Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Exposing Child Abuse

Old 04-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #4841
troyhand
Banned

Pedophile ring at the Gogar estate. Little Kellerstain.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...sion-1-3219809
Edinburgh News - 4 December 2013
Pat McGlynn wanted to demolish Tam Paton mansion

FORMER Bay City Rollers star Pat McGlynn today said “I wished I was there with a hammer” when the mansion belonging to the band’s former manager Tam Paton was partially demolished.

Quote:
The ex-Rollers guitarist claims that Paton tried to sexually assault him in the bedroom of the Gogar home in 1976 after locking him inside.

The bedroom where Paton slept has now been knocked down by the property’s new owner along with the sauna where he was found dead from a heart attack in 2009.

McGlynn said that the home – known as Little Kellerstain – was used for gay orgies hosted by Paton and frequented by visiting celebrities.

The 55-year-old said that his drink was spiked by Paton who sexually attacked him when he was just 18.

He said: “I’m glad that the bedroom has been demolished. I wish I was there with a hammer to do it myself. I would’ve done it for free. I would’ve blown it up.

The night I joined the band in 1976, Paton spiked my drink and assaulted me in the lounge.

“Later we had to visit the house often to be interrogated by Paton about our movements and who we’d been seeing because he was so controlling. It was mental and emotional torture.

He also tried to assault me in his bedroom. He had a drawer that he would pull out which blocked the door. I had to fight him off. I was attacked by Paton three or four times in the house.”

McGlynn said that he first reported the alleged attacks in 1977 but the police deemed there to be a lack of corroboration.

In 2003, the former Roller reported an attempted rape by Paton in an Australian hotel in 1977, which bandmate Les McKeown said he witnessed, but again police deemed there to be insufficient evidence. McGlynn, who works as a developer and lives in Liberton, added: “Paton used to hold parties at the house where celebrities came up from London. There would be boys aged between 14 and 18 wandering around who would be abused. I was there, but I was too busy trying to protect myself to stop it.

“There was always a punch bowl in the lounge, which had been spiked with something. I didn’t know much about drugs but there were sleeping tablets and cocaine around.

With the police launching Operation Yewtree to investigate Jimmy Savile and others, I’m still hoping they investigate Tam Paton and his circle. Some of them were well-known names. I would be glad to give evidence. The full truth should come out.

I’ve suffered for 37 years and never got any justice. I phone the police every year to ask about whether anything has happened with the investigation, but nothing ever does.

“Paton still haunts me after all those years. Whenever I see anything about the Rollers, or even see tartan, it all comes back to me.”

Edinburgh developer James Ford snapped up the five-bedroom home for a cut-price £410,000 after estate agents ­struggled to find a buyer. The developer has gutted the interior decor, which was “stuck in the 1970s”, to make it “unrecognisable” from the home where Paton lived for 35 years.

Paton, who oversaw the Rollers’ rise to fame, died aged 70. By then he had amassed a fortune of nearly £2.7 million and left it to charity. He served three years in jail after being convicted in 1982 of sex offences against two boys aged 16 and 17.

He was convicted of drug ­dealing in 2004 after £26,000 of cannabis was found at his home, but was cleared on 
appeal.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/tam-pat...-000-1-1010422
The Scotsman - 1 May 2004
Tam Paton and the missing £300,000

Quote:
FORMER Bay City Rollers boss Tam Paton today revealed he is set to ask police for £300,000 cash he claimed they seized from him during a drugs raid.
Paton, who was made an honorary captain of New York Police Department for his charity work, was caught with cannabis resin with an estimated street value of almost 26,000 at his Edinburgh home, Little Kellerstain, at Gogar.
And today he claimed he bought the cannabis to share with his partner of 27 years and 12 people who live in his home.
"I have tenants in Little Kellerstain from the ages of 22 to 42 [11 to 21 more likely], and I believed that it was better to contribute to the bulk purchase of cannabis than have them go to dealers who may well have tempted them into stronger drugs if cannabis was not available."
Not guilty pleas to charges of trafficking in Ecstasy and cocaine, and his denial that drugs had been supplied to a prisoner in the city’s Saughton jail, were accepted.
Earlier the court heard how Paton was caught red handed - holding a kilo of cannabis resin - when drug squad police raided his ranch-style mansion on the outskirts of Edinburgh.

It was the second raid in less than three months at Paton’s home
Then, in May 1982, Paton’s world came crashing down when he was jailed for three years for indecency with teenage boys.

A trial was halted after four days of evidence when Paton pleaded guilty to reduced charges, admitting that he had molested ten boys over a period of three years.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/rollers...work-1-1351776
Scotsman - 11 April 2009
Rollers chief linked to sex abuse network

Quote:
A GOVERNMENT adviser on sex crimes has claimed Bay City Rollers manager Tam Paton was involved with an abuse ring which claimed dozens of youngsters as victims.

