Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Recommended Reading, Viewing and Audio

Old 25-09-2014, 09:27 PM   #681
lightgiver

Lightbulb MontheM

Quote:
The song also invokes the conspiracy theories surrounding the moon landing and Elvis Presley as an indirect nod to the persistent rumors that Kaufman faked his own death.."Man on the Moon" was released as the second single from Automatic for the People on November 21, 1992, reaching number 30 on the Billboard Hot 100 and number 18 on the UK Singles Chart.. The song was enthusiastically received by critics...

November16 - Hoxne Hoard discovered by metal detectorist Eric Lawes in Suffolk/17 - "Gypsy Passion" opens at Plymouth Theater NYC for 55 perfs\18 – Russian President Boris Yeltsin releases the flight data recorder (FDR) and cockpit voice recorder (CVR) of KAL 007, shot down by the Soviets in 1983..The aircraft departed Gate 15 of John F. Kennedy International Airport, New York City on August 30, 1983, bound for Gimpo Airport in Gangseo-gu, Seoul, 35 minutes behind its scheduled departure time of 23:50 EDT (03:50 UTC, August 31). The flight was carrying 246 passengers and 23 crew members/20 – In England, a fire breaks out in Windsor Castle, causing over £50 million worth of damage\23 - "Someone Who'll Watch Over Me" opens at Booth NYC for 232 perfs- 10,000,000 cellular telephone sold/ 24-In the People's Republic of China, a China Southern Airlines domestic flight crashes, killing all 141 people on board-Elizabeth II describes this year as an annus horribilis (horrible year), due to various scandals damaging the image of the Royal Family, as well as the Windsor Castle fire - The first commercial worldwide release in the Videogame industry, nicknamed "Sonic 2sday"\25-The Czechoslovakia Federal Assembly votes to split the country into the Czech Republic and Slovakia, starting on January 1, 1993- In a national referendum related to abortion, voters in Ireland reject the proposed Twelfth Amendment of the Constitution Bill, 1992 (Ireland) but approve the Thirteenth Amendment of the Constitution of Ireland and the 14th Amendment of the Constitution of Ireland/26 - The Queen is to be taxed from next year, marking the end of almost 60 tax-free years for the British monarchy-Pepper v Hart, a landmark case\27 -Disney's Aladdin is released in theaters everywhere./29 - Ethnic minorities now account for more than 3,000,000 (over 5%) of the British population- "Sea Gull" opens at Lyceum Theater NYC for 48 perfs- "Solitary Confinement" closes at Nederlander NYC after 25 perfs\30- David Boon's 14th Test Cricket century, 111 v WI at Brisbane - Intercity-train derailed at Village chief, 5 die...

There were 22 children under the age of 12 years aboard. One hundred and thirty passengers planned to connect to other destinations such as Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Taipei..U.S. congressman Lawrence McDonald from Georgia, who at the time was also the second president of the conservative John Birch Society, was on the flight.. Senator Jesse Helms of North Carolina, Senator Steven Symms of Idaho, and Representative Carroll J. Hubbard, Jr. of Kentucky were aboard sister flight KAL 015, which flew 15 minutes behind KAL 007; they were headed, along with McDonald on KAL 007, to Seoul, South Korea, in order to attend the ceremonies for the 30th anniversary of the U.S.-South Korea Mutual Defense Treaty..The Soviets contended former U.S. president Richard Nixon was to have been seated next to Larry McDonald on KAL 007 but that the CIA warned him not to go, according to the New York Post and Telegraph Agency of the Soviet Union (TASS); this was denied by Nixon...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_...nes_Flight_007
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=166Gentlemen, and Ladies, hold the presses! This just in! By curious quirk of faith, we have the perfect story with which to launch our satellite news network tonight.. It seems a small crisis is brewing in the South China Sea!. I want full newspaper coverage,I want magazine stores, I books, I want films, I want TV,I want radio, I want us on the air 24 hours a day, this is our moment! And a billion people around this planet will watch it, hear it, and read about it from the Carver Media Group!.. http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...postcount=3235
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2014, 09:51 PM   #682
lightgiver

Arrow The Phantom Flan Flinger

Quote:
Bond encounters Chinese agent Wai Lin, who is also investigating the matter and the two agree to work together. They discover that Carver had used the GPS encoder to push the British ship off course and into Chinese waters in order to incite a war for a Punch & Judy puppeteer to create a 'villain' character called 'The Phantom Flan Flinger', who would be the black-clad masked nemesis of the presenting team, and the main instigator of pye-throwing chaos...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120347/
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showt...191985&page=31The Phantom helped Diana to escape.. I think he's in love with her..Oh really?.This is getting more interesting by the minute.. Why do you say that... http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=593

Last edited by lightgiver; 25-09-2014 at 09:55 PM.
Old 25-09-2014, 11:14 PM   #683
lightgiver

Lightbulb GG

Quote:
"Gravity Grave" is a song by Eng-lish rock band The Verve and was released as the band's third single in the United Kingdom on 5 October 1992 by Hut Recordings..Hut Records was discontinued by Virgin Records in mid-2004 due to an overhaul of the group, 20% of the artists on Hut were dropped whilst the rest were moved over to other labels within the EMI Group...I've Suffered a Head Injury is an EP by The Verve Pipe...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_Grave
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27ve_..._a_Head_Injury
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...6&postcount=85Hey, you guys are making me lose my.. train of thought here.. I was saying something, what was it?..Shit! Orange got tagged..And I'm fucking positive you're on the level..I gotta memorize all this? There's over 4 fucking pages of this shit!..He was the only one I wasn't 100% on..I should have my fuckin' head examined, going on a plan like this...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=645

Last edited by lightgiver; 25-09-2014 at 11:27 PM.
Old 26-09-2014, 11:10 PM   #684
lightgiver

Lightbulb Emf

Quote:
"Unbelievable" is a song written and recorded by Gloucestershire band EMF, originally appearing on their debut album Schubert Dip. It was released as a single in the UK in 1990, peaking in the UK Singles Chart at number 3 on 1 December 1990.. It was the 32nd best-selling single of 1990 in the UK.. In the United States, it hit number one on the Billboard Hot 100 on 20 July 1991..In the UK (where the band hailed from), the B-side of the single was a track called "EMF" which included the refrain: "E! Ecstasy! M! Motherfucker, motherfucker! F! From us to you"...Was it because our predecessors were thick?.. Does anybody really think that they didn't get what we had because they didn't have the talent or the strength or the endurance or the commitment? Of course not. It was because there was no platform upon which they could stand..Released 3 November 1990 (UK)..14 May 1991 (US)..Format CD, 7", 12", cassette...Length 3:30-Label Parlophone (UK)-EMI (US)..

