Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Electronic Harassment / Mind Control / Subliminal Programing > The Nature of Matrix Religions and what they mean.

Old 14-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
michaelsherlock
Banned

Default Hypatia and the Fall of Christ

Hypatia and the Fall of Christ

The Jewish and Christian mythologists tell us that the root of all human suffering lies in the simple act of eating a piece of fruit, in disobedience to the will of the tribal god of the Israelites, Yahweh.
Wars, famines, diseases, crime, insanity and every kind of evil, comes from this one act of ignorance. In the words of Thomas Paine:

The Christian Mythologists, after having confined Satan in a pit, were obliged to let him out again to bring on the sequel of the fable. He is then introduced into the Garden of Eden, in the shape of a snake or a serpent, and in that shape he enters into familiar conversation with Eve, who is no way surprised to hear a snake talk; and the issue of this tete-a-tete is that he persuades her to eat an apple, and the eating of that apple damns all mankind. (1)

So, if such is the logic of these mythologists, what happens when we apply it to the circumstances surrounding the death of the young and beautiful “pagan” philosopher, Hypatia?

The Virgin Sacrifice of Hypatia

Hypatia was a young woman who lived in Alexandria and was renowned for instructing large audiences on a wide range of subjects including; Mathematics, science, astronomy and Neo-platonic philosophy. Her audiences included pagans, Jews and Christians, who would travel long distances to receive her instruction. Her father Theon, a renowned mathematician was said to be the last Mathematician associated with the world famous museum of Alexandria. She was recorded in the ‘Suda’ (Byzantine Encyclopaedia) as remaining a virgin until her untimely death.(2) Further, this encyclopaedia records how she rebuffed a suitor by showing him her menstrual rags in order that she might demonstrate the ugliness of carnal desires.(3) The picture painted of Hypatia, by both Christian and non-Christian historians, was that of a wise, witty and strong woman, who aspired for nothing more than the acquisition of knowledge and virtue.

The Church historian Socrates spoke of Hypatia in his work entitled, ‘Ecclesiastical Histories,’ saying:

There was a woman at Alexandria named Hypatia, daughter of the philosopher Theon, who made such attainments in literature and science, as to far surpass all the philosophers of her own time. Having succeeded to the school of Plato and Plotinus, she explained the principles of philosophy to her auditors, many of whom came from a distance to receive her instructions. On account of the self-possession and ease of manner, which she had acquired in consequence of the cultivation of her mind, she not unfrequently appeared in public in presence of the magistrates. Neither did she feel abashed in going to an assembly of men. For all men on account of her extraordinary dignity and virtue admired her the more. (4)

The picture painted of Hypatia, by both Christian and non-Christian historians, was that of a wise, witty and strong woman, who aspired for nothing more than the acquisition of knowledge and virtue. Yet, as virtuous and pure as this wise and gentle flower may have been, it counted for nothing, in the eyes of those who viewed her “pagan” philosophy, as a threat to the more crude and rustic teachings of Christ.

One afternoon, a large belief induced mob of fanatical Christians, followers of the Bishop Cyril of Alexandria, seized Hypatia from her carriage, stripped her body naked and beat her to a pulp. Thereupon, they dragged her tired, bruised and bleeding body to their holy church, where ‘Peter, The Reader’, presided over the gruesome sacrifice of this young an innocent philosopher.

In his book entitled, ‘History of the Christian Church’. Vol. 3, Historian and theologian, Phillip Schaff described her demise atia in the follow words:

This lady, a teacher of the Neo-Platonic philosophy in Alexandria, distinguished for her beauty, her intelligence, her learning, and her virtue, and esteemed both by Christians and by heathens, was seized in the open street by the Christian populace and fanatical monks, perhaps not without the connivance of the violent bishop Cyril, thrust out from her carriage, dragged to the cathedral, completely stripped, barbarously murdered with shells before the altar, and then torn to pieces and burnt, a.d.415 Socrates, who relates this, adds: “It brought great censure both on Cyril and on the Alexandrian church.(5)

Further, G.W Foote and J.M Wheeler in their book ‘Crimes of Christianity’, quoting from the famous historian Gibbon, describe her death in the following manner:

