Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News

Old 01-01-2011, 02:18 AM   #1
love_and_peace
Inactive

Exclamation `The Merchants` of Bristol

`The Merchants` of Bristol

Hello,

I have an `alternative view` which I wish to put to the DI forum members.
So important do I believe this to be, that I have joined this site in order to post this information.

Many of you, I feel sure, will have read the BBC news article below :-

Arrested man 'pillar of society'
Mr Jefferies was vice chairman of his local Neighbourhood Watch, and an active member of Clifton and Hotwells Improvement Society(Chis) which campaigns to conserve buildings.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-12094715

After I read it, I became somewhat curious as to WHAT the `Clifton and Hotwells Improvement Society` was about, so I ran a Search.

their website carries a long list of links.

Below is a link to their website :-

Clifton and Hotwells Improvement Society (Chis)
http://www.cliftonhotwells.org.uk/chis_archive.html

If you scroll right down the page, you will come to these :-

Who are the Merchant Venturers? - A critical study by Venue.
http://www.public-interest.co.uk/aseye/merchant.htm

The badge of the Merchants
http://www.cliftonhotwells.org.uk/me...urer_badge.jpg

The Merchants` Hall
http://www.cliftonhotwells.org.uk/me...urer_house.jpg

Although I am certainly not naive about `secret groups` - I was however quite shocked to read just how much sway this group has over what goes on in Bristol.
They very much remind me of a combination of `freemasons /Common Purpose`

If you read the link entitled `WHO ARE the Merchant Venturers` you will see that they are very secretative regards who is on their membership list.
You will also see that they have `Honoury members` in very high places (which is why I said they remind me of freemasons /Common Purpose)

(their `hall` is just seconds way from where Joanna lived - you can check this for yourself using Google Street View - I did)

By now it was as if someone had switched a light on, as it dawned on me what Joanna and her boyfriend Greg did for a living.

Interesting is it that JOANNA YEATES and her boyfriend GREG REARDON were both (according to press articles) `LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTS.
Therefore my line of thinking here is this :-

Might it just be possible that she (or he, or both) through their work have stood on someone toes in Bristol ? - possibly with a project that `The Society of Merchants` dont approve of ???

The `Chis` community group must feel that the articles are of genuine interest otherwise they would not be carrying links to them on their own website.

What Ive said above is NOT intended as a slur against her landlord (Chris Jefferies) whilst I always like to believe `a man is innocent until proven guilty` and therefore his own membership of the `Chis` community group, although interesting & noteworthy proves nothing.

I won`t say I don`t find him to be a strange character, I do, and Ive even joked privately about his appearance, but whether he`s committed any crime is not to my knowing.

The ONLY thing that concern me is what I have read about this `secretative` group - in relation to what Joanna did for a living.
I find this very worrying to say the least.

I am sure you do not need me to remind you that there have been many `strange` deaths, including people like David Kelly.
When people get in the way of these `elitist type groups`then very often it spells goodnight for them.
(nuff said - I`m sure I`ve made my point here)

Please note : I have started a separate thread because irrespective of whether I am onto something here or not..... I DO sincerely believe you need to be made aware of this group in Bristol.
Therefore, & by starting a new thread it offers other members the opportunity to ADD any further info they might have on this group, without the risk of it getting lost in the other Joanna thread.
To this end I have titled it accordingly.

THANK YOU FOR READING MY POST.
I look forward to reading what others have to say on this.

Last edited by love_and_peace; 01-01-2011 at 03:05 AM. Reason: spelling & grammer
love_and_peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:54 AM   #2
love_and_peace
Inactive

Exclamation

Merchant Venturers' motto : INDOCILIS PAUPERIEM PATI
http://www.public-interest.co.uk/aseye/index.htm#motto

Photo of this can be seen here :-

Old 01-01-2011, 03:39 AM   #3
love_and_peace
Inactive

Until now, the Press have never divulged who JOANNA YEATES and her boyfriend GREG REARDON worked for, or whether they worked for themselves.

However, that information has just been divulged in the latest news article below :-

Murdered Joanna: Now police quiz next-door neighbour
Last updated at 3:02 AM on 1st January 2011

He (referring to GREG REARDON) moved to Bristol with Miss Yeates when their firm Hyland Edgar Driver relocated from Winchester, Hampshire. They were said to be ‘over the moon’ when they moved into the basement flat in Canynge Road, Clifton, in October

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...neighbour.html

This does possibly make `my theory` a little less likely, UNLESS of course, some group (or person) was sending out a strong message, and used Joanna
to do that.