[Sarah] Nelson, speaking in her capacity as an Edinburgh University researcher, said she had uncovered numerous allegations made against Paton over the years, many of them involving teenage boys who were afraid to go to the police at the time.

Paton, who was 70, was convicted in the early 1980s of abusing two boys aged 16 and 17. Last week, Rollers frontman Les McKeown finally broke his silence on the issue, claiming he was raped by Paton.

Nelson is now revealing that she came across a raft of allegations as she examined the extent of sex abuse against young men for two key reports, published in 2004 and earlier this year.

She told Scotland on Sunday: "I became very concerned in the in the course of both studies, but particularly in 2004, to come across repeated allegations of sexually abusing activities involving Mr Paton and rings of unknown others. I think it is safe to say there are dozens of alleged victims.
"They were groups of severely damaged young men, offenders who were now in the criminal justice system, but who had eventually revealed being abused in some kind of network involving Mr Paton."

She added: "The allegations included that extreme fear of the repercussions of reporting kept them silent, along with their fear of entrapment if they spoke out, since they had themselves been inveigled into crime. They would not agree to speak out about the abuse."

Nelson said the allegations included the existence of a network of flats in Edinburgh where vulnerable male teenagers and young men were placed – men who were beholden to Paton – and which were scenes of criminal activities.

She said: "There were also allegations that abuse and criminal activities involving boys took place regularly at Mr Paton's home, which surveillance over a period would surely have revealed."

The claims were reported – usually reluctantly – to various workers, including those in the prison, criminal justice, housing and social work sectors but, Nelson believes, never pursued because the alleged victims did not want to take them further.

She said: "Given that my own research report of February 2009 raised some very disquieting issues about apparently continuing risks to boys in care, especially those with a history of residential care and offending, I believe such an inquiry must be instigated in order to protect others and to learn lessons for protecting these boys in future."

McKeown, speaking last week, said he was raped by Paton when he was 18 or 19 and said the Svengali-figure had threatened to kill him if he ever spoke out about his ordeal.

McKeown, now 53 and a father, cast some light on the kind of allegations Nelson uncovered. He said Paton, who was gay, manipulated young men using power and drugs and surrounded himself with "ned" henchmen.

The former lead singer of the Rollers described Paton as a "tyrant despot" and a "predator". Referring to Paton's home, Little Kellerstain, he said: "The Scottish people can sleep well knowing the beast of Kellerstain is dead. The parents and children can feel safer as one more predator is off the streets.

"All the thousands affected by his devastating reign of drugs, terror and abuse can breathe a sigh of relief. He can no longer directly affect our lives. The tyrant despot is dead; long may he remain so."

Another Roller, guitarist Pat McGlynn, accused Paton of attempted rape in an Australian hotel room. The attack, he said, took place in 1977 but he only reported it in 2003. Lothian and Borders Police said they did not have enough evidence to act on the allegation

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...g=2445,1440146
The Glasgow Herald - Feb 9, 1982
Jailed for offenses against boys

Quote:
A riding instructor was jailed for four months at the High Court in Edinburgh yesterday when he admitted four charges of gross indecency against teenage boys in the home of former pop group manager Tam Paton.

John Wilson (44), of Mavisbank Stables, Polton Bank, Loanhead, Midlothian, wept in the dock as Lord Kincraig sentenced him after Wilson's counsel said he was now prepared to give evidence against Paton, who was his co-accused.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...g=2283,1149148
The Glasgow Herald - May 7, 1982
Paton jailed for three years on sex charges

Quote:
Mr Donald Findlay, advocate for Paton, said there was no evidence that youths were compelled to watch sex films. The jury watched several hours of video and 8 millimeter films taken from Paton's house.

"Whether such films are likely to deprave and corrupt is very much a matter for the individual," he said.

One film depicting homosexual acts between young boys was not Paton's property and was never shown to the boys, he said.

http://books.google.com/books?id=Rz4...eaning&f=false
Gaelic place names of the Lothians By John Milne

Quote:
KELLERSTAIN. Stone at the head of a shieling. Ceann, head; airidh, shieling.
The form cinn often takes the place of ceann, and sometimes cinn becomes cill.

Quote:
A shieling (Scottish Gaelic: àirigh, Cornish: kavos), also spelt sheiling, sheeling, and shealing, is a hut, or collection of huts, once common in a wild or lonely place in the hills and mountains of Scotland and northern England. The word also refers to a mountain pasture used for the grazing of cattle in summer

Last edited by troyhand; 04-12-2013 at 10:27 PM.
troyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #4842
carl0599

