Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News

Old 27-01-2013, 08:06 PM   #1
gremlin

Default The modern office rewards narcissists and psychopa

The modern office rewards narcissists and psychopaths, say scientists

Psychologist Oliver James reveals the darker side of office politics
Those who display the most selfishness and deviousness rise to the top
Narcissistic and Machiavellian tendencies thrive in the workplace

If it feels like your work colleagues are constantly plotting against you in the office, your suspicions may be more than mere paranoia.

For a new study claims that offices are full of awkward personalities, including 'psychopath' bosses who are vying for domination and attention.

Oliver James, the psychologist and broadcaster, has identified three types of dysfunctional personalities among professional workers: psychopath, Machiavellian, and narcissist.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2JCyZeuGE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

No shit sherlock.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he doesn't exist." we live in satan world.

Last edited by gremlin; 27-01-2013 at 08:07 PM.
gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #2
mightiswrong
Banned

Why your boss could easily be a psychopath
Quote:
Troublesome colleagues are likely to harbour a "dark triad" of psychopathic tendencies, Machiavellian cunning and narcissistic selfishness, according to a new study.
Office workers 'can be psychopaths, Machiavellians, and narcissists'
Among the examples of these 'triadics' he gives is the fictional Mafia boss Tony Soprano
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...sychopath.html
mightiswrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
grandmasterp
Banned

Article about that study in Sunday Times today.
He's got it about right I reckon.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
newsnight

psychopathy is my fave research topic for the past 2 years. the things are everywhere. they crave control over others and although often hard to spot, people often report a feeling that they're somehow "not quite human", which they are not. i trust my instinct to try to identify/avoid the things.
newsnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 03:35 AM   #5
ritchs

There was a book called "The Sociopath Next Door" by Martha Stout PhD, an interesting read and really lays it all out chapter and verse.

Because they have no compassion or scruples, they are over represented in the top tiers of any power structure.

Dictatorships, the Mafia, and the Corporate Boardroom. They vary from petty little back biting pricks to the Hollywood homicidal Hannibal Lecters. They claw their way to the top and find all manner of justifications for their behavior. they especially love becoming power figures like policemen
"All is fair in love and war" and other sayings.

They also have "secondary psychopaths" who acquire their traits in order to fit in and survive. If you look weak and detest blood, you will be spotted right away in the Sicilian Mafia. So they commit murders and psych themselves into fitting in

They have fucked up this planet. They are the would be cullers that should be culled

Frightening Fact: they are 4% of the population. that means 1 in 25 people are one.

Richard Kucklinski, contract mob assassin was one. A chilling interview , Kuklinski gets diagnosed by a psychiatrist

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
ritchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 03:37 AM   #6
nofuture
Premier Subscribers

Satan rules OK

Frankie Boyle
nofuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 03:38 AM   #7
tangodeltafoxtrot
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
No shit sherlock.
Yep. It's pretty obvious at this point.

Bad people prosper and ascend the corporate line, good people are kept down and bullied into toeing the line.

A massively fucked up system - endemically and systematically corrupt. The corruption is coded in to the system - once you play the game, you're indebted to them.

But i have another path and another way.

Last edited by tangodeltafoxtrot; 28-01-2013 at 03:46 AM.
tangodeltafoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 03:51 AM   #8
mightiswrong
Banned

What is the effect of the psycos and narcassists on so called normal people?

I have found quite a good website that talks about Narcissistic Victim Syndrome that may cover some possibilites.
http://narcissisticbehavior.net/cate...ictim-syndrome

Last edited by mightiswrong; 28-01-2013 at 03:52 AM.
mightiswrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 04:18 AM   #9
nofuture
Premier Subscribers

Icke's old mate Jon Ronson has a book about all this caper,called the Psychopath Test. I have it but haven't got round to reading it yet.

