Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
domathy
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Devon, UK.
Posts: 2,964
Likes: 2 (2 Posts)
Default Cacao/Crackao is NOT a superfood.

domathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
plam
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,272
Likes: 7 (6 Posts)
Default

One by one all of these new breeds of super foods
will be exposed as nothing but money making cons.

The term 'super food' is stupid in itself
No food is super food!

But take away the chocolate and raw vegan
food becomes even more blunt!
plam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
supertzar
Senior Member
 
supertzar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 13,225
Likes: 2,870 (1,770 Posts)
Default

I understand there is quite a concentration of minerals in cacao. Is this in question? Just watched a few minutes of the video and have to go soon.

http://bestsuperfoods.wordpress.com/...-minerals-etc/
__________________
Space Doom

Last edited by supertzar; 12-02-2012 at 08:38 PM.
supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #4
lesleypumpshaft
Senior Member
 
lesleypumpshaft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: George Osbourne's crusty gusset
Posts: 5,093
Likes: 3 (2 Posts)
Default

Domathy; I came to the concluson that cacao was shite after it gave me the most god awful migraines, it was a wrongun! Once I worked out the cacao was the culprit it ended up on the compost heap

Quote:
Originally Posted by plam View Post
One by one all of these new breeds of super foods
will be exposed as nothing but money making cons.

The term 'super food' is stupid in itself
No food is super food!

But take away the chocolate and raw vegan
food becomes even more blunt!
Personally I would honestly rather die than eat green smoothies and vegetable juice for the rest of my life. What's the point of living if you can't enjoy fleshy pleasures on occasion such as cake, a piping hot stew or a few vodkas?
__________________
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Last edited by lesleypumpshaft; 12-02-2012 at 08:50 PM.
lesleypumpshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 12:06 AM   #5
psilocybin
Senior Member
 
psilocybin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 895
Likes: 5 (4 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesleypumpshaft View Post
Domathy; I came to the concluson that cacao was shite after it gave me the most god awful migraines, it was a wrongun! Once I worked out the cacao was the culprit it ended up on the compost heap



Personally I would honestly rather die than eat green smoothies and vegetable juice for the rest of my life. What's the point of living if you can't enjoy fleshy pleasures on occasion such as cake, a piping hot stew or a few vodkas?
Why limit yourself there?
Have Maccas for breakfast, KFC for lunch and a roast for dinner every day of the week?

Once you get sick, go to the doc who will prescribe statins and other nice drugs.

You dont NEED to juice organic vegetables to live to a "ripe" old age of 60.
psilocybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 08:21 AM   #6
lesleypumpshaft
Senior Member
 
lesleypumpshaft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: George Osbourne's crusty gusset
Posts: 5,093
Likes: 3 (2 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psilocybin View Post
Why limit yourself there?
Have Maccas for breakfast, KFC for lunch and a roast for dinner every day of the week?

Once you get sick, go to the doc who will prescribe statins and other nice drugs.

You dont NEED to juice organic vegetables to live to a "ripe" old age of 60.
I don't eat meat thanks and suggesting a diet of fast food and roast dinners is just silly .

I tried raw veganism and decided that it was ultimately tedious and a very boring way to eat! The public figures in the raw vegan movement don't do it any favours either, they tend to be rather self righteous and pious aka Durian Rider, Shazzie etc.

Since we will all die anyway does it really matter if you have a cooked meal or treat of some sort at the weekend? Further more, given the state of the UK and the fact that I probably won't have a pension I'm not exactly hoping to live much past 65!
__________________
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde
lesleypumpshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #7
plam
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,272
Likes: 7 (6 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesleypumpshaft View Post
I don't eat meat thanks and suggesting a diet of fast food and roast dinners is just silly .

I tried raw veganism and decided that it was ultimately tedious and a very boring way to eat! The public figures in the raw vegan movement don't do it any favours either, they tend to be rather self righteous and pious aka Durian Rider, Shazzie etc.

