Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Entertainment Industry

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 27-12-2011, 03:09 PM   #1
techman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,160
Likes: 1,228 (681 Posts)
Default James Bond 007 themes and symbolisms

Amongst all of the movie franchises out there, James Bond is one of those that has to have many themes which are hidden within the story/plot, its villians, allies, the gadgets/technology, and within the main character itself. There's just too many to mention here. Each film, I feel, contains references to either the occult, secret societies (or secrecy in general), the secret cold war, controlling forces hidden in the shadows (in the form of world domination), as well as ploys/devices used to destoy the world and its people, or another country. Disinformation is also referenced in the form of villains posing as allies.

The codename, 007, is an abvious example; just by co-incidence the number 7 is included in Bond's official licence. I love how in Goldfinger they 'supposedly' had the original idea to show only 003 on the clock at the end when Bond stops the bomb in Fort Knox. I'm sure they originally had 007 in mind from the begining, maybe i'm wrong.

Another curious symbolism i've noticed is in For Your Eyes Only. Apart from eye symbolism, the names Columbo (the name of Bond's allie played by Topol) is used; he is also refered to as the 'Dove'. The dove symbol is shown throughout as revealed in the cufflinks.

A View to a Kill: Symbolism may be apparent in the title song, however, I feel the overall theme in AVTAK is the microchip, or more so, Zorin's microchipping of the horses so that they can be more athletic and win. Also, the theme of technology being used to control earthquakes as in the scene when Zorin sets off controlled devices under the sea to try and destroy sillicon valley. We also have a slight reference maybe to snooping technology which is revealed when Q uses a robotic kitten to spy on Bond.

Anyone else noticed any other themes?

Last edited by techman; 27-12-2011 at 03:11 PM.
techman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 11:13 PM   #2
flamingflynn
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 645
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by techman View Post

Anyone else noticed any other themes?
No.

There hasn't been a film made yet where the over imaginative amongst us cannot concoct symbols and 'hidden meanings' out of things.
flamingflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 11:34 PM   #3
lightgiver
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Inactive
Posts: 36,483
Likes: 237 (190 Posts)
Arrow 007

Le Chiffre, alias "Die Nummer", "Mr. Number", "Herr Ziffer", "Ochiu Spart" (Romanian for "Smashed Eye") and other translations of "The Number" or "The Cipher" in various languages, is the paymaster of the "Syndicat des Ouvriers d'Alsace" (French for "Syndicate of the Alsatian Workmen"), a SMERSH-controlled trade union.


. Crowley's present day admirers see him as a white magician, but Crowley himself was not so sure about it. In the 1920s he wrote in his diary: "I may be a black magician but I'm bloody great one."




Energetically he established 'black magic temples' in Italy ... and England, and wrote numerous books...



"O Land of Our Conception"

Oh cabbage-heads soaked in rum!
On the blink, on the tum!
It's right, tight, put out the light!
Putty faces!
Oh grimaces
At this time of night!
Let me draw, paint, sculp
Your faces of pulp!
Oh gulp!
Put out the light!
Diabolically, divinely bright tight!
(from 'G-R-R-R-R-R!', 1916)

Fleming based the character on occultist Aleister Crowley.



http://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=168933
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 04:50 AM   #4
lizzyking
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: mittenville sector Z5-1
Posts: 7,166
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

lizzyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 01:27 AM   #5
lightgiver
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Inactive
Posts: 36,483
Likes: 237 (190 Posts)
Lightbulb Justerini & Brooks




Justerini & Brooks (commonly known as J&B) is a blended Scotch whisky. The company is owned by multinational Diageo plc...As part of this expansion in Leven, Diageo culled a herd of roe deer living on the site to make way for new buildings...

http://forum.davidicke.com/showpost....9&postcount=15


Last edited by lightgiver; 14-04-2012 at 01:44 AM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 03:00 AM   #6
jp13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,103
Likes: 40 (28 Posts)
Smile

A few years ago I was listening to one of the tracks on Moby's first album Run, and there is a little cameo of the music from Goldfinger (I think it's Goldfinger the movie) it is only a few bars of music that I didn't notice at first, after I heard it a few times I could follow the music and found it to be a James Bond theme.
I am frustrated that I can't remember the track on the Moby album "Run" I think it maybe the one where he starts by singing "in my dreams I'm dying all the time"
__________________
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." - Herbert Spencer
jp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 03:14 AM   #7
noobcybot
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,824
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

I tell you what I do find interesting. Apparently, James Bond is opening the Olympics. Make of that what you will. Also in the new film MI6 headquarters get blown up......again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp13 View Post
A few years ago I was listening to one of the tracks
on Moby's first album Run, and there is a little cameo of the music from Goldfinger (I think it's Goldfinger the movie) it is only a few bars of music that I didn't notice at first, after I heard it a few times I could follow the music and found it to be a James Bond theme.
I am frustrated that I can't remember the track on the Moby album "Run" I think it maybe the one where he starts by singing "in my dreams I'm dying all the time"
The track you mentioned is 'Porcelain'. He actually did a remix of the Bond theme that was pretty popular and had Goldfinger dialogue in it.
noobcybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #8
decode reality
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 24,061
Likes: 4,369 (2,796 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by techman View Post
Amongst all of the movie franchises out there, James Bond is one of those that has to have many themes which are hidden within the story/plot, its villians, allies, the gadgets/technology, and within the main character itself. There's just too many to mention here. Each film, I feel, contains references to either the occult, secret societies (or secrecy in general), the secret cold war, controlling forces hidden in the shadows (in the form of world domination), as well as ploys/devices used to destoy the world and its people, or another country. Disinformation is also referenced in the form of villains posing as allies.

