welshwitch
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodness View Post
For reference:

Fascinating -

Georgia - where that 1.8m year old skull was recently found

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...postcount=3438

Gobekli Tepe, Baalbeck - whole lots of 'finds' that don't fit with the evolution and history we've all been taught - all in a relatively small area- all on that 'silk road' trail...........

and all so close to SYRIA and IRAQ and IRAN

Makes me look at this chess game in a whole new light
welshwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2013, 11:59 PM   #3602
goodness
Inactive

The Black Sea
Quote:
May 13, 2009 by Ron Pavellas

This is about an area of the world that remains, for those of us oriented primarily toward North America and Europe, a historically complicated and geographically confusing melange of ancient empires initially forged by warrior kings and their hordes on horseback, a parade of vast “-stans” marching eastward that are little understood and imperfectly located, wide-ranging and centuries-long religious and cultural and commercial conflicts, and names that are difficult to be immediately grasped, much less to remember.

The stimulus for writing this overview comes from my reading of a fascinating book: The Black Sea: A History, by Charles King.

From The Black Sea.

…[W]riting the history of nations is…about silencing voices. It [draws] lines around people, excising connections among human communities and reading onto the messy past the lineaments of pure identities and immutable boundaries…This book asks the reader to listen to some of [the] still voices from the past. It is about how…the Black Sea has more often been a bridge than a barrier, linking religious communities, linguistic groups, empires and, later, nations and states into a region as real as any other in Europe or Eurasia. [p.12]

Area Surrounding The Black Sea (libcom.org)

From this beginning the book shows us the flow of history in the region of the Black Sea, sweeping from south to north and back, and similarly east to west, but mostly from the east. The Empires of the Middle East, up to and including the Ottoman Turks, pushed north to control the sea and its assets: seafood, ports, shipping lanes, peoples. Many people of the North and West, especially Imperial Russia, pushed back and sought to overtake. Over time, as western European countries exerted powerful diplomatic, commercial and military power, the lake became neutralized. Throughout all centuries there were recurring waves of conquerors, and continuing influxes of migrants, usually pastoral people fleeing the east.

But all this took millennia. The lands adjacent to the sea were populated and, in varying degrees, controlled by:

Median Empire (Medes) 728BCE – 559 BCE
Achaemenid (Persian) Empire (550 BCE – 330 BCE)
Scythians (750 BCE – 250 BCE)
Macedonian Empire (808 BCE – 168 BCE)
Seleucid Empire (312 – 63 BCE)
Parthian Empire (250 BCE – 226 CE)
Cimmerians (714 BCE – 55 BCE)
Sarmatians (ca. 250 BCE – ca. 250 CE)
Dacians (82 BCE – 271 CE)
Ostrogoths: (250 CE – 375 CE)
Huns (360 CE – 480 CE)
Avar Empire: (522 CE? – 580? CE)

Sassanid Empire (226 CE – 651 CE)
Khazars (ca. 500 CE – 965 CE)
Bulgars (482 CE – 972 CE)
Seljuk Empire (1037 CE – 1194 CE)
Mongol Empire (1206 CE – 1368 CE)
Byzantine Empire (330 CE – 1453 CE)
Trebizond Empire (1204 CE – 1461 CE)
Russian Empire (1721 CE – 1917 CE)
Ottoman Empire (1299 CE – 1923 CE)
The Caliphate (632 CE – present?)
Tatars: (ca. 1150 CE – present)
Circassians (ca. 1600 CE – present)

One can get an idea, and some direct perception, of the movement and, importantly, the admixture of peoples over time from this visual presentation of the Middle East empires and nations.

To this day small and large ethnic and religious groupings of ancient peoples continue to exist throughout Europe and Asia in this region, even if their individual genetic heritages may have been infused with those of neighboring and invading tribes over the millennia. This is what makes the notion of country or nation so difficult in this area. Up until recently, for instance, to be “Greek” was not necessarily even to be ethnically or genetically Greek, but to belong to the Eastern Orthodox religion, no matter where one lived.

The geography and physical characteristics of the Sea and its tributaries are also important, of course. Here are the major rivers supplying the fresh water, the top layer of this great sea:

Bzyb
Çoruh
Danube
Dnieper
Dniester
Don
Kizil Irmak

Kodori
Kuban
Rioni
Sakarya
Southern Bug
Yeşil Irmak

And, yes, you read it right that the top layer of the Black Sea is fresh, while the bottom (and dead) layer is colder salt water from the Mediterranean Sea, flowing through the Bosporus.

Another important feature of the sea is that is two or, perhaps, three seas in one.

As you can see from the above, there are two counter-clockwise surface currents in the left and right portions of the lake which make navigation between them sometimes difficult. The Sea of Azov is a smaller and distinct body, as well.

There are two types of sea currents in the Black Sea: the surface currents, caused by the cyclonic pattern of the winds, and the double currents in the Bosporus Strait and Kerch Strait, caused by the exchange of waters with adjacent seas. The surface currents form two closed circles.
The width of the western circle, opposite the Danube Delta, reaches 100 km and decreases towards the south. The velocity of the current is about 0.5 km per hour. The width of the eastern circle varies between 50 and 100 km, and the velocity is 1 km per hour. Source

A salient aspect of the larger region within which the Black Sea is located, is a great prairie stretching from China through Southern Europe through which the “Golden Horde” and other eastern pastoral people gained access to the west. These prairies are called “steppes” and are celebrated in stories and music, presaging the “old west” legends of the prairie in North America.