Since we will all die anyway does it really matter if you have a cooked meal or treat of some sort at the weekend? Further more, given the state of the UK and the fact that I probably won't have a pension I'm not exactly hoping to live much past 65!
Everything in moderation! Going into extreme is NEVER healthy!
Those that tend to lean towards dietary extremes usually have some psychological problems
Which on turn are usually triggered by an inappropriate nutrition
It's a vicious circle!

Eating mostly raw in winter is SILLY and it burdens the body
which needs more energy to heat itself and therefore digestion must be assisted with cooking
and with yang type of foods!

Don't listen to the vegan nazis Lesley!
Your way must be YOUR way!

Last edited by plam; 13-02-2012 at 10:35 AM.
plam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #8
saty
Senior Member
 
saty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,205
Likes: 116 (74 Posts)
Default

Super foods are a scam pushed by New Age cons like David Wolfe and the rest.Cacao is hard for digestion and it will give you a headache.It also causes rashes.
__________________
Ecclesiastes 11:7 "The light is sweet, and it is delightful for the eyes to see the sun"

Last edited by saty; 13-02-2012 at 10:49 AM.
saty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #9
lesleypumpshaft
Senior Member
 
lesleypumpshaft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: George Osbourne's crusty gusset
Posts: 5,093
Likes: 3 (2 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by plam View Post
Everything in moderation! Going into extreme is NEVER healthy!
Those that tend to lean towards dietary extremes usually have some psychological problems
Which on turn are usually triggered by an inappropriate nutrition
It's a vicious circle!

Eating mostly raw in winter is SILLY and it burdens the body
which needs more energy to heat itself and therefore digestion must be assisted with cooking
and with yang type of foods!

Don't listen to the vegan nazis Lesley!
Your way must be YOUR way!
Yup, I'm with the Chinese on this subject, the Winters in the UK are depressing enough. I live in a beautiful place, it's fab in the Summer and it does attract quite a few visitors, it's pretty bleak at this time of year though!

Raw food in the Summer is great, but I don't relish the thought of huddling round the wood burner with a green smoothy on a freezing day in February

I dislike the snake oil sales people pedalling their organic raw cacao which has been loving picked by well educated fair trade Guatemalan donkeys. This will cure cancer, render you irresistable to the opposite sex and make you immortal This applies to all the other obscure non-foods that cost an arm and a leg but probably do nothing at all other than empty your bank account!

People in the UK got by perfectly well without all these faffy foods before the information age.
__________________
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde
lesleypumpshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #10
plam
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,272
Likes: 7 (6 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesleypumpshaft View Post
I don't relish the thought of huddling round the wood burner with a green smoothy on a freezing day in February



plam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 01:53 PM   #11
supertzar
Senior Member
 
supertzar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 13,225
Likes: 2,870 (1,770 Posts)
Default

Is it looked down upon to speak plainly and truly on this board now? Cool to be glib and bullshitty?



Magnesium: Cacao seems to be the #1 source of magnesium of any food. Magnesium is one of the great alkaline minerals. It helps to support the heart, brain, and digestive system (it fights constipation). Magnesium is also important for building strong bones. Magnesium balances brain chemistry and has a strong influence on feelings of ease and happiness. This is likely the primary reason women crave chocolate during the monthly cycle. Magnesium is the most deficient major mineral on the Standard American Diet (SAD); over 80% of Americans are chronically deficient in Magnesium! Cacao has enough magnesium to help reverse deficiencies of this mineral.

Iron: Cacao contains 314% of the U.S. RDA of iron per 1 ounce (28 gram) serving. Iron is a critical mineral in nutrition. Iron is part of the oxygen carrying protein called hemoglobin that keeps our blood healthy.

Chromium: Chromium is an important trace mineral that helps balance blood sugar. Nearly 80% of Americans are deficient in this trace mineral. Chromium plays a significant role in detoxifying the liver from alcohols which build up during the fermentation process of sugars and starchs when we overeat or make bad food choices. It has a major influence on blood cleanse.

