Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Illuminati / Secret Societies / Satanic Cults / Occult Secrets

Old 10-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
welling
Banned

Default Esoteric Art

For ftil.........

Some interesting art for you to look at.....

Lippo Memmi (Filippo di Memmo)(born in Siena, active by 1317, died 1356 in Siena)
Crucifixion
Tempera on wood, gold ground
Musee du Louvre, Paris, France

Notice the Phoenix and the Skull and Bones

And the two versions of the Virgin on the Rocks by Leonardo Da Vinci...

What is the significance of the difference? Do you notice the similarity with 'Et in Arcadia Ego' by Poussin?

welling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:28 AM   #2
ftil

Thank you for bring art. I always appreciate that. I was looking at the Virgin on the Rocks paintings before. I can't put a finger on it yet. More clues, please.

I reminds me Gustave Moreau's Goddess on the Rock.
I see snakes everywhere.

Anyway, it is interesting that Da Vinci painted St. John the Baptist.

Gustave Moreau - Goddess on the Rocks

I have noticed the Phoenix and the Skull but I missed the Bones. It reminds me about Caravaggio's, St Jerome.

Albert Einstein

Last edited by ftil; 11-06-2012 at 05:49 AM.
ftil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
welling
Banned

A link to a site that has some interesting and lesser known examples of skulls and other esoteric items in art.

Holbein's "The Ambassadors" has a particularly strange skull!

http://printsofjapan.wordpress.com/2...re-part-three/

Last edited by welling; 11-06-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #4
ftil

Thanks. Interesting indeed. There is another interesting theme with a skull and quite intriguing.

Guido RENI, St Mary Magdalene

EL GRECO, Mary Magdalen in Penitence

AGOSTINO CARRACCI, The Penitent Magdalen

Albert Einstein
Old 11-06-2012, 06:23 PM   #5
welling
Banned

Some scholars speculate that the skull is a symbol of mortality, others that it represents John the Baptist.

It is however, prevalent in a huge number of esoteric/religous art which is intriguing.

The skull and bones are also said to represent either or all of John the Baptist, Adam and again mortality.

In a religous work of art it is accepted as normal, but when depicted on the Masonic 3rd degree Tracing Board it is labelled as being satanic!

I find it fascinating that it appears in so many great 'religous' works of Art.

Also intriguiing are the amount of 'religous' paintings that contain obvious hand signals and characters pointing in certain directions......

Poussin's 'Les Bergers d'Arcadie' and one of the versions of Da Vinci's 'Madonna on the Rocks' to name but two.

There are so many great works of Art that contain tantalising hidden messages
Old 11-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #6
welling
Banned

Strange pointing!

Leonardo Da Vinci - The Virgin and Child with St. Anne and John the Baptist
Old 11-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #7
welling
Banned

The 'Memento Mori' Mosaic discovered at Pompeii
30BC - 14AD

Origin:
From Pompeii (House cum workshop I, 5, 2, triclinium).

Description:
This emblema was significantly displayed in a triclinium and is one of the most striking for the clarity of its allegorical representation. The topic is Hellenistic in origin and presents death as the great leveller who cancels out all differences of wealth and class. It is a theme that has come down to our days, as for example in the famous poem ’A livella by the comic actor A. de Curtis (Totò). In fact the composition is surmounted by a level (libella) with a plumb line, the instrument used by masons to get their constructions straight and level. The weight is death (the skull) below which are a butterfly (the soul) and a wheel (fortune).

On each side, suspended from the arms of the level and kept in perfect balance by death, are the symbols of wealth and power on the left (the sceptre and purple) and poverty on the right (the beggar’s scrip and stick). The theme, like the skeletons on the silverware in the treasure of Boscoreale, was intended to remind diners of the fleeting nature of earthly fortunes.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #8
loveisthelaw

I love art, totally obsessed though I find most of the christian art boring to say the least, and far from esoteric.

Try some Escher or Dali, that is *interesting* art, at least for me.

wouldn't it be terrible to never in your life have had anything important enough to risk it all for.

Last edited by loveisthelaw; 11-06-2012 at 07:47 PM.
loveisthelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #9
offramp
Banned

Default Three Wise Men

You are all entitled to your opinion! My absolute favourite esoteric painting has no skull in it.

I have been puzzling over this one for 15 years. It is by Giorgione and is often called The Three Philosophers. I believe it has no actual name attached to it, but Untitled by Giorgione is obvioulsly not an option so that is the name we are stuck with.

Who are the three men?
Is there any relevance in the shape of the rocks and the trees in the background?
Is there any relevance in the positions of the three men's feet?
What about the centre man's hand?

It is a superb and very enigmatic picture!
offramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #10
lightgiver

Arrow 23.5

A scene on the west wall of the Osiris Hall at Abydos shows the raising of the Djed pillar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abydos,_Egypt
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #11
lightgiver

Arrow Et in arcadia ego

Finger and Thumb touching the letters 'N' and 'R' in the phrase "ET IN ARCADIA EGO'

N is the fourteenth letter in the ISO basic Latin alphabet...One of the most common hieroglyphs, snake, was used in Egyptian writing to stand for a sound like the English ⟨J⟩, because the Egyptian word for "snake" was djet. It is speculated that Semitic people working in Egypt adapted hieroglyphics to create the first alphabet, and that they used the same snake symbol to represent N, because their word for "snake" may have begun with that sound.

R is the eighteenth letter of the ISO basic Latin alphabet...The original Semitic letter may have been inspired by an Egyptian hieroglyph for tp, "head". It was used for /r/ by Semites because in their language, the word for "head" was rêš (also the name of the letter).

= Snake Head...