The Black Sea: A History is rich in detail and overview, and I will follow through on a list of books, people and subjects for further study, including:

Trajan’s Column (image to the right)
Pompey the Great, Emperor of the Roman Republic
City of Miletus in Anatolia
Greek historian Herodotus
Constantine VII
The Travel of Anacharsis the Younger in Greece by Abbé Jean-Jacques Barthélemy
Mithridates VI Eupator
The Council of Nicea
Fall of Constantinople
Marco Polo
Doge of Venice
Volga-Don Canal

In addition, I have now gained an interest in looking also at the great salt water sea (or lake) to the east, The Caspian Sea, and a further look at the nature and history of the Steppes of Central Asia.What great dividends from the purchase of a single book!Many thanks, and my admiration of the author’s scholarship and writing skills, to Charles King.

http://pavellas.com/2009/05/13/the-black-sea/
goodness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 12:11 AM   #3603
welshwitch
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete675 View Post
Seven Chakras and Seven Seals..

Activation of Chakras: Opening Seven Seals

http://www.esotericteachings.org/201...g-seven-seals/
Ever had that realisation - 'I've been looking at something - but I've never seen it'?

From the link

Some 30 years ago, maybe longer - I bought a present for someone after we'd been traipsing around Egypt. I found a litho- of that image above. Akhenaten & Nefartiti.

Tbh, I always wished I had kept the picture myself as somehow I was fascinated and drawn to it.

from the Cairo museum

Akhenaten's daughter

Statuette head composition representing one of Akhenaten's daughters with the classic Amarna elongated face and skull

http://www.ancient-egypt.co.uk/cairo...ughter%201.htm

It's that elongated skull thing again. (Sure, sure - cranial binding- I hear the words)

Mummy

The pic was akhenaten on the right - facing right -very tall -behind him- slightly smaller prob Nefertiti - then behind them two much more diminutive figures. They really don't want you to look at these too closely. Wonder WHY?????

It's the SCALE diff's and the skull shapes like shown here

Are the drawings ''stylised'' - pointed heads and huge stature compared to the rest - or is this capturing a real 'giant amongst men'?

Does this explain the scale of some of the buildings and doorways? It had to be big enough to accommodate giants?

It would kinda make sense to me if that were the case.

and remiss of me - WORDS AND MEANINGS

What does MYTH mean?

Quote:
H. P. Blavatsky references Greek myths and legends often throughout Theosophical Glossary and Isis Unveiled. She remarks that the original truth of Greek myths hold significant understanding of the Phenomena of the universe. H. P. Blavatsky elaborated in The Secret Doctrine:

For a myth, in Greek mythos, means oral tradition, passed from mouth to mouth from one generation to the other; and even in the modern etymology the term stands for a fabulous statement conveying some important truth;
http://www.tswiki.net/mywiki/index.p...reek_Mythology

@Goodness - fabulous information re Baltic - and seeing those maps- well they say a picture speaks a thousand words!

Last edited by welshwitch; 22-10-2013 at 12:39 AM. Reason: not allowed tolink to image
Old 22-10-2013, 12:23 AM   #3604
goodness
Inactive

music for fun

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=BNHGY0PB1UU

Teenaged boy wonders play bluegrass

Brothers Jonny, Robbie and Tommy Mizzone are The Sleepy Man Banjo Boys, a trio of virtuoso bluegrass musicians who play with dazzling vivacity

Quote:
Bluegrass music is a form of American roots music, and a sub-genre of country music. Bluegrass was inspired by the music of Appalachia. It has mixed roots in Irish, Scottish, Welsh, and English traditional music, and also later influenced by the music of African-Americans through incorporation of jazz elements.

Immigrants from the United Kingdom and Ireland arrived in Appalachia in the 18th century, and brought with them the musical traditions of their homelands. These traditions consisted primarily of English and Scottish ballads—which were essentially unaccompanied narrative—and dance music, such as Irish reels, which were accompanied by a fiddle.

Many older Bluegrass songs come directly from the British Isles. Several Appalachian Bluegrass ballads, such as Pretty Saro, Barbara Allen, Cuckoo Bird and House Carpenter, come from England and preserve the English ballad tradition both melodically and lyrically. Others, such as The Twa Sisters, also come from England; however, the lyrics are about Ireland. Some Bluegrass fiddle songs popular in Appalachia, such as "Leather Britches", and "Pretty Polly", have Scottish roots. The dance tune Cumberland Gap may be derived from the tune that accompanies the Scottish ballad Bonnie George Campbell. Other songs have different names in different places; for instance in England there is an old ballad known as "A Brisk Young Sailor Courted Me", but exactly the same song in North American Bluegrass is known as "I Wish My Baby Was Born".

In Bluegrass, as in some forms of jazz, one or more instruments each takes its turn playing the melody and improvising around it, while the others perform accompaniment; this is especially typified in tunes called breakdowns. This is in contrast to old-time music, in which all instruments play the melody together or one instrument carries the lead throughout while the others provide accompaniment. Breakdowns are often characterized by rapid tempos and unusual instrumental dexterity and sometimes by complex chord changes.

