Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 26-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #1
harryflashman

Default why are governments obsessed with banning drugs?

this is one thing I have never really understood. The possibility that our friendly governmental representatives are just looking out for our best interests (particularly because antidrug laws clearly cause many more problems than they solve) seems unlikely. So why is such rabid anti-drugs legislation such a common theme right across almost all countries with massive punishments (even the death penalty) for something so ridiculous as being in possession of a simple plant. The following possibilities come to mind but still to me do not really to me fully account for the official antidrugs obsession.

1) they want to control the drugs supply themselves and keep the profits (possible since the CIA have clearly been involved in using drug trafficking to generate funds for their ops- but still seems difficult to implement on a sufficiently large scale).

2) they want to keep the workers efficient and compliant and fear that widespread drug use would undermine economic efficiency and wealth/tax generation.

3) antidrugs ops are attractive to police forces since they require little complex "case building"/evidence gathering and just require exciting/glamorous SWAT type raids to generate important arrests and convictions (seems to be more a side effect than a primary cause).

4) big pharma/medical lobby a wants to make sure that they control any and all pharmaceutical activities and don´t want the proles deciding what medicines they should take without them making a profit (maybe most likely in western countries but more difficult to justify in all countries such as china etc).

5) the war on drugs conveniently justifies other police state measures- such as controls on the movement of people and money.

6) Its just part of a general creeping desire on the part of government to control everything and everyone.

or is it really that allowing the population access to drugs would lead to a general collapse of society into a drug fuelled zombie nightmare and government is really just kindly protecting us from ourselves.

So is this it- I am not convinced - what am I missing??
harryflashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 04:27 PM   #2
wake_up_bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryflashman View Post
this is one thing I have never really understood. The possibility that our friendly governmental representatives are just looking out for our best interests (particularly because antidrug laws clearly cause many more problems than they solve) seems unlikely. So why is such rabid anti-drugs legislation such a common theme right across almost all countries with massive punishments (even the death penalty) for something so ridiculous as being in possession of a simple plant. The following possibilities come to mind but still to me do not really to me fully account for the official antidrugs obsession.

1) they want to control the drugs supply themselves and keep the profits (possible since the CIA have clearly been involved in using drug trafficking to generate funds for their ops- but still seems difficult to implement on a sufficiently large scale).

2) they want to keep the workers efficient and compliant and fear that widespread drug use would undermine economic efficiency and wealth/tax generation.

3) antidrugs ops are attractive to police forces since they require little complex "case building"/evidence gathering and just require exciting/glamorous SWAT type raids to generate important arrests and convictions (seems to be more a side effect than a primary cause).

4) big pharma/medical lobby a wants to make sure that they control any and all pharmaceutical activities and don´t want the proles deciding what medicines they should take without them making a profit (maybe most likely in western countries but more difficult to justify in all countries such as china etc).

5) the war on drugs conveniently justifies other police state measures- such as controls on the movement of people and money.

6) Its just part of a general creeping desire on the part of government to control everything and everyone.

or is it really that allowing the population access to drugs would lead to a general collapse of society into a drug fuelled zombie nightmare and government is really just kindly protecting us from ourselves.

So is this it- I am not convinced - what am I missing??
I think all the points you make are part of it, with the exception of number 2, which I don't think is a big part of it. The establishment enforces the prohibition on cocaine probably as aggressively as any other drug, and this is often the recreational drug of choice for the wealthy.

I think another reason not listed, is that flooding the poor areas of cities with drugs has effectively created huge ghettos. There are all kinds of positive knock-on effects of this for the establishment, but just on a basic level, it goes a long way to preventing any uprising in these areas, because they're so upside-down and broken, that there is no sense of community, everyone is just fighting amongst themselves.
wake_up_bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #3
cafe beelzebub

I think hallucinogens are banned because they expand your consciousness, they show you your true spiritual nature and that of the universe / the creator. Having self aware humans is not good for controlling them.
Old 26-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #4
ronisron

Numbers 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6. It's just about control. Illegal is more expensive, plus all the added law enforcement benefits. Prisons are rapidly becoming privatized and owned by large companies -- all people in jail have a job to do. Enslaved workforce that requires little pay or adequate food and housing....

