Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Electronic Harassment / Mind Control / Subliminal Programing

Old 22-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #921
truthspoon
Banned

I enjoy reading Dr Steam's post, but I've no idea what Mata is on about.

Last edited by truthspoon; 22-11-2012 at 09:42 AM.
truthspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #922
mata

Arrow Kubrick's Personal Appearance In Bathroom Scene

Stanley Kubrick Personally Enters Bathroom Scene (1).jpg

Stanley Kubrick's Personal Appearance In The Bathroom Scene

After Wendy Torrence has managed to get Danny out of the window, her husband breaches the Bathroom Door and removes the panel closest to the door-handle. After some theatrics, he reaches into the Bathroom to try and turn the key to the Door. Wendy Torrence strikes his Hand with her knife - and his Hand is left with a fairly sizable slash mark. Given the significance of what I have recently described in relation to this Bathroom Scene, it is appropriate to note that the Hand we see entering the gap in the Bathroom Door does not belong to Jack Nicholson, it is actually Stanley Kubrick's. This point was raised in one of the 'Makings Of' "The Shining" - the speaker citing the rationale that 'he just wanted to do it himself for some reason'. I believe the reason he chose to use his own Hand has been clearly explained by the details in Key 6. His own personal appearance in this scene might be the last known instance of him appearing in one of his films. The only other instance I know of occurred twenty years prior to "The Shining", when it's believed he made a brief appearance in Lolita, disguised as Humbert, crossing the threshold into Clare Quilty's mansion. As far as I know these are the only two occasions when Stanley Kubrick 'put himself in the picture'.

[TBC..]

Last edited by mata; 22-11-2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Italics and a Smiley Face :) Removed last sentence as was already self-evident.
mata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2012, 11:59 PM   #923
dr steam

Default The Hand we see entering the gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by mata View Post

After Wendy Torrence has managed to get Danny out of the window, her husband breaches the Bathroom Door and removes the panel closest to the door-handle. After some theatrics, he reaches into the Bathroom to try and turn the key to the Door. Wendy Torrence strikes his Hand with her knife - and his Hand is left with a fairly sizable slash mark. Given the significance of what I have recently described in relation to this Bathroom Scene, it is appropriate to note that the Hand we see entering the gap in the Bathroom Door does not belong to Jack Nicholson, it is actually Stanley Kubrick's. This point was raised in one of the 'Makings Of' "The Shining" - the speaker citing the rationale that 'he just wanted to do it himself for some reason'. I believe the reason he chose to use his own Hand has been clearly explained by the details in Key 6. His own personal appearance in this scene might be the last known instance of him appearing in one of his films. The only other instance I know of occurred twenty years prior to "The Shining", when it's believed he made a brief appearance in Lolita, disguised as Humbert, crossing the threshold into Clare Quilty's mansion.
"- - I _ _ Saw MURDER"

Interesting and I was not aware of this with his "Shining" hand...

The polar sides are also on one side an artist responding to reality with a thoughtful metaphoric exploration of social order in a challenging film

From the Rolling Stone interview, “you don't make it easy on viewers or critics. You've said you want an audience to react emotionally. You create strong feelings, but you won't give us any easy answers.” Kubrick answers, “That's because I don't have any easy answers.”

The most telling game that Kubrick plays is the references to his own films, as obviously as the soundtrack to 2001 in A Clockwork Orange record store or Quilty calling Humbert, Spartacus in Lolita, to more subtle things like having the name Bowman on the side of a building in EWS. Just as his own appearance in his films (like Hitchcock also did) not to mention his daughter's performances in both 2001 and The Shining...

Quote:
As far as I know these are the only two occasions when Stanley Kubrick 'put himself in the picture
I actually think that Kubrick also affords himself a cameo in the Sonata Café in EWS. And I'm now starting to wonder if he was also one of the apes in 2001

Photos of the Ahwahnee hotel, upon which the Overlook hotel design was inspired

Cheers

Last edited by dr steam; 23-11-2012 at 01:10 AM.
dr steam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 01:17 AM   #924
ytch

whatever happened to good ol´ size of light?

too old to grow up....

