTWAY’s residence, HSI agents also discovered a locked door in the basement of the residence. Inside the door was a sally port that led to a second door (with a keyed lock). Inside the second door was a dungeon, which was lined with acoustical sound-deadening material and contained a chair, television, and what appeared to be cable access to the internet. Also located in this room were a child-sized homemade coffin (with large speakers covered in wire mesh at one end) with exterior locking devices, a steel cage (approximately 3' wide, 2' high and 4' long) with multiple locking devices, and a steel table top (with steel rings at 6 points, presumably for restraints). Outside these rooms were a cabinet freezer, an upright freezer, disposable scalpels, butchering kits, and castration tools. This dungeon was described in detail by PORTWAY in recovered chats as a place he intended to use to keep kidnapped children while he sexually abused them and as a place to eventually murder and cannibalize the children.
Portway was arrested as part of the Justice Department's Operation Holitna, an online sting operation that investigators say has resulted in 51 arrests and the rescue of 160 children. Portway will serve 18 to 27 years in jail, and will be deported on his release.

Here's the Statement of Fact from the case. Warning: graphic descriptions of child pornography.

http://cliffviewpilot.com/feds-say-m...d-cannibalism/
Cliffview Pilot - November 21, 2012
Feds say former Passaic EMT was into child cannibalism

Quote:
YOU READ IT HERE FIRST: An EMT who taught band and bugle corps has a fascination for kidnapping, raping and eating children, said federal authorities in announcing his scheduled court appearance in Newark this afternoon on charges of luring a teenage boy to Pennsylvania for sex, as well as possessing child pornography on his home computer.

Federal agents in July arrested 56-year-old Robert Alan Mucha, a former Passaic resident who they said was part of an international child porn ring, several of whose members “shared his sexual fascination with child cannibalism.”

Those people included Michael D. Arnett, who was arrested in May and charged by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Kansas with producing child pornography.

“On multiple occasions, Mucha and Arnett discussed their mutual interest in kidnapping, raping, and eating children,” U.S. Attorney Paul S. Fishman said in a release this morning.

In October 2010, Mucha convinced a 15-year-old boy to travel from New Jersey to Pennsylvania to spend the day with him and then sleep over at Mucha’s apartment in Stroudsberg, Pa., says a complaint filed by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) unit in Newark.

Following his arrest four months ago, he admitted to sexual contact with the teenager, it says — as well as “his interest in eroticized child cannibalism.”

Mucha, who most recently lived in Newton, worked as a volunteer emergency medical technician in Andover and also previously taught band and Bugle Corps to teenagers in Belleville and Lakewood, authorities said.
In 2010, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Massachusetts and HSI Boston arrested Robert Diduca on child pornography production charges. He was convicted and subsequently sentenced in June 2012.

Forensic analysis of Diduca’s computer led investigators to the Netherlands, where a Dutch national was arrested and charged with production, distribution and possession of child pornography, as well as the sexual abuse of 87 minors.
http://childabusedata.blogspot.com/2...-in-large.html

Last edited by troyhand; 09-11-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #419
troyhand
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrakebabra View Post
FFS, this stuff is just beyond my comprehension

http://tswi.org/africa/bulletin/amst...nya-connection
Radio Netherlands Worldwide Africa - 15 December 2010
Amsterdam child sex-abuse case - Kenya connection

Quote:
It's now been revealed that Robert Mikelson, the man arrested in connection with alleged child sex abuse at Dutch daycare centres, once worked at an orphanage in Kenya and may have attended toddler 'slumber parties' in Amsterdam.

The director of children's daycare centre Het Hofnarretje in Amsterdam allegedly organised sleep-over parties for small children in his own home. Het Hofnarretje is one of the daycare centres which employed Robert Mikelson, who was arrested last week on child abuse charges. He is thought to have sexually abused up to 53 children in the age group up to 4 years.

Director Albert Drent is said to have organised children’s parties at several locations, including his own home. The parties were held without parents being present and the children sometimes stayed overnight. Mr Mikelson and his legal husband, who is now charged with possession of child pornography, are said to have been present at some of the parties.

Kenya connection
Last spring Robert Mikelson lived at an orphanage in Nairobi, Kenya, where he worked as a volunteer. The home provided a pre-school programme for young children. He wrote in a blog: “[B]I met and helped many children there. The kids at this pre-school are in the age group between 3½ and 8. After that they move on to regular primary schools.” In the blog he also mentioned undergoing HIV testing.[/B]

Recent tests performed in the Netherlands after his arrest have produced negative results for HIV, hepatitis B en syphilis.

© Radio Netherlands Worldwide
http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/am...enya-orphanage
Radio Netherlands Worldwide Africa - 15 December 2010
Amsterdam sex abuser worked in Kenya orphanage

Quote:
The main suspect in the Amsterdam child sex abuse case, Robert Mikelsons, worked at a Kenyan orphanage for a month in September 2008. During his time in Kenya he wrote a weblog. But the head of the small orphanage in the Kenyan capital, Nairobi, doesn’t think he abused any of the children in her care. Robert Mikelsons is alleged to have abused dozens of children at Amsterdam daycare centres where he worked.

The orphanage at which he volunteered, run by the Society of St Vincent de Paul, is located near one of the Kenyan capital’s slums. At the time the Dutch sex abuse suspect worked there, the orphanage was home to 17 children, most of them girls, aged between five and 15. Around 60 children attend an attached school.

"Idealist"
“An idealist, dreamer, philosopher, bookworm and cycling fanatic.” This is how Mikelsons describes himself in his weblog, written in imperfect Dutch. In one of his first posts he explains the idealistic motives that took him to Africa: “Since I was 14 I’ve felt that I can do a lot for people, and particularly children, in Africa. Over the years this feeling has only grown. As if Africa has called me. And I’ve seen what a difference I can make to children’s lives here in Kenya. Much more than the difference I make in the lives of children at the daycare centre.”

Later he claims, “I’ve already built a good relationship with the children, made things from paper together, sung songs and played a lot of games.” And “After the walk in the woods I played a lot of games with the children, like tag.”

“Innocent”
The head of the Nairobi orphanage and school says she was shocked to hear of the former volunteer’s arrest. Nevertheless, she doesn’t think he abused any of the Kenyan children, she told Dutch commercial broadcaster RTL. “I’m worried about it, but I don’t think he had a chance. I feel bad. To me, he was an innocent child. And he could be somebody you trust.”

Mikelsons also writes in his weblog that he had an HIV test in Kenya. “They use the Western Rapid Antibody Test, which gives a result in 7-10 minutes. In the Netherlands it would have taken at least a week. I was a terribly unsure about it. (...) If you want to know the result (...) I’m not saying ”

The health authorities in Amsterdam have now tested the suspect for HIV, hepatitis B and syphilis. All the results were negative.

Readers have left comments on the website on which Mikelsons published his weblog. Some date from two years ago, while others have been written since the news broke about the abuse in Amsterdam. The contrast could not be greater. The old comments praise him for his idealism. The most recent comments are a tirade of abuse, wishing him disease and death.

Apart from the weblog, Mikelsons also had a page on the social network draugiem.lv, in his homeland Latvia. This featured photographs of his time in Nairobi. However, the site has now removed the page to protect the identity of the children in the photos.
In 2008, I would think the place he got AIDS tested was through Nyumbani. This piece of filth and Simon Wood may have met in Nairobi. Mikelson's connection to the Belgium/Dutch network and the international pedo-ring with the other countries leads to the belly of the beast.

Last edited by troyhand; 09-11-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #420
abrakebabra
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyhand View Post
In 2008, I would think the place he got AIDS tested was through Nyumbani. This piece of filth and Simon Wood may have met in Nairobi. Mikelson's connection to the Belgium/Dutch network and the international pedo-ring with the other countries leads to the belly of the beast.
Indeed
abrakebabra is offline   Reply With Quote