A rumor was spread among the Christians, that the daughter of Theon was the only obstacle to the reconciliation of the prefect and the archbishop; and that obstacle was speedily removed. On a fatal day, in the holy season of Lent, Hypatia was torn from her chariot, stripped naked, dragged to the church, and inhumanly butchered by the hands of Peter the reader and a troop of savage and merciless fanatics: her flesh was scraped from her bones with sharp oyster-shells, and her quivering limbs were delivered to the flames. The just progress of inquiry and punishment was stopped by seasonable gifts; but the murder of Hypatia has imprinted an indelible stain on the character and religion of Cyril of Alexandria. (6)

In spite of this event and the inciting of brutal Jewish pogroms, in which countless Jewish families were displaced, disenfranchised and slaughtered, Bishop Cyril was made a Saint by his fellow Christians. Even to this day, he is still venerated as a Saint in most Protestant, Catholic and Orthodox Churches.

From all of the numerous accounts which have attempted to adequately describe the depraved nature of this savage attack by Christians upon this young and beautiful Pagan philosopher, none, quite so eloquently, chronicled her death and the grave implications it had for the creed of Christendom, in so poignant a manner, as that of the ex-theologian turned freethinker, M.M Mangasarian, who said:

Cyril, the Asiatic archbishop, passing frequently the house of Hypatia, and seeing the long train of horses, litters, and chariots which had brought a host of admirers to the female philosopher's shrine, conceived a terrible hatred for this Pagan girl. He did not relish her popularity. Her learning was rubbish to him. Her charms, temptations for the ruin of man. He hated her because she, a frail woman, dared to be free and to think for herself. He argued in his mind that she was competing with Christianity, taking away from Christ the homage which belonged to him. With Hypatia out of the way the people would turn to God, and give him the love and honor which they were wasting upon her. She was robbing God of his rights, and she must fall; for He is a jealous God. Such was the reasoning of Cyril, whom the Church has canonized.(7)

Mangasarian follows this eloquent summery of the cause of Hypatia’s death, with an inspired portrayal of her death, delivering one of the most scathing assaults on the religion that ultimately caused, nay, directly commissioned this horrendously inhumane crime:

The next morning, when Hypatia appeared in her chariot in front of her residence, suddenly five hundred men, all dressed in black and cowled, five hundred half-starved monks from the sands of the Egyptian desert -- five hundred monks, soldiers of the cross -- like a black hurricane, swooped down the street, boarded her chariot, and, pulling her off her seat, dragged her by the hair of her head into a -- how shall I say the word? -- into a church! Some historians intimate that the monks asked her to kiss the cross, to become a Christian and join the nunnery, if she wished her life spared. At any rate, these monks, under the leadership of St. Cyril's right-hand man, Peter the Reader, shamefully stripped her naked, and there, close to the alter and the cross, scraped her quivering flesh from her bones with oystershells. The marble floor of the church was sprinkled with her warm blood. The alter, the cross, too, were bespattered, owing to the violence with which her limbs were torn, while the hands of the monks presented a sight too revolting to describe. The mutilated body, upon which the murderers feasted their fanatic hate, was then flung into the flames. Oh! Is there a blacker deed in human annals? When has another man or woman been so inhumanly murdered? Has politics, has commerce, has cannibalism even committed a more cruel crime? The cannibal pleads hunger to cover his cruelty -- what excuse had Hypatia's murderers? Even Joan of Arc was more fortunate in her death than this daughter of Paganism! Beautiful woman! murdered by men who were not worthy to touch the hem of thy garment! And to think that this happened in a church -- a Christian church! I have seen the frost bite the flower; I have watched the spider trap the fly; I have seen the serpent spring upon the bird! And yet I love nature! But I will never enter a church nor profess a religion which can commit such a deed against so lovable a woman. No, not even if I were offered as a bribe eternal life! If, O priests and preachers! instead of one hell, there were a thousand, and each hell more infernal than your creeds describe, yet I would sooner they would all swallow me up, and feast their insatiable lust upon my poor bones for ever and ever, than lend countenance or support to an institution upon which history has fastened the indelible stigma of Hypatia's murder! If we, of this present generation, are responsible for Adam's sin, and deserve the penalties of his disobedience, as the clergy say we do, then the Church of today is responsible for Hypatia's fate. How will they take this practical application of their own dogma? It will not do for them to say: "We wash our hands clean of St. Cyril's sin"; for if Adam can, by his remote act, expose us all to damnation, so shall Bishop Cyril's dark deed cleave forever unto the religion which his followers profess.(8)

The gruesome human sacrifice of Hypatia by the Christians was to foreshadow an era in which such sacrifices would become common practice amongst the faithful. The world was heading for a period of brutal Christ worship which would see so much blood spilt, that it would compel the modern day serial killer to turn his head away in disgust. What’s more is that, this Christian orgy of blood would last for over 1000 years. Believers of Christ were set to turn this planet into a wasteland filled with the corpses of all those who dared to think for themselves and refuse assimilation.

Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Matthew Chapter 8:17-20

1. Thomas Paine. Collected and Edited by Philip S. Foner, PhD. The Complete Writings of Thomas Paine. The Citadel Press. (1945). Pg. 470.
2. www.stoa.org/sol - Online Suda – Upsilon 166: Hypatia.
3. Ibid.
4. Socrates Scholasticus, Schaff, Philip. Socrates and Sozomenus Ecclesiastical Histories. Christian Literature Publishing Co. (1886) Pg. 254.
5. Phillip Schaff. History of the Christian Church, Volume 3: Nicene and Post-Nicene Christianity. A.D.311-600. Grand Rapids, MI: Christian Classics Ethereal Library. (1819-1893).Pg. 50.
6. G. W. Foote and J. M. Wheeler. Crimes of Christianity. Kanya Books. (1965). Pg. 89.
7. M.M Mangasarian. The Martyrdom of Hypatia. (or The Death of the Classical World). Independent Religious Society. Speech Delivered at Majestic Theatre Chicago (1915).
8. Ibid.

This essay is the sole intellectual property of Michael Sherlock, however, you are free to use any part of it, so long as you either contact me and ask permission, or at least reference me as the source. Information was meant to be shared.
michaelsherlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
changingmyself
Inactive

It dawned on me as I read the title of why that fruit was bad to eat. The fruit is alive.
This will explain it better-

changingmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
saint_frankenstein

The story of Hypatia always makes me feel so sad. She's a hero of mine. Her death marked the end of Classical Greco-Roman civilization.

"I was, I am, I shall be!" - Rosa Luxemburg, another murdered revolutionary
saint_frankenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
luciferhorus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsherlock View Post

The Jewish and Christian mythologists tell us that the root of all human suffering lies in the simple act of eating a piece of fruit, in disobedience to the will of the tribal god of the Israelites, Yahweh.
This is a common linguistic misunderstanding by the Christians, but it is not understood in the same way among Jewish scholars and scholars of the ancient Hebrew.

Human language has developed from the very simple to the very complex. Biblical Hebrew is a language of around only 8000 words, compared to modern Hebrew which has around 20 times as many words, and compared to modern English which has around one million words. Thus one one word in the ancient Hebrew can have many different meanings, such as the "Do not Kill" edit which clearly refers not to "killing" but to the modern English for "unlawful killing" or "mnurder," as many of the Mosaic laws were executionable offences, and the Israelites are depicted as going on a genocidal Holy War against other tribes. Thus "kill" has to be understood in the context of the law.

Of course the Christians have numerous different interpretations of the "Legend of the Fall" which are based on linguistic misunderstandings (misinterpretations of the Hebrew) and subjective "personal" interpretations.

There are of course many language experts in the ancient Hebrew who are scholars and academics and not religious fanatics, and understanding what the author's were talking about is really is not about any Christian or esotericist's modern personal subjective interpretation of the English text.

The Fruit.

I think that almost the entirety of the Hebrew scholars who are academics generally concur that "eating a forbidden fruit" is a Hebrew sexual metaphor and has absolutely nothing to do with eating a fruit from a tree; this is not a subjective personal interpretation but a scholarly interpretation.

The Serpent.

The most likely "scholarly" interpretation of the Hebrew term "serpent" is that it refers to the priesthood of the ancient world; it has nothing to do with a "reptilian (the reptilian conspiracy being unknown to Biblical authors)" or a talking snake or the Kabbalistic Serpent which is simply a path on Tree of Life.

Thus it seems that the legend is explaining the origin of evil thus: the problem of evil was caused by the priesthood of the ancient mystery cults who would tempt devotees into their sex cults, sexually initiate them, and their eyes would be open to the knowledge of both good and evil

Thus the fall story is essentially a polemic against the priesthood of the ancient mystery cults; it blames them for all the evil of the world.