Quote:
The earliest known portable digital camera sold in the United States ships-British Sky Broadcasting founded as a merger between Sky Television and BSB./ 1 – Mary Robinson defeats odds-on favorite Brian Lenihan to become the first female President of Ireland - "Oh, Kay!" opens at Richard Rodgers Theater NYC for 77 perfs\ 2 - British Satellite Broadcasting and Sky Television plc merge to form BSkyB as a result of massive losses– Neil Kinnock announces his support for the adoption of a single European currency-The army of brokers, jobbers and other quaintly named parasites. /3 – Gro Harlem Brundtland assumes office as Prime Minister of Norway\4- Ira q says it is preparing for a "dangerous war"/5 – Rabbi Meir Kahane, founder of the far-right Kach movement, is shot dead after a speech at a New York City hotel\6 – Nawaz Sharif is sworn in as Prime Minister of Pakistan./7 – Indian Prime Minister Singh resigns over losing a confidence vote in the Parliament of India, having lost the support of Hindus who want a Muslim mosque in Ayodhya torn down to build a Hindu temple - "Little Night Music" closes at New York State NYC after 11 perfs - "Those Were The Days" opens at Edison Theater NYC for 126 perfs\8 - Darryl Strawberry signs 5-year contract with LA Dodgers- 100,000 additional US troops are sent to Persian gulf- Saddam fires his army chief & threatens to destroy Arabian peninsula - Gina Marie Tolleson of USA, 21, crowned 40th Miss World/11- "Shadowlands" opens at Brooks Atkinson Theater NYC for 169 perfs\12-Akihito is enthroned as the 125th emperor of Japan following the death of his father on January 7, 1989-Tim Berners-Lee publishes a more formal proposal for the World Wide Web - "The Body Bag Game", in the days leading to the clash, Eagles head coach Buddy Ryan threatened a beating so severe that "they'll have to be carted off in body bags"/ 13-The first known web page is written-In New Zealand, David Gray kills 13 people in what will become known as the Aramoana massacre\14 - Great Britain performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site – Germany and Poland sign a treaty confirming the border at the Oder–Neisse line - The CBI confirms that the whole of Britain is now in recession, with every region now reporting a fall in output - France performs nuclear test at Muruora Island Michael Heseltine contests Margaret Thatcher's leadership of the British Conservative Party - Philippines hit by typhoon, 110 die/15 – STS-38: Space Shuttle Atlantis is launched on a classified U.S. military mission. - US President Bush signs Clear Air Act of 1990 -Sucky sweet!. I'll be sucking on that exhaust pipe in a minute- Mirror image of your life really, isn't it? Car journey on a bank holiday.. First 50-odd miles on the go all the way - a sense of direction - bowling along-Producers confirm that Milli Vanilli can't sing\16 - EManuel Noriega claims US denied him a fair trial – Home Alone is released to theaters. It would become the highest grossing live-action comedy film of all time.Heckler: At least Mrs Thatcher has got guts-Neil Kinnock: It's a pity that other people had to leave theirs on the ground at Goose Green to prove it...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schubert_Dip
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=291Those who have the immense dishonesty to fight with a ballot box in one hand and a rifle in the other have no place in democratic politics..The House of Lords must go - not be reformed, not be replaced, not be reborn in some nominated life-after-death patronage paradise, just closed down, abolished, finished..Get past sixty, everything slows down to a sudden crawl and you realise you're not going anywhere any more... http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=293

Last edited by lightgiver; 26-09-2014 at 11:26 PM.
Old 28-09-2014, 10:44 PM   #685
lightgiver

Arrow Sacred Fire

Quote:
SANTANA - SACRED FIRE - LIVE IN MEXICO May 22 & 23...

Quote:
Sacred Fire: Live in South America by Santana dedicated to the life of Cesar Chavez..A bonus disc with 3 additional tracks (Spirits Dancing in the Flesh, Wings of Grace, Get It in Your Soul) were included in a limited edition Japanese re-release..Released October 19, 1993...

October 1 - Lennox Lewis TKOs Frank Bruno in 7 for heavyweight boxing title/3 – Battle of Mogadishu:The U.S. Army conducts Operation Gothic Serpent in the city of Mogadishu, Somalia, using Task Force Ranger. Two UH-60 Blackhawks are shot down and the operation leaves over 1,000 Somalians dead and over 73 Americans WIA, 19 KIA, and 1 captured- Battle at TV station Ostankino/Moscow townhall, about 25 killed - "White Liars/Black Comedy" closes at Criterion NYC after 38 perfs- Boris Yeltsin declares state of emergency in Moscow\4 – The Russian constitutional crisis culminates with Russian military and security forces clearing the White House of Russia Parliament building by force, quashing a mass uprising against President Boris Yeltsin/ 5-China performs a nuclear test, ending a worldwide de facto moratorium-The papal encyclical Veritatis Splendor is promulgated- Last honor guard at Lenin's mausoleum\8 – John Major launches his Back to Basics campaign/10 – The South Korean ferry Seohae capsizes off Pusan, South Korea; 292 are killed- NTV Russia was lanuched\11 - US warship Harlan County anchors off Port-au-Prince Haiti/13-The 5th summit of the Francophonie opens in Mauritius- Captured American Pilot Mike Durant is filmed in an interview in captivity by a CNN camera crew\15- Nelson Mandela & South Africa president F W de Klerk awarded Nobel Peace Prize/16 - IRA bomb attack on fish & chips restaurant in Belfast, 10 killed- General Omar al-Bashir appointed Sudan president- Anti-Nazi riot breaks out in Welling in Kent, after police stop protesters approaching BNP HQ-If they only showed this much spunk when it came to containing the terrorists I don't think we would have such a problem\19 – Benazir Bhutto becomes the Prime Minister of Pakistan for the 2nd time/21- "Twilight of the Golds" opens at Booth Theater NYC for 29 perfs- Gary Kasparov defeats Nigel Short for chess championship\23- 7 killed by IRA-bomb attack in Belfast - Paramilitia kills 22 demonstrators at Bijbihara Kashmir/ 25 – Jean Chrétien and his Liberal Party defeat the governing Progressive Conservative Party, which falls to a historic low of 2 seats- Airbus A310 of Air Nigeria hijacked, 1 dead\30 – Greysteel massacre: 3 members of the Ulster Defence Association, a loyalist paramilitary group, attack a crowded bar in Greysteel, Northern Ireland, with firearms, killing 8 civilians and wounding 13.. The bar was targeted because it is in an Irish nationalist and Catholic area/31- 25 people killed during Ghana-Ivory Coast soccer match- Rapper Tupac Shakur charged with aggravated assault- Germany unemployment hits country record of 3.5 million - US wins Nichirei International LPGA Golf Tournament...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_..._South_America
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...6&postcount=65I have no intention of leaving it at that, Double-O-Seven! I'm reporting to M that you deliberately missed.. I only kill professionals.. That girl didn't know one end of her rifle from the other..I fully understand the men behind Al Qaeda.. They have tried to assassinate me twice before...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=275
Old 02-10-2014, 11:03 PM   #686
lightgiver