I think a few are starting to catch on to the terminology used by politicians, ie, no one is above the law, that is because there is no law! it is about as useful a term as me saying I am not above the good fairy of the north, the only law that exists is your own programmed morals, and even those are as unnatural as your belief in authority, you knew more when you were three, and sited those famous, but now lost words, "who made you the boss of me", your hypnotic education, television, guru's, pseudo science, belief that the next gadget is going to make your lives just perfect, leaves you open to every used car salesman, racketeer and pea finding game available, there is no government over people, and the current Government governs her majesty as head of a church, it is a ministry, it has ministers, it re-presents the furniture, cabinets, tables and chairs,
the police only draw their authority from a place that has no authority, thus there is no law to be above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrKKyV6ynAs

hope that helps people realise the depth of the rabbit hole
The Brainwashed never question why they believe what they do!
"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live" Martin Luther King Jr
carl0599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:43 PM   #4843
goodness
Inactive

@Troyhand

Tam Paton

Quote:

The Bay City Rollers, the 70's pop group ran by Tam Paton. The group had a sad demise various members were brought up on a variety of charges including sex with minors.

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2011/...to-andrew.html

Last edited by goodness; 05-12-2013 at 07:39 PM.
goodness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:35 PM   #4844
logos880

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl0599 View Post
I think a few are starting to catch on to the terminology used by politicians, ie, no one is above the law, that is because there is no law! it is about as useful a term as me saying I am not above the good fairy of the north, the only law that exists is your own programmed morals, and even those are as unnatural as your belief in authority, you knew more when you were three, and sited those famous, but now lost words, "who made you the boss of me", your hypnotic education, television, guru's, pseudo science, belief that the next gadget is going to make your lives just perfect, leaves you open to every used car salesman, racketeer and pea finding game available, there is no government over people, and the current Government governs her majesty as head of a church, it is a ministry, it has ministers, it re-presents the furniture, cabinets, tables and chairs,
the police only draw their authority from a place that has no authority, thus there is no law to be above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrKKyV6ynAs

hope that helps people realise the depth of the rabbit hole
I disagree with some of your comment here, specifically, "there is now law!" there is natural law. natural law means I, as a living creature, have a right to be alive. as a creature born with innate discernment, I have a right to make my own decisions. I won't elaborate anymore than that even though a book could probably be written on the subject.

to your point, we don't have any obligation to follow corrupt laws. stepping off my soap box now.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #4845
welshwitch
Banned

Spies Fucking Spies

Quote:
Edward Snowden has lit the wick, and the firecracker is beginning its slow motion explosion across the face of the globe. “Great men are forged in fire, and it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame”. I got that line from the last Doctor Who show, it’s a ripper quote eh?

The elite have been caught spying on each other all round the world because they obviously don’t trust each other very much, just like we don’t trust them cunty dysfunctionals very much either.

The secret services won’t disclose any information here because they always use the excuse that “it’s a matter of national security”. They call it “intelligence”, but that’s just a weasel word that really means “secret stupidity”.

Australia’s Prime Mincer, Tony Rabbit, has been caught with his Jesuit pants down around his ankles, by trying to dismiss the revelation that Ozzie secret service agencies have been regularly eaves dropping on the Indonesian Prime Ministers telephone calls, as if there was nothing to see here folks, move along. But through his ignorant stupidity it exploded exponentially as it was discovered that we were also listening in on his wife’s phone calls as well as the rest of his family and political associates. Source
Quote:
All politicians lie, and you can easily spot when they are lying because their lips move. When you partake of the voter franchise then you become attached to the national debt personally. They encourage you to vote by using lies and bribes, see that’s a fucking crime right there.
Quote:
So when did spying ever become an “accepted norm” in our society?

I don’t spy on my neighbour soaping up her huge fucking arse in the shower because if I get caught, I go through the seven bells of hell and humiliation and crown punishment.

I don’t listen in on their phone calls either because it’s illegal to do that, and obviously I couldn’t give a rats crap what they dribble on about anyway. If I did listen in and I found out they were talking about me, I would be right fucking paranoid and freak out into the foetal position, gently rocking in the corner of the kitchen pantry, if I had one. So why would I even fuck with my valuable head like that?

The normal people of the world, like you and me, realise the stupidity of all this clandestine “intelligence” gathering, but the elites have their heads so far up each others arse, they have a need to know when ones ally is about to fart so they can block their noses and pretend that nothing smells in here regarding all this bullshit lick my flaps spying.

It’s not just Oz, of course, this all started centuries ago with America, France and Britain, who are ALL incestually “doing it” to each other. The entire world is spying on itself, and becoming a paranoid schizophrenic criminal monster equal to Fred Wests House of Horrors parlour game.
Quote:
Intelligence is NOT intelligence. Smart phones are NOT smart. Smart bombs are NOT smart. Smart meters are NOT smart. Smart cars were NOT smart, in fact I remember when they were first introduced, the “smart” cars were prone to fall over in a slight gust of wind from a pedestrian’s botty burp.

What I am saying here is that WORDS are being used subtly, to justify ideas and technology that is being used against us by pretending that it’s “smart” or “intelligent”. Everything is arse about face here.