Frankie Boyle

Last edited by nofuture; 28-01-2013 at 04:21 AM.
nofuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 04:44 AM   #10
infinite i

So true recently met this guy through a friend, hes a very rich business guy and young but hes a complete wanker, total control freak and treats people like shit because he has money. Total narcissist/sociopath and probably a psychopath. Hes just like those people from that programme the apprentice, exactly like that. And hes desperate for friends, because hes a wanker no one wants to be his friend, I started hanging around with him thinking he was ok as hes from the same country from me as im abroad, then your like what the hell am I doing hanging around with a complete dick like this. He gets ignored now and he wonders whats wrong, im too nice to give him his character and tell him hes scum, hes like the typical rich man who trys to buy friends and love and its not gonnay happen, well could but its going to be false.

The Spice expands conciousness

The Spice is vital for space travel
infinite i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 05:44 AM   #11
motleyhoo

The worst part is, these psychopaths are the ones who actually make it to the top. Normal people simply do not have that kind of heartless mentality, and unfortunately being heartless is what leads to success in materialistic societies. That's why the top tiers of everything from corporations, to banking, to politics are all being run by psychopaths. It doesn't matter how much money and power and control these kind of people have it will never be enough.

The unfortunate thing is, we are never going to get rid of these freaks by thinking happy thoughts and spreading good cheer across facebook, forums, blogs, and what have you. Bullets to their heads is the only solution.

"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it ... It is not a field of a few acres of ground, but a cause, that we are defending, and whether we defeat the enemy in one battle, or by degrees, the consequences will be the same." -- Thomas Paine
motleyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 06:31 AM   #12
sarge sharpei

http://gawker.com/5187365/what-shall...-paulsons-book

hank paulson
Case study in psychopathy.
Probably everyone at Goldmansux also.
The epitaph that I would write for history would say: I conceal nothing. It is not enough not to lie. One should strive not to lie in a negative sense by remaining silent. -Leo Tolstoy, novelist and philosopher (1828-1910)

If we ask, "Cui Bono"?, many questions are answered

Last edited by sarge sharpei; 28-01-2013 at 06:33 AM.
sarge sharpei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #13
infinite i

Quote:
Originally Posted by motleyhoo View Post
The worst part is, these psychopaths are the ones who actually make it to the top. Normal people simply do not have that kind of heartless mentality, and unfortunately being heartless is what leads to success in materialistic societies. That's why the top tiers of everything from corporations, to banking, to politics are all being run by psychopaths. It doesn't matter how much money and power and control these kind of people have it will never be enough.

The unfortunate thing is, we are never going to get rid of these freaks by thinking happy thoughts and spreading good cheer across facebook, forums, blogs, and what have you. Bullets to their heads is the only solution.

Your right agree except the bullets to the head thats a bit much.

The Spice expands conciousness

The Spice is vital for space travel
infinite i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #14
newsnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofuture View Post
Icke's old mate Jon Ronson has a book about all this caper,called the Psychopath Test. I have it but haven't got round to reading it yet.

The Psychopath Test: Amazon.co.uk: Jon Ronson: Books
i wouldn't bother with that, it's garbage. i would recommend you go straight to the top and read without conscience by dr robert hare, the top man on psychopathy and the creator of the pcl-r. the sociopath next door is good, and political ponerology is magnificent although very difficult to read.
Old 28-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #15
newsnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchs View Post
There was a book called "The Sociopath Next Door" by Martha Stout PhD, an interesting read and really lays it all out chapter and verse.

Because they have no compassion or scruples, they are over represented in the top tiers of any power structure.

Dictatorships, the Mafia, and the Corporate Boardroom. They vary from petty little back biting pricks to the Hollywood homicidal Hannibal Lecters. They claw their way to the top and find all manner of justifications for their behavior. they especially love becoming power figures like policemen
"All is fair in love and war" and other sayings.

They also have "secondary psychopaths" who acquire their traits in order to fit in and survive. If you look weak and detest blood, you will be spotted right away in the Sicilian Mafia. So they commit murders and psych themselves into fitting in

They have fucked up this planet. They are the would be cullers that should be culled

Frightening Fact: they are 4% of the population. that means 1 in 25 people are one.

