Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News

Old 15-01-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
gremlin

Default Collapsed HMV refuses to accept gift vouchers

Collapsed HMV refuses to accept gift vouchers as more than 4,000 workers face the axe and administrators warn of mass store closures

Retailer has struggled in the face of growing demand for digital downloads
Company had a poor Christmas sales period despite 35% sales reduction
Almost 300 stores and 4,350 staff face uncertainty as negotiations unfold
Administrator announces gift cards will not be accepted in stores

Thousands of gift cards given as Christmas presents are worthless as HMV announced it would no longer accept vouchers after collapsing into administration.

The historic music shop has become the latest high street victim of the financial crisis and double-dip recession, and its 4,000 employees are facing the axe if a 'white knight' rescuer cannot be found for the chain.

City firm Deloitte was brought in to take charge last night after crisis talks failed to find another solution - putting HMV on course to be the second household name to go under this year.

Today it was revealed that the chain will no longer accept gift cards and vouchers as Deloitte takes charge of the 238 stores.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2I2FAfI9B
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Quote:
Collapsed HMV refuses to accept gift vouchers
That is so mean they take queeny head gift vouchers.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he doesn't exist." we live in satan world.
gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
truthspoon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
Collapsed HMV refuses to accept gift vouchers as more than 4,000 workers face the axe and administrators warn of mass store closures.

But they took the money when they sold the vouchers.

That's just unbeleivable. Sheer banditry.

Maybe now all these giant music stores are going tits up it's time for a welcome return of the local vinyl-cd shop.

Last edited by truthspoon; 15-01-2013 at 09:48 AM.
truthspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #3
sandfordhilldave
Inactive

literlly minutes ago i used my hmv voucher. removed securitu tag myself b4 going to the checkout. queued up and waited my turn.
the cashier scanned the cd then placed it on the counter. i picked it up, slapped my voucher on the counter, told her to keep the change and walked off.
within seconds two security guards approached me as i left the store.

they immediately told me to follow them. i recognised one of them from the next estate across from where i live so i told him straight up that i will be round to see him when he finishes his shift if he didnt let me leave with my cd.

He let me leave lol.

I am half expecting a visit from plod now.

just thought id share.
sandfordhilldave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #4
truthspoon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandfordhilldave View Post
literlly minutes ago i used my hmv voucher. removed securitu tag myself b4 going to the checkout. queued up and waited my turn.
the cashier scanned the cd then placed it on the counter. i picked it up, slapped my voucher on the counter, told her to keep the change and walked off.

they immediately told me to follow them. i recognised one of them from the next estate across from where i live so i told him straight up that i will be round to see him when he finishes his shift if he didnt let me leave with my cd.

He let me leave lol.

just thought id share.
A tale of modern day heroism. Good on ya.
Old 15-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #5
sandfordhilldave
Inactive

thanks mate.
just rushing home to remove any dodgy items from my house. Hope plod dont come but shall chain big dog up by the front door in case. funny watching plod wave from the end of the driveway trying to get my attention.
gonna keep camcorder handy just incase.
Old 15-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #6
jimmi

Well done Dave!

The bastards that were running the company knew that they were closing but still they took money for those vouchers.
That is theft and fraud in my eyes, but will they face justice?

Last edited by jimmi; 15-01-2013 at 10:04 AM. Reason: spellin
jimmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #7
newjersey

Quote:

He let me leave lol.

just thought id share.
Bravo. When you know politeness will be seen as a weakness, disregard it as an option.
newjersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #8
huyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi View Post
Well done Dave!

The bastards that were running the company knew that they were closing but still they took money for those vouchers.
no lol, game did the same thing and got away with it.
David Cameron. An Epitome of Evil Ep2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYljp...e=results_main
huyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #9
beast

Quote:
thanks mate.
just rushing home to remove any dodgy items from my house. Hope plod dont come but shall chain big dog up by the front door in case. funny watching plod wave from the end of the driveway trying to get my attention.
gonna keep camcorder handy just incase.
Just don't answer the door.
Old 15-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #10
hercules

Good on yer mate. More people should do the same as you .

Makes me sick that they were still selling Vouchers right till the bitter end, when they knew where the business was heading!!