Irrespective of whether `my theory` has merit, or whether it falls flat....
hopefully this thread will be an opportunity to discuss `THE MERCHANT VENTURERS` GROUP IN BRISTOL.

UPDATED INFORMATION :-

Joanna Clare Yeates was born in 1985 in Hampshire, England.[1] She was privately educated at Embley Park near Romsey. Yeates studied landscape design and horticulture at Writtle College and received her Master's degree in garden design at the University of Winchester.[3][7]

In December 2008, Yeates met then-25-year-old Greg Reardon,[7] a fellow landscape architect at the firm Hyland Edgar Driver in Winchester. The couple moved in together in 2009 and settled in the Clifton neighbourhood of Bristol when the company relocated to that area.[1] Yeates had since been working at the Building Design Partnership in Bristol.[7] Her outdoor hobbies included biking, rowing, snowboarding, and surfing.[5]

Last edited by love_and_peace; 01-01-2011 at 04:23 AM. Reason: to add update info.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:03 AM   #4
velma

Great sleuthing and very interesting. I think you are onto something here. Definitely Masonic and secretive: the Bristol Elite indeed! They support Clifton College and many were educated there...

"The Society has always had close ties with that bastion of privilege, wealth and power, the royal family. It was given a royal charter by Edward VI in 1552, which was renewed by Elizabeth I, Charles I, Charles II and, most recently, Elizabeth II. It counts Prince Charles and Prince Phillip among its members. Prince Edward visited in February last year; Princess Alexandra dropped in a few months earlier. The Society's Treasurer, Brigadier Hugh Pye, was a pallbearer at the Queen Mother's funeral. Many Merchants have also received honours from the Queen.

There are four honorary members:

· Prince Phillip, who has been a member for 50 years.

· Prince Charles.

· Ex-Archbishop of Canterbury, George Carey, now Lord Carey of Clifton.

· Margaret Thatcher, the only woman member.
velma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #5
love_and_peace
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by velma View Post
Great sleuthing and very interesting. I think you are onto something here. Definitely Masonic and secretive: the Bristol Elite indeed! They support Clifton College and many were educated there...

"The Society has always had close ties with that bastion of privilege, wealth and power, the royal family. It was given a royal charter by Edward VI in 1552, which was renewed by Elizabeth I, Charles I, Charles II and, most recently, Elizabeth II. It counts Prince Charles and Prince Phillip among its members. Prince Edward visited in February last year; Princess Alexandra dropped in a few months earlier. The Society's Treasurer, Brigadier Hugh Pye, was a pallbearer at the Queen Mother's funeral. Many Merchants have also received honours from the Queen.

There are four honorary members:

· Prince Phillip, who has been a member for 50 years.

· Prince Charles.

· Ex-Archbishop of Canterbury, George Carey, now Lord Carey of Clifton.

· Margaret Thatcher, the only woman member.

Yes, it was when I read its dishonoury (oops, I mean honoury) members
that I saw a red flag, and heard alarm bells ringing LOL.

The fact that we know there`s been suspicious deaths does make one
curious.

The Joanna case is somewhat baffling because there doesnt appear to be
any apparent motive.
Often such murder cases have a sexual motive - yet the police have never
suggested this to be the case here.

As strange as her landlord`s appearance is, he definitely does not remind me of the sort of person who would sexually attack anyone.
Joanna`s hobbies /interests would point to her being quite fit, and her landlord in contrast is quite elderly.

I have attempted to search to see if the Company she worked for had any disputes with locals, but I cannot find anything.

We`ll maybe have to see how it pans out.
In the meantime, it is worth knowing about this group, and hopefully if anyone has any further info on them they`ll post it.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #6
ach76
Banned

Have you noticed that it's claimed Ms. Yeates and her boyfriend are reported as being together for varying lengths of time. Could just be poor reporting, I guess

For example, the OP has repeated here what's been reported by various sources, i.e. that the couple had been together since 2009. I've read it several times in the media too

Yet the boyfriend has also been quoted as claiming (word to the effect) ' This was to be our first Christmas together ... I was going to stay with her parents ... a big event in any man's life '

First Christmas together ?