Arrow Zulus v Man Utd

HARRY MULLAN in BirMingHam-Sunday 11 September 1994...
Quote:
The trouble was caused by rival fans of British light-middleweight champion Robert McCracken and his challenger, Steve Foster of Salford, who were scheduled to meet after the Benn fight.. It bore more resemblance to a 1970s football riot than anything previously seen at a British boxing show. Sporadic brawling broke out before the main event after a group of McCracken fans chanting 'Blue Army' - to show their Birmingham City allegiance - broke down an entrance at the arena to attack Foster's fans. Promoter Frank Warren's threat to abandon the McCracken fight unless the rioting ceased seemed to have the desired effect, until early in the 4th round of the Benn fight when trouble erupted in a corner of the arena...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mullen
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/b...t-1448052.html
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=214Can I just say how nice it is for the first time ever to start a contest like this on level terms,both sat next door to a badly-dressed twat with a speech impediment..I aspire to talk like Prince Charles, you see..Or Derek Laud..Oh my God, I'm the centre of attention!" says the man with the big pink tyre and the tea cosy on his head!.. You know, I admire that, I think it's very stylish.. Stylish.. That's not what I am, I think it's stylish.. And so I practise that particular style..She sells sea shells by the sea shore...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=402

Last edited by lightgiver; 02-10-2014 at 11:10 PM.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:57 AM   #687
lightgiver

Lightbulb Insane Ocean

Quote:
Oceanic were a 4-member 1990s house/techno group from Wirral, England, most famous for the dance hit song, "Insanity", which was released in 1991..The group performed on several TV shows between 1991–1993, including 4 appearances on Top of the Pops, plus The Hitman and Her and an episode of Frank Sidebottom's Fantastic Shed Show..In 2006, the track "Insanity" featured on The Hitman and Her compilation CD..August 24th It had entered the top 40 at number 21 and reached the top 10 in its 3rd week.. After falling from its peak position ( September), the song remained in the top 10 for a further 3 weeks.. It then spent the final two weeks (October) of its chart life lower down the top 40.....

Quote:
1991 August 8 – John McCarthy, a British hostage held in Lebanon for over 5 years is freed/24 – Dissolution of the Soviet Union: Ukraine declares independence from Soviet Union\29 - Rioting breaks out in Leeds and Cardiff- Princess Diana attends the funeral of Adrian Ward-Jackson, her friend who died of AIDS earlier this month-Alick Buchanan-Smith, Conservative MP for Kincardine and Deeside, dies aged 59/30 – Scottish runner Liz McColgan becomes the first British gold medalist at the World Athletics Championships in Tokyo, Japan...

September 3 – Following the recent outbreaks of violence in Leeds and Cardiff, rioting breaks out at Handsworth in Birmingham, Kates Hill in Dudley and Blackbird Leys in Oxford/13– Further rioting breaks out in Tyneside\14– George BuckLey, Labour MP for Hemsworth in West Yorkshire, dies /15-A poll shows that Labour Party leader Neil Kinnock is a liability to his party\21– Richard Holt, Conservative MP for Langbaurgh in Cleveland, dies suddenly at the age of 60/27 – President Bush announces unilateral reductions in short-range nuclear weapons and calls off 24-hour alerts for long-range bombers. The Soviet Union responds with similar unilateral reductions on October 5...

October 16 – George Hennard murders 23 people in Killeen, Texas before killing himself\18 – The Soviet Union restores diplomatic relations with Israel, which had been suspended since the 1967 Six-Day War/20 -The Oakland Hills firestorm kills 25 and destroys 3,469 homes and apartments - Harare Declaration lays down the membership criteria for the Commonwealth of Nations-Former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard David Duke wins a spot in the runoff election for governor of Louisiana, ultimately losing to Edwin Edwards\ 21 – Lebanese kidnappers release Jesse Turner, a mathematics professor who had been held hostage for more than 4 years/22 – Leonora Knatchbull, the 5-year-old daughter of Norton Knatchbull, 8th Baron Brabourne and his wife Penelope, dies after a one-year battle against a kidney tumour. She was also a great-grandchild of Lord Louis Mountbatten, who was murdered by the IRA in 1979. She is buried at Romsey Abbey on 26 October\Following World War II, dozens of people have assumed the "Wizard" title as leaders of the numerous, independent, Klan-oriented organizations that have existed since then, the majority of which lack historical significance..A "Grand Dragon", for example, was the
highest-ranking Klansman in a given state...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_Perfect_Storm
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=72What about sweating Lecktor?.The lear jet is standing by. The basic lab stuff is on it. You, Zeller, Jimmy Price, the photographer. Anywhere he hits, we can be there in an hour and 15 minutes.. We get the call, we roll.. The scene will be fresh.. Fresher then we've ever had it..Y'know, I seen me a mermaid once.. I even seen me a shark eat an octopus..Have you ever seen blood in the moonlight, Will? It appears quite black...But I ain't never seen no phantom Russian... http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=121

Last edited by lightgiver; 05-10-2014 at 02:15 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:05 PM   #688
lightgiver

Lightbulb PH

"Sliver" is a song by American grunge band Nirvana...