I have an expanded essay on this topic. "The Kabbalah: A Thelemic & Satanic Interpetation." on: http://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=203623

The Torah is also partly a polemic attacking the religious practices of the Egyptians (Moses subjected those among the liberated Egyptian slaves who continued to practice the Egyptian rituals to mass execution) and other cultures in the region, Thus it is unsurprising that that cause of the fall is attributed to the Serpents (the priesthood and aristocracy of these ancient mystery cults), and it is rather obvious that in such a simple and primitive language as Hebrew that such priests and god kings would be referred to as "serpents" as they wore serpent head dresses.
Lux

Last edited by luciferhorus; 16-04-2012 at 04:18 PM.
luciferhorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 12:36 AM   #5
paganoflight
Inactive

LOLOL, you are the first person, author or not, who I ever heard refer to Christ's teachings as "rustic" (I'd take that as a compliment!).

You must be a suit & tie wearing "high society" kind of guy! If Yeshua were in the flesh today, he'd probably call you a yuppie.

As for calling Christ's teachings "crude"...hmm, well, I suppose it's understandable that the followers of Darkness would think of the Golden Rule as crude. Enjoy your lavish lifestyle while you still are able.

Kali Yuga indeed.

As an opponent of Christ's teachings, it is blasphemous for you to place that 'crown of thorns' around the "i" in your book title and I'm offended by it. You deserve no "royalties" for your propaganda.

Last edited by paganoflight; 17-04-2012 at 12:40 AM.
paganoflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 12:51 AM   #6
changingmyself
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganoflight View Post
LOLOL, you are the first person, author or not, who I ever heard refer to Christ's teachings as "rustic" (I'd take that as a compliment!).

You must be a suit & tie wearing "high society" kind of guy! If Yeshua were in the flesh today, he'd probably call you a yuppie.

As for calling Christ's teachings "crude"...hmm, well, I suppose it's understandable that the followers of Darkness would think of the Golden Rule as crude. Enjoy your lavish lifestyle while you still are able.

Kali Yuga indeed.

As an opponent of Christ's teachings, it is blasphemous for you to place that 'crown of thorns' around the "i" in your book title and I'm offended by it. You deserve no "royalties" for your propaganda.
The Golden Rule was not Jesus's invention, it predates Jesus. The Golden Rule was actually the teachings of a man called Hillel the Elder.

Old 17-04-2012, 01:53 AM   #7
logos880

Quote:
The gruesome human sacrifice of Hypatia by the Christians was to foreshadow an era in which such sacrifices would become common practice amongst the faithful. The world was heading for a period of brutal Christ worship which would see so much blood spilt, that it would compel the modern day serial killer to turn his head away in disgust. What’s more is that, this Christian orgy of blood would last for over 1000 years. Believers of Christ were set to turn this planet into a wasteland filled with the corpses of all those who dared to think for themselves and refuse assimilation.
yeah, before the christians came along there wasn't even such thing as 'murder.'

modern secular governments are responsible for more deaths in the last 100 years then all religions combined.
Old 17-04-2012, 01:54 AM   #8
logos880

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint_frankenstein View Post
The story of Hypatia always makes me feel so sad. She's a hero of mine. Her death marked the end of Classical Greco-Roman civilization.
yeah, it was really sad to see the gladiator games go, huh?
Old 17-04-2012, 03:20 AM   #9
octopusrex

Quote:

Wars, famines, diseases, crime, insanity and every kind of evil, comes from this one act of ignorance. In the words of Thomas Paine:

The Christian Mythologists, after having confined Satan in a pit, were obliged to let him out again to bring on the sequel of the fable. He is then introduced into the Garden of Eden, in the shape of a snake or a serpent, and in that shape he enters into familiar conversation with Eve, who is no way surprised to hear a snake talk; and the issue of this tete-a-tete is that he persuades her to eat an apple, and the eating of that apple damns all mankind. (1)

So, if such is the logic of these mythologists, what happens when we apply it to the circumstances surrounding the death of the young and beautiful “pagan” philosopher, Hypatia?