The oracle of the magic bumhole tells us that the lies are crippling us, and the banks are the best fucking liars, proven time and time again with racketeering, rigging, deceit and stealing, and yet not one of those fuckers has ever gone to prison over their treasonous fraudulent activity. But if you accidentally spit a blob of gob-shite in a coppers eye for abusing your human rights, you get porridge for being a terrorist “smart” arse.

The diplomatic war of words is being waged on everyone, if we bothered to notice. The problem is that fucking television is soo entertaining, we are being stupefied by its Jewish stupidity.

The sheep are quite content to let the farmer think about the logistics of running the farm, as long as they have some GMO nosh, a smidge of comfort and some shagging entertainment, what could possibly go wrong? The farmers a good trustworthy bloke isn’t he?

The one sheep who bothers to lift his head up above the flock, and gets to see where his family is heading up the chute into the slaughterhouse, is going to shit himself in the revelation but be unable to convince his family of the dire consequences of the on coming head bolt celebration of meatiness.
Much more here
http://www.chrisspivey.co.uk/spies-fucking-spies/

It sometimes takes a Spivey to spell it out.

The sooner we realise we don't need to adhere to artificial unnatural constraints - solely designed to enslave and indebt us - the better
welshwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #4846
troyhand
Banned

@goodness

found this about the area[/I]

Little Kellerstain

http://books.google.com/books?id=3M-...=gogar&f=false

The Manna Stone in Clackmannanshire represents the phallic protrusion of the Milky Way to the right side of the bottom of Perseus. This is the reason that this small individual county was placed where it is in ancient days in Scotland. Obviously, "Manna" meant "man" and not the "sea monster" seen by mainstreamers. Anyone who can not identify this object should not be in archaeology.

The Gogar Stone, in Edinburgh marks the Cord of the Fish. Stars marked are those of Andromeda along which the Cord of the Fish passes. Allen writes: "The northern Fish has ... been considered as representing the monster sent to devour Andromeda...." This we see in the Gogar Stone as a giant eel - probably the origin of the Loch Ness Monster. The position of the giant eel astronomically was surely originally at Cetus since the term CETUS is like the Latvian ZLITIS "eel."
http://www.megaliths.net/cogarstone.htm

http://archaeologydataservice.ac.uk/...11_179_197.pdf
SKETCHES OF EARLY SCOTTISH ALCHEMISTS.

Quote:
[page 189]
SIR GEORGE ERSKINE.

In the reign of King James VI. there were many followers of the hermetic philosophy in Scotland, the most important of whom perhaps was Sir George Erskine, or Areskine, of Innertiel. He was the third son of Sir Alexander Erskine of Gogar, and brother of the first Earl of Kellie....

According to Lord Hailes, Sir George drew up some decisions of the Court while he sat on the bench, but no trace of these has been discovered. Some remains of his alchemical labours are to be found in his manuscripts, several volumes of which were presented by his grandson, Lord Cromarty to the Library of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh in 1707. On one of these volumes, remarkable for the variety of its contents, and the beauty of its caligraphy, as also for the manner in which it came into the possession of Sir George Erskine, is the following inscription by the Earl:—

Quote:
"I haveing found by letters directed from one Dr Politius (a Polonian or Silesian) to my grandfather Sir George Areskine of Innertile, brother to the Earl of Kellie and grandchild to the Earle of Marr, a Senator of the Colledge of Justice, and Privy Counsellor to King James the 6th and to King Charles 1st, who was a great student of naturall philosophy, evn to a considerable advancement in the hermetick school, and had a correspondence in very remote parts with the sonnes of Hermes, and of whose fruits of his expensive and secret correspondence with them I have depositat some volumns of manuscripts mostly of his own handwritt.

"This was sent to him by the society at Hess, and directed under the convoy of the said Dr Politius, who by his letters to Sir George declares that by direction of that society his chief errand to Scotland was to confer with him. And I judged it a monument not unworthy to be consigned to the Honorable Colledge of Phisitians at Edinburgh, both for its convoyance
and matter, evn tho perhaps much of it may be or is now in print; yett this being long or it was, [it] is to print as ane avro-ypacfiov, and hath more be much then is printed, and many authors not mentioned, in the print.

"To the Royal Colledge of Phisitians this vol. and severall other volumns is affectionately and humbly offered on the nynteen of June An. Chr. 1707 by
"GBO. CROMERTIE."
In June 1685 the Earl of Cromarty (then Viscount Tarbat) had signed, as "Clerk to His Majesty's Parliament, Council, Register and Rolls," a ratification of the privileges of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh, granted by their charter, to which the great seal of Scotland was appended on St Andrew's day, 1681.

From the interesting statement of. the Earl above given, and from the manuscripts of Sir George Erskine containing several treatises relative to the rules of the Society of Rosicrucians, it is not improbable that the Dr Politius above named was one of the missionaries sent from Germany to propagate their tenets, and that Sir George had been in active correspondence with them.