Wake Up and Smell The Fish!
ytch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 06:48 AM   #925
mata

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytch View Post
whatever happened to good ol´ size of light?
Yes, I for one am literally "Worried" about why Size of Light went away -
I only knew of him since I joined up in Feb - but in that short time before
he went inactive I learnt so much! It's because of his work that I became
interested in "The Shining". His disappearance really is a Worry. I hope
he's okay....
Old 23-11-2012, 08:02 AM   #926
mata

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr steam View Post

"- - I _ _ Saw MURDER"

Interesting and I was not aware of this with his "Shining" hand...

The polar sides are also on one side an artist responding to reality with a thoughtful metaphoric exploration of social order in a challenging film

From the Rolling Stone interview, “you don't make it easy on viewers or critics. You've said you want an audience to react emotionally. You create strong feelings, but you won't give us any easy answers.” Kubrick answers, “That's because I don't have any easy answers.”

The most telling game that Kubrick plays is the references to his own films, as obviously as the soundtrack to 2001 in A Clockwork Orange record store or Quilty calling Humbert, Spartacus in Lolita, to more subtle things like having the name Bowman on the side of a building in EWS. Just as his own appearance in his films (like Hitchcock also did) not to mention his daughter's performances in both 2001 and The Shining...

I actually think that Kubrick also affords himself a cameo in the Sonata Café in EWS. And I'm now starting to wonder if he was also one of the apes in 2001

Photos of the Ahwahnee hotel, upon which the Overlook hotel design was inspired

Cheers
Thanks for that info Dr Steam! I'm gonna be all over the Sonata Cafe like a bad rash this weekend!

Quote:
Haha! Loving It! ("this statement is in now way an endorsement of McDonalds or any of it's associated affiliates"..)

What has kept me going these past months (after losing net access 'til August & freaking out) is something
Kubrick said somewhere - that you will probably already know of........ that "Observancy is a dying art".

I absolutely agree with the elements of social commentary that you have relayed in your posts Dr Steam. This film certainly functions on many more levels than one - and from the get-go you've been right on the trail of getting those aspects down-pat, which has been of great help to me as one pursuing an understanding of the same film (though perhaps from a different angle). The question of Nazi involvement in the status quo and the oppression/murder of the Native Americans, not to mention the question of social manipulation via dysfunctional parenting - and the part that alcohol plays in the same.. These elements are for sure present, front and center, in the film.

The relevance of these elements to the audience at large somewhat overrides what I'm presenting in my own analysis - but I daresay the 'nitty-gritty' that I'm outlining with 'the keys' does, at a distance, reflect the social conundrums that you are pointing out. The secret space program (Nazi Origins), the question of Familial and Social 'Trust' (who can you turn to?) - they are part and parcel of "The Shining" and provide the exterior context of what I am exploring with my work. I just think it's great that we can all be here evaluating this film for what it is - a piece of work by perhaps the finest film-maker ever to have made it through the ranks, one who made his entire life about Film, dodging the bullets, staying 'on task', maintaining the direct integrity of his own Creative Force.

Well, onwards to the Sonata Cafe! Could do with a bit of Eyes Wide Shut, (not enough dress-ups lately!) Cheers, Mata.
Old 23-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #927
cluas

TOTALLY OFF TOPIC:

Size of Light was a regular poster even when i joined- SOL have worked hard, but many just laughed at him.
(Then he started posting pictures of Jessica Alba, and got trolled by various shills)

Here's his last post :

Quote:
SOL:Perhaps you're right and forum sensibilities have changed a lot over the last few years and all the fellas left here are pussy-whipped PC softcocks.

You've sold me on the fact that I don't want to be here anymore.

Bye all. Be well. Hang in there. It'll be ok.

Hope he will return, one of my fave posters

Last edited by cluas; 23-11-2012 at 11:00 AM.
cluas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #928
mata

Thumbs down Totally Off Topic (Also)

Bummer...

This one's for SoL, then.

Soft cock shills > you suck.

Jessica-Alba-is-Hot-For-Christ's-Sake.jpg

*Hope SoL does come back one day

Last edited by mata; 23-11-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 23-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #929
ytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluas View Post
TOTALLY OFF TOPIC:

Size of Light was a regular poster even when i joined- SOL have worked hard, but many just laughed at him.
(Then he started posting pictures of Jessica Alba, and got trolled by various shills)

Here's his last post :

Hope he will return, one of my fave posters
Absolutely!
His acribic analysis of topics like the michigan dogman- video and the shining
led to brainteasing adventures, if you were open minded enough.