Bluegrass music has attracted a diverse following worldwide. Bluegrass pioneer Bill Monroe characterized the genre as: "Scottish bagpipes and ole-time fiddlin'

Themes

Bluegrass tunes can largely be described as narratives on the everyday lives of the people whence the music came. Aside from laments about loves lost, interpersonal tensions and unwanted changes to the region (e.g., the visible effects of mountaintop coal mining), Bluegrass vocals frequently reference the hard-scrabble existence of living in Appalachia and other rural areas with modest financial resources. Some protest music has been composed in the Bluegrass style, especially concerning the vicissitudes of the Appalachian coal mining industry. Railroading has also been a popular theme, with ballads such as "Wreck of the Old 97" and "Nine Pound Hammer" (from the legend of John Henry) being exemplary.

The Appalachian region was where many English and Ulster-Scots immigrants settled, bringing with them the musical traditions of their homelands. Hence the sounds of jigs and reels, especially as played on the fiddle, were innate to the developing style. Black musicians infused characteristics of the blues to the mix, and in a development that was key to shaping the Bluegrass sound, introduced the iconic banjo to the region.

The music now known as Bluegrass was frequently used to accompany a rural dancing style known as buckdancing, flatfooting or clogging. As the Bluegrass sound spread to urban areas, listening to it for its own sake increased, especially after the advent of audio recording.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluegrass_music
Old 22-10-2013, 12:44 AM   #3605
pete675

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshwitch View Post
Ever had that realisation - 'I've been looking at something - but I've never seen it'?

From the link

Some 30 years ago, maybe longer - I bought a present for someone after we'd been traipsing around Egypt. I found a litho- of that image above. Akhenaten & Nefartiti.

Tbh, I always wished I had kept the picture myself as somehow I was fascinated and drawn to it.

from the Cairo museum

Akhenaten's daughter

Statuette head composition representing one of Akhenaten's daughters with the classic Amarna elongated face and skull

It's that elongated skull thing again. (Sure, sure - cranial binding- I hear the words)

Mummy

The pic was akhenaten on the right - facing right -very tall -behind him- slightly smaller prob Nefertiti - then behind them two much more diminutive figures. They really don't want you to look at these too closely. Wonder WHY?????

Are the drawings ''stylised'' - pointed heads and huge stature compared to the rest - or is this capturing a real 'giant amongst men'?

Does this explain the scale of some of the buildings and doorways? It had to be big enough to accommodate giants?

What does MYTH mean?

@Goodness - fabulous information re Baltic - and seeing those maps- well they say a picture speaks a thousand words!
Discussion on the Amarna heads:

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/a...ns/topics/3969

'Please don't jump like a scalded cat and bolt in panic in the
opposite direction when I ask this, but does anyone else see those
weird elongated Amarna skulls as evidence of an alien visitation
from another time dimension? You must admit that there is something
completely out of the ordinary about them. I for one have never seen
anything like them in my life. When I see a picture of them I think
my eyes are playing tricks with me. The most astonishing thing about
them is that they are "twice" the size of normal human skulls. This
makes them extremely scary and "alien like". If they're part of some
enormous hoax, or even practical joke, why doesn't someone say so?
If the Amarna skulls are human, why don't you see people with
elongated heads today? And, with respect to Amaran art, why
represent young Egyptian princesses with hideous elongated heads and
ghastly protruding stomachs if that isn't how they actually looked?
I mean, why go and uglify beautiful young women? Weren't the court
sculptors instructed to represent what they saw?'

Questions that await an answer...
pete675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 12:54 AM   #3606
welshwitch
Banned

^^

Thx for that - glad it's not just me. Saw another reply on that thread - the ''experts'' say it's an 'egg of life'' added......................

So these primitive, ignorant Egyptians - couldn't draw,couldn't build - hadn't a clue about Pythagoras ...........

Load of cods! (as in wallop)

Also had the deranged thought - going underground again

They buried their dead and precious stuff underground (Valley of kings)

Near the Nile - which floods - and with desert around you - if you were to build subterranean chambers and passages near the river - you'd need a marker to make sure you knew exactly where they were and the access points - before and after a flood or sandstorm. What better than a Pyramid or Sphinx to designate the position?

Much more on GIANTS at this link-amazing pictures
http://atlantisfound.4t.com/

Last edited by welshwitch; 22-10-2013 at 01:11 AM.
Old 22-10-2013, 01:46 AM   #3607
goodness
Inactive

Quote:
Royal Family granted new right of secrecy
Special exemptions to be written into Freedom of Information Act

By Robert Verkaik , Home Affairs Editor

Saturday 08 January 2011

The Royal Family is to be granted absolute protection from public scrutiny in a controversial legal reform designed to draw a veil of secrecy over the affairs of the Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William.

Letters, emails and documents relating to the monarch, her heir and the second in line to the throne will no longer be disclosed even if they are in the public interest.

Sweeping changes to the Freedom of Information Act will reverse advances which had briefly shone a light on the royal finances – including an attempt by the Queen to use a state poverty fund to heat Buckingham Palace – and which had threatened to force the disclosure of the Prince of Wales's prolific correspondence with ministers.

Lobbying and correspondence from junior staff working for the Royal Household and Prince Charles will now be held back from disclosure. Buckingham Palace confirmed that it had consulted with the Coalition Government over the change in the law. The Government buried the plan for "added protection" for the Royal Family in the small print of plans called "opening up public bodies to public scrutiny".

Maurice Frankel, head of the Campaign for Freedom of Information, said that since the change referred to communications written on behalf of the Queen and Prince Charles it might be possible for "park keepers working in the royal parks" to be spared public scrutiny of their letters written to local authorities.