The Rosicrucians, or followers of Christian Rosencreutz or " Rose Cross," a German philosopher, who died in 1484, created about the year 1605 a great sensation in Germany. His followers believed that the philosopher's stone, like the quintessence, was not only a means of obtaining wealth but also health and happiness, and that by it mankind could acquire the most intimate knowledge of all the secrets of the universe.

http://books.google.com/books?id=ZYA...page&q&f=false
The Statistical Account of Edinburghshire

Quote:
Gogar. - According to Mr Wood, Gogar is a Celtic word, signifying light; it was originally written Goger. There was a church or rectory at Gogar, ... This church was acquired by the canons of Holyrood in 1240. It seems to have been separated from Holyrood in 1296, when the kirk lands belonging to it were given to Andrew, then parson of Gogar. In the text roll of the archbishoprick of St Andrews, in 1547, it is entered as Rectoria de Gogar, and it is included in Keith's list of the parsonages at the Reformation. It was at one time annexed to the Trinity College of Edinburgh.

Last edited by troyhand; 05-12-2013 at 01:04 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:57 AM   #4847
welshwitch
Banned

^^

Leaving no stone unturned? Crowley- loch ness, Savile - ?

Methinks some dots need further connecting

http://aangirfan.blogspot.co.uk/2009...-and-boys.html

mm Chris denning - Jonathan king - think I've head their names mentioned before?

Last edited by welshwitch; 05-12-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:13 AM   #4848
troyhand
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshwitch View Post
^^

Leaving no stone unturned? Crowley- loch ness, Savile - ?

Methinks some dots need further connecting

http://aangirfan.blogspot.co.uk/2009...-and-boys.html
Little Kellerstain: little Stone at the head of a hut in a wild or lonely place in the hills.

Big Kellerstain:

Kellerstain sounds a lot like german Keller Stein: A Basement Stone (or Altarstone?)

Last edited by troyhand; 05-12-2013 at 01:15 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:29 AM   #4849
welshwitch
Banned

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...end.jonronson1

Not great bedtime reading

More searching to do.Gonna b a hectic 48 hrs- but back here asap- promise.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:32 AM   #4850
goodness
Inactive

Quote:

Anonymous said...

Saville's friend (he would talk in private with Jim on the phone)
(Tam Paton (manager of the pop band from Edinburgh the bay city rollers, he raped two of them) and his drug scene (very large dealler and landlord of hundreds of flats) his lads (rent boys) would stand at the bus station soliciting run away young men for Paton did like to turn a straight dude bent and connections to Savile, Jonathon King etc, policemen, judges, etc. The secret society's of Edinburgh, a very gay city. He was a friend of the police and judiciary, in his pocket.

There you have a nexus between the secretive society of Edinburgh's and Scotland's elite that meet in a catacomb under Edinburgh university in the Capital of Scotland, Edinburghs gay magic circle (Thomas Hamilton had leads that police were pursuing i do remember in the original reports), police, Dss, social care, pop stars, etc. Worth investigation.

http://aangirfan.blogspot.com/2013/0...s-friends.html
Old 05-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #4851
welshwitch
Banned

Track me if you can: Ever wonder how you can disappear and start over?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpd..._tech?start=63

Savile seemed to manage to travel the length and breadth of the UK unmonitored (except by security services for whom he worked).

This is how to avoid them too.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #4852
welshwitch
Banned

Remember the clouds/chakra colours?

HAARP and Volcano Light

Quote:
It's called Volcano Light, seismic activity causes intense electromagnetic flux.

It's the same principle HAARP works on.

Mainstream science had been trying to pretend it doesn't exist, since it's the smoking gun for Earthquake Weaponry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKMTSDzU1Z4

If you have a HAARP-like array, you can bend and focus EM fields globally - that's the official explanation for HAARP; over-the-horizon Extemely-Low-Frequency communication with submerged nuclear submarines.

But if you can produce magnetic flux at any spot on (or below) the Earth's surface, you can also induce current, or at least charge.

And Quartz, for example, when you apply an electrical charge to Quartz crystals, they change shape.
http://spikethenews.blogspot.co.uk/2...ano-light.html

Last edited by welshwitch; 05-12-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #4853
welshwitch
Banned

Pope sets up child abuse committee that will combat sexual assaults within the Catholic Church

Pope Francis is creating a committee to tackle sex abuse in the clergy
It will look at screening priests, protecting children and help victims
The panel will have both lay experts and religious representatives

Quote:
Pope Francis is assembling a panel of experts to advise him on sex abuse in the clergy, the archbishop of Boston said today.

The panel will look at how to protect children from paedophiles, how to better screen men for the priesthood and how to help victims who have already been harmed.

The creation of the panel was announced today following a meeting between the Pope and his cardinal advisors and will tackle the sexual abuse scandals that have rocked the Catholic Church in recent years.

