Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News

Old 18-08-2012, 08:16 AM   #1
gremlin

Default Pensioner discovers 'miracle cure' for arthritis

Pensioner discovers 'miracle cure' for arthritis after glueing 2p coins to the inside of his shoes

Johnny Franks, 85, read that copper could help him bend his knees so stuck some in his trainers
He said he couldn't bend his knees but a month after wearing the shoes he is 'cured'
Experts are split on whether his new soles are actually working

The medical world has long debated whether copper can help ease the pain of arthritis.

While some sufferers swear by a bracelet, others use expensive insoles.

Johnny Franks, however, reckons he’s found the cheapest aid of all – 2p pieces glued to the inside of his shoes.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz23sqEkXOJ

Another reason to get rid of coins and notes and go digital?

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he doesn't exist." we live in satan world.
gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #2
thecatsmeow
Banned

Great story

2p's are cheap so I'd be surprised if they got rid of them unless it was to replace them with something cheaper...but then they'd be making £1 coins from copper wouldn't they!
thecatsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #3
mrunhappy
Banned

There is I believe a pharmaceutical treatment for arthritis using real gold. Copper isn't the only metal believed to help....
mrunhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #4
mrunhappy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsmeow View Post
Great story

2p's are cheap so I'd be surprised if they got rid of them unless it was to replace them with something cheaper...but then they'd be making £1 coins from copper wouldn't they!
There is very little copper in a 1p or 2p. Stick a magnet on one, they are mostly steel. Copper content has reduced over the years and was reduced further sometime last decade when it was realised that people were melting them down. Briefly, as copper prices increased, there was a time when you could get more than 2p of copper from a 2p coin.

Last edited by Mr Happy; 18-08-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 18-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #5
thecatsmeow
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrunhappy View Post
There is I believe a pharmaceutical treatment for arthritis using real gold. Copper isn't the only metal believed to help....
Bit more expensive but, hey, if you've got it use it! I wonder if it'll cure other illnesses?
Old 18-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #6
mrunhappy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsmeow View Post
Bit more expensive but, hey, if you've got it use it! I wonder if it'll cure other illnesses?
Not necessarily more expensive.. after all, foil blocking on the packaging for fancy high value items e.g. aftershaves/perfumes, sometimes use real gold leaf. You can buy cables and electrical equipment with lots of gold plated connections..

Every human being has some gold in their bodies from a fairly early age.

Some cultures consume gold e.g. in India I believe they will consume gold leaf.
Old 18-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #7
thecatsmeow
Banned

Quote:
Not necessarily more expensive.. after all, foil blocking on the packaging for fancy high value items e.g. aftershaves/perfumes, sometimes use real gold leaf. You can buy cables and electrical equipment with lots of gold plated connections..

Every human being has some gold in their bodies from a fairly early age.

Some cultures consume gold e.g. in India I believe they will consume gold leaf.
Didn't know that one! It's true, too, about the expensive packaging and it's so wasteful! I really do hate waste!
Old 18-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #8
sparkplug

A friends dad was a carpet fitter. He is now retired. His knees were hammered from his job. He swore by the copper bracelets you wear on your wrist. He has run the London marathon and the New York marathon.

So there must be something in this theory.
sparkplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 10:00 AM   #9
observed

Quote:
I know people who've had gold injections for arthritis.
observed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #10
smoky

Quote:
There is very little copper in a 1p or 2p. Stick a magnet on one, they are mostly steel. Copper content has reduced over the years and was reduced further sometime last decade when it was realised that people were melting them down. Briefly, as copper prices increased, there was a time when you could get more than 2p of copper from a 2p coin.

Apparently you need the very old 2 pences pre 1992. When I used to work as a barman, there were a group of regular heavy drinkers all around 60 years of age, each night they would have 4 or 5 pints to get get warmed up, then start on the double vodka's, at least 4 double vodka's each. Each night before they left they used to ask me for very old 2 pences pre 1992 and stick a couple in their mouth, then proceed to jump in their cars and drive home.