The Virgin Sacrifice of Hypatia

Hypatia was a young woman who lived in Alexandria and was renowned for instructing large audiences on a wide range of subjects including; Mathematics, science, astronomy and Neo-platonic philosophy. Her audiences included pagans, Jews and Christians, who would travel long distances to receive her instruction. Her father Theon, a renowned mathematician was said to be the last Mathematician associated with the world famous museum of Alexandria. She was recorded in the ‘Suda’ (Byzantine Encyclopaedia) as remaining a virgin until her untimely death.(2) Further, this encyclopaedia records how she rebuffed a suitor by showing him her menstrual rags in order that she might demonstrate the ugliness of carnal desires.(3) The picture painted of Hypatia, by both Christian and non-Christian historians, was that of a wise, witty and strong woman, who aspired for nothing more than the acquisition of knowledge and virtue.

The Church historian Socrates spoke of Hypatia in his work entitled, ‘Ecclesiastical Histories,’ saying:

There was a woman at Alexandria named Hypatia, daughter of the philosopher Theon, who made such attainments in literature and science, as to far surpass all the philosophers of her own time. Having succeeded to the school of Plato and Plotinus, she explained the principles of philosophy to her auditors, many of whom came from a distance to receive her instructions. On account of the self-possession and ease of manner, which she had acquired in consequence of the cultivation of her mind, she not unfrequently appeared in public in presence of the magistrates. Neither did she feel abashed in going to an assembly of men. For all men on account of her extraordinary dignity and virtue admired her the more. (4)

The picture painted of Hypatia, by both Christian and non-Christian historians, was that of a wise, witty and strong woman, who aspired for nothing more than the acquisition of knowledge and virtue. Yet, as virtuous and pure as this wise and gentle flower may have been, it counted for nothing, in the eyes of those who viewed her “pagan” philosophy, as a threat to the more crude and rustic teachings of Christ.

One afternoon, a large belief induced mob of fanatical Christians, followers of the Bishop Cyril of Alexandria, seized Hypatia from her carriage, stripped her body naked and beat her to a pulp. Thereupon, they dragged her tired, bruised and bleeding body to their holy church, where ‘Peter, The Reader’, presided over the gruesome sacrifice of this young an innocent philosopher.

In his book entitled, ‘History of the Christian Church’. Vol. 3, Historian and theologian, Phillip Schaff described her demise atia in the follow words:

This lady, a teacher of the Neo-Platonic philosophy in Alexandria, distinguished for her beauty, her intelligence, her learning, and her virtue, and esteemed both by Christians and by heathens, was seized in the open street by the Christian populace and fanatical monks, perhaps not without the connivance of the violent bishop Cyril, thrust out from her carriage, dragged to the cathedral, completely stripped, barbarously murdered with shells before the altar, and then torn to pieces and burnt, a.d.415 Socrates, who relates this, adds: “It brought great censure both on Cyril and on the Alexandrian church.(5)

Further, G.W Foote and J.M Wheeler in their book ‘Crimes of Christianity’, quoting from the famous historian Gibbon, describe her death in the following manner:

A rumor was spread among the Christians, that the daughter of Theon was the only obstacle to the reconciliation of the prefect and the archbishop; and that obstacle was speedily removed. On a fatal day, in the holy season of Lent, Hypatia was torn from her chariot, stripped naked, dragged to the church, and inhumanly butchered by the hands of Peter the reader and a troop of savage and merciless fanatics: her flesh was scraped from her bones with sharp oyster-shells, and her quivering limbs were delivered to the flames. The just progress of inquiry and punishment was stopped by seasonable gifts; but the murder of Hypatia has imprinted an indelible stain on the character and religion of Cyril of Alexandria. (6)

In spite of this event and the inciting of brutal Jewish pogroms, in which countless Jewish families were displaced, disenfranchised and slaughtered, Bishop Cyril was made a Saint by his fellow Christians. Even to this day, he is still venerated as a Saint in most Protestant, Catholic and Orthodox Churches.