Conflicts with reports they'd been together ' going on two years' and also the item posted by the OP which claims they were together in 2009

Unless they met after Christmas 2009 but before New Year's Eve 2009 ?
ach76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:35 AM   #7
velma

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_and_peace View Post
Yes, it was when I read its dishonoury (oops, I mean honoury) members
that I saw a red flag, and heard alarm bells ringing LOL.

The fact that we know there`s been suspicious deaths does make one
curious.

The Joanna case is somewhat baffling because there doesnt appear to be
any apparent motive.
Often such murder cases have a sexual motive - yet the police have never
suggested this to be the case here.

As strange as her landlord`s appearance is, he definitely does not remind me of the sort of person who would sexually attack anyone.
Joanna`s hobbies /interests would point to her being quite fit, and her landlord in contrast is quite elderly.

I have attempted to search to see if the Company she worked for had any disputes with locals, but I cannot find anything.

We`ll maybe have to see how it pans out.
In the meantime, it is worth knowing about this group, and hopefully if anyone has any further info on them they`ll post it.
Good points and it's not the first murder in the vicinity either.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:38 AM   #8
phildee3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach76 View Post
Have you noticed that it's claimed Ms. Yeates and her boyfriend are reported as being together for varying lengths of time. Could just be poor reporting, I guess

For example, the OP has repeated here what's been reported by various sources, i.e. that the couple had been together since 2009. I've read it several times in the media too

Yet the boyfriend has also been quoted as claiming (word to the effect) ' This was to be our first Christmas together ... I was going to stay with her parents ... a big event in any man's life '

First Christmas together ?

Conflicts with reports they'd been together ' going on two years' and also the item posted by the OP which claims they were together in 2009

Unless they met after Christmas 2009 but before New Year's Eve 2009 ?
They got together in early 2009.
They each spent Christmas last year with their own families.
What's the problem?

Good thread, loveandpeace.
Thanks.

Last edited by phildee3; 01-01-2011 at 11:40 AM.
phildee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:41 AM   #9
jimmi

Very interesting and informative thread, thanks to the op. and well done for for avoiding the 'pizza dunnit' type of speculation that ,imo, makes the forum look a bit ridiculous.

One quote from the op. caught my attention in particular, the bit about the couple being "over the moon", see the sun and moon thread in the 'get off your knees' section to understand the possible relevance.
jimmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #10
firepoet
Banned

Quote:
`The Merchants` of Bristol

Hello,

I have an `alternative view` which I wish to put to the DI forum members.
So important do I believe this to be, that I have joined this site in order to post this information.

Many of you, I feel sure, will have read the BBC news article below :-

Arrested man 'pillar of society'
Mr Jefferies was vice chairman of his local Neighbourhood Watch, and an active member of Clifton and Hotwells Improvement Society(Chis) which campaigns to conserve buildings.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-12094715

After I read it, I became somewhat curious as to WHAT the `Clifton and Hotwells Improvement Society` was about, so I ran a Search.

their website carries a long list of links.

Below is a link to their website :-

Clifton and Hotwells Improvement Society (Chis)
http://www.cliftonhotwells.org.uk/chis_archive.html

If you scroll right down the page, you will come to these :-

Who are the Merchant Venturers? - A critical study by Venue.
http://www.public-interest.co.uk/aseye/merchant.htm

The Merchants` Hall
http://www.cliftonhotwells.org.uk/me...urer_house.jpg

Although I am certainly not naive about `secret groups` - I was however quite shocked to read just how much sway this group has over what goes on in Bristol.

If you read the link entitled `WHO ARE the Merchant Venturers` you will see that they are very secretative regards who is on their membership list.
You will also see that they have `Honoury members` in very high places (which is why I said they remind me of freemasons /Common Purpose)

(their `hall` is just seconds way from where Joanna lived - you can check this for yourself using Google Street View - I did)

By now it was as if someone had switched a light on, as it dawned on me what Joanna and her boyfriend Greg did for a living.

Interesting is it that JOANNA YEATES and her boyfriend GREG REARDON were both (according to press articles) `LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTS.
Therefore my line of thinking here is this :-

Might it just be possible that she (or he, or both) through their work have stood on someone toes in Bristol ? - possibly with a project that `The Society of Merchants` dont approve of ???

The `Chis` community group must feel that the articles are of genuine interest otherwise they would not be carrying links to them on their own website.

What Ive said above is NOT intended as a slur against her landlord (Chris Jefferies) whilst I always like to believe `a man is innocent until proven guilty` and therefore his own membership of the `Chis` community group, although interesting & noteworthy proves nothing.