Heroin is highly addictive. Elements of the worldwide PTB control the flow of it. Big Pharma provides you with hydromorphone/methadone to "cure" you of the addiction. Both ends are covered there.
Old 26-04-2011, 09:42 PM   #5
les_paul_robot

If they were proper serious the western PTB woulda torched all the poppy fields in Afghanistan, but instead they're protecting them. I mean what does that say?

Tears for Fears, "Sowing The Seeds Of Love"
les_paul_robot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 09:44 PM   #6
les_paul_robot

Tears for Fears, "Sowing The Seeds Of Love"
les_paul_robot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 10:56 PM   #7
reptilianwizard
Inactive

Most weed heads I know (including myself) are much more onit than straight people when it comes to knowing what's going on. Weed opens the mind and they don't want that now do they.
reptilianwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2011, 01:24 AM   #8
ceti

Simple answer is they like banning things.Everyday a new topic is raised and new measures are put in place to ban something.I think they really do want a giant prison.Give them an inch they take a mile.

Power is disease of the mind.
Old 27-04-2011, 06:28 AM   #9
shansuke

Wink

i wouldnt ban any drug.

but i will say,alcohol without a doubt is the worst one of the lot,people can say what they like here but thers no hiding from this.
most crimes are committed with people under the influance of alcohol than any other drug out ther,thers more medical problems and deaths caused by alcohol.

the only thing that comes even close to it in relation to health problems is tobacco,both leagle,and widely used by lots of folk including the people who are making the desisions to ban all other drugs.

the streets are littered with drunken fools day in day out causeing alsorts of problems.ruining other peoples property and getting away with it because they are out of it on drink and cant remember what they done.(like the drunken scum who kicked my bike on its side at the weekend resulting in,guess who fitting the costly bill).

thers no doubt the 2 mainly consumed and leagle drugs are by far the worst,alcohol and tabacco.

and to answer your question,why are they banning other drugs?

well i struggled to quit alcohol and tobacco for years,guess what?

i found a pain/withdrawl free method of quitting,yes illeagle magic mushroms.

you only have to take them once with the intention of quitting and they will do all the hard work for you,they give you the epiphany that is needed to realise and carry out your true want to quit on a daily basis.

no more alcohol or tabacco,and im even suspecting this could be used to quit most drugs,and maybe even mental issues.

THERS YOUR ANSWER.

but shhhhhhhhhh,dont tell anyone ok,we can have to many poor souls gaining ther freedom all at once.
shansuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2011, 06:50 AM   #10
mo0n5tar
Banned

They try to ban and regulate alll natural drives;

Sex, food, drink, sleep and expanding conciousness, civilisation fears nothing more than natural humans with natural human desires.
mo0n5tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2011, 07:01 AM   #11
takhisis

What gives them any right to do it anyways. Why do we continue to put up with these few people controlling and making decesions for the rest of the world, seriously the whole concept of it is insane we have couple 100? people in the world telling billions how to live? does that make any sense to anyone?

Why do we put up with it? its insane and we let them do it, they are monsters and these insane people must be stopped, Cigarettes and alcohol are 10x worst then smoking weed
takhisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2011, 07:06 AM   #12
knightofthegrail
Banned

I wonder what society would look like if every substance was utterly decriminalised.
knightofthegrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2011, 07:14 AM   #13
takhisis

Not the point its no ones right to tell you or me or the guy down the road that they cannot smoke a natural plant! Soceity would be alot better off without these few criminals controlling everything that is for damn sure, there is NOT one good thing throughout history goverment has ever done, these beings live off of fear, misery and pain , and histroy proves it!
Old 27-04-2011, 07:16 AM   #14
mo0n5tar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by takhisis View Post
Not the point its no ones right to tell you or me or the guy down the road that they cannot smoke a natural plant! Soceity would be alot better off without these few criminals controlling everything that is for damn sure, there is NOT one good thing throughout history goverment has ever done, these beings live off of fear, misery and pain , and histroy proves it!
Yes sir I agree, but they also give us tea, petroleum and easily accessible commodities, so the good outweighs the bad
mo0n5tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2011, 07:19 AM   #15
takhisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo0n5tar View Post
Yes sir I agree, but they also give us tea, petroleum and easily accessible commodities, so the good outweighs the bad
No they dont Corperations do and business's , goverment just controls every aspect of your life
Old 27-04-2011, 07:25 AM   #16
knightofthegrail
Banned