From all of the numerous accounts which have attempted to adequately describe the depraved nature of this savage attack by Christians upon this young and beautiful Pagan philosopher, none, quite so eloquently, chronicled her death and the grave implications it had for the creed of Christendom, in so poignant a manner, as that of the ex-theologian turned freethinker, M.M Mangasarian, who said:

Cyril, the Asiatic archbishop, passing frequently the house of Hypatia, and seeing the long train of horses, litters, and chariots which had brought a host of admirers to the female philosopher's shrine, conceived a terrible hatred for this Pagan girl. He did not relish her popularity. Her learning was rubbish to him. Her charms, temptations for the ruin of man. He hated her because she, a frail woman, dared to be free and to think for herself. He argued in his mind that she was competing with Christianity, taking away from Christ the homage which belonged to him. With Hypatia out of the way the people would turn to God, and give him the love and honor which they were wasting upon her. She was robbing God of his rights, and she must fall; for He is a jealous God. Such was the reasoning of Cyril, whom the Church has canonized.(7)

Mangasarian follows this eloquent summery of the cause of Hypatia’s death, with an inspired portrayal of her death, delivering one of the most scathing assaults on the religion that ultimately caused, nay, directly commissioned this horrendously inhumane crime:

The next morning, when Hypatia appeared in her chariot in front of her residence, suddenly five hundred men, all dressed in black and cowled, five hundred half-starved monks from the sands of the Egyptian desert -- five hundred monks, soldiers of the cross -- like a black hurricane, swooped down the street, boarded her chariot, and, pulling her off her seat, dragged her by the hair of her head into a -- how shall I say the word? -- into a church! Some historians intimate that the monks asked her to kiss the cross, to become a Christian and join the nunnery, if she wished her life spared. At any rate, these monks, under the leadership of St. Cyril's right-hand man, Peter the Reader, shamefully stripped her naked, and there, close to the alter and the cross, scraped her quivering flesh from her bones with oystershells. The marble floor of the church was sprinkled with her warm blood. The alter, the cross, too, were bespattered, owing to the violence with which her limbs were torn, while the hands of the monks presented a sight too revolting to describe. The mutilated body, upon which the murderers feasted their fanatic hate, was then flung into the flames. Oh! Is there a blacker deed in human annals? When has another man or woman been so inhumanly murdered? Has politics, has commerce, has cannibalism even committed a more cruel crime? The cannibal pleads hunger to cover his cruelty -- what excuse had Hypatia's murderers? Even Joan of Arc was more fortunate in her death than this daughter of Paganism! Beautiful woman! murdered by men who were not worthy to touch the hem of thy garment! And to think that this happened in a church -- a Christian church! I have seen the frost bite the flower; I have watched the spider trap the fly; I have seen the serpent spring upon the bird! And yet I love nature! But I will never enter a church nor profess a religion which can commit such a deed against so lovable a woman. No, not even if I were offered as a bribe eternal life! If, O priests and preachers! instead of one hell, there were a thousand, and each hell more infernal than your creeds describe, yet I would sooner they would all swallow me up, and feast their insatiable lust upon my poor bones for ever and ever, than lend countenance or support to an institution upon which history has fastened the indelible stigma of Hypatia's murder! If we, of this present generation, are responsible for Adam's sin, and deserve the penalties of his disobedience, as the clergy say we do, then the Church of today is responsible for Hypatia's fate. How will they take this practical application of their own dogma? It will not do for them to say: "We wash our hands clean of St. Cyril's sin"; for if Adam can, by his remote act, expose us all to damnation, so shall Bishop Cyril's dark deed cleave forever unto the religion which his followers profess.(8)

Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Matthew Chapter 8:17-20

1. Thomas Paine. Collected and Edited by Philip S. Foner, PhD. The Complete Writings of Thomas Paine. The Citadel Press. (1945). Pg. 470.
2. www.stoa.org/sol - Online Suda – Upsilon 166: Hypatia.
3. Ibid.
4. Socrates Scholasticus, Schaff, Philip. Socrates and Sozomenus Ecclesiastical Histories. Christian Literature Publishing Co. (1886) Pg. 254.
5. Phillip Schaff. History of the Christian Church, Volume 3: Nicene and Post-Nicene Christianity. A.D.311-600. Grand Rapids, MI: Christian Classics Ethereal Library. (1819-1893).Pg. 50.
6. G. W. Foote and J. M. Wheeler. Crimes of Christianity. Kanya Books. (1965). Pg. 89.
7. M.M Mangasarian. The Martyrdom of Hypatia. (or The Death of the Classical World). Independent Religious Society. Speech Delivered at Majestic Theatre Chicago (1915).
8. Ibid.