I did not agree on everything he concluded,but his input was always most interesting.

So long, SOL, til we meet again...

too old to grow up....

Wake Up and Smell The Fish!
ytch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 10:39 PM   #930
Dude111

What is actually on that spot where that hotel is in the movie,is it a hotel??
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #931
mata

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude111 View Post
What is actually on that spot where that hotel is in the movie,is it a hotel??
Yep, it's called the Timberline Hotel, on the south side of Mt Hood in Oregon - but only those aerial exterior shots were filmed there.
The interiors, the maze, and the aspects of the Hotel's exterior that feature in the plot - were all built on set at Elstree Studios in Hertfordshire, England.
The road in the opening of the film is the 'Going To The Sun Road', in Glacier Park, Montana. What a stunning part of the World!

*The Going To The Sun Road was used when the Torrence family is driving up the the Hotel.
*The aerial shot used in the opening credits is in the area of Mt Hood, visible in shot.

Last edited by mata; 24-11-2012 at 06:27 AM.
Old 23-11-2012, 11:10 PM   #932
mata

Quote:

"- - I _ _ Saw MURDER"
Dr Steam! I only just clicked on to what you pointed out here!!
Old 27-11-2012, 01:32 AM   #933
mata

Arrow Evaluation of The Overlook Hotel July 4th Photo

Stanley Kubrick and Camera 1.jpg

Evaluation of The Overlook Hotel July 4th Photo

Hi again Everyone

The time has come to evaluate the July 4th Photo. In the next sequence of posts I will reveal the 7 Keys that Stanley Kubrick has embedded within the photo, the keys answer the question of "who" was Murdered - and "why". Before I begin, it is important to state that Stanley Kubrick was, first and foremost, a Photographer. At the tender age of 13, his Father gifted him a high quality Graflex Camera for his birthday. Around the same time, a Darkroom was set-up in the family home. It was there that Stanley Kubrick spent the following decade mastering the Art of Photography. Working in the Darkroom was his primary 'self-directed' activity, to the exclusion even of 'school' - in which he had only a passing interest. The level of photographic mastery that Stanley Kubrick achieved during those years is fundamental to understanding the technical complexity of this photograph. Suffice, for now, to say that the adjustments that have been made to the original photograph are far more complex than the addition of Jack Torrence to the scene. In this next set of 7 Keys, I will describe the additions/alterations that Stanley Kubrick has made - and how they clearly reveal the narrative of the Murder, the Murder he has alerted us to within the main body of his Film. In some cases I will start a post and add to it as I complete the 'good versions' of my diagrams. Like the keys from the entire first section (in the preceding pages of this thread) - each of the following will involve a constellation of self-supporting factors. We will now be working within the confines of a very complex image (as well pulling in supporting factors from the film) so, the comparisons and explanations will have to take on a much more visual nature. For this reason most of the submissions will have to be broken up into separate posts - to allow for image posting restrictions.

That aside, hope you enjoy the work. Cheers, Mata.

[TBC..]

Last edited by mata; 27-11-2012 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Pointing out that the First Set of 7 Keys are in previous pages of this thread.
Old 27-11-2012, 03:35 AM   #934
mata

Arrow Key 1- Set 2

Key 1- The Primary Film Characters In The July 4th Photo

There are 7 characters from the film "The Shining" (aside from Jack Torrence) who are present in the July 4th Photo. Each of them contribute, in an interconnected way, to the unravelling of the Murder Narrative. My first step, Key 1, will be to identify who these characters are. From there, in Key 2, I will elaborate on how they elucidate 'the field of play' - specifically in their relation to a multitude of reference markers that Stanley Kubrick has annotated through-out the photograph, as well as to a few that are within the Film itself.

Before I begin, I must point out that there are a number of subtle (but very meaningful) differences between the July 4th Photo as seen at the end of the Film - and the July 4th Photo that is available as a separate Print. I'll refer to the two versions as the 'Film Version' and the 'Print Version' respectively. The differences between them will come up on a number of occasions through-out this last Set of Keys. The first (and most obvious of these differences) reveals the First Film Character, aside from Jack Torrence, who is present in the July 4th Photo.