Quote:
Released September 1990-1–10 – Pope John Paul II visits Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda and Côte d'Ivoire/2- "Grapes of Wrath" closes at Cort Theater NYC after 188 perfs\3- Rosie and Jim first airs on ITV/4 – Geoffrey Palmer resigns as Prime Minister of New Zealand and is replaced by Mike Moore\5 – Sri Lankan Civil War: Sri Lankan Army soldiers kill 158 civilians- Iraqi President Saddam Hussein urges Arabs to rise against the West/6 – In Burma, the State Law and Order Restoration Council orders the arrest of Aung San Suu Kyi and 5 other political dissidents\9-U.S. President Bush and Soviet President Gorbachev meet in Helsinki to discuss the Persian Gulf crisis-First Liberian Civil War: Liberian president Samuel Doe is captured by rebel leader Prince Johnson and killed in a filmed execution-Sri Lankan Civil War: Sri Lankan Army soldiers kill 184 civilians in Batticaloa/10 - First Pizza Hut opens in Soviet Union– Pegasus, a leading British travel operator, goes bankrupt- 19 year old Pete Sampras beats Andre Agassi to win US Open- Iran agrees to resume diplomatic ties with Iraq\11-Gulf War: U.S. President George H. W. Bush delivers a nationally televised speech in which he threatens the use of force to remove Iraqi soldiers from Kuwait-First Pizza Hut opens in the People's Republic of China, nearly 3 years after the first KFC opened there in 1987 – After a decade of performing in the Francophone world, Céline Dion makes her formal English-language debut in the United States with the release of her album Unison/12- Cold War: The two German states and the 4 Phowers sign the Treaty on the Final Settlement with Respect to Germany \13- Commuter train at Johannesburg South Africa attacked, 36 die - Iraqi troops storm residence of French ambassador in Kuwait/17- Soviet Union & Saudi Arabia restore diplomatic ties\18-The International Olympic Committee awards the 1996 Summer Olympics to Atlanta, Georgia-The PIRA tries to assassinate Air Chief Marshal Sir Peter Terry at his home near Stafford, England. Hit by at least 9 bullets, the former Governor of Gibraltar survives/20- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site\22– John Banham, a leading British industrial minister, warns that most of Britain is now affected by a recession and that there is worse to come- Saudi Arabia expels many Jordanian & Yemeni envoys/23 - Nancy Lopez wins MBS LPGA Golf Classic- PBS begins an 11 hour miniseries on Civil War - Saddam says he will destroy Israel\24- Periodic Great White Spot observed on Saturn/25- Saddam Hussein warns that US will repeat Vietnam experience\26- Thatcher joins in with the politicians who are denying that the British economy is slumping into recession-The poorly received Cop Rock premieres on US television; it was TV's only musical police drama//27- Dee Dee Ramone arrested on marijuana possession- Deposed emir of Kuwait address UN General Assembly- Gunman holds 33 people (killing 1) hostage in Berkeley Calif- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site- Tour de France champion Greg LeMond visits White House\28- Marvin Gaye gets a star on Hollywood's walk of fame/29–30 – The United Nations World Summit for Children draws more than 70 world leaders to United Nations Headquarters– - "Love & Affection" by Nelson peaks at #1 on pop singles chart- The Dalai Lama unveils the Canadian Tribute to Human Rights in Canada's capital city of Ottawa-Washington, D.C.'s National Cathedral is finished- "Millie's Book" written by 1st Lady Barbara Bush for president's dog is a best-selling non-fiction book- Chicago White Sox beat Seattle 2-1 in last game at Comiskey Park..Vintage "Red Roof" locations, designed by architect Richard D. Burke, can be found throughout the United States and Canada; several exist in the UK, Australia, and México...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sub_Pop
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...41&postcount=5There's nothing better than having a baby.. I've always loved children.. I used to work summers at the YMCA and be in charge of, like, 30 preschool kids.. I knew that when I had a child, I'd be overwhelmed, and it's true... I can't tell you how much my attitude has changed since we've got Frances..Holding my baby is the best drug in the world...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=77

Last edited by lightgiver; 07-10-2014 at 10:38 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:53 AM   #689
lightgiver

Lightbulb Ocean of Milk

Quote:
Milk is a 1996 single written, recorded and produced by alternative rock group Garbage.. "Milk" was issued as the 5th and final single to be taken from the band's multi-platinum debut Elpea Garbage.. In North America, the single coincided with Garbage's trek around the continent performing as a support act for the Smashing Pumpkins arena tour.."Milk" was first released as a single in Australia and New Zealand by Mushroom Records Imprint label White..B-side "Alien Sex Fiend" Released October 7, 1996...

Garbage - Milk ("Bizarre Festival")...
Quote:
October 2-The former prime minister of Bulgaria, Andrey Lukanov, is assassinated-An Aeroperú Boeing 757 crashes into the Pacific Ocean when the instruments fail just after takeoff from Lima Airport, killing all 70 on board\5- Caroline Pierce wins LPGA JAL Big Apple Golf Classic/6 – The government of New Zealand agrees to pay $130 million worth of compensation for the loss of land suffered by the Māori population between the years of 1844 and 1864 – Country singers Faith Hill and Tim McGraw get married- Dole and President BC meet in their 1st debate\7 - News Corporation launches the Fox News Channel as a 24-hour news channel to compete against CNN/9 - Howard's book "Miss America" released in paperback\10 - "Sex & Longing" opens at Cort Theater NYC - Cornerstone dedication for Holocaust Museum in NYC/12 – The Conservative government's majority has dwindled to a single seat with the defection of Peter Thurnham to the Liberal Democrats\13 – Racing driver Damon Hill wins the Japanese Grand Prix thus clinching the Drivers' World Championship/14 - Madonna gives birth to daughter Lourdes Maria Ciccone Leon. - 2 new programmes both on the best-selling toys.. (Sky Dancers and Dragon Flyz)\15 - Korn's second studio album, Life is Peachy, debuts at number 3 on the Billboard 200 and goes on to sell 6 million copies worldwide/16 – The Government announces plans to make possession of handguns illegal in the UK, following the Dunblane massacre- 84 people are killed and more than 180 injured as 47,000 football fans attempt to squeeze into the 36,000-seat Estadio Mateo Flores in Guatemala City\20 - "Summer & Smoke" closes at Criterion Theater NYC/22 – A fire at La Planta prison in southwest Caracas, Venezuela, kills 30 prisoners\23 – The O. J. Simpson civil trial begins in Santa Monica, California/24 – The Marcopper Mine Disaster occurs, dumping toxic copper tailings into the Boac River\25 - 11 VCI children's titles - out now on video - Frank, brother of Yank manager Joe Torre, receives a heart transplant/26 - Horse Racing Breeders' Cup Champs– The New York Yankees win the 1996 World Series, beating the Atlanta Braves 3-2 in game 6 for their first world championship in 18 years\27 - Pop-Up Video premieres on VH1.- US beats Japan, 21½-14½, at Nichirei International Golf Tournament/28 - MTV India is launched\29-Slash announces in a faxed statement that he is officially leaving Guns N' Roses- Ian Brown and Mani officially dissolve The Stone Roses/30 – Fighting erupts when Banyamulenga Tutsis of Laurent Kabila in Zaire seize Uvira and proceed to kill Hutu refugees\31 – A Brazilian TAM Fokker airliner crashes into a densely populated area of São Paulo, killing 103...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirley_Manson
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=122I know what you're like..I've been you.. Knowing there is great evil and doing nothing about it.. Keeping my head down, giving a quid to charity, signing a petition, joking about it down the pub, but doing nothing..How does that song go?. The future's So bright, I gotta wear Shades... http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=310