Anandamide: Anandamide (The Bliss Chemical) is an endorphin that the human body naturally produces after exercise. Anandamide has so far only been found in one plant — Cacao. Anandamide is known as “The Bliss Chemical” because it is released while we are feeling great. Cacao contains enzyme inhibitors that decrease our bodies’ ability to breakdown anandamide. This means that, when we eat cacao, natural anandamide and/or cacao anandamide may stick around longer, making us feel good longer.

Theobromine: Cacao usually contains about 1% theobromine. Theobromine is an effective anti-bacterial substance and kills streptococci mutans (the primary organism that causes cavities). Theobromine is a chemical relative of caffeine but is not a nervous system stimulant. Theobromine dilates the cardiovascular system making the heart’s job easier. This is one of the major reasons why cacao is an important part of a heart healthy diet.

Antioxidants: Cacao contains the highest concentration of antioxidants of any food in the world. These antioxidants include polyphenols, catechins, and epicatechins. By weight, Cacao has more antioxidants than red wine, blueberries, acai, pomegranates, and goji berries COMBINED.

Cacao Also Contains the Following Important Unique Nutrients:

Manganese: Manganese helps assist iron in the oxygenation of the blood and formation of hemoglobin. Interestingly, manganese is also concentrated in tears.

Zinc: Zinc plays a critical role in the immune system, liver, pancreas, and skin. Additionally, zinc is involved in thousands of enzymatic reactions throughout the human body.

Vitamin C: Cacao must be raw to contain vitamin C. All cooked and processed chocolate has no vitamin C. A one ounce (28 gram) serving of Cacao Beans supplies 21% of the U.S. RDA of Vitamin C. However, Cacao goes really good with fruits and greens that are high in Vitamin C and should be consumed together, there are yummy smoothies in our recipe section.

Omega 6 Fatty Acids: Cacao contains essential omega 6 fatty acids when it is RAW.

Phenethylamine (PEA):
Phenylethylamine (PEA) is found in abundance in cacao. Because PEA is heat sensitive, much of the PEA in conventional cooked and processed chocolate is missing. PEA is the chemical that we produce in our bodies when we fall in love. This is likely one of the main reasons why love and chocolate have such a deep connection. PEA also plays a role in increasing focus and alertness.


Tryptophan:
Tryptophan is an essential amino acid that is transformed into important stress-protective neurotransmitters including serotonin and melatonin. Tryptophan is heat sensitive and therefore it is “cooked out” in many high protein foods and in conventional processed chocolate.

Serotonin: Serotonin is the primary neurotransmitter in the human body. Serotonin is similar in its chemistry to tryptophan and melatonin. Serotonin helps us build up our “stress defense shield.”

Does Cacao Contain Caffeine?
Specialists have different opinions about the subject. David Woolfe quote: ‘… Contrary to popular opinion, cacao is a poor source of caffeine. A typical sample of Cacao Beans or cacao beans will yield anywhere from zero caffeine to 1,000 parts per million of caffeine (less than 1/20th of the caffeine present in coffee)….’
__________________
Space Doom
supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #12
lesleypumpshaft
Senior Member
 
lesleypumpshaft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: George Osbourne's crusty gusset
Posts: 5,093
Likes: 3 (2 Posts)
Default

Unfortunately it's the high Theobromine content that causes the migraines in people who are sensitive to cacao/chocolate.
__________________
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde
lesleypumpshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #13
supertzar
Senior Member
 
supertzar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 13,225
Likes: 2,870 (1,770 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesleypumpshaft View Post
Unfortunately it's the high Theobromine content that causes the migraines in people who are sensitive to cacao/chocolate.
It doesn't cause me any headaches. More to the point - that is a distinguished list of nutrients.
__________________
Space Doom
supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #14
lesleypumpshaft
Senior Member
 
lesleypumpshaft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: George Osbourne's crusty gusset
Posts: 5,093
Likes: 3 (2 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
It doesn't cause me any headaches. More to the point - that is a distinguished list of nutrients.
Good for you, it's certainly a tasy ingredient and it's lovely sprinkled on mashed up banana. For me raw cacao caused the most awful migraines while eating it, nausea, full on flashing lights lasting for days