The decision to push through the changes also raises questions about the sincerity of the Liberal Democrats' commitment to government transparency. In opposition, senior Liberal Democrats frequently lined up to champion the Freedom of Information Act after it came into force in 2005.

Ian Davidson, a former member of Parliament's Public Accounts Committee (PAC), told The Independent: "I'm astonished that the Government should find time to seek to cover up royal finances. When I was on the PAC what we wanted was more disclosure not less.

"Every time we examined royal finances we found extravagance and indulgence as well as abuse of expenses by junior royals.

"Everywhere we looked, there were savings to be made for the Government. This sends the wrong message about public disclosure and accountability."

Paul Flynn, another member of the committee, described the special protection for the Royals as "indefensible".
He said: "I don't think it serves the interests of the public or the Royal Family very well."

Mr Frankel said he believed that Prince Charles was the driving force behind the new law.

"The heir to the throne has written letters to government departments in an attempt to influence policy," he said.

"He clearly does not want these to get into the public domain."

Later this month, lawyers for the Cabinet Office, backed by Prince Charles, will go to court to continue to resist Freedom of Information requests of ministers to publish letters written to them by the Prince of Wales.

A spokesman for Buckingham Palace said that the change to the law was necessary because the Freedom of Information Act had failed to protect the constitutional position of the monarch and the heir to the throne. He explained that the sovereign has the right and duty to be consulted, to encourage and warn the government, and by extension, the heir to the throne had the constitutional right and duty to prepare himself for the role of King.

"This constitutional position relies on confidentiality, so that all such correspondence remains confidential," he said.

But he said that change would also mean that correspondence not covered by the absolute exemption would be made public 10 years earlier than under the current disclosure rules.

The Palace's position was backed by Professor Vernon Bogdanor, research professor at King's College London.

He told The Independent: "The essence of constitutional monarchy is that the Queen and other members of the Royal Family remain politically neutral. The Queen meets the Prime Minister once a week, when both are in London, to discuss government policy.

"The heir to the throne has the right, and perhaps the duty, to question ministers on policy so as to prepare himself for the throne. Such discussions are only possible if they remain confidential. Otherwise the neutrality of the Queen and of the Prince of Wales could be undermined.

"When the Queen meets the Prime Minister, no one else is present – not even the Queen's Private Secretary. For this reason, it is right that the Royal Family should be exempt from FOI."

The Government claimed that the thrust of the changes announced yesterday would make it "easier for people to use FOI to find and use information about the public bodies they rely on and their taxes pay for".

The Ministry of Justice intends to increase the number of organisations to which FOI requests can be made, bringing in bodies such as the Association of Chief Police Officers, the Financial Services Ombudsman, and the higher education admissions body UCAS, and also all companies wholly owned by any number of public authorities.

In the public interest? The stories they didn't want us to know

*In 2004 the Queen asked ministers for a poverty handout to help heat her palaces but was rebuffed because they feared it would be a public relations disaster. Royal aides were told that the £60m worth of energy-saving grants were aimed at families on low incomes and if the money was given to Buckingham Palace instead of housing associations or hospitals it could lead to "adverse publicity" for the Queen and the government.

*A "financial memorandum" formalising the relationship between the sovereign and ministers set out tough terms on how the Queen can spend the £38.2m handed over by Parliament each year to pay for her staff and occupied palaces.

*The Queen requested more public money to pay for the upkeep of her crumbling palaces while allowing minor royals and courtiers to live in rent-free accommodation.

*As early as 2004 Sir Alan Reid, the Keeper of the Privy Purse, had unsuccessfully put the case to the Department for Culture, Media and Sport for a substantial increase in the £15m-a-year grant to maintain royal buildings.

*The Palace planned to go ahead with refurbishing and renting the apartment of Diana, Princess of Wales at Kensington Palace after it had lain empty since her death in 1997.

*A letter exchange revealed a tussle over who has control of £2.5m gained from the sale of Kensington Palace land. Ministers said it belonged to the state, while Buckingham Palace said it belonged to the Queen.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...y-2179148.html

http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/w...-the-monarchy/

Last edited by goodness; 22-10-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old 22-10-2013, 02:04 AM   #3608
goodness
Inactive

Mediterranean connection during the Holocene

Quote:
The Black Sea is connected to the World Ocean by a chain of two shallow straits, the Dardanelles and the Bosphorus. The Dardanelles is 55 m (180 ft) deep and the Bosphorus is as shallow as 36 m (118 ft). By comparison, at the height of the last ice age, sea levels were more than 100 m (330 ft) lower than they are now. There is also evidence that water levels in the Black Sea, too, were considerably lower at some point during the post-glacial period. Thus, for example, archaeologists found fresh-water snail shells and man-made structures in roughly 100 m (330 ft) of water off the Black Sea coast of modern Turkey. Therefore it is agreed that the Black Sea had been a landlocked freshwater lake (at least in upper layers) during the last glaciation and for some time after.

In the aftermath of the last glacial period, water levels in the Black Sea and the Aegean Sea rose independently until they were high enough to exchange water. The exact timeline of this development is still subject to debate. One possibility is that the Black Sea filled first, with excess fresh water flowing over the Bosphorus sill and eventually into the Mediterranean Sea.

There are also catastrophic scenarios, such as the "Black Sea deluge theory" put forward by William Ryan and Walter Pitman.