Last edited by lightgiver; 10-10-2014 at 01:00 AM.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:24 AM   #690
madhubala
Inactive

I miss this 90's :luv:
madhubala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2014, 12:30 AM   #691
lightgiver

Arrow Flaming Rex

Quote:
Blaze of Glory (Theme from Young Guns II)" is a song Length 5:35..by Jon Bon Jovi which reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and the Mainstream rock chart in 1990, his only chart-topper away from his band Bon Jovi. The song also reached No. 1 on the Billboard Album Rock Tracks chart.. "Blaze of Glory" also topped the ARIA music chart in Australia for a total of 6 weeks, and reached No. 13 on the UK Singles Chart..The song was allegedly recorded by Jon Bon Jovi because Emilio Estévez requested Bon Jovi's song "Wanted Dead or Alive" for the soundtrack to Young Guns II, but Bon Jovi didn't think the lyrics, about the band's constantly touring, fit the theme of the Western movie. However, the request inspired him to write "Blaze of Glory" with lyrics more topical to the film..Released USA 30 July (Hollywood, California)-(premiere) USA 1 August/ Argentina 20 September 1990....

Quote:
July 2 - Ashford, Washington Air Taxi - Aero West Aviation Inc. Cessna T210LN59291-5/5 - Crashed into Mt. Rainier at 12,700 ft. in poor visibility while en route. Continued VFR flight into IMC– Girobank Plc privatised by sale to the Alliance & Leicester Group - A stampede in a pedestrian tunnel leading to Mecca kills 1,426- U.S. District Court acquits Imelda Marcos on racketeering and fraud charges....

5 -Near Port Morseby, New Guinea Douglas Airways Britten-Norman 2B-21 Islander P2-DNJ-8/12 - Struck a ridge in poor weather 35km from Port Morseby while en route to Woltape– In Kenya, riots erupt against the Kenya African National Union's monopoly on power

9–11 –The 16th G7 summit is held in Houston.

12 -Off Union Island, Grenadines Islands Eagle Air Britten-Norman BN-2A-8 Islander J6-SLW 2/2- In Soweto, South Africa, Shanty town women strip to the waist and confront bulldozers sent by authorities to demolish their homes- Boris Yeltsin quits Soviet Communist Party- "Les Miserables," opens at National Theatre, Washington

16 – An earthquake measuring 7.7 on the Richter Scale kills more than 1,600 in the Philippines- Civil trial by parents of Suicide victims against Judas Priest begins - NYC's Empire State Building catches fire-No fatalities- Ukraine declares independence..

27 -Near Maymaneh, Afghanistan Military - Afghan Republican Air Force Mil Mi-8 (helicopter) 30/30 - Shot down by rebel forces -parliament building and a government television house in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago are stormed by the Jamaat al Muslimeen in a coup d'état attempt which lasts 5 days..Approximately 26 to 30 people are killed- Zsa Zsa Gabor begins a 3 day jail sentence for slapping a cop

31-Near Huanuco, Peru Servicio Expresso Nacional - Crashed during an emergency landing- Bosnia-Hercegovina declares independence..

August 1 Stepanakert, Azerbaijan, USSR Aeroflot-The aircraft crashed into a cloud covered mountain at 2,520m, 22km from its destination. Premature descent-Fatalities: 47 (passengers:43 crew:4)– British Airways Flight 149 is seized by the Iraqi Army at Kuwait International Airport following the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait– The National Assembly of Bulgaria elects Zhelyu Zhelev as the first non-Communist President of Bulgaria in 40 years- "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" closes at Eugene O'Neill Theater

2 – Gulf War: Iraq invades Kuwait, eventually leading to the Gulf War.

4 - Stafford rail crash : Train permitted to pass signal at danger, rear-end collision, alcohol and excessive working hours possible causes\ 20, – Poland – Ursus rail crash, near Warsaw. At 6.20 a.m., a passenger train called "Silesia" - from Praha to Warsaw (Warszawa Wschodnia) - telescoped last car of passenger train from Szklarska Poręba to Warsaw, killed 16, injured 43.. Cause of crash is unknown (probably - fault of signalling)..Second train was travelling at 12 mph (17 km/h) while Mościcki was driving his 120-tonnes electric locomotive series ET22 no. 1054 at nearly 75 mph (120 km/h)..From circa 80 passengers travelling in the last carriage of Szklarska's train, telescoped by Silesia's locomotive, 15 were killed at the moment of collision and one gravely injured person died later in hospital.. 43 people were injured- 95.5°F (35.3°C) in De Bilt Neth (highest Aug temp in Neth)- EC proposes a boycott of Iraq

10-Near Shindand, Afghanistan Military - Afghan Republican Air Force-Crashed shortly after takeoff. Mechanical failure or possibly shot down-Fatalities:83(passengers:78 crew:5)-Egypt, Syria, and 10 other Arab nations vote to send military forces to Saudi Arabia to discourage an invasion from Iraq- The Massacre of more than 127 Muslims in North East Sri Lanka by paramilitaries- US's Magellan spacecraft lands on Venus

12-South Africa, fighting breaks out between the Xhosa people and the Zulu people; more than 500 people are killed by the end of August-"Sue", the best preserved Tyrannosaurus rex specimen ever found, is discovered near Faith, South Dakota- Iraqi President Saddam Hussein says he is ready to resolve Gulf crisis if Israel withdraws from occupied territories.

21 - Yunlin, Taiwan Military - Republic of China Air Force-Crashed into a field in heavy rain and poor visibility while en route-Fatalities:18 (passengers:15 crew:3)– Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Nigeria, and Sierra Leone send peacekeepers to intervene in the First Liberian Civil War.