Boston was the epicentre of the 2002 clerical sexual abuse scandal in the US and poignantly it was its archbishop, Cardinal Sean O’Malley, who announced the creation of the commission.

The commission will be made up of international lay and religious experts on sex abuse, and is set to study current programs to protect children, better screen priests and to train church personnel, Cardinal O'Malley said.
New ground: The commission, announced by Boston's archbisop Cardinal Sean O'Malley, will be made up of international lay and religious experts on sex abuse, and is set to look at how to protect children from paedophiles, how to better screen men for the priesthood and how to help victims

Looks like a clone of someone imo

Quote:
However, Cardinal O'Malley said he did not know whether one of the issue of how to hold bishops who shelter abusive priests accountable would be studied by the commission.

Advocates for victims of clerical abuse have long denounced the Vatican’s refusal to sanction bishops who shielded abusive priests and moved them from parish to parish rather than report them to police.

‘Quite frankly that’s something that the church needs to address,’ O’Malley said. ‘I’m not sure whether it will be this commission or the CDF (Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith) or the Congregation for Bishops.’

The commission was announced just days after the Vatican submitted its responses to a U.N. committee monitoring its implementation of the U.N. Convention on the Rights of the Child.

The Vatican dodged many of the committee’s questions about sex abuse by arguing that it is up to bishops and dioceses to implement programs to protect children, not the Holy See.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ic-Church.html

Doubtless more whitewash - seems there's a lot of it about at the moment
Old 05-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #4854
welshwitch
Banned

As above:

Saturn's storm in action: Scientists create incredible animations of hexagonal tempest using photos taken by the Cassini probe

The animation above shows a view from directly over Saturn's north pole, keeping up with the rotation of the planet so that all the motion seen on the screen is the motion of the storms inside the hexagon.

Quote:
Better views of the hexagon are available now because the sun began to illuminate its interior in late 2012.
(interesting)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ini-probe.html

So below?

Rare Ice Disk Forms in North Dakota River

Quote:
When I first saw this giant rotating ice disk spotted in North Dakota this week, I assumed it had to be some kind of human-created object, perhaps a new piece by famed land artist Andy Goldsworthy. The video above was shot by retired engineer George Loegering while hiking along the Sheyenne River. He estimates the rotating disk was some 55 feet in diameter and must have been forming for some time.
Quote:
“It’s not a continuous sheet of ice,” Schlag said. “If you were to throw a grapefruit-size rock on it, it would go through. It’s not a solid piece of ice—it’s a collection of ice cubes.”
http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2013/1...-dakota-river/
Old 05-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #4855
goodness
Inactive

^ Incredible images WW!
Old 05-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #4856
goodness
Inactive

Quote:
The Tacit Supernaturalism of Popular Science

Since the emergence of the modern popular science industry in the nineteenth century, one central message has been promulgated consistently: Magical thinking is the exact opposite of the scientific spirit and a foolproof litmus test to identify intrinsically unscientific and dangerously regressive attitudes. The problem with this pillar of popular science, however, is that on closer inspection it quickly boils down to assumptions which are themselves based on little more than variants of magical thinking.

An essential feature of magical thinking is the belief that effects are inherent in intention: in magic, immaterial ideas unfold and teleologically realise themselves – we know not how – to manipulate physical reality. The cardinal error of magic, popular science tells us, lies in bad post hoc reasoning, i.e. in unchecked, wishful conjectures regarding the causal relationship between intent and supposed effect. Did not the birth of science occur when man (at last!) started to think critically and uncover natural causes for supposedly supernatural phenomena? And has history not shown that knowledge has steadily progressed in a linear and accumulative fashion, on a heroic march from superstition to science?

Systematic historical explorations of preconditions and wider contexts of scientific practice have fundamentally challenged such traditional accounts, particularly since historical scholarship has ceased to be dominated by exercises in promoting and justifying scientific and medical professionalism. In fact, popular science magazines and pamphlets co-emerged, and often overlapped content-wise, with a modern standard historiography of science, which retroactively transformed past events and actors to fit dominant nineteenth- and twentieth-century sensibilities. A major problem with present-day popular science is that it continues outdated history of science narratives to make the past compatible with contemporary academic mainstream culture. It insists to be naturalistic, and yet it adheres to breathtakingly simplistic and ultimately teleological nineteenth-century science myths and rhetorical patterns, for the only organising principles of scientific and medical practice that appear to exist for popular science are ‘reason’ and ‘truth’.