What I've done below is laid a copy of the Print Version, marked [2], over the top of the Film Version, marked [1] - and displaced the top print to the right slightly. This is in order to show the difference between the far left hand sides of each Version. In the Film Version, the far left side of the print is obscured by a narrow vertical band of shadow that is being cast by the Photo Frame. This shadow is not present in the Print Version.

What this shadow reveals is the First of the 7 film characters. I give this character precedence over the others, because in my view he represents Stanley Kubrick's "Act of Observation". In the image below we find that Stanley Kubrick has inserted Danny, looking over his shoulder towards us, in the same way that he was looking over his shoulder in the Bathroom Scene - (Key 7, Set 1) - though in that instance he was looking towards Stanley Kubrick's face in the shadows. Stanley Kubrick here transfers the Responsibility of Observation over to us, his audience, using Danny as his reference point. Danny here plays 'the passive witness' that will silently illustrate the way forward through the Murder Narrative. Danny directs us to the next area of importance in the July 4th Photo, the 'micro-scene' of a Murder - one that involves the next primary character from the film who is present in the Photo. Here, again, the narrow vertical band of shadow will play an equally revealing role.

[TBC..]

Last edited by mata; 27-11-2012 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Grammar. 'Film Version' is Marked [1]. 'Print Version' is Marked [2]
Old 27-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #935
mata

Arrow Key 1 - Part 2

Follow Danny's 'line of sight', above, see how it leads us to the foreground of the image?..... Before I continue - I want to acknowledge forum member Love_Is, who directed my attention to this region of the photograph. I see that he hasn't been active for some time and hope he re-visits again soon. The step that he took in regards to this detail instigated the chain of events that has led to this body of work. So, my thanks to you Love_Is, where-ever you are! Below is the visual pathway that leads us to the second of the Film's Characters present in the July 4th Photo. It started with Love_Is pointing out the hands you see outlined in the first image below - to which he added the suggestion that there must be something significant about The Woman being pointed at.... and it turned out that there was

Halloran is in his death-throws on the ground behind the Man who is leaving the shot. Halloran's face is reflected by the mirrored 'clutch' in the hand of the white-gloved woman to his right. The woman standing to his left, looking down at him, has Halloran's left hand forward of her right forearm. My next post will go into evaluating Halloran's Hand, establishing it as the element that confirms Halloran's identity in the July 4th Photo. Following that, I'll touch on the first clues that will help with the question of "who" Halloran is representing here. Just want to say that Stanley Kubrick is the man! This photograph has been 'plotted' so masterfully, so organically, with such intricate, painstaking foresight - truly, it just takes my breath away!

[TBC..]

Last edited by mata; 28-11-2012 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Grammar + Clarification. Replaced image 3 with a better version.
Old 27-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #936
mata

Arrow Key 1 - Pt. 2 (cont.)

Rewinding back to the tour of the Hotel Kitchen, take a look at what Halloran does with his hands for the duration of the walking shot as they move towards the Storeroom. Apart from some gestures to accompany his dialogue, Halloran spends the entire time pointing to the Ring on his Left Wedding Finger, prominently using his Right Index Finger for the task. This stands out for one very good reason: Halloran is a Batchelor. When we visit his Florida Apartment later in the Film, Stanley Kubrick has made it evident that Halloran is an un-married man. Now might be a good time to point out that Stanley Kubrick selected all the props for the Florida Apartment, himself - in addition to taking on the job of dressing the Apartment (it was a 'real' apartment, shot on location in Florida. Stanley Kubrick went there personally and organized everything himself, three or four months before the actual shoot). When we also take into account the fact that Stephen King's novel describes Halloran as never having been married, the Wedding Ring he wears through-out the Film takes on an undeniable significance.

Stanley Kubrick is using Halloran's Wedding Ring as a covert marker, one which 'comes into it's own' in the July the 4th photo. Take a look at the image below. On examining the hand in the photo - it's easy to detect that Stanley Kubrick has elongated the Little Finger - out to the length of the Wedding Finger - and then bent it to the left (our left) in order to 'hide' the true (adjusted) length of it. In other words, he has mirrored the Ring Finger, complete with Wedding Ring, in the place where the Little Finger should be, on the outside of the hand. This allows for positive identification of Halloran as the man being reflected in the Mirrored Clutch.