The codename, 007, is an abvious example; just by co-incidence the number 7 is included in Bond's official licence. I love how in Goldfinger they 'supposedly' had the original idea to show only 003 on the clock at the end when Bond stops the bomb in Fort Knox. I'm sure they originally had 007 in mind from the begining, maybe i'm wrong.

Another curious symbolism i've noticed is in For Your Eyes Only. Apart from eye symbolism, the names Columbo (the name of Bond's allie played by Topol) is used; he is also refered to as the 'Dove'. The dove symbol is shown throughout as revealed in the cufflinks.

A View to a Kill: Symbolism may be apparent in the title song, however, I feel the overall theme in AVTAK is the microchip, or more so, Zorin's microchipping of the horses so that they can be more athletic and win. Also, the theme of technology being used to control earthquakes as in the scene when Zorin sets off controlled devices under the sea to try and destroy sillicon valley. We also have a slight reference maybe to snooping technology which is revealed when Q uses a robotic kitten to spy on Bond.

Anyone else noticed any other themes?
I'm sure they do have references in there. But you must admit those films were brilliant too. Especially with Connery, though Roger Moore was great. I can take it as pure entertainment and not be 'subliminally' influenced.

Last edited by decode reality; 14-04-2012 at 09:02 AM.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #9
ultimate_warlord
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Andromeda
Posts: 4,331
Likes: 4 (2 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingflynn
No.

There hasn't been a film made yet where the over imaginative amongst us cannot concoct symbols and 'hidden meanings' out of things.
Too bad the less developed imaginations have to come to this forum to justify keeping their blinders on, then.




Great thread techman...Thanks.

KEEP IT GOING...Lots of research to be done on the James Bond theme.


Last edited by ultimate_warlord; 14-04-2012 at 11:54 AM.
ultimate_warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #10
bobthegoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 391
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_warlord View Post
Too bad the less developed imaginations have to come to this forum to justify keeping their blinders on, then.




Great thread techman...Thanks.

KEEP IT GOING...Lots of research to be done on the James Bond theme.

James Bond Symbolism - The Occult Truth - Illuminati Revelation - YouTube
Yes. The James Bond books and films were created by the 'spooks' themselves so they will be (are) chock full of interesting things.

If nothing else they are out-and-out propaganda/good PR for the respective intelligence agencies.

Last edited by bobthegoon; 14-04-2012 at 03:41 PM.
bobthegoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #11
ultimate_warlord
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Andromeda
Posts: 4,331
Likes: 4 (2 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthegoon View Post
Yes. The James Bond books and films were created by the 'spooks' themselves so they will be (are) chock full of interesting things.

If nothing else they are out-and-out propaganda/good PR for the respective intelligence agencies.
EXACTLY...BTW I think George Lazenby was the second best Bond after Connery.
Nice Avatar.
ultimate_warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:11 PM   #12
lightgiver
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Inactive
Posts: 36,483
Likes: 237 (190 Posts)
Lightbulb You only live 7777


James Bond is the only agent 007. During You Only Live Twice, Bond was transferred into another branch and given the number 7777, suggesting there was no active agent 007 in that time; he is reinstated as such in The Man with the Golden Gun. In the John Gardner novels, agent 007 is the remaining active 00-agent, the section was disbanded in the 1980s, later contradicted by Raymond Benson's novels...

Squawk codes are four-digit octal numbers; the dials on a transponder read from zero to seven, inclusive. Thus the lowest possible squawk is 0000 and the highest is 7777.

Air traffic control units use the term "squawk" when they are assigning an aircraft a transponder code, e.g., "Squawk 7421". Squawk or squawking thus can be said to mean "select transponder code" or "I have selected transponder code xxxx"


lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #13
lightgiver
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Inactive
Posts: 36,483
Likes: 237 (190 Posts)
Lightbulb Three Blind Mice

John Strangways, the British Intelligence (SIS) Station Chief in Jamaica, is ambushed and killed, and his body taken by a trio of assassins known as the "Three Blind Mice". In response, British agent James Bond—also known as 007—is summoned to the office of his superior, M. Bond is briefed to investigate Strangways' disappearance and to determine whether it is related to his cooperation with the American Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) on a case involving the disruption of rocket launches from Cape Canaveral by radio jamming...

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=209
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:15 AM   #14
lightgiver
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Inactive
Posts: 36,483
Likes: 237 (190 Posts)
Lightbulb Intelligence Agent


Quote:
The choice of movie is interesting because it was written by Ian Fleming, the intelligence agent, friend of Aleister Crowley and author of the James Bond novels. The movie features a king and queen who hate children. They employ a child catcher to lure children, abduct them, and put them in a cage.This period is the last seven days of the cycle of the Oak Tree, according to esoteric law, and the ritual was called The Awakening of the Bride.“The Royal family have got lots of babies all over the world”...
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showt...=234167&page=2
..http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...7&postcount=38
...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...6&postcount=44

Last edited by lightgiver; 02-02-2013 at 02:17 AM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:21 PM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.