27-Elkhorn, Wisconsin Private - Omniflight Helicopters Four helicopters were being used to night transport a concert group. The helicopter in question remained at a lower altitude and crashed into terrain soon after taking off into fog. Blues guitarist Stevie Ray Vaughan, 35 was killed. Eric Clapton was originally going to be on the helicopter but gave his seat to Vaughan.. Failure of the pilot to attain adequate altitude before flying over rising terrain. Factors related to the accident were: darkness, fog, haze, rising terrain, and the lack of visual cues that were available to the pilot -Fatalities:5 (passengers:4 crew:1)-4 found guilty in the Guinness share-trading fraud trial-BBC begins broadcasting on Radio 5, its first new station for 23 years- 52 Americans arrive in Turkey from Iraq - Brewers-Blue Jays game is delayed 35 minutes due to gnats

29 - Near Kaiserslautern, Germany Military - U.S. Air Force-Just after taking off, the aircraft drifted to the left and clipped trees eventually crashing 3,000 ft. past the end of the runway. Possible inadvertent deployment of a thrust reverser-Fatalities:13 (passengers:6 crew:7)- Saddam Hussein declares America can't beat Iraq..

September-3 -Kaltag, Alaska Frontier Flying Service Piper PA-31-325 Navajo N59783 3/10-Crashed after loosing the No. 2 engine.Failure of the pilot to maintain adequate altitude after becoming distracted with an engine problem. Loss of power in the No. 2 engine for unknown reasons.

11 - Off Newfoundland, Canada Faucett Boeing B-727-247 OB-1303-18/18 -The aircraft ran out of fuel and crashed into the sea. The last message that was heard from the crew was they were low on fuel and preparing to ditch-U.S. President George H. W. Bush delivers a nationally televised speech in which he threatens the use of force to remove Iraqi soldiers from Kuwait-First Pizza Hut opens in the People's Republic of China, nearly 3 years after the first KFC opened there in 1987..

12 - Off Sondre Stromfjord, Greenland Nuna Air Cessna 441 Conquest II OY-CGM -8/8 -Crashed into the sea 80nm southwest of its departure point. According to ATC tapes, the crew was being incapacitated by hypoxia prior to crashing-The two German states and the Four Powers sign the Treaty on the Final Settlement with Respect to Germany in Moscow, paving the way for German reunification- "Les Miserables," opens at Cirkus Theater, Stockholm.

14 - Koltsovo, Russia Aeroflot Yakovlev YAK-42 CCCP-42351-4/128 -The aircraft undershot on approach and crashed 1,700m short of the runway. It is reported that the crew, who was apparently fatigued, failed to correctly follow procedures. The accident happened at night.

20 - Off Fernando de Noronha, Brazil SUDENE Embraer 110P1 Bandeirante PT-FAW -12/12 -The predeparture check lists were carried out by the first officer, while the captain arrived late. The aircraft s taxied out immediately and it is presumed that the crew did not carry out the pretakeoff checklist. The airplane took off, entered a steep climb and turned right. Shortly afterwards the plane dove into the sea. Both pilots had very little experience on Bandeirante planes- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site..

24-San Luis Obispo, California HiTech Helicopters -Crashed short of the runway into a Eucalyptus tree while making an approach to Runway 11 in heavy fog.. The pilot's improper IFR procedure. His failure to maintain the minimum descent altitude for the adverse weather was a related factor – The Supreme Soviet of the Soviet Union grants Gorbachev special powers for 18 months to secure the Soviet Union's transition to a market economy- Periodic Great White Spot observed on Saturn...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100994/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaze_of_Glory
http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=1150
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=157I'll be back this way on Monday!. We'll settle this then..right there..out in the street... in front of the Palace Saloon!..That's exactly what causes you to get into that accident in the future... http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=285

Last edited by lightgiver; 16-10-2014 at 12:33 AM.
Old 16-10-2014, 10:22 PM   #692
lightgiver

Lightbulb SSoard

Quote:
"Sunshine on a Rainy Day" is a single released by British female pop singer and songwriter Zoë..The song was originally released at the end of 1990, when it only managed to reach #53 on the UK Singles Chart. It was not until the remix by Youth in August 1991, that it hit #4 on the same chart and became her biggest hit to date and it crashed straight into the top 5 in August 1991...

August 4 – The cruise liner MTS Oceanos sinks off the coast of South Africa; all 571 passengers on board are safely evacuated.

8 – John McCarthy, a British hostage held in Lebanon for over 5 years is freed..Following his release, he co-authored, with Jill Morrell, a memoir of his years in captivity, entitled Some Other Rainbow. In 1995 he sailed around the coast of Britain with Sandi Toksvig, making a BBC documentary TV series and a book of the experience. McCarthy attended university with Toksvig's brother, Nick. John McCarthy co-presented the BBC Radio 4 programme Excess Baggage, also with Sandi Toksvig – The Warsaw radio mast, the tallest construction ever built at the time, collapses...

12 – The Times reports that every job vacancy is being chased by 22 applicants- Creditors vote to support Greyhound Bus reorganization plan.

17 - Strathfield massacre: In Sydney, Australia, taxi driver Wade Frankum shoots 7 people and injures 6 others before turning the gun on himself- Royals Warren Cromartie's 1st major league HR since 1983.

22 – Iceland is the first nation in the world to recognize the independence of the Baltic nations- Krizstina Egerszegi swims world record 100 m backstroke (1:00.31)..

The Lebanon hostage crisis refers to the systematic kidnapping in Lebanon of 96 foreign hostages of 21 national origins—mostly American and western European — between 1982 and 1992. At least 8 hostages died in captivity; some were murdered, while others died from lack of adequate medical attention to illnesses..25 victims were Americans, 16 were Frenchmen, 12 Britons, 7 Swiss, and 7 West Germans..Among the names the hostage takers used were Islamic Jihad, Organization for the Defense of Free People, Organization for the Oppressed of the Earth, Islamic Jihad for the Liberation of Palestine..With the exception of a few hostages such as CIA Bureau Chief William Francis Buckley and Marine Colonel William Higgins, (who were both killed) most of the hostages were chosen not for any political activity or alleged misdeeds they had committed, but because of the country they came from and the ease of kidnapping them.. Despite this, they were often treated quite cruelly, with repeated beatings and mock executions..Another American military man killed by Hezbollah abductors was Colonel William R. Higgins.. He was captured February 17, 1988, and taken hostage while serving on a (UN) peacekeeping mission in southern Lebanon. A year and a half after his capture, a videotape was released by his captors showing his body hanging by the neck.. On December 23, 1991, his body was recovered from a Beirut street where it had been dumped...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebanon_hostage_crisis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunshine_on_a_Rainy_Day
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cornwall/conten..._feature.shtml
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...18&postcount=3Mister Murdoch, you will muster the passengers.. Mister Lightoller, you will have the boats uncovered and swung out..Mister Boxhall, call all hands and get them to boat stations..Mister Moody, you will help Mister Lightoller..Mister Wilde and Mister Pitman will remain on the bridge...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...7&postcount=27

Last edited by lightgiver; 16-10-2014 at 10:36 PM.
Old 20-10-2014, 07:51 PM   #693
lightgiver

Lightbulb House of Love

Quote:
House of Love is British boy band East 17's debut single, taken from their debut studio album Walthamstow, released in August 1992.. It became a number-one hit in Sweden for six weeks and was a top 10 hit in many other countries. The song was later covered by British pop duo Shampoo and released on their 1994 album We Are Sham-poo!...