Speculation then grew that the inscription may encode secrets related to the Priory of Sion, or the location of the Holy Grail. As part of the Shugborough promotion, some individuals who had previously worked as codebreakers at Bletchley Park pursued this line of investigation. Oliver Lawn proposed that the letters may encode the phrase Jesus H Defy, where the H supposedly stands for "Christos" (Greek for "Messiah") and the reference is to a Jesus bloodline which allegedly descends from a non-divine Jesus and was preserved by the Priory. Sheila Lawn, his wife, preferred the love story theory. Despite the couple's previous employment, neither of their suggestions enjoyed reliable cryptanalytic support and both were presented as speculative...

Bletchley Park is an estate located in the town of Bletchley, in Buckinghamshire, England, which currently houses the National Codes Centre and the National Museum of Computing. During World War II, Bletchley Park was the site of the United Kingdom's main decryption establishment, the Government Code and Cypher School (GC&CS), where ciphers and codes of several Axis countries were decrypted, most importantly the ciphers generated by the German Enigma and Lorenz machines...

http://forum.davidicke.com/showpost....&postcount=287
http://forum.davidicke.com/showpost....ostcount=21136

Last edited by lightgiver; 11-06-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #12
loveisthelaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by offramp View Post
You are all entitled to your opinion! My absolute favourite esoteric painting has no skull in it.

Who are the three men?
Is there any relevance in the shape of the rocks and the trees in the background?
Is there any relevance in the positions of the three men's feet?
What about the centre man's hand?

It is a superb and very enigmatic picture!
Thanks for that, this painting is interesting and wish I could see better the scroll the man is holding.

wouldn't it be terrible to never in your life have had anything important enough to risk it all for.
loveisthelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #13
welling
Banned

Offramp, It is truly an enigmatic and wonderful picture. I presume you have read this article on it........
http://www.freemasons-freemasonry.co...losophers.html
Old 11-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #14
offramp
Banned

I have indeed read that article but I do not think that the author quite made enough of it. Very good article - but was he restricted by space, or time?
offramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #15
ftil

Quote:
Originally posted by welling
Some scholars speculate that the skull is a symbol of mortality, others that it represents John the Baptist.

It is however, prevalent in a huge number of esoteric/religous art which is intriguing.

The skull and bones are also said to represent either or all of John the Baptist, Adam and again mortality.

In a religous work of art it is accepted as normal, but when depicted on the Masonic 3rd degree Tracing Board it is labelled as being satanic.

Interesting. I would never think that a skull may represent St. John the Baptist. St. John the Baptist has received so much attention in art. Quite intriguing. But why Mary Magdalene and a skull?

Quote:
Also intriguiing are the amount of 'religous' paintings that contain obvious hand signals and characters pointing in certain directions......
Sure it does…..

The Virgin and Child with St. Anne and John the Baptist reminds me about Hermes.

Spranger, Bartholomäus, Hermes and Athena

Quote:
Originally posted by loveisthelaw
I love art, totally obsessed though I find most of the christian art boring to say the least, and far from esoteric.

Try some Escher or Dali, that is *interesting* art, at least for me.
LOL! Esher and dali “interesting”, eh?

Around the time of middle-school, children begin to develop a love for visual realism... for art that presents an illusion of reality. Students begin to explore shading, linear perspective, reflective light and color, etc... This is the point at which the vast majority of the population stops developing their artistic sensibilities. Escher and Dali are incredibly popular with teenagers because they combine a mastery of illusionary "realism" with an unreality... fantasy... or inventiveness. According to the studies of the development of visual or artistic sensibility few individuals ever more beyond this stage into the higher level of development in which art is appreciated abstractly.
Don’t forget that the greatest painters painted religious themes as well as Greek mythology themes.

Food for thought…… I haven't read her books, but perhaps, I will in the future to see if we are on the same page.

Quote:
Long before Dan Brown’s bestselling The Da Vinci Code hit the shelves, Harvard’s own biblical sleuth was on the case. Winn Professor of Ecclesiastical History Karen L. King has been cracking the codes of early Christianity for more than 20 years.
http://www.religionfacts.com/jesus/historical_jesus.htm

Albert Einstein
Old 11-06-2012, 10:44 PM   #16
lightgiver

Lightbulb Cowans

Lots more artwork on the link provided, some with an explanation but most without any...a lot like the one's posted on this thread ...

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showt...202748&page=48

Last edited by lightgiver; 12-06-2012 at 12:17 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #17
ftil

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
Lots more artwork on the link provided, some with an explanation but most without any...a lot like the one's posted on this thread ...

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showt...202748&page=48
Hehehe........don’t you think that it is a high time to stop telling people what they should think.

Art speaks in its own language.

Albert Einstein
Old 11-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #18
ftil

Quote:
Originally Posted by welling View Post

In a religous work of art it is accepted as normal, but when depicted on the Masonic 3rd degree Tracing Board it is labelled as being satanic!

I find it fascinating that it appears in so many great 'religous' works of Art.

Poussin's 'Les Bergers d'Arcadie' and one of the versions of Da Vinci's 'Madonna on the Rocks' to name but two.

There are so many great works of Art that contain tantalising hidden messages

A quite intriguing image. It reminds me about John Poul II trapezoid coffin.

Albert Einstein
Old 11-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #19
lightgiver

Lightbulb High Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftil View Post
Hehehe........don’t you think that it is a high time to stop telling people what they should think.

Art speaks in its own language.
So what Language does the Artist speak.

Why is St. Peters Square a large sundial?...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191634

Last edited by lightgiver; 11-06-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:47 PM   #20
ftil

Quote:
Originally posted by lightgiver
So what Language does the Artist speak.
It speaks......I am sure that you know.

Albert Einstein