This essay is the sole intellectual property of Michael Sherlock, however, you are free to use any part of it, so long as you either contact me and ask permission, or at least reference me as the source. Information was meant to be shared.
Oddly enough, I think I have a movie of this event.. But in the movie she goes by Augora or something like that. Wonderful post. Thanks.
octopusrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #10
rapunzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by logos880 View Post
yeah, before the christians came along there wasn't even such thing as 'murder.'

modern secular governments are responsible for more deaths in the last 100 years then all religions combined.
You seem to be saying, "if the Pagans did it why complain when the Christians do it". The whole point is in the barbarity meted out to this one woman by a Christian mob who hated her. Why? she was not anti Christian, she did not speak against Christianity but they killed her nonetheless. The Christians on this Forum constantly tell us that their religion is superior to anything else yet we have this dreadful occurrence at the beginning of Christian hegemony which is seemingly accepted by Christians without condemnation.

You're really no better than anyone else, are you (plural)? Christianity has failed to improve upon your moral outlook so would appear to be useless in improving the character of a peoples.

Is it a bit solipsistic in here or is it just me?

"Bother," said Pooh, as Cthulhu rose up and ate him. "
rapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #11
saint_frankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopusrex View Post
Oddly enough, I think I have a movie of this event.. But in the movie she goes by Augora or something like that. Wonderful post. Thanks.
This is the movie you're thinking of:

Old 17-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #12
logos880

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel View Post
You seem to be saying, "if the Pagans did it why complain when the Christians do it". The whole point is in the barbarity meted out to this one woman by a Christian mob who hated her. Why? she was not anti Christian, she did not speak against Christianity but they killed her nonetheless. The Christians on this Forum constantly tell us that their religion is superior to anything else yet we have this dreadful occurrence at the beginning of Christian hegemony which is seemingly accepted by Christians without condemnation.
that's not what I'm saying at all. consider the post I responded to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesherlock
the implication here is that "such sacrifices", like that of hypatia, began with christianity and that is completely untrue. the world was headed for a brutal period? how about the world was already brutal, had been brutal, and would continue to be brutal...to this very day.

christianity turned the world into a "wasteland filled with the corpses of all those who dared to think for themselves and refuse assimilation?" the world was this way long before Jesus was ever born. how about we have a balanced perspective here, and recognize that every religion and every gov't ever have been the perpetrators of crimes such as that befell hypatia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel View Post
You're really no better than anyone else, are you (plural)? Christianity has failed to improve upon your moral outlook so would appear to be useless in improving the character of a peoples.
lolz...seems like you have some sort of idea that a religion can force a person to change. what a joke...people only change when they want to change. as the old saying goes, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

Last edited by logos880; 17-04-2012 at 05:42 PM.
logos880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #13
octopusrex

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint_frankenstein View Post
This is the movie you're thinking of:
Agora (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yeah. Pretty awesome work.
octopusrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #14
michaelsherlock
Banned

Quote:
There was certainly murder, rape, torture, all these crimes, before 4/6/1/???BCE. To a relatively small extent, Christians were the victims of such crimes, yet if you carefully read through history, you will notice a dramatic spike in many of these crimes from about the 4th century.

Quote:
Whilst this statement is true, it is a little cheeky. You are ommitting a variable which if taken into consideration, paints a very different picture than the one you are trying to paint here.

That variable is technology. Would Charlemagne have only executed 4500 pagans in one day if he had access to modern weapons, or would the number have been much greater. Would "Saint" Francis Xavier have drowned thousands of babies and murdered thousands of mothers and fathers in Goa, during the 16th century, or would he have committed Genocide. Read his works, add this variable and then decide for yourself. These are just 2 small examples, yet I think they help to illustrate that you have torn the context out of the truth of the matter.
Old 17-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #15
michaelsherlock
Banned

[QUOTE=changingmyself;1060767069]The Golden Rule was not Jesus's invention, it predates Jesus. The Golden Rule was actually the teachings of a man called Hillel the Elder.

I think you need to research the matter a little further. IN the second volume of my series, I show it going back to the 3rd millenium bce and from that time it showing up in almost all the religious and legal texts of almost all nations. Look into the code of Hammurabi for a 2nd millenium bce example.
Old 17-04-2012, 11:12 PM   #16
saint_frankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopusrex View Post
Yeah. Pretty awesome work.
I've heard about it. My mom saw it and it upset her. It's on my list of things to watch.