Quote:
August 18 - Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love become parents of a daughter, Frances Bean Cobain– Prime Minister of the United Kingdom John Major announces the creation of the Iraqi no-fly zones - "Real Inspector Hound" opens at Criterion NYC for 61 perfs/20 – Kristiansund's connection to the mainland of Norway, Krifast, opens- Intimate photographs of the Duchess of York and a Texan businessman, John Bryan, are published in the Daily Mirror– Opening of the Helsinki Festival\21 – August 22 – Events at Ruby Ridge, Idaho, are sparked by a Federal Marshal surveillance team, resulting in the death of a Marshal, Sam Weaver and his dog and the next day the wounding of Randy Weaver, the death of his wife Vicki and the wounding of Kevin Harris/ 23 – Hurricane Andrew attains Category 5 status on the Saffir–Simpson Hurricane Scale, and at 2100 UTC hits Eleuthera and the Bahama Banks- Kris Tschetter wins LPGA Northgate Computer Golf Classic\24 – A special commission in Brazil concludes that there is sufficient evidence to begin impeachment proceedings against President of Brazil Fernando Collor de Mello, finding he had accepted millions of dollars worth of illegal payments from business interests-24 – August 28 – Hurricane Andrew hits south Florida and dissipates over the Tennessee valley when it merges with a storm system; 23 are killed/25- Jamie Solinger, of Iowa, crowned 10th Miss Teen USA/26 - "Anna Karenina" opens at Circle in Sq Theater NYC for 46 perfs\27 - Hugh McKiben (aged 19) becomes the 3,000th victim of the sectarian violence in Northern Ireland which began in 1969 – Russian Tu-134A crashes while landing at Ivanovo Yuzhny Airport, killing all 84 people on board (including 21 children)/28 – 4 U.S. Air Force F-4G Phantom II aircraft of the 52nd Fighter Wing arrive at Dhahran Airfield in Saudi Arabia to participate in Operation Southern Watch\29 In Rostock, Germany, tens of thousands rally to protest neo-Nazi attacks on refugees and immigrants begun on August 22/30 - The 11-day Ruby Ridge standoff ends with Randy Weaver surrendering to federal authorities- "2 Trains Running" closes at Walter Kerr Theater NYC after 160 perfs...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_17
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=210I don't tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something a little something extra..But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds..As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job..Hey, our girl was nice..She was okay..She wasn't anything special... http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=226

Last edited by lightgiver; 20-10-2014 at 08:51 PM.
Old 23-10-2014, 11:16 PM   #694
lightgiver

Exclamation Land Ho

Quote:
The Greatest Hits is a greatest hits compilation released by Australian rock band INXS in 1994. The compilation was a chart success in Australia, peaking at #2 and in the UK, where it reached #3. It only managed to reach #112 on the US Billboard 200; however, it was eventually certified platinum..Released 31 October 1994..

September–October – Iraq disarmament crisis: Iraq threatens to stop cooperating with UNSCOM inspectors and begins to once again deploy troops near its border with Kuwait.. In response, the U.S. begins to deploy troops to Kuwait...

Manchester rockers Oasis found their success on their debut album, Definitely Maybe, which shot to number No. 1 on its first week out in September\ Russia and the People's Republic of China agree to de-target their nuclear weapons against each other/6 -José Cura wins the Operalia – International Plácido Domingo Opera Singer Competition-Bad Religion release their 8th studio album (and proper major-label debut) Stranger than Fiction.. This proved to be the last to feature founding guitarist/songwriter Brett Gurewitz for seven years, until his return. Gurewitz would be replaced by former Minor Threat / Dag Nasty / Junkyard guitarist Brian Baker, who turned down a touring job for R.E.M. at this time, and eventually becomes a permanent member of Bad Religion/8 – Richard A. Morse, lead male vocalist of RAM, narrowly escapes a kidnapping by armed men during the band's live performance at the Hotel Oloffson in Port-au-Prince, Haiti; the attempted kidnapping was provoked by the performance of "Fèy", a RAM single banned nationwide by the military authorities - "Philadelphia, Here I Come" opens at Criterion NYC for 52 perfs- Last US, British & French troops leave West Berlin - MTV awards feature newlyweds Jackson & Presley - Man shoots another man on IRT #4 train at Grand Central Station\12- Cessna crashes in White House front yard/ 15 - A 1957 audio tape of John Lennon performing with The Quarrymen on the same night he met Paul McCartney fetches £78,500 at a Sotheby's auction in London - "Sound of Motown," premieres in Rotterdam\16 – Danish tour guide Louise Jensen is abducted, raped and murdered by 3 British soldiers in Cyprus-Britain lifts the broadcasting ban imposed on Sinn Féin and paramilitary groups from Northern Ireland-In the night of 16 September 94, Jensen and her Cypriot boyfriend were riding a motorbike when they were hit by a jeep driven by the drunk soldiers Ford, Fowler, and Pernell-A month prior to the killing Ford was accused of having smashed a beer glass in the head of a tourist, injuring him seriously-Fowler was considered a poor soldier with several disciplinaries and fights-Pernell was accused of having attacked a woman when he was stationed at the Falkland Islands- Fire Dept puts out smokey electrical fire in White House/18 - Sweden social-democratic SPD wins parliamentary election\28 – The car ferry MS Estonia sinks in the Baltic Sea, killing 852 people– José Francisco Ruiz Massieu, Mexican politician, is assassinated on orders of Raúl Salinas de Gortari- "Cats" 5,000th Broadway performance (joins Chorus Line & Oh! Calcutta!)- "Ed Wood" premieres/29 - House votes to end lobbyists buying meals & entertainment for Congress- Pointer Sisters receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame - 1st phase of OJ Simpson murder trial jury selection ends (304 chosen)\30 - Space shuttle STS-68 (Endeavour 7), launches into orbit...

