Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News

Old 21-02-2013, 09:01 AM   #1
positive_forward

Default 200,000 March AGAINST Gay Rights (Puerto Rico)

Reaffirm the values of the "traditional" family and fight against gay rights, that was the mission of a group of more than 200,000 faithful Christians who met in "Puerto Rico Stands Up", one of the largest pro-family demonstrations ever held in the U.S. commonwealth.

According to Puerto Rican daily El Vocero, from the early hours of Monday morning, members of different Christian denominations from all parts of the island began to gather in front of the Capitol building in the city capital of San Juan, paralyzing traffic in and out of the area.

With gospel music and banners alluding to the defense of exclusive marriage between men and women, participants also protested statements made by government officials seeking to grant rights to gay couples through new legislations.

Cesar Vazquez Muñiz, spokesman of Puerto Rico for the Family, the organization behind the activity, explained their purpose was to protect marriage and family values that would later affect future generations.

"We are concerned that laws will be created to discriminate against the church... We are concerned that public education will be used to change our children, presenting them with behaviors their parents don’t think are correct," said Vazquez in an interview with El Vocero. "This demonstration tells the government that there are things that they cannot touch and those are marriage and family."

Although its presence wasn't as strong, a counter protest was also held by religious leaders and followers near the area in support of gay rights. The group repudiated the expressions made by the religious movement and demanded measures to promote equality.

"One of the struggles I've had with the church is its sexist and homophobic message, and obviously when I see that they are using the resources they have to promote discrimination I cannot stay quiet because that is not the message of God," said Pastor Yenen Silén to Univision.

Other leaders, like Puerto Rican human rights activist Pedro Julio Serrano, also made use of social media platforms to label the event as "full of hate and intolerance."

"Today was a day filled with hatred and intolerance against the LGBT community. Thousands went to the Capitol, deceived by their leaders, supposedly to ‘defend the family’, but that was the least of what they did,” he said on Monday on his Facebook account. "You don’t defend a family by denying rights to its most vulnerable members, attacking the dignity of any human being with hate, discrimination, intolerance and exclusion."

Meanwhile, at a press conference, the new governor of the island Alejandro García Padilla said he will keep defending the rights of all communities, without exception or discrimination by sexual orientation, yet he reaffirmed his position not supporting gay marriage.

"I have met with both sides of the leadership. As governor I react to reason, not pressure. My government is a government of inclusion, we all live in this country, we are all responsible for a better country," said Governor Alejandro García Padilla to Univision.

"I favor the law 54 which protects domestic partnership... As for marriage, I do not agree that it should be anything except between man and woman. But the rights that are guaranteed to people are those we have to look for and secure for all human beings," he added.

The protest comes at a time when Puerto Rico's legislature is reviewing a new amendment to Law 54, which would protect all couples, regardless of marital status or sexual orientation, of domestic violence. In addition, members of the House of Representatives are also working on a bill that would prohibit discrimination due to sexual orientation in the work place.

Although the numbers of attendees haven’t been officially released by the authorities, Christian leaders claim between 200,000 to 268,000 people attended the event. The largest demonstration of this type reported so far was in France, which gathered 340,000 at the beginning of the year.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...ide=more281865

Pics & more links at link.
positive_forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
grandmasterp
Banned

200,000 Puerto Ricans have spoken!
Amazing there are that many left there, I thought that they were all either over here or in the USA working cash in hand jobs
Very influential is Puerto Rico on the world stage.
We'd all be paying a lot more for our houses to be cleaned were it not for Puerto Rico.

Last edited by grandmasterp; 21-02-2013 at 11:02 AM.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
turquoisefire777

i wonder how much this whole gay thing is really controlled?

here we have a stand up comedian making fun of gays on the left side of the stage, and on the right........the gay rainbow colors:

ANDREW DICE CLAY DIRTY JOKES

turquoisefire777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
shakerr

Maybe the Puerto Ricans are fed up with constant bombardment by the zionist media of gay issues. shows like "modern family" spewing filth on a daily basis.

I can take it this protest didn't involve Leather, whips or any genitalia.
Old 21-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #5
grandmasterp
Banned

More likely they were just observant Roman Catholics doing what their parish priest , under orders from his Bishop; told them to do.
Bit sad really given the high numbers of gay men attracted to work in that priesthood.

Last edited by grandmasterp; 21-02-2013 at 11:13 AM.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 12:10 PM   #6
mightiswrong
Banned

UK pushes to outlaw reparative therapy ahead of gay 'marriage' vote
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/uk-...-marriage-vote

Panel calls reparative therapy for homosexuals a human rights violation
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/pan...ghts-violation
mightiswrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
cleisthenes

Meh, 200k Puerto Ricans can come farm my field.
cleisthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #8
thetruthcollector
Banned

Who cares really...they're allowed to protest if they want.
thetruthcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 12:17 AM   #9
bendoon

A couple of months back there were huge protests against gay marriage in France.

Things like this where people are protesting the NWO agenda give me hope for the future, real people engaging in protests rather than the controlled stuff like OWS..

The Beast from the sea with 7 heads, 10 horns and 10 crowns has been wounded to one of the heads, the 2 horned beast from the earth commanded us to worship the 7 headed beast but on 23rd June 2016 we said no.

Don't forget, everything is foretold you just need to have the eyes to see and the ears to hear.

Last edited by bendoon; 22-02-2013 at 12:18 AM.
bendoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 05:22 AM   #10
mightiswrong
Banned

It's a joke really. Gay people are not interested in marriage. They are being used to try and destroy love for everyone. Dark forces at work but love is stronger. This year. This year we can't afford to waste. Massive progress starting today. Everyone together to ensure critical steps forward already now.
mightiswrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #11
chockimon

Aren't these the same people who believe in the Chupacabra. Not exactly the most credible people.

http://www.princeton.edu/~accion/chupa.html
chockimon is offline   Reply With Quote