Deluge hypothesis

In 1997, William Ryan and Walter Pitman from Columbia University published a hypothesis according to which a massive flood through the Bosphorus occurred in ancient times. They claim that the Black and Caspian Seas were vast freshwater lakes, but then about 5600 BC, the Mediterranean spilled over a rocky sill at the Bosphorus, creating the current communication between the Black and Mediterranean Seas. Subsequent work has been done both to support and to discredit this hypothesis, and archaeologists still debate it. Ryan and Pitman in fact associate this catastrophe with ancient flood myths.

The Black Sea was a busy waterway on the crossroads of the ancient world: the Balkans to the West, the Eurasian steppes to the north, Caucasus and Central Asia to the East, Asia Minor and Mesopotamia to the south, and Greece to the south-west. The oldest processed gold in the world, arguably left by Old Europeans, was found in Varna, and the Black Sea was supposedly sailed by the Argonauts.

The land at the eastern end of the Black Sea, Colchis, (now Georgia), marked for the Greeks the edge of the known world. The steppes to the north of the Black Sea have been suggested as the original homeland (Urheimat) of the speakers of the Proto-Indo-European language, (PIE) the progenitor of the Indo-European language family, by some scholars such as Marija Gimbutas; others move the heartland further east towards the Caspian Sea, yet others to Anatolia. Numerous ancient ports, some older than the Egyptian pyramids, line the Black Sea's coasts.
Quote:
Black Sea deluge hypothesis

The Black Sea deluge is a hypothesized catastrophic rise in the level of the Black Sea circa 5600 BC due to waters from the Mediterranean Sea breaching a sill in the Bosporus Strait. The hypothesis made headlines when The New York Times published it in December 1996, shortly before it was published in an academic journal. While it is agreed that the sequence of events described did occur, there is debate over the suddenness, dating and magnitude of the events.

Two opposing hypotheses have arisen to explain the rise of the Black Sea: gradual, and oscillating. The oscillating hypothesis specifies that over the last 30,000 years, water has intermittently flowed back and forth between the Black Sea and the Aegean Sea in relatively small magnitudes, and does not necessarily presuppose that there occurred any sudden "refilling" events.

Flood hypothesis

Black Sea today (light blue) and in 5600 BC (dark blue) according to Ryan and Pitman's hypothesis.

In 1997, William Ryan and Walter Pitman published evidence that a massive flooding of the Black Sea occurred about 5600 BC through the Bosporus, following this scenario. Before that date, glacial meltwater had turned the Black and Caspian Seas into vast freshwater lakes draining into the Aegean Sea.

As glaciers retreated, some of the rivers emptying into the Black Sea declined in volume and changed course to drain into the North Sea. The levels of the lakes dropped through evaporation, while changes in worldwide hydrology caused sea level to rise.

The rising Mediterranean finally spilled over a rocky sill at the Bosporus. The event flooded 155,000 km2 (60,000 sq mi) of land and significantly expanded the Black Sea shoreline to the north and west. According to the researchers, "40 km3 (10 cu mi) of water poured through each day, two hundred times what flows over Niagara Falls... The Bosporus flume roared and surged at full spate for at least three hundred days."

Samplings of sediments in the Black Sea by a series of expeditions carried out between 1998 and 2005 in the frame of a European Project ASSEMBLAGE and coordinated by a French oceanographer, Gilles Lericolais, brought some new inputs to the Ryan and Pitman's hypothesis. These results were also completed by the Noah project led by the Bulgarian Institute of Oceanography (IO-BAS). Furthermore, calculations made by Mark Siddall predicted an underwater canyon that was actually found.

In a series of expeditions, a team of marine archaeologists led by Robert Ballard identified what appeared to be ancient shorelines, freshwater snail shells, drowned river valleys, tool-worked timbers, and man-made structures in roughly 100 metres (330 ft) of water off the Black Sea coast of modern Turkey.

Before and after the flood, according to Ryan and Pitman

See also

Flood myth
Noah's Ark
Zanclean flood, Mediterranean Sea 5.33 million years ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_S...uge_hypothesis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sea
Old 22-10-2013, 02:12 AM   #3609
goodness
Inactive

Quote:
Holocene

The Holocene is a geological epoch which began at the end of the Pleistocene (at 11,700 calendar years BP) and continues to the present.

The Holocene is part of the Quaternary period. Its name comes from the Greek words ὅλος (holos, whole or entire) and καινός (kainos, new), meaning "entirely recent". It has been identified with the current warm period, known as MIS 1 and based on that past evidence, can be considered an interglacial in the current ice age.

The Holocene also encompasses within it the growth and impacts of the human species world-wide, including all its written history and overall significant transition toward urban living in the present. Human impacts of the modern era on the Earth and its ecosystems may be considered of global significance for future evolution of living species, including approximately synchronous lithospheric evidence, or more recently atmospheric evidence of human impacts. Given these, a new term Anthropocene, is specifically proposed and used informally only for the very latest part of modern history and of significant human impact since the epoch of the Neolithic Revolution (around 12,000 years BP).

Paleontologists have defined no faunal stages for the Holocene. If subdivision is necessary, periods of human technological development, such as the Mesolithic, Neolithic, and Bronze Age, are usually used. However, the time periods referenced by these terms vary with the emergence of those technologies in different parts of the world.[citation needed]

Climatically, the Holocene may be divided evenly into the Hypsithermal and Neoglacial periods; the boundary coincides with the start of the Bronze Age in European civilization. According to some scholars, a third division, the Anthropocene, began in the 18th century.