Ironically, images of reason and truth in popular science seem to share certain key properties with transcendental entities and supernatural principles: Like a secular Holy Ghost, Reason is supposed to seize those receptive to its influence and inspire intellectual core virtues without which science would quickly lose its appeal as an intrinsically progressive enterprise (such as humility in the face of evidence contradicting previous beliefs, and courage in defending new discoveries even at personal risk). As if by magic, scientific research questions – which according to popular science are guided by nothing but sacred desire for Truth – turn into empirical data, transfigure (along with unambiguously correct interpretations) into journal articles, and via the reader’s retina finally materialise as rational conviction in the human brain. Scientific Truth has pre-existed human cognition and is merely channelled, bit by bit, through oracles, i.e. extraordinary people called the ‘Great Scientists’. Destined to eventually unfold to the benefit of all humankind by breaking down (we know not how) social and cultural divides, the expected arrival of absolute scientific Truth is at worst temporarily delayed by human imperfections – of which, incidentally, ‘superstition’ is the most stubborn and dangerous.

Obviously, I’m being deliberately provocative. But can it be doubted that many standard claims promulgated by popular science entirely hinge on naïve glorifications of scientific practice as something that is organised by transcendental superhuman principles, and ultimately rest on tacit but unambiguously teleological historical assumptions? What, for example, is the often-heard assurance of science’s inbuilt self-correcting capacity but a manifestation of that stereotypical basic vice of magical thinking – i.e. faith in a wishful inductive inference based on neglect to check for refuting instances? But when historians and historically informed philosophers of science challenge grand myths by critically analysing conditions and processes by which theories and ideas prevailed over others, science popularisers sometimes respond by crying ‘anti-science!’ or, much more often, simply ignore the evidence.

By consistently passing over relevant history of science and medicine scholarship, modern popular science often reveals that – like its nineteenth-century predecessor – its professed core mission is not so much the public cultivation of critical thinking, but rather the supposed liberation of the public from ‘dangerous ideas’ and ‘superstition’. Like religious fundamentalism, which popular science routinely targets to get its message of the intellectual vulgarity of magical thinking across, it relies on appeals to abstract authority transcending human nature and experience. Challenge a religious fundamentalist’s blind faith in Holy Scripture by presenting evidence for the human element involved in its productions, and he will charge you with blasphemy or act as if the evidence did not exist. Question tacitly teleological claims promulgated by certain science popularisers by identifying the human factor in the genesis of scientific knowledge, and their response will be remarkably similar.

http://forbiddenhistories.wordpress....pular-science/

Last edited by goodness; 05-12-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #4857
goodness
Inactive

Quote:
Krampus: Saint Nicholas' Dark Companion

Dec 3, 2013

While Saint Nicholas may bring gifts to good boys and girls, ancient folklore in Europe's Alpine region also tells of Krampus, a frightening beast-like creature who emerges during the Yule season, looking for naughty children to punish in horrible ways -- or possibly to drag back to his lair in a sack. In keeping with pre-Germanic Pagan traditions, men dressed as these demons have been frightening children on Krampusnacht for centuries, chasing them and hitting them with sticks, on an (often alcohol-fueled) run through the dark streets.

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2...panion/100639/

similar image as seen at 0:20 in "I, pet goat II"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...MnKDZ6csM#t=20

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/12/...as_demon_1.php

Last edited by goodness; 05-12-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #4858
welshwitch
Banned

^^

Ugh - horrific imagery - guess they'll be airing this on children's tv and film in schools soon........

sorry but the more I see the 'nudging' in the media towards a totally degenerate, disfunctional zombie robotic slave entity - the more I scream out about it.

Quote:
New baby’s bouncy seat complete with iPad holder slammed as ‘an embarrassment for humankind’ as child experts say it can stunt development
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ad-holder.html
Old 05-12-2013, 06:06 PM   #4859
welshwitch
Banned

Looks like the church is washing some dirty linen........... first the pope - now this - but I anticipate they've used - and will use a huge amount of 'laundry whitener'.

St. Paul Archdiocese discloses names of 34 priests credibly accused of sexual abuse

Quote:

MINNEAPOLIS – The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis has disclosed the names of 34 priests who have been accused of sexually abusing minors.

The names were made public Thursday following months of criticism that church leaders mishandled allegations of abuse. Archbishop John Nienstedt says he hopes the move will restore trust.

The archdiocese says it has substantiated claims against 30 priests on the list. The remaining four have claims against them that could not be substantiated, but the archdiocese released them after a court order.

The information includes the clerics' names, parishes where they served, and other details. It does not include details of the allegations.

Most of the names being released already have been in the media. All of the men have been permanently removed from ministry.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/05...test+-+Text%29
Old 05-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #4860
goodness
Inactive

Quote:

Dion Fortune’s RITES OF ISIS AND OF PAN

October 11, 2013

“The clearest, simplest – and best – analysis and explanation of what magic is and how it works that I have ever come across. Gareth Knight shows that DF’s novels are initiatory and were intended to be so. He supplements his exposition with DF’s own commentaries on her work and reveals the secret methods she employed in her art to link the reader’s imagination to spiritual and cosmic realities in order to activate the powers of the soul.” — Society of the Inner Light

Dion Fortune encoded much practical magical lore within her novels, leaving it up to the reader to work out how to make use of it. Behind the novels were two major rituals, the Rite of Isis and the Rite of Pan, which Dion Fortune occasionally performed in public in the 1930s as part of her drive to open up occultism beyond the closed walls of esoteric fraternities. Now for the first time, these important magical workings have been released from her society’s archive in their complete and original form.