They cleared up when I stopped eating it, chocolate of any kind is a common migraine trigger. Raw cacao is the super concentrated version
__________________
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde
lesleypumpshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #15
supertzar
Senior Member
 
supertzar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 13,225
Likes: 2,870 (1,770 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesleypumpshaft View Post
Good for you, it's certainly a tasy ingredient and it's lovely sprinkled on mashed up banana. For me raw cacao caused the most awful migraines while eating it, nausea, full on flashing lights lasting for days

They cleared up when I stopped eating it, chocolate of any kind is a common migraine trigger. Raw cacao is the super concentrated version
I even like this extract powder called chocamine. 200-400mg brings laser focus.
__________________
Space Doom
supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #16
domathy
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Devon, UK.
Posts: 2,964
Likes: 2 (2 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
It doesn't cause me any headaches. More to the point - that is a distinguished list of nutrients.
Im on my phone so can't reply properly, but lesley is right. Cacao is very stimulating. You don't buzz when you drink wheatgrass which is nutritionally superior in many ways. It's not the nutrients which give you a kick when you eat cacao ; its the caffine and theobromine. It's no good listing nutrient values of something but neglecting to mention the downsides ie alcohol and mushrooms may have certain nutrients but that doesn't mean they're good for you. Nutrients take time to enter the blood and to translate to more energy, but cacao gives an instant buzz, hence it is a stimulant. I've eaten it everyday for a week, and don't get headaches nor feel major downsides, but can feel it is just a recreational food with no major health benefits. It's a good alternative to coffee of cadburys tho. Cannabis people like choccy as when metabolised has very similar properties to THC apparently. The vid covers good points if you'll watch.the whole thing.
domathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #17
supertzar
Senior Member
 
supertzar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 13,225
Likes: 2,870 (1,770 Posts)
Default

You're saying the benefits of the nutrients listed are cancelled out by theobromine? Why wouldn't we get benefit from all those minerals and special compounds like anandamide? That is an endo-cannabinoid by the way. To find that in a food is pretty great.

Cacao rules, you fools!
__________________
Space Doom

Last edited by supertzar; 13-02-2012 at 02:39 PM.
supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #18
domathy
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Devon, UK.
Posts: 2,964
Likes: 2 (2 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
You're saying the benefits of the nutrients listed are cancelled out by theobromine? Why wouldn't we get benefit from all those minerals and special compounds like anandamide? That is an endo-cannabinoid by the way. To find that in a food is pretty great.

Cacao rules, you fools!
Maybe ill experiment with it for just one more week. I promise I can give up whenever I like honest I can.
domathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #19
supertzar
Senior Member
 
supertzar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 13,225
Likes: 2,870 (1,770 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by domathy View Post
Maybe ill experiment with it for just one more week. I promise I can give up whenever I like honest I can.
Because how Domathy feels about a food is more important than what is actually in it.
__________________
Space Doom
supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #20
pinkiepie
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 637
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

all right guys lissen up we have a big case over here.
and i would really appreciate your help.
) Max Heindel, a famous rosecrucian mentioned in one of his books that cacao contained the highest amount of "the mineral that ages us".
According to him, almost all foods have a slight amount of this mineral or whatever it is that ages us, carrots and lettuce being the least (healthy) and cocoa being the most containing.
)he may turn out to be a fraud, but i still wanna know.
what is this ingredient that ages our blood/bones?
Because i only see good nutrients in cocoa.
is it suppose to contain phenylalanine or stearic acid?
is stearic acid the cause of aging? that makes your stomach stop accepting vitamins from food?
pinkiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:13 PM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.