According to these guys the 2 pence copper coin in mouth does work to beat the breathalyser as long as it's the pre 1992 one which is mainly copper, supposedly the breathalyser machine comes back with an error code. I know this group of drinkers are still drinking in the same pub as of today and still driving home.

I saw a test of mythbusters before regarding the copper coin in mouth to beat the breath test, only problem being they used a brand new coin which I'm pretty sure wasn't even made from copper, hence the myth was busted.

I'm not saying whether it does work or not, just letting you know how these old guys do it.
smoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 10:59 AM   #11
dolores1

Slightly off topic.

There are thousands here in N.I. who swear that spraying WD40 on their arthritic hands knees etc. has helped a great deal in stopping the pain. I have used it on my knees and the effect lasted for months!

I'm not recommending this, just stating what I heard.
The ‘you’ that exists beyond these stubborn entanglements is a silent, serene, being-ness; a free, wise and child-like ‘you’ that has always known the way to the secret garden, and that has always recognised the nature beings with whom we share this gracious planet.

Never have a battle of wits with an unarmed oponent!
dolores1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #12
vienna

from the comments section on the The Mail site:

Quote:
This will work through an action called plasamatic osmosis. This means that the acidic salty moisture from sweat glands in the feet will slightly erode the coin releasing the copper molecules which are then absorbed. Copper molecules are found in natural sources and are essential for healthy bones and connective tissue. Copper sulphate is used in agriculture CuSO4.5H2O to improve the land. Nearly all food contains some copper so the coins in shoes idea is not so stupid.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz23zZrU6mE
"Through my extensive research I have discovered that vaccinations are causing impaired blood flow (ischemia) to brain and body. I have reason to believe that all are being affected and all vaccinations ARE causing the overwhelming rise in autism , specific learning disabilities, attention deficit disorders, sudden infant death, gulf war syndrome, dementia , seizure disorders, some cancers it would appear, and much more"Dr A.MOULDEN

Last edited by vienna; 18-08-2012 at 12:00 PM.
vienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #13
blue2

Madness to use a toxic chemical like WD40 on skin -World War Dolores 40!

As for copper isn't there high levels in Bipolar disorder and Schizophrenia...

We are all short of Minerals many of them and vitamins and doing just one thing aint gonna cure,you got to get rid of the toxins the free radicals..Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber a few times would do better!

Last edited by blue2; 18-08-2012 at 12:20 PM.
blue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #14
rapunzel

I heard that if you put a handful of raisins in an open dish, just cover them with a little gin and wait until all the gin has been absorbed, then eat the raisins. It's supposed to be very good but as I don't like gin I have never tried it.

Is it a bit solipsistic in here or is it just me?

"Bother," said Pooh, as Cthulhu rose up and ate him. "
rapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #15
joho
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
from the comments section on the The Mail site:
would the sock not act as a barrier?

i thought the theory was that it acts like a generator

iron passing copper etc
joho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #16
rayne

Those coins are pretty new, and I am almost certain that they've removed most of, if not all, the copper from 2p coins.
rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #17
dan duchaine

Copper is required for collagen formation. If a copper deficiency is the reason you cant produce collagen and have arthritis, then obviously it will cure your arthritis if taken or put on your skin.

This explains why it only works for some people, as there are many reasons you can get arthritis, copper deficiency being only ONE of them.
dan duchaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #18
joho
Inactive

17 March 2009

Dear Mr Watson

I am writing in reply to your Freedom of Information request of 7 March.

Copper-plated steel 2p coins have a composition of 93% (??3%) mild steel and 7% (??3%) copper.

Yours sincerely

Joseph Payne
Assistant Curator
The Royal Mint
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reques...t_in_a_2p_coin
joho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #19
the tealady
Forum Advisor

Hasn't worked for me, but neither did the fish oils, magnets and the creams, gels and oils that you can rub on. There is a dog and horse liniment that has a menthol base which gives temporary relief but we are all different.

If this man has found relief then I celebrate his good fortune. I find that avoiding the nightshade veges and flouride wherever possible is very important.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #20
plam
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozpixie View Post
I find that avoiding the nightshade veges and flouride wherever possible is very important.
+1
plam is offline   Reply With Quote