Edited and explained by Gareth Knight, this book contains the full text of the original Rite of Isis and Rite of Pan which formed the basis for Dion Fortune’s Moon Magic, The Goat-Foot God, and The Sea Priestess.

Further archive material elucidates the practical magical principles found in The Winged Bull. The book is supplemented by several articles written by Dion Fortune in the 1930s which shed further light on the practical content of her novels, including the essay Ceremonial Magic Unveiled, a review of the work of Israel Regardie in which she gives her views on the controversies within the Golden Dawn and frankly describes her own falling out with Moina MacGregor Mathers.

Here is a small sample from Gareth Knight’s introductory chapter:

The deeper levels of the mind can be influenced by profound feeling and prolonged attention, and ritual is designed to take advantage of both methods. By means of a set rite we obtain prolonged attention, and by means of the “conditioned symbols” that make up the rite, we generate emotion. By means of a mood, or emotionally toned state of mind induced by the rite, we should be able to get in touch with a corresponding spiritual force. Thus by the use of that all-important factor, the pictorial imagination, the attention is held, a mood is achieved, and spiritual realisation or exaltation can follow.

Quote:
review:

Reading this book I realised this is one reason Dion’s novels are so potent; they are empowered on the inner levels not only by the magic of Dion, not only by her inner contacts and the cosmic forces they bring through, but also by the physical enactment of the rites by flesh and blood Londoners in the 1930s. If you are familiar with her novels and read these Rites slowly and imaginatively, you will see what I mean. In fact, I would be so bold as to say the full publication of these Rites will empower the novels and the work of Dion even further. Today as I type this review, I heard news that a Golden Dawn based group in South Australia will be working the Rites early next year. Dion lives!
Quotes from Dion Fortune:
Quote:

"The true nature of the gods is that of magical images shaped out of the astral plane by mankind's thought, and
influenced by the mind." -- Dion Fortune, "The Mystical Qabalah"

"To say that a thing is imaginary is not to dispose of it in the realm of mind, for the imagination, or the image making faculty, is a very important part of our mental functioning. An image formed by the imagination is a reality from the point of view of psychology; it is quite true that it has no physical existence, but are we going to limit reality to that which is material? We shall be far out of our reckoning if we do, for mental images are potent things, and although they do not actually exist on the physical plane, they influence it far more than most people suspect." --Dion Fortune, "Spiritualism
and Occultism"
Quote:

Dion Fortune born Violet Mary Firth (6 December 1890 – 8 January 1946), was a prominent British occultist, author, psychologist, teacher, artist, and mystic. Schooled in Western Esotericism, she was influential in the modern revival of the magical arts. She was also a prolific writer of the supernatural and the occult in both novels and non-fiction works. As a psychologist, she approached magic and hermetic concepts from the perspectives of Jung and Freud.

Known to those in her inner circle as DF, her pseudonym was inspired by her family motto "Deo, non-fortuna" (Latin for "by God, not fate"), originally the ancient motto of the Barons and Earls Digby. Fortune died in 1946 from leukemia in Middlesex, London, at the age of 55.

She was born in Bryn-y-Bia in Llandudno, Wales, and grew up in a household where Christian Science was rigorously practiced. She reported visions of Atlantis at age four and developing psychic abilities at age 20.

She joined the Theosophical Society and attended courses in psychology and psychoanalysis at the University of London, and became a lay psychotherapist at the Medico-Psychological Clinic in Brunswick Square.

Her first magical mentor was the Irish occultist and Freemason Theodore Moriarty. In 1919 she was initiated into the London Temple of the Alpha et Omega before transferring to the Stella Matutina order.
Quote:

One of Dion Fortune’s first mentors was Dr. Theodore Moriarty. He was the co-author of the influential books, “The Freemason’s Vade Mecum” and “Notes on Masonic Etiquette and Jurisprudence.”

Born in 1873 in Dublin, Moriarty spent his early adulthood traveling in the merchant services. He eventually settled in Mossel Bay, South Africa. In 1897, he was initiated as a Freemason.

He returned to England in 1916 and became a teacher of “Universal Theosophy.” It is around this time he began to mentor Dion Fortune. She based her practice of trance mediumship on his techniques. Six years later she published fictional stories based on his teachings. The character she based on him was Dr. Taverner. These stories were later collected in “The Secrets of Dr. Taverner,” which is still in print.

http://magicoftheordinary.wordpress....is-and-of-pan/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dion_Fortune
http://skylightpress.wordpress.com/2...gareth-knight/

Last edited by goodness; 06-12-2013 at 01:27 AM.