Richard Kucklinski, contract mob assassin was one. A chilling interview , Kuklinski gets diagnosed by a psychiatrist

The Iceman Tapes - Inside The Mind Of A Mafia Hitman - YouTube
these are good videos and the iceman book is excellent although many of kuklinski's claims are nebulous, for example his claim to the hit on roy demeo. kuklinski was a ponerised person, but not a genetic psychopath. i'm sceptical about the 4% figure, i think dr hare's 1% figure is more likely, at least for genetic psychos and not secondary psychos and other ponerised individuals. the figures of 4-6% could apply for the power professions though for sure, maybe even higher.
Old 28-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #16
theroach
Inactive

theroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #17
vorwahr
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofuture View Post
Satan rules OK
bump .
vorwahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #18
motleyhoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmt head View Post
Your right agree except the bullets to the head thats a bit much.
What's your solution, sit ins and hunger strikes?

"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it ... It is not a field of a few acres of ground, but a cause, that we are defending, and whether we defeat the enemy in one battle, or by degrees, the consequences will be the same." -- Thomas Paine
motleyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #19
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
The modern office rewards narcissists and psychopaths, say scientists

Psychologist Oliver James reveals the darker side of office politics
Those who display the most selfishness and deviousness rise to the top
Narcissistic and Machiavellian tendencies thrive in the workplace

If it feels like your work colleagues are constantly plotting against you in the office, your suspicions may be more than mere paranoia.

For a new study claims that offices are full of awkward personalities, including 'psychopath' bosses who are vying for domination and attention.

Oliver James, the psychologist and broadcaster, has identified three types of dysfunctional personalities among professional workers: psychopath, Machiavellian, and narcissist.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2JCyZeuGE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

No shit sherlock.
I've realised many years ago, it's not about your talent and ability at work. It's about who you sleep with. For example, just sleep with that all so important HR babe, keep her sweet and you'll be promoted

My neighbours are also psycopaths and they hate to be controlled. For the hell of it, I do it in a sneaky way and they get mad.

Anyone suggest me to a good website 'how to be narcissist'? My parents are but I just don't seems to be able to behave as one. I think you've either got it or you don't.

Last edited by elshaper; 28-01-2013 at 04:26 PM.
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #20
ritchs

They have been with us since the dawn of time. Sometimes I can not make up my mind whether it comes primarily from genetics or environment. We could use dna-gene therapy, problem is, that most of the present people in top fields are psychopaths, so good luck with that.

The iceman video i posted above was stunning in that the psychologist points out that Kuklinski was abused as a child by both parents to a marked degree, leaving him damaged goods. His genetic side was already there and ripe for making him so cruel in the end. The shrink did point out that his fearless characteristics could have been positively channeled for society had he a good family upbringing with love instead of cruelty. He could have made a marvelous leader as a soldier, paratrooper, sports athlete (downhill skiing, diver), policeman, test pilot and other very high risk jobs where a low threshold of fear is an asset.

Genetics is half the picture, and messing with them is a slippery slope. I am feeling it is both nature and nurture

I think we are missing an opportunity for spotting them early in schools, where the classic school yard bully dominates and has a gang of wannabe bullies. The other extreme of this intervention is like that recently news 5 yr old girl was grilled for threatening someone with a bubble gun. When I was a kid we role played war and cowboys and indians without becoming societal misfits

Spiritually inclined folks will think we are leaving out the basic nature of a particular soul

I must confess that the psychopaths only comprise a portion of the sick people. There are schizoid, paranoid and total neurotics in the herd. I fear all those people to remain sane whn there is a complete economic collapse of the banking system. This collapse is absolutely planned and is part of Agenda 21. Picture the worst argument you had with your wife or a mate and imagine everyone acting like that

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Last edited by ritchs; 28-01-2013 at 05:30 PM.
ritchs is offline   Reply With Quote