Quote:
If by doing so you endanger your neighbour, it is your neighbour's business. If you set up a crack house next door to mine, and refused to move away, I would torch it and you down to the ground rather than have that poison infect my neighbourhood.
Old 27-04-2011, 07:28 AM   #17
chris

7. It's an easy way for politicians to look like they are tough on crime.
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2011, 07:28 AM   #18
takhisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofthegrail View Post
If by doing so you endanger your neighbour, it is your neighbour's business. If you set up a crack house next door to mine, and refused to move away, I would torch it and you down to the ground rather than have that poison infect my neighbourhood.
There would be no crack house because it would be legal, just look at amsterdam were drugs are legal , barly any crime there but , look at all the places now where it is illegal theres loads of crime so dont give me that shit, i said natural plant like pot , pot isnt crack , crack is made , pot grows naturally so stop putting words in my mouth. Whats the difference anyways alcohol and tabacco is just as bad as crack lol

Last edited by takhisis; 27-04-2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old 27-04-2011, 07:40 AM   #19
knightofthegrail
Banned

Quote:
There would be no crack house because it would be legal, just look at amsterdam were drugs are legal , barly any crime there but , look at all the places now where it is illegal theres loads of crime so dont give me that shit
By crack house I meant a place where people came to smoke crack. If someone set up an "establishment" next door to my home, where people bought and used coke/crack/smack/ket I would do precisely the same thing; ie, torch it, with them in it if they refused to move on.

If you really want a society where this stuff is freely and easily available you are already out of your mind. It is as anti-social as any banking practice, yet "alternatives" continue to lobby for the availability of what is essentially psychosis in pill form.

If you want to take it, f*ck off into the middle of antarctica, instead of popping your head poison whilst expecting others to be around to watch your back, mop up the mess and pick up the pieces afterwards. But of course you would all be dead if that happened, wouldnt you. Because whilst sucking on your fantasy potion you rely on all those who keep a clear head to actually maintain a society that keeps you alive. Just like all those p*ss heads rolling out of pubs on a friday and saturday night.

Gah.

People forget that the British Empire actually used opium (Heroin, essentially) as a weapon against China:

Quote:
i said natural plant like pot , pot isnt crack , crack is made , pot grows naturally so stop putting words in my mouth. Whats the difference anyways alcohol and tabacco is just as bad as crack lol
I was clearly speaking about drugs in general. It was you who jumped upon that.

Last edited by knightofthegrail; 27-04-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Old 27-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #20
moosevens

While alcohol is legal, the rest should be too. the way thing are now definitely doesn't work and does make things worse. there's no denying that. but theres been a lot of effort exaggerating the effects of drugs over the years and to many brainwashed people to just change it.

what knightofthegrail saying could just be because of the conditioning he/she got growing up. I mean would you go and burn down a pub?
who can say if the experience and stories people have with "druggies" is as bad because of the legality/social attitude/sneaking around that goes with taking drugs compared with drinking. maybe heroin addicts would be on par with alcoholics. apparently just like alcoholics, some heroin addicts can be functioning addicts.

Ive met down and out crackheads and didnt really see a difference between them and down and out drunks. I've also known people to smoke crack once or twice and never touch it again also one or two occasional users.

It seems to me its not the drug, be it alcohol, crack (which probably wouldnt exist if not for prohibition) heroin etc
its the type of person that takes it and even then those "druggies" who will have a problem (destroying other peoples lives) will have a problem with something and I dont think drugs being illegal makes a difference to that because they're doing it anyway or they're drunks, gamblers etc
moosevens is offline   Reply With Quote