From what I read on Wikipedia, they actually "cleaned" it up when it comes to depicting her death.

Old 17-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #17
cwl3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by logos880 View Post
that's not what I'm saying at all. consider the post I responded to:

the implication here is that "such sacrifices", like that of hypatia, began with christianity and that is completely untrue. the world was headed for a brutal period? how about the world was already brutal, had been brutal, and would continue to be brutal...to this very day.

christianity turned the world into a "wasteland filled with the corpses of all those who dared to think for themselves and refuse assimilation?" the world was this way long before Jesus was ever born. how about we have a balanced perspective here, and recognize that every religion and every gov't ever have been the perpetrators of crimes such as that befell hypatia?

lolz...seems like you have some sort of idea that a religion can force a person to change. what a joke...people only change when they want to change. as the old saying goes, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."
Even Jesus was condemned...and not just at the point of his death, but many times before.

Sigh, what chance do the rest of us have?
cwl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #18
michaelsherlock
Banned

Quote:
When I say, "Christ's teachings" obviously I do not mean the possibly fictional character depicted in the Gospels, but rather, the pseudonymous authors of those works. They lived in an environment, and drew from existing knowledge (see stoicism and cynisim and even Neo-Platonism) and created teachings to target the "meek" and ignorant. They did this, one can only assume from a look at history, to win over converts and increase thier numbers for selfish reasons, which I go into in my book series.

Quote:
I do wear suits occaisionally, but I would not call myself a yuppie. My mother was a junky who left when I was a baby and my father an ex-con, who spent the majority of his life, in prison, and juvenile detention, until I came along. We grew up in welfare housing and at 14 I left home, due to problems with my step mother, since then I have been on my own. I have been lucky, but at the same time, not a yuppie.

Quote:
Kali Yuga indeed.
You seem to have supported my argument by referring to the more advanced and intellectually inspired Hindu system of cycles. Good job.

Quote:
I am not an opponent of Christ's teachings, nor even of Batman's teachings, simply the teachings which have been used to manipulate and cause mayhem on earth, teachings which have been plagiarized from more ancient cultures.

I am happy that you are offended, use that offence, take those feelings and search inside yourself, that is the only place you will find your answers my friend.
Old 17-04-2012, 11:18 PM   #19
changingmyself
Inactive

[quote=michaelsherlock;1060769366]
Quote:
Originally Posted by changingmyself View Post
The Golden Rule was not Jesus's invention, it predates Jesus. The Golden Rule was actually the teachings of a man called Hillel the Elder.

I think you need to research the matter a little further. IN the second volume of my series, I show it going back to the 3rd millenium bce and from that time it showing up in almost all the religious and legal texts of almost all nations. Look into the code of Hammurabi for a 2nd millenium bce example.
Thank you Michael, that is very interesting. I wasn't actually researching the Golden Rule when I found that information about Hillel, I was actually searching for information regarding Lucifer and where it stemmed from.
Old 17-04-2012, 11:19 PM   #20
logos880

Quote:
There was certainly murder, rape, torture, all these crimes, before 4/6/1/???BCE. To a relatively small extent, Christians were the victims of such crimes, yet if you carefully read through history, you will notice a dramatic spike in many of these crimes from about the 4th century.
you're going to need to prove that stat. and, even if that is true, why not rail against modern governments who have far more blood on their hands??

Quote:
Whilst this statement is true, it is a little cheeky. You are ommitting a variable which if taken into consideration, paints a very different picture than the one you are trying to paint here.

That variable is technology. Would Charlemagne have only executed 4500 pagans in one day if he had access to modern weapons, or would the number have been much greater. Would "Saint" Francis Xavier have drowned thousands of babies and murdered thousands of mothers and fathers in Goa, during the 16th century, or would he have committed Genocide. Read his works, add this variable and then decide for yourself. These are just 2 small examples, yet I think they help to illustrate that you have torn the context out of the truth of the matter.
I don't see any profit in a playing a speculation game. facts are facts, modern secular governments have murdered in greater number than anyone prior.

I get that you are on a mission to destroy christianity, but this organization that was raping, murdering, and colonizing hundreds of years ago, in that form, is dead today. why not go after the corrupt authorities of today??

Last edited by logos880; 17-04-2012 at 11:19 PM.
logos880 is offline   Reply With Quote