Geology
Holocene cinder cone volcano on State Highway 18 near Veyo, Utah

Continental motions due to plate tectonics are less than a kilometre over a span of only 10,000 years. However, ice melt caused world sea levels to rise about 35 m (115 ft) in the early part of the Holocene. In addition, many areas above about 40 degrees north latitude had been depressed by the weight of the Pleistocene glaciers and rose as much as 180 m (590 ft) due to post-glacial rebound over the late Pleistocene and Holocene, and are still rising today.[6]

The sea level rise and temporary land depression allowed temporary marine incursions into areas that are now far from the sea. Holocene marine fossils are known from Vermont, Quebec, Ontario, Maine, New Hampshire, and Michigan. Other than higher-latitude temporary marine incursions associated with glacial depression, Holocene fossils are found primarily in lakebed, floodplain, and cave deposits. Holocene marine deposits along low-latitude coastlines are rare because the rise in sea levels during the period exceeds any likely tectonic uplift of non-glacial origin.

The beginning of the Holocene corresponds with the beginning of the Mesolithic age in most of Europe; but in regions such as the Middle East and Anatolia with a very early neolithisation, Epipaleolithic is preferred in place of Mesolithic. Cultures in this period include: Hamburgian, Federmesser, and the Natufian culture, during which the oldest inhabited places still existing on Earth were first settled, such as Jericho in the Middle East

Many meteorite events which occurred in the Holocene have so far been found in Europe, in bodies of water such as the Indian Ocean and in Russia, near the remote region of Siberia. Siberia is also the site of a modern impact event in 1908 known as the Tunguska Event. It has been speculated that an impact such as that represented today by the Burckle Crater could have dramatically affected human culture in its early history by the creation of megatsunamis, perhaps inspiring deluge or inundation myths such as that of Noah's Flood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocene
Old 22-10-2013, 02:18 AM   #3610
welshwitch
Banned

Since it seems that the royals make their own rules - need to wear funny hats and crowns to simulate 'elongated' skulls - as does the Pope and various other suspect entities- I'd thought I'd continue with that theme of 'big-headed'

Seems pretty much common sense. Cranial deformation may change the shape of an infants skull -but it won't change the overall size.

Quote:
Thiss is the second skull from the Cambridge Illustrated History that I scanned.

Again we ask: what could cause a skull to be so severly enlarged? It is clearly not just "deformed."

Quote:
If we were to place an image of a normal, "deformed" skull on top of this specimen, I think we would find that there is no comparison in terms of cranial capacity. Again, we might think that something other than "head binding" is in operation here.

Quote:
An image accompanied this article which was a drawing and not an actual photograph. What we see here is clearly that the head binding practice did not alter the volume of the skull. It merely changed the shape.

In the "alien" skulls above, this is not the case. These skulls are almost double in cranial volume.

http://cassiopaea.xmystic.com/en/cass/monster.htm

So, I can quite accept that in various cultures, there may have been a practice of elongating skulls artificially.

However, it seems to me that it sort of equates to youngsters nowadays copying their screen and pop idols. Wearing the same clothes - some having plastic surgery to have features more like some sleb.

If the 'MYTH' that was handed down was that the 'demi-god' (pop star) or highest ranking ruler (g-d/film star) had a different shaped head - well I could grasp that some people might want to copy that.

However -it doesn't explain in the slightest how the original 'top dogs' had oddly shaped heads compared to us lesser mortals.

Does a differently shaped cranium change the relative brain functions- does it affect the pineal etc?

Have they gentically bred out of us the required physionomy to achieve our higher selves?

Is this why HATS and ridiculous headgear are worn by these latter day pompous ass imposters? Do they aspire to 'cranial deformity as a claim that they are descended from the g-d's and demi-gods?

Is it all part of the HOODWINK?

Is that why Savile liked to wear stupid hats?

TOP Hat

wiki
Quote:
The top hat is sometimes associated with the upper class,
Given their dogged adherence to RITUAL and SYMBOLISM - well it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest
Old 22-10-2013, 02:26 AM   #3611
welshwitch
Banned

Did she forget her dentures? *innocent face*
Old 22-10-2013, 02:31 AM   #3612
goodness
Inactive

Quote:

"The Deluge", frontispiece to Gustave Doré's illustrated edition of the Bible. Based on the story of Noah's Ark, this shows humans and a tiger doomed by the flood futilely attempting to save their children and cubs.

A flood myth or deluge myth is a symbolic narrative in which a great flood is sent by a deity, or deities, to destroy civilization in an act of divine retribution. Parallels are often drawn between the flood waters of these myths and the primeval waters found in certain creation myths, as the flood waters are described as a measure for the cleansing of humanity, in preparation for rebirth. Most flood myths also contain a culture hero, who strives to ensure this rebirth.

The flood myth motif is widespread among many cultures as seen in the Mesopotamian flood stories, the Puranas, Deucalion in Greek mythology, the Genesis flood narrative, and in the lore of the K'iche' and Maya peoples of Central America, the Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa tribe of Native Americans in North America, and the Muisca people in South America.

The Mesopotamian flood stories concern the epics of Ziusudra, Gilgamesh, and Atrahasis. In the Sumerian King List, it relies on the flood motif to divide its history into preflood and postflood periods. The preflood kings had enormous lifespans, whereas postflood lifespans were much reduced.