If two guards had grabbed me over this, I'd have been tempted to bounce them.

Has the plod been round yet? Did the store take your name and address?

I wish everyone else who has these vouchers would do the same!!
Old 15-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #11
kiwimaj
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi View Post
Well done Dave!

+1...Indeed!!!
kiwimaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #12
jimmi

My missus bought the wrong type of printer cartridge from Currys, when she took it back to exchange it for the correct one Currys refused because they were, by then, in administration.

I feel like Dave has got us a bit of payback
Old 15-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #13
ennui

You shouldn't get a visit from plod as you've effectively paid for the CD. That they aren't taking vouchers is a civil matter.

You need to use these vouchers up quick these days....I've still got some Our Price vouchers.

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.
ennui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 12:16 PM   #14
borsabil

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate View Post
But they took the money when they sold the vouchers.

That's just unbeleivable. Sheer banditry.

Maybe now all these giant music stores are going tits up it's time for a welcome return of the local vinyl-cd shop.
Nope. A 'gift card' is in fact an unsecured credit note. Holding a gift card makes you an unsecured creditor of the business you purchased it from. In bankruptcy that puts you right at the back of the que. The only hope that these will be honored is if the business is sold as a going concern and the new owners decide that stiffing thousands of customers is probably not a good way to start off.
borsabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #15
sandfordhilldave
Inactive

no plod.......yet.

no i didnt give any details to anyone. i didnt give security much chance to talk tbh. im not a nasty bloke but my nasty side did briefly show itself. im not willing to put word for word what i said on a public forum.
In truth, i think i only got away with it because i know of one of the security guards and i let him know that i knew who he was.

Should have filmed it :-(

Ive got a good vid where i had a bit of fun with two G4 security guards at the jobcentre but is too incriminating against myself to post. I handled the situation really badly truth be told but watching the two guards faces is priceless.
Old 15-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #16
borsabil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennui View Post
You shouldn't get a visit from plod as you've effectively paid for the CD. That they aren't taking vouchers is a civil matter.

You need to use these vouchers up quick these days....I've still got some Our Price vouchers.
Yeah you'd think but it isn't what the law says. Any business can refuse to accept any type of payment for goods. If they say they won't take a gift card in exchange for goods then that's that. I wouldn't call it theft, but the law would.
Old 15-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #17
truthspoon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsabil View Post
Nope. A 'gift card' is in fact an unsecured credit note. Holding a gift card makes you an unsecured creditor of the business you purchased it from. In bankruptcy that puts you right at the back of the que. The only hope that these will be honored is if the business is sold as a going concern and the new owners decide that stiffing thousands of customers is probably not a good way to start off.

Nope what? They didn't take money when they sold the vouchers?

Nope that it isn't banditry?

Doesn't matter what 'technical' gloss you put on it, anyone with an ounce of common sense can tell it's bang wrong.

Last edited by truthspoon; 15-01-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 15-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #18
borsabil

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate View Post
Nope what? They didn't take money when they sold the vouchers?

Nope that it isn't banditry?

Doesn't matter what 'technical' gloss you put on it, anyone with an ounce of common sense can tell it's bang wrong.
I'm not trying to justify anything, I think it sucks, but if you read the fine print of the terms and conditions when you buy these things thats what it says. When you're buying a gift card you're purchasing an unsecured promissory note. Why they're so popular is a mystery, we have this wonderful invention called cash, if you give that as a present your loved one can go buy whatever they want, wherever they want, and not have to worry about some shonky business going belly up. A triumph of marketing over logic.

Last edited by borsabil; 15-01-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old 15-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #19
kaiser

Nicely done SHDave!

IT beggers belief that these vile companys treat there customers in such a way no wonder they are going bust!

I dont think plod will bother you tbh, unless the manager makes a complaint of theft or the guard claims assault. With the manager knowing his days are numbered I should imagine he would shrug his shoulders and go somthing like, Ahhhh, wellll.... just before he runs back to the supply room to finish filling his redundancy booty boxes up
For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. ........Ecclesiastes 1:17-18

Now choose; Red or Blue.
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #20
elshaper
Inactive

The message is simples.
In this economy, do not buy Gift Cards cos you never know, the shop might collapse the following week. This keeps happening.
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote