Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 18-11-2011, 01:29 PM   #1
not amused

Default Natalie Wood

Sheriff's Department reopens Natalie Wood case

The coroner originally ruled the actress' 1981 death an accident, but investigators want to talk to the captain of the yacht Wood and her husband were on the weekend she died off Santa Catalina.

Related
PHOTO: Hollywood couple
PHOTOS: Natalie Wood
Topics
Accidental Death
Law Enforcement
Natalie Wood
See more topics »
By Richard Winton, Sam Allen and Andrew Blankstein
Los Angeles Times
6:43 a.m. CST, November 18, 2011

Thirty years after Natalie Wood died off Santa Catalina Island, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department announced Thursday that it was reopening the investigation into one of Hollywood's most enduring mysteries.

Wood, 43, was boating off the island on Thanksgiving weekend 1981 with her husband, Robert Wagner, fellow actor Christopher Walken and others when she somehow went overboard and died. Officials at the time ruled her death an accident, but there has been much speculation since over whether there was more to the story.

Sheriff Lee Baca said detectives want to talk to the captain of the boat after learning of comments he recently made about what happened on board. Baca did not provide further details, adding only that the captain "made comments worthy of exploring."

A law enforcement source added that the department recently received a letter from an unidentified "third party" who said the captain had "new recollections" about the case. The source spoke on the condition of anonymity because the case was ongoing.

The captain, Dennis Davern, co-wrote the book "Goodbye Natalie, Goodbye Splendour" last year. In the book he described bitter arguments aboard the boat that weekend. In an interview last year on CNN, Davern said he believed the original investigation was woefully incomplete.

Davern could not be reached for comment Thursday.

Wagner released a statement through his spokesman expressing support for a new investigation into his wife's death.

Wagner says he "trusts they will evaluate whether any new information relating to the death of Natalie Wood Wagner is valid, and that it comes from a credible source or sources other than those simply trying to profit from the 30 year anniversary of her tragic death," Wagner's spokesman, Alan Nierob, said in a statement.

Wood and Wagner spent the holiday weekend on their 60-foot yacht, Splendour, along with Walken, who was Wood's co-star in the film "Brainstorm."

On the evening of Saturday, Nov. 28, the boat anchored and the trio had dinner at Doug's Harbor Reef restaurant on Catalina. Later, they returned to the yacht and had drinks. Wagner and Walken had an argument. Wagner said in a 2008 interview with The Times that the argument concerned how much of one's personal life should be sacrificed in pursuit of one's career and art.

Wagner and Walken eventually calmed down and said good night, Wagner said. But when he went to bed, Wood wasn't there.

Wagner thought his wife had taken a small inflatable boat by herself as she had done before, his spokesman said after the incident. But after 10 to 15 minutes passed without her returning, Wagner went to look for her on a small cruiser. When he couldn't find her, he contacted the harbor patrol.

Wood's body was discovered about 8 a.m. Sunday by authorities about a mile away from the yacht. The dinghy was found beached nearby.

A woman on another boat claimed to have heard cries for help about midnight Saturday, The Times reported. Other boat owners told the newspaper they heard no cries that night, but the weather was described as cold and rainy.

L.A. County Coroner Thomas T. Noguchi later ruled the death an accident, saying that Wood had slipped while trying to enter the dinghy and drowned. Bruises on Wood's left cheek were consistent with her having fallen and striking the yacht as she went into the water, he said at a news conference days after her death.

"It was not a homicide. It was not a suicide. It was an accident," Noguchi said.

The examination of Wood's body determined that she had a blood-alcohol level of 0.14%, and Noguchi commented that there was "much recreational drinking going on" that night.

Noguchi also described the disagreement between Wagner and Walken as a "nonviolent argument."

In the 2008 interview about his memoir, "Pieces of My Heart," Wagner said it was "very difficult, very painful" to write about his wife's death.

"I have gone over it so many millions of times with people. Nobody heard anything," Wagner said.

Wagner said the evidence suggests "she had slipped and rolled into the water, which makes a lot of sense because the boat — when they found it, it hadn't been started and the oars were all in the same position. There was no evidence that she tried to get in it."

The Sheriff's Department said it was "recently contacted" with new information about Wood's death. Producers from CBS' "48 Hours," who are working on a special segment with Vanity Fair magazine airing Saturday, said they contacted the Sheriff's Department after learning that detectives had new information in the case.

ARCHIVES: Natalie Wood's death

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]
Copyright © 2011, Los Angeles Times

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...,5632508.story
Old 18-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
synak

I remember hearing a few years ago how Walken and Wagner were fighting over her on the yacht that night and the next day authorities find her dead body full of large bruises and injuries. Some people have been calling murder for many many years now.
Buying in just like a bunch of fools
Time is ticking and we can't go back (my oh my)

- Ana, We Are
synak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
ronisron
Inactive

I read this on Yahoo! and was surprised that after all this time they would do something in terms of reopening or reinvestigating the case.

She was supposedly terrified of the water, so she must have been really drunk to want to hop into a dinghy that's tethered to a boat that's rocking in fair sized waves. Drunk and terrified. OR, she was beaten and dumped in the water and the ridiculous alibi was concocted. Was it Walken? He's a creepy bastard, but he was supposedly in the midst of an affair with her, so he was umm, winning if you will. Wagner was obviously deeply attached to this woman to have wanted to remarry her after she had ditched him previously for a man who she married and had children with. Wagner was possibly on the verge of losing her AGAIN, in the same way, and this incident goes down.

Maybe Wagner invited Walken to come with Wood and himself out to the middle of the ocean to "have it out". Man to man, ask Walken to back away, ask his wife to end her affair and stay with him. Walken tentatively agrees, goes to bed. Ms Wood is drunk, confused, and says "I don't want to let Walken go, I'm in love with him". Wagner,also drinking goes ballistic, heat of passion, beats her and dumps her, and concocts the story. Walken may have his doubts about what happened, but shuts his mouth because he doesn't have the swing that Wagner does in Hollywood, and enjoys being alive. As for Wood's sister and her "expert" opinion, those kids were sold into Hollywood by their parents a long time ago.

It's fun to speculate on things like this. I'm sticking to my theory. Time to consult the Sherriff with my findings.
ronisron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #4
spectero666
Banned

Just throwing this out there....but Christopher Walken...cool actor...has a unnerving presence about him......more so since Natalie's death....the eyes they never lie.
spectero666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #5
lightgiver

Lightbulb Suss

Quote:
Originally Posted by not amused View Post
Sheriff's Department reopens Natalie Wood case

The coroner originally ruled the actress' 1981 death an accident, but investigators want to talk to the captain of the yacht Wood and her husband were on the weekend she died off Santa Catalina.

Related
PHOTO: Hollywood couple
PHOTOS: Natalie Wood
Topics
Accidental Death
Law Enforcement
Natalie Wood
See more topics »
By Richard Winton, Sam Allen and Andrew Blankstein
Los Angeles Times
6:43 a.m. CST, November 18, 2011

Thirty years after Natalie Wood died off Santa Catalina Island, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department announced Thursday that it was reopening the investigation into one of Hollywood's most enduring mysteries.

Wood, 43, was boating off the island on Thanksgiving weekend 1981 with her husband, Robert Wagner, fellow actor Christopher Walken and others when she somehow went overboard and died. Officials at the time ruled her death an accident, but there has been much speculation since over whether there was more to the story.
sound's fishy to me...how can someone just fall overboard and drown...when people are on the same yacht...
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2011, 07:35 PM   #6
uberstate
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
sound's fishy to me...how can someone just fall overboard and drown...when people are on the same yacht...
Its not impossible but the fact there was bruising and such makes it a little bit more suspect.
uberstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2011, 07:40 PM   #7
dawnbreak
Banned

It's very surprising this is being reopened?

Stephanie Powers is in one of those reality shows just now, do you think it is odd Robert wagner is now featuring in the media too?

Is Hart to Hart the movie due to be released or something ?

A very odd situation with Natalie Wood
dawnbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2011, 07:48 PM   #8
hadabusa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectero666 View Post
Just throwing this out there....but Christopher Walken...cool actor...has a unnerving presence about him......more so since Natalie's death....the eyes they never lie.
indeed he has that serial killer charme

maybe its bc he resembles jigsaw from saw series.

Last edited by hadabusa; 18-11-2011 at 07:49 PM. Reason: add
hadabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #9
mrs_potatohead

Quote:
On the evening of Saturday, Nov. 28, the boat anchored and the trio had dinner at Doug's Harbor Reef restaurant on Catalina. Later, they returned to the yacht and had drinks. Wagner and Walken had an argument. Wagner said in a 2008 interview with The Times that the argument concerned how much of one's personal life should be sacrificed in pursuit of one's career and art.
Take out three words and you have a real conspiracy.
mrs_potatohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2011, 09:34 PM   #10
cathar
Banned

Walken didn't have a motive..IMO.

Wood died before Brainstorm was completed.....WTF.....
cathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2011, 09:42 PM   #11
cathar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs_potatohead View Post
Take out three words and you have a real conspiracy.

Wagner means> One who drove a cart...one who made wagons,,,a cartwright...

In modern days it's the equalivant of being a truck driver or an auto mechanic......How many honest auto mechanic's are out there....

There is no info about Wagner's childhood in the wiki bio....but he liked to spend money....and he was a pretty boy...and they were all drunk....& he had to have known his wife was having an affair...if that part is true.....
cathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2011, 09:50 PM   #12
not amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronisron View Post
I read this on Yahoo! and was surprised that after all this time they would do something in terms of reopening or reinvestigating the case.

She was supposedly terrified of the water, so she must have been really drunk to want to hop into a dinghy that's tethered to a boat that's rocking in fair sized waves. Drunk and terrified. OR, she was beaten and dumped in the water and the ridiculous alibi was concocted. Was it Walken? He's a creepy bastard, but he was supposedly in the midst of an affair with her, so he was umm, winning if you will. Wagner was obviously deeply attached to this woman to have wanted to remarry her after she had ditched him previously for a man who she married and had children with. Wagner was possibly on the verge of losing her AGAIN, in the same way, and this incident goes down.

Maybe Wagner invited Walken to come with Wood and himself out to the middle of the ocean to "have it out". Man to man, ask Walken to back away, ask his wife to end her affair and stay with him. Walken tentatively agrees, goes to bed. Ms Wood is drunk, confused, and says "I don't want to let Walken go, I'm in love with him". Wagner,also drinking goes ballistic, heat of passion, beats her and dumps her, and concocts the story. Walken may have his doubts about what happened, but shuts his mouth because he doesn't have the swing that Wagner does in Hollywood, and enjoys being alive. As for Wood's sister and her "expert" opinion, those kids were sold into Hollywood by their parents a long time ago.

It's fun to speculate on things like this. I'm sticking to my theory. Time to consult the Sherriff with my findings.
CONSPIRACY lol I wonder if the coroner suddenly came into money, Walken has always looked a bit shifty, didn't he hang out with Keith moon and Harry Neilson ?

Last edited by not amused; 18-11-2011 at 10:04 PM. Reason: to add the word he lol
not amused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2011, 10:35 PM   #13
apollo_gnomon
Banned

I started a thread on this conspiracy a while back.

http://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=130595

CIA was known to use Hollywood assets in Europe, under the cover of film projects. She was born Natalia Nikolaevna Zakharenko to Russian immigrant parents in San Fran. She spoke flawless Russian.
apollo_gnomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2011, 11:02 PM   #14
not amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo_gnomon View Post
I started a thread on this conspiracy a while back.

http://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=130595

CIA was known to use Hollywood assets in Europe, under the cover of film projects. She was born Natalia Nikolaevna Zakharenko to Russian immigrant parents in San Fran. She spoke flawless Russian.
nice one mate, I will look at it.
Old 18-11-2011, 11:35 PM   #15
not amused

the plot thickens after reading this post.

18-08-2010, 04:07 AM #1
apollo_gnomon

Natalie Wood Murder
This came up in another thread today, but it should have it's own thread to keep it from disappearing.

Natalie Wood, Hollywood actress born of Russian Immigrant parents, died in 1981 under suspicious circumstances.

Supposedly she fell off a boat, drunk, and didn't know enough to take her down jacket off to reduce weight. Her body was found a mile away from the yacht, and the rubber dingy was found a mile away from there.

Quote:
Born Natalia Nikolaevna Zakharenko in San Francisco, her parents, Maria Stepanova (née Zudilova) and Nikolai Zacharenko,[3] both Russian immigrants. Her father was born in Vladivostok and the family fled Russia during the Revolution. He was sent to live with relatives in Canada, but later moved to San Francisco, where he worked as a day laborer and carpenter.[4] Natalie's mother originally came from Siberia, but grew up in the Chinese city of Harbin. She described her family by weaving mysterious tales of being either gypsies or landowning aristocrats.[3] In her youth her mother dreamed of becoming an actress or ballet dancer.

Sister, yacht captain want Natalie Wood case reopened
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/08/...ood/index.html

It's well known that Hollywood actors, directors and producers were used by the CIA to spy during the cold war - they were able to travel in Europe more freely than most under the auspices of film work. This was a classic "Hiding in plain sight" move. Her mother and father were Russian immigrants, giving her more ability to blend in with the soviet establishment during her mission in East germany.

http://www.suite101.com/content/leslie-howard-a199129
Leslie Howard
Hollywood Actor or World War II Spy?

Quote:
At 27, Wagner became involved with teenage actress Natalie Wood and married her on December 28, 1957. The couple soon became involved in financial troubles.[citation needed] At Fox, Wagner's career was slowly being overtaken by newer actors such as Marlon Brando and Paul Newman. The two separated in September 1961 and divorced on April 27, 1962. Wagner, with his career stalled due to a lack of studio support, broke his studio contract with 20th Century Fox.[12] and moved to Europe in search of better film roles.

While in Europe he met an old friend, actress Marion Marshall. After a brief courtship, Wagner, Marshall, and her two children from her marriage to Stanley Donen, in the spring of 1963 moved back to America.[2] Wagner and Marshall married on July 22, 1963 in the Bronx Courthouse. Soon after, they had a daughter, Katie Wagner (born May 11, 1964). The two were together for nearly nine years before they separated in late 1970. They were divorced on April 26, 1971. He then had a relationship with Tina Sinatra in 1971.[2]

Wagner kept in contact with Natalie Wood, whose short-lived marriage to Richard Gregson ended in early 1972. Wagner remarried her on July 16, 1972. Their only child, Courtney Wagner, was born on March 9, 1974. On November 29, 1981, Wood drowned near their yacht Splendour while moored near Catalina Island with Wagner and Christopher Walken, who was co-starring with her in the motion picture Brainstorm. Wagner subsequently became the legal guardian of Wood's daughter Natasha Gregson. He is estranged from Natalie Wood's sister Lana Wood,[13] who claims Wagner refused to let her see her nieces after Natalie Wood's death.[14]
{wikipedia**

Wagner and Walken both spent time in Europe; Walken made his first "big" film there - a story of mind control.
Quote:
Walken made his feature film debut with a small role opposite Sean Connery in Sidney Lumet's The Anderson Tapes . In 1972's The Mind Snatchers A.K.A. The Happiness Cage, Walken played his first starring role.[12] In this science fiction film, which deals with mind control and normalization, he plays a sociopathic U.S. soldier stationed in Germany.
{wikipedia**

Supposedly, the night Wood died Wagner was drunk, angry and jealous of Natalie's association with Walken in the movie "Brainstorm", another movie about mind control. Yet, neither Walken nor Wagner ever accused the other of killing her.

The yacht captain knew something weird happened that night, and has made moves to reopen the case. Don't expect this case to reveal anything, but instead watch for it to quietly disappear.
Old 18-11-2011, 11:37 PM   #16
lightgiver

Arrow Man Overboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberstate View Post
Its not impossible but the fact there was bruising and such makes it a little bit more suspect.
So if she fell in the water...I am sure she would've shouted for help...
Old 18-11-2011, 11:54 PM   #17
clint_giles
Banned

More Bullshit for the sheep to talk about at the water cooler,"omg did ya hear?"
anyways once people come back to reality,then and only then will things get better....
clint_giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 12:20 AM   #18
not amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint_giles View Post
More Bullshit for the sheep to talk about at the water cooler,"omg did ya hear?"
anyways once people come back to reality,then and only then will things get better....
hi clint, how are you, hope your well, thanks for popping in, smilies are not working but I send you a grin.
Old 19-11-2011, 12:38 AM   #19
lightgiver

Lightbulb Holy Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint_giles View Post
Why is it BS ?
Old 19-11-2011, 12:40 AM   #20
clint_giles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by not amused View Post
hi clint, how are you, hope your well, thanks for popping in, smilies are not working but I send you a grin.
Thank you Sir,back at you Oldtimer...
clint_giles is offline   Reply With Quote