The Sumerian flood myth found in the Deluge tablet was the epic of Ziusudra, who heard the Divine Counsel to destroy humanity, in which he constructed a vessel that delivered him from great waters. In the Atrahasis version, the flood is a river flood.

Assyriologist George Smith translated the Babylonian account of the Great Flood in the 19th Century. Further discoveries produced several versions of the Mesopotamian flood myth, with the account that is closest to that in Genesis 6–9 found in a 700 BC Babylonian copy of the Epic of Gilgamesh.

In this work, the hero, Gilgamesh, meets the immortal man, Utnapishtim, and the latter describes how the god, Ea, instructed him to build a huge vessel in anticipation of a deity-created flood that would destroy the world; the vessel was not only intended for Utnapishtim, but was built to also protect his family, his friends and animals.

In Hindu mythology, texts such as the Satapatha Brahmana mention the puranic story of a great flood,wherein the Matsya Avatar of Vishnu warns the first man, Manu, of the impending flood, and also advises him to build a giant boat.

In the Genesis flood narrative, Yahweh decides to flood the earth because of the depth of the sinful state of mankind. Righteous Noah is given instructions to build an ark. When the ark is completed, Noah, his family, and representatives of all the animals of the earth are called upon to enter the ark. When the destructive flood begins, all life outside of the ark perishes. After the waters recede, all those aboard the ark disembark and have God's promise that He will never judge the earth with a flood again. He gives the rainbow as the sign of this promise.

In Plato's Timaeus, Timaeus says that because the Bronze race of Humans had been making wars constantly Zeus got angered and decided to punish humanity by a flood. Prometheus the Titan knew of this and told the secret to Deucalion, advising him to build an ark in order to be saved. After 9 nights and days the water started receding and the arc was landed at mount Parnassus.

In ancient Mesopotamia, the excavated cities of Shuruppak, Ur, Kish, Uruk, Lagash, and Ninevah all present evidence of flooding. However, the evidence comes from different times. In Israel, there is no such evidence of a widespread flood.

The geography of the Mesopotamian area was considerably changed by the filling of the Persian Gulf after sea waters rose following the last ice age. Global sea levels were about 120m lower up till 18,000 BP and rose till at 8,000 BP they reached the current levels, which are now an average 40m above the floor of the Gulf, which was a huge (800 km (500 mi) x 200 km (120 mi)) low-lying and fertile region in Mesopotamia, in which human habitation is thought to have been strong around the Gulf Oasis for 100,000 years. A sudden increase in settlements above the present water level is recorded at around 7,500 BP.

Nanabozho in Ojibwe flood story from an illustration by R.C. Armour, in his book North American Indian Fairy Tales, Folklore and Legends, (1905)

...proposes a silt dam near the Hormuz Strait which temporarily held back the rising sea levels. "If a breach in the dam was flowing at, say, 100 times the flow of the present-day Tigris and Euphrates, it would have taken several months for the Persian Gulf to fill - the exact sort of timing referred to by the flood account."

Speculation regarding the Deucalion myth has also been introduced, whereby a large tsunami in the Mediterranean Sea, caused by the Thera eruption (with an approximate geological date of 1630–1600 BC), is the myth's historical basis. Although the tsunami hit the South Aegean Sea and Crete it did not affect cities in the mainland of Greece, such as Mycenae, Athens, and Thebes, which continued to prosper, indicating that it had a local rather than a regionwide effect.

Another hypothesis is that a meteor or comet crashed into the Indian Ocean around 3000–2800 BC, created the 30 kilometres (19 mi) undersea Burckle Crater, and generated a giant tsunami that flooded coastal lands.

It has been postulated that the deluge myth in North America may be based on a sudden rise in sea levels caused by the rapid draining of prehistoric Lake Agassiz at the end of the last Ice Age, about 8,400 years ago.

One of the latest, and quite controversial, hypotheses of long term flooding is the Black Sea deluge hypothesis, which argues for a catastrophic deluge about 5600 BC from the Mediterranean Sea into the Black Sea. This has been the subject of considerable discussion.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deluge_%28mythology%29
Old 22-10-2013, 04:29 AM   #3613
white horse
Banned

Quote:

From the link

from the Cairo museum

Akhenaten's daughter

Mummy

It's the SCALE diff's and the skull shapes like shown here

What does MYTH mean?

Akhenaten is one of the most interesting pharaohs; it appears that he attempted to radically change the entire course of Egypt. The thinking is that the Egyptians had 'lost their way' and that Akhenaten was attempting to realign society to the old values, including reestablishing the old ways and the spiritualism of the past. He had a major problem realigning the priesthood, who had become corrupt and self serving, trying to keep the king as a powerless figurehead and the people serving the priesthood. He was mainly successful, with the help of his wife, Nefertiti, and his son, who upheld his rule and direction as his heir; however it then seems that his reign may possibly have been cut short - and then it was the turn of the junior Tutankhaten, who died early, and had his name changed from Tutankhaten to Tutankhamun.

Thus in only the second generation after Akhenaten's major revolution, the revolution had been stalled and the priesthood had fully restored the brief Aten (the sun) restoration, and moved back to the Amun (deity) worship.

Sorry, ,not much detail there, it's mainly from what I recall from the tombs I have read about this, I have lots of books around this area, and if I can crowbar some time in with the other Savile related projects I am trying to accomplish.

