Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 13-02-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
chockimon

Default Remembering 1960s Afghanistan

Remembering 1960s Afghanistan, the photographs of Bill Podlich.

I came across these photos and thought I would share them. A trip down memory lane, Afghanistan in the 1960's before conflict ruined the country. Hopefully someday soon, Afghanistan will once again be peaceful and tranquil.

Photos of Afghanistan in the 1960's.
http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured...s-photos/5846/

Afghanistan today.
http://afghanistan-photogallery.blogspot.co.uk/
chockimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #2
vorwahr
Inactive

good find ,
I can't help but think the country today looks very similar as if caught in time ,

only today it's war scarred I guess .
vorwahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #3
h2pogo
Inactive

I knew several people that traveled around Afghanistan in the 60-70s they all said it was the most friendly welcoming hospitable of places..Makes me sick what the bastards have done to all the great free ungoverned place on earth.

Shame this in french there is a similar vid in english.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXTCmr2chjI

Last edited by h2pogo; 13-02-2013 at 11:23 PM.
h2pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #4
chockimon

If you read the captions below each picture, it's explains some of the differences. I don't think you had as much extremism back then and people were a lot happier. You're right, Afghanistan hasn't changed much, simply because it hasn't had a chance too with other countries exploiting it for it's resources and leaving it in ruins. A great shame, but hopefully someday it can regain at least some of it's former glory.

Once Upon a Time in Afghanistan…
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/article...in_afghanistan

Old 13-02-2013, 11:19 PM   #5
matematik
Banned

Islam is a cancer. It stunts development in just about every country it infects.

It turns a country's inhabitants into mindless savages who respect no one but an imaginary skygod.

Last edited by matematik; 13-02-2013 at 11:20 PM.
matematik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 11:24 PM   #6
chockimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2pogo View Post
I knew several people that traveled around Afghanistan in the 60-70s they all said it was the most friendly welcoming hospitable of places..Makes me sick what the bastards have done to all the great free place on earth.
I totally agree and what's even more sickening is the majority of people of those countries who have attacked, raped and pillaged countries like Afghanistan, don't seem to give a damn.

Watching the videos of Afghanistan in the 60's, it certainly looks very hospitable. It's hard to believe it's the same country.
Old 13-02-2013, 11:37 PM   #7
chockimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by matematik View Post
Islam is a cancer. It stunts development in just about every country it infects.

It turns a country's inhabitants into mindless savages who respect no one but an imaginary skygod.
To tarnish all people with the same brush is unjust, because not all people are the same, regardless of what religion they believe in. It's like saying all the people of Iran are savages, when that simply isn't true. I wouldn't exactly say that Britain and America are socially that different. I bet if mainland Britain and America were being exploited by other countries and having the crap bombed out them year after year, it would be exactly the same story. However, it's the American and British governments who are the imperialists and it's obvious who the real savages are. Also who do you think is arming and funding all these extremist religious groups? The same countries.
Old 13-02-2013, 11:42 PM   #8
h2pogo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chockimon View Post
I totally agree and what's even more sickening is the majority of people of those countries who have attacked, raped and pillaged countries like Afghanistan, don't seem to give a damn.

Watching the videos of Afghanistan in the 60's, it certainly looks very hospitable. It's hard to believe it's the same country.
They were very open and tolerant especially to hippies and travelers as Afghanistan was on the greatest trade route, they accepted immigrants and the like with open arms..Also There was no police the people policed them selves..
True Islamic countries like that simply are not allowed to exist.

Tptb are quite effectively making people very ignorant.
h2pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 11:51 PM   #9
rizzy
Banned

Quote:

its better if you read more and talk less.
rizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 11:56 PM   #10
matematik
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chockimon View Post
To tarnish all people with the same brush is unjust, because not all people are the same, regardless of what religion they believe in. It's like saying all the people of Iran are savages, when that simply isn't true. I wouldn't exactly say that Britain and America are socially that different. I bet if mainland Britain and America were being exploited by other countries and having the crap bombed out them year after year, it would be exactly the same story. However, it's the American and British governments who are the imperialists and it's obvious who the real savages are. Also who do you think is arming and funding all these extremist religious groups? The same countries.
England has been exploited by foreigners for centuries. Most of our ruling classes and establishment aren't English.