Okay, so Halloran is being Murdered in the July 4th Photo. What next? How do we tease out the Murder Narrative from this point? There is more to this murder scene than simply identifying Halloran. He himself is acting as a symbolic page-marker for the story of a different murder, one which has nothing to do with the characters of the Film. There are several markers in close vicinity to Halloran which can guide us from here. Right now - only two of them need to be mentioned. The first is the man standing in front of Halloran. Take note of the shape of his head. See how Stanley Kubrick has morphed it into taking on the shape of a staircase? This indicates there's a higher conclusion to be reached. It also indicates the direction we must move in to find out what that higher conclusion is. The next clue is one we'll take with us later, when we navigate to the upper region of the photograph: two letters - one upper-case, one lower case, which Stanley Kubrick provides as an entry point to the answer of "who" - in his own private re-telling - has been murdered... and later still, "why".

[TBC..]

Last edited by mata; 28-11-2012 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Image Resize + Grammar + note that the Florida Apartment was shot on location, in Florida.
Old 28-11-2012, 04:34 AM   #937
mata

Arrow Key 1 - Pt. 3

Here in the first chapter of the Film, in office of the Hotel Manager, Stuart Ullman - we find the Third Film Character that's present in the July 4th Photo. Apart from the longer cut of the Film, where Suzy briefly appears bringing Danny into the Gold Room to rejoin his parents (after his first encounter with 'The Twins') - Suzy plays only a very brief role in the Film, an Administrative Role in the Office. The fact that Stanley Kubrick has chosen to place her in such a prominent position in the July 4th photo, 'up-close and personal' with Jack Torrence, as well as 'front-and-center' before us - the audience - would seem an enigma at first. As we move on it'll become apparent why she has been given this high-status placement in the photo. The most important thing to remember about Suzy, is that she is "A Secretary". Two other things about this scene. Notice that "the Eagle has landed"? Smack bang in the center of the frame?... and check out the light fitting above. For me this is reminiscent of two things: a giant oblong photographic flash bulb - and a luminescent Monolith.

[TBC..]

Last edited by mata; 28-11-2012 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 28-11-2012, 05:55 AM   #938
mata

Arrow Key 1 - Pt. 4

Identifying Suzy allows us to make an assumption, that - in addition to Halloran and Jack Torrence, there are likely to be other members of the Hotel Staff in the photo. The area of most interest in this regard is of course the area immediately surrounding Halloran. As it turns out, the man covering Halloran's murder scene is - like Suzy - also an administrative member of Hotel Staff, Bill Watson. Here we have the Fourth Character from the Film present in the July 4th photo. In Stephen King's novel, Bill Watson is described as an uncouth, rather seedy Tradesman - complete with stained overalls, rough speech and mature stubble. However, in the Film, aside from putting his own fairly 'genteel' Watson into a decent Suit - Stanley Kubrick has gone to the length of supplying Watson with a 'Pen Protector' in order that we clearly perceive him as an Administrative Member of Staff. This distinction will come to bear in the not too distant future when it comes to working out who has perpetrated the real crime, the Murder that Stanley Kubrick has been illustrating through-out "The Shining", all this time.

[TBC..]

Last edited by mata; 28-11-2012 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Formatting + Text
Old 28-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #939
neville fan

Just out of curiosity, is there a director's cut of the Shining by any chance? If so has anyone here seen it?

Thanks,

Neville
neville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #940
mata

Quote:
Originally Posted by neville fan View Post
Just out of curiosity, is there a director's cut of the Shining by any chance? If so has anyone here seen it?

Thanks,

Neville

Hi Neville, what could be considered the 'directors cut' is the shorter version of the film, the one that clocks in at 133 mins.

"When released theatrically in the United States, the film ran approx. 146 minutes. However, as explained above, three weeks into its release, Kubrick cut the 2 minute coda from the end of the film, reducing its length to 144 minutes. After meeting with poor reviews and erratic box office, Kubrick decided to further edit the film for its theatrical release outside the US. He cut approximately 31 minutes of footage, reducing the length to 113 minutes. The 144 minute 'US version' is often erroneously called the Director's Cut when in fact director Kubrick regarded the 113 minute version as the superior cut of the film. When the film was released on home video in the US, Kubrick endorsed the shorter version of the film as the 'official' version".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081505/alternateversions