It seems that there are a lot of clues around Akhenaten...

Great stuff y'all
white horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 04:31 AM   #3614
white horse
Banned

Quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aten

Aten

Aten (also Aton, Egyptian jtn) is the disk of the sun in ancient Egyptian mythology, and originally an aspect of Ra. The deified Aten is the focus of the monolatristic, henotheistic, or monotheistic religion of Atenism established by Amenhotep IV, who later took the name Akhenaten in worship and recognition of Aten. In his poem "Great Hymn to the Aten", Akhenaten praises Aten as the creator, and giver of life. The worship of Aten was eradicated by Horemheb.
Old 22-10-2013, 06:34 AM   #3615
sunshine2012

Morning finished night shift and have Al Jazeera ch83 friewview (after discovering last week it reports other stuff ) on ...not really watching but after seeing (what I now know after watching in context was a wavform : the shape of sound) what I thought was an EQ being reported but then heard the topic of the report.... still relevent I think x

http://kroq.cbslocal.com/2013/01/21/...ts-of-torture/
Old 22-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #3616
white horse
Banned

[QUOTE=sunshine2012;1061797041]Morning finished night shift and have Al Jazeera ch83 friewview (after discovering last week it reports other stuff ) on ...not really watching but after seeing (what I now know after watching in context was a wavform : the shape of sound) what I thought was an EQ being reported but then heard the topic of the report.... still relevent I think x

This type of action has nothing to do with intelligence or even breaking down an enemy, it is all about finding vents for the US soldiers to allow the pressure to escape; there has to be an outlet. By torturing individuals soldiers are allowing the huge reservoirs of negative energy that builds up around active US forces to be released. It is almost like they are exorcising the evil of their commanders by personifying it. It reminds me of the Spanish inquisition and how they had no compassion when torturing in the name of the gentle Christ. It's also like keeping riot police held back and then letting them 'run riot' after winding them up it releases the energy.
Old 22-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #3617
welshwitch
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine2012 View Post
Morning finished night shift and have Al Jazeera ch83 friewview (after discovering last week it reports other stuff ) on ...not really watching but after seeing (what I now know after watching in context was a wavform : the shape of sound) what I thought was an EQ being reported but then heard the topic of the report.... still relevent I think x

http://kroq.cbslocal.com/2013/01/21/...ts-of-torture/

That is horrific and makes me think of Savile's quote about running his first discos - he revelled in the 'control over the people' that it gave him.

Can't find the exact quote now - but it echoes the usage described.

I looked at his bio on Amazon

How's About That Then? - Jimmy Savile

Quote:
There is also fascinating material relating to what Sir Jimmy termed 'the six women in his life' who looked after him in his six homes.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hows-About-.../dp/1905080301

That also stood out. I know of two names (Janet Cope and Mavis ?) - I don't have the book and don't know who the other four might be.

Can't believe they were wholly unaware of his ''lifestyle choices''- anymore than the torturers were unaware of their own inhuman and inhumane treatment of others.

No excuses for that level of depravity imo.
Old 22-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #3618
welshwitch
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by white horse View Post
Akhenaten is one of the most interesting pharaohs; it appears that he attempted to radically change the entire course of Egypt. The thinking is that the Egyptians had 'lost their way' and that Akhenaten was attempting to realign society to the old values, including reestablishing the old ways and the spiritualism of the past. He had a major problem realigning the priesthood, who had become corrupt and self serving, trying to keep the king as a powerless figurehead and the people serving the priesthood. He was mainly successful, with the help of his wife, Nefertiti, and his son, who upheld his rule and direction as his heir; however it then seems that his reign may possibly have been cut short - and then it was the turn of the junior Tutankhaten, who died early, and had his name changed from Tutankhaten to Tutankhamun.

Thus in only the second generation after Akhenaten's major revolution, the revolution had been stalled and the priesthood had fully restored the brief Aten (the sun) restoration, and moved back to the Amun (deity) worship.

Sorry, ,not much detail there, it's mainly from what I recall from the tombs I have read about this, I have lots of books around this area, and if I can crowbar some time in with the other Savile related projects I am trying to accomplish.

It seems that there are a lot of clues around Akhenaten...

Great stuff y'all
I'm recalling stuff I saw too- Aten - if I remember, tried to move the 'capital' and started a massive rebuilding. Must go back and research - as you say- I think a lot of clues lie there.
Old 22-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #3619
hangthedj
Banned

Powerful and important stuff everyone.

I have to keep saying it from time to time as reminded - I am convinced Savile was so involved with the spinal unit at Stoke Mandeville for cerebro-spinal fluids among other things (not only his horrific abuse of the most vulnerable patients).

With the close proximity to Chequers, the link to the paralympics...it's almost as if the whole set-up was planned from above...

Chakras and life force - these high level monsters know exactly what they are doing to these poor poor victims

Rational Enquirer highlighted ice cream vans. With a licence to roam the land with their deep freezers...well I won't go into the implications
hangthedj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #3620
hangthedj
Banned

On a very much brighter note, a thread about a free (for now) film about grounding called...Grounded

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showt...post1061797250

Watched up to 33:30 so far and some really nice moments. A two day-old orphaned baby moose kept in a metal trailer instinctively nestles up on the grounding mat - not the hay.
hangthedj is offline   Reply With Quote