I won`t say I don`t find him to be a strange character, I do, and Ive even joked privately about his appearance, but whether he`s committed any crime is not to my knowing.

The ONLY thing that concern me is what I have read about this `secretative` group - in relation to what Joanna did for a living.
I find this very worrying to say the least.

I am sure you do not need me to remind you that there have been many `strange` deaths, including people like David Kelly.
When people get in the way of these `elitist type groups`then very often it spells goodnight for them.
(nuff said - I`m sure I`ve made my point here)

Please note : I have started a separate thread because irrespective of whether I am onto something here or not..... I DO sincerely believe you need to be made aware of this group in Bristol.
Therefore, & by starting a new thread it offers other members the opportunity to ADD any further info they might have on this group, without the risk of it getting lost in the other Joanna thread.
To this end I have titled it accordingly.

THANK YOU FOR READING MY POST.
I look forward to reading what others have to say on this.
Great post love_and_peace.
firepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:45 AM   #11
velma

Gleaned from the OP's link:

The Society of Merchant Venturers is one of the most powerful organizations in Bristol, UK. It exerts tremendous influence over the city, controlling hundreds of millions of pounds, and counting members of the Royal Family, senior politicians, and some of the wealthiest men in the city among its ranks. But its membership list has been a closely-guarded secret for 450 years.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #12
love_and_peace
Inactive

Perhaps the news reports are intended so as to cause confusion, and thus distract people`s attention from far more sinister motives.

It made me wary after reading about the group her landlord was a member of. Not so much the group itself, but how they had included links on their website to what I believe is a more sinister group of `elitists` in Bristol.
Anything with connections to the elite needs to be considered imho.

Are their any members here from that area, and if so do you know anything about the group `The Merchants` of Bristol ?

Perhaps much depends on what people believe about the elite.
Many believe they are satanists.
If so, her murder did take place within the winter solstice season.
Could that have been intentional ? (a sacrifice, maybe ?)
She was found on the morning of 25th December.... could this too have been intentional so as to shock the CHRISTIAN world ? (albeit that xmas is a whole new topic and not one for this thread obviously)
Old 01-01-2011, 11:53 AM   #13
kaiser

subbed, very interesting thankyou op.
For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. ........Ecclesiastes 1:17-18

Now choose; Red or Blue.
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #14
phildee3

Quote:
Merchant Venturers' motto : INDOCILIS PAUPERIEM PATI
http://www.public-interest.co.uk/aseye/index.htm#motto

"Merchant Venturers' motto
INDOCILIS PAUPERIEM PATI
Indocilis means 'difficult to teach' or 'slow to learn' (stupid) Pauperiem is 'the poor' and pati translates as 'able to endure' or 'longsuffering'. "The poor are stupid and longsuffering."
Hey - thanks are surely due to Bristol's big nobs for rubbing our noses in it. I wonder what the merchants' official translation of this motto is?
"

It means that the charity of the Venturers is supposed to be towards the poor and uneducated - that they should be longsuffering and tolerant of them.

It's great that these beautiful and historic buildings are being preserved, but it is incumbent upon us to demand that they are faithful to their motto and allow them to be used for the homeless.
That Joanna may have frozen to death is an ironic synchronicity!

Last edited by phildee3; 01-01-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #15
theroach
Inactive

Quote:

From the OP's link...http://www.public-interest.co.uk/aseye/merchant.htm

It's not just solely the above though....their 'customary behaviour' and 'set-up' reek of being 'masonically inspired' too.

Quote:
How do you join?

You have to be asked - but if you're black or female, you appear to stand little chance.

Traditionally that is very much like the 'Freemasons'.

Quote:
You have to be wealthy: only people with a proven track record of charitable giving are considered.

Again...very reminiscent of Freemasonry and its claims to do charitable good.

Quote:
The selection process is secret, although Parkes says a committee is always "looking out for new Merchants". But you don't know that you're being considered for membership until you've been nominated by an existing member, discussed at a meeting and put to the vote. Only then are you told and invited to join.

Oh..well I never, we're back to Freemasonry again!

Quote:
The Society has three executive officers: a junior warden, a senior warden and a master

Can anyone think of who else has a 'junior warden', a 'senior warden' and a '(grand)master'...answers on a postcard please? The government of a Masonic lodge is essentially tripartite.