The vast majority of British imperialists were Scottish and Irish, not English.

Last edited by matematik; 13-02-2013 at 11:56 PM.
matematik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #11
rizzy
Banned

Quote:
England has been exploited by foreigners for centuries. Most of our ruling classes and establishment aren't English.
you ever heard about the British empire that exploited other countries for over 200 years!!

Last edited by rizzy; 14-02-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old 14-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #12
sandwarrior

Quote:

Travelled to any of these savage places have you?

Abhorrent.

Enlightenment is: Absolute co-operation with the inevitable.
sandwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #13
evilc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzy View Post
you ever heard about the British empire that exploited other countries for over 200 years!!
Well the people certainly are smiling in the 1960`s. No smiling now buddy and when Taliban are 100% in charge then it will be hell on earth and smiling will be banished for ever.

They are evil personified and if true Islam were worth fuck all they would sort taliban out once and for all.
evilc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #14
rizzy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilc View Post
Well the people certainly are smiling in the 1960`s. No smiling now buddy and when Taliban are 100% in charge then it will be hell on earth and smiling will be banished for ever.

They are evil personified and if true Islam were worth fuck all they would sort taliban out once and for all.
wait a minute.....

lol..

when the taliban were in charge my friend heroine production was at zero percent,

its HELL for them NOW under the British and American rule. more civilians are dying NOW then under the TALIBAN

what the fuck are you on about !?????
Old 14-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #15
evilc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzy View Post
wait a minute.....

lol..

when the taliban were in charge my friend heroine production was at zero percent,

its HELL for them NOW under the British and American rule. more civilians are dying NOW then under the TALIBAN

what the fuck are you on about !?????
You are a wrong Man. The Taliban are making everybody in Afghanistan weep. Look at the the photographic proof . They are evil and those that support and appease them are therefore evil.
Old 14-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #16
rizzy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilc View Post
You are a wrong Man. The Taliban are making everybody in Afghanistan weep. Look at the the photographic proof . They are evil and those that support and appease them are therefore evil.

the people of Afghanistan want TALIBAN rule back, crime was at all time LOW, no one was ripping anyone off when the taliban ruled, UN praised the taliban for the zero tolerance of opium growing, in fact anyone caught growing opium were hanged, and NOW under the British in helmand opium production has risen by 800% ??

whats more evil though ? using drones to blow up women and children??
!!
remember something very important NO TALIBAN has ever attacked UK

there you go in 1 season the TALIBAN wiped out opium

Quote:
Taliban's Ban On Poppy A Success, U.S. Aides Say
By BARBARA CROSSETTE
Published: May 20, 2001

The first American narcotics experts to go to Afghanistan under Taliban rule have concluded that the movement's ban on opium-poppy cultivation appears to have wiped out the world's largest crop in less than a year, officials said today.

The American findings confirm earlier reports from the United Nations drug control program that Afghanistan, which supplied about three-quarters of the world's opium and most of the heroin reaching Europe, had ended poppy planting in one season.

and 6 months late September 2001 they invaded Afghanistan..

nice try mr jingoistic......

Last edited by rizzy; 14-02-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 14-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #17
evilc

Easy to see it`s friday.

Last edited by evilc; 14-02-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 14-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #18
thief_at_the_window

Location: Right now? in-between yours and my world, i think....

Where did it all go so wrong, id of loved to some of the old hippy routes back in the day, especially the silk road.

No chance of that now, fucking arms dealers and resource thieves.
thief_at_the_window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #19
evilc

big +1
Old 14-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #20
picklez01

Well, say what you want about islam, if you consider islam to be more of a threat to humanity than western empires you're not very smart imo.
picklez01 is offline   Reply With Quote