Quote:

Several clubs, business and public appointments bind the Merchants together. Many of them went to public school - a few to the same schools - and a good number have served in the military. Most are members of the Clifton Club, at 22 The Mall, a posh pub for businessmen. Many are also members of other obscure and elitist Bristol clubs such as the Bristol Savages and the Antient Society Of St Stephens Ringers (whose annual meeting involves a bizarre procession with a stuffed fox and a model of Queen Elizabeth I's death mask).

Just sounds like more 'occult' 'masonic' type affiliates...with probably even dirtier secrets etc.

Quote:
"I had no way of knowing who was and who wasn't," he says. "It's in the Merchants' interest to be much more open. Even the Freemasons have moved in that direction in recent years."
How amusing...that the Freemasons get a mention...couldn't he tell from the handshake? ;-)

A Royal charter and patronage...no less.

Yes...the stench is overwhelming...when it comes to this 'Merchant' group. It all smacks of being a masonic inspired 'circle jerk' group.

So mote it be.

Good work OP

Last edited by theroach; 01-01-2011 at 12:37 PM.
theroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #16
atomheartmother

Good thread; I had earlier considered there might be a link between the landlords local historical interests and the lady's job, but this stuff is far more interesting.

Sadly it all reads like something out of Midsomer Murders; what's the betting the landlord is either found innocent, let off or some other character is brought in to take the rap.

Just checked: someone else has been arrested...
atomheartmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:18 PM   #17
love_and_peace
Inactive

With its connections to the occult, then thats all the more reasons to wonder could Joanna`s death have been `a sacrifice`
There were alot of young people deaths during the xmas season, and only two could have been said to perhaps be `season related` (driving accidents)

I didnt like the timing of how Joanna just happened to be found on the morning of 25th December.
The Occultists HATE the Christian world (albeit that xmas is a whole new topic as & of itself)
So the headlines on xmas morning could have been intended to SHOCK, cause despair ect.

Another theory I have, and one I am surprised I havent seen anyone mention is this : Could it possibly be the elite are attempting to try and convince people that IF everyone was `microchipped` then people like Joanna and the McCann girl would be easier to find ???
There is an agenda to track everyone, and if they keep pulling at parents heart strings by showing deaths like Jo and Madaleine then sooner or later parents may just cave in and think microchips might be a good idea after all.
hmm....
Old 01-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #18
Firewand

Interesting thread, something aint quite right that's for sure. As for the agenda of putting a micro-chip in everybody..well that's definately on the cards. They don't need to go out and have people murdered though to promote this, society is full of enough weirdos and dangerous types for the elite to count on. How does the saying go..''never let a good crisis go to waste''
Firewand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #19
phildee3

BUMP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildee3 View Post

It's great that these beautiful and historic buildings are being preserved, but it is incumbent upon us to demand that they are faithful to their motto and allow them to be used for the homeless.

That Joanna may have frozen to death is an ironic synchronicity!
I firmly believe that we are not to remove/defeat the secret societies but to reform them to become what they claim to be.
Weed out the corruption!!

Last edited by phildee3; 01-01-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:08 PM   #20
theroach
Inactive

Just as an aside fwiw...this area of the UK Bristol/Clifton has an incredibly ancient history....particularly in respect of the Romans, ancient mining and considered to be formerly volcanic...hence the 'baths' and 'Hot Wells' etc.

Clifton was formerly 'Caer Oder', City of the Chasm (now spanned by the suspension bridge, whose building was funded, funnily enough by 'The Merchants')...the former seat of an Arch-Druid.

Bridges & death can be a feature...from suicides and the like. (hence the cctv)

But yes...I found it strange that the body was to be found on Christmas Day and strange the way the media highlighted and pumped-out this story over the festive period. The 'suspension bridge' was an aspect that seemed to be overdone and overplayed for whatever reason. We already know that the bridge route was not the only way to reach the destination where the body was found...not that the media told us this, though.

Then there is the '25' reference (25,25,25), the 'architect' reference (great architect), the 'ram' reference (ram = hermes/mercury, the horned druid god and god of merchants!)...now this connection to 'The Merchants' and their masonically inspired group etc etc etc.

Hermes-The Ram/Rama - Hi-Rama(Highest of the High) - Hi-Ram - Hiram (Abiff)...Ram signifying High or Noble, derivatives being Rama or Ramah, like the Kings of Egypt.

The symbolism is getting thick.

Last edited by theroach; 01-01-2011 at 01:33 PM.
theroach is offline   Reply With Quote