Quote:
The Strangest Party (These Are The Times)" is a single by Australian band INXS..also featured in the movie Drop Zone.. Released 25 October 1994..

MS Estonia, previously Viking Sally (1980–1990), Silja Star (−1991), and Wasa King (−1993), was a cruise ferry built in 1979/80 at the German shipyard Meyer Werft in Papenburg. The ship sank in 1994 in the Baltic Sea in one of the worst maritime disasters of the 20th century.. It is the deadliest shipwreck disaster to have occurred in the Baltic Sea in peacetime, costing 852 lives..Originally the ship was conceived as a sister ship to Diana II, built in 1979 by the same shipyard for Rederi AB Slite, the 3rd partner in Viking Line...

October 4 – In Switzerland, 23 members of the Order of the Solar Temple cult are found dead, a day after 25 of their fellow cultists are similarly discovered in Morin-Heights, Quebec\11 - Korn, a nu metal band from Bakersfield, California, launches its self-titled debut album Korn, peaking at number 72 on the Billboard 200 and launching the nu metal sound- Russian ruble decreases to 3,926 rubles per dollar/12 - Jimmy Page and Robert Plant: No Quarter (Unledded) premieres on MTV. The "unplugged" concert special featuring the two former Led Zeppelin bandmates was filmed to accompany the release of the album of the same name - Contact with Venus orbitter Magellan broken- Iranian Fokker F28 explode between Isfahan & Teheran: 66 killed\19 - 160 killed in fighting in Tsjetsjenie (Chechnya) - Palestinian bomb attack on bus in Tel Aviv, kills 22\20– Cash-for-questions affair: The Guardian newspaper reports that two Conservative MPs, Neil Hamilton and Tim Smith, took bribes from Harrods chief Mohamed Al-Fayed to ask questions in the House of Commons/21 - Hana bridge is Seoul Korea crashes, 32+ die - North Korea signs pact to end their nuclear projects\24 - Bomb attack on opposition in Sri Lanka, 55+ killed/25 - Susan Smith claims her 2 kids were carjack (she actually killed them)\28- Japanese space probe Sakigake passes Earth for 3rd time/29 - Antonov AN-12 having an accident at Ust-Ilimsk Kaluga, 21 killed\31 – The Duke of Edinburgh attends a ceremony in Israel where his late mother, Princess Alice of Battenberg is honoured as "Righteous among the Nations" for sheltering Jewish families from the Nazis in Athens, during World War II.-American Eagle Flight 4184 ATR 72 crashes in Roselawn, Indiana, after circling in icy weather, killing 64 passengers..Soon after, they were cleared to descend to 8,000 ft (2,400 m).. After this descent the pilots were ordered to make another hold. During the descent, a warning sound indicating an overspeed warning due to the extended flaps was heard in the cockpit.. After the pilot took action by retracting the flaps, a strange noise was heard on the cockpit voice recorder, followed by an uncommanded roll excursion which disengaged the autopilot.. Control was lost and all aboard were killed..The two flight attendants were Amanda Holberg, 23, and Sandi Modaff, 27..Fatalities 68 (all)...

Atlantic Records (Atlantic Recording Corporation) is an American record label best known for its numerous recordings of rhythm and blues, rock and roll, jazz, and hip hop-The label also has a number of deals with previously independent labels such as Must Destroy and VP Records..An identical bow construction had also been used in Diana II...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Estonia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_Records
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showt...=168454&page=8This is a conspiracy, that's what it is..One... big... damn conspiracy! And everyone's in on it, including her!.One in particular.. It's got a long rock wall with a big oak tree at the north end...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=207

Last edited by lightgiver; 23-10-2014 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:01 PM   #695
lightgiver

Lightbulb Stay Beautiful

B-52G Stratofortresses chopped into 5 pieces...

Quote:
All formats included "R.P. McMurphy" with CD and 12" adding "Soul Contamination". The title of "R.P. McMurphy" is based on the protagonist of Ken Kesey's 1962 novel One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest .. The single only just crept into the UK charts, reaching number forty on 10 August..Released 29 July 1991..

Quote:
July 2 - Riot at Guns N' Roses concert in St Louis- Don Trump proposes to Marla Maples and gives her a 7.5 carat diamond ring\4 – President of Colombia César Gaviria lifts a 7-year-long state of siege/6-7 – Steffi Graf and Michael Stich win the Wimbledon Championships– The Brioni Agreement ends the 10-Day War in Slovenia\8 – Two suspected IRA terrorists shoot their way out of Brixton Prison in London/10 -Boris Yeltsin begins his 5-year term as the first elected president of Russia- L'Express Airlines Beechcraft C-99 crashes in Alabama, killing 13..

11 - A solar eclipse of record totality occurs, seen first in Hawaii, then enters Mexico where the path directly crosses Cabo San Lucas and Mexico City, seen by 20 million inhabitants, and finally ends in Colombia in South America-Nigeria Airways Flight 2120, a Douglas DC-8 operated by Canadian airline Nolisair, catches fire and crashes soon after takeoff from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia,, killing all 247 passengers and 14 crew members on board.. It is the deadliest accident involving a DC-8..When the aircraft was about 18 kilometres (11 mi) from the airport and at an altitude of 671 metres (2,201 ft), a number of bodies fell from it, indicating that the fire by that time had consumed, at least partially, the cabin floor...In 1997, Robert Obadia, owner of Nationair and its parent company Nolisair, pled guilty to 8 counts of fraud in relation to the company's activities and was ordered to repay investors $234,000.. As of 2011, his whereabouts were unknown – Labour Party MP, Terry Fields, joins the list of people jailed for refusal to pay the poll tax after he receives a 60-day prison sentence..

15 – Chemical Bank and Manufacturers Hanover Corporation announce that they are merging, the largest bank merger in history - France performs nuclear Test at Muruora Island - US troops leave northern Iraq\16 – President Gorbachev arrives in London to ask for western aid from the leaders of the G7/18 - In Israel, a judge investigating a 1990 incident outside a mosque in Jerusalem in which at least 17 Palestinians were killed rules that Israeli police provoked the incident\ 21 – Ian Baker-Finch wins the Open Championship/22 -Boxer Mike Tyson is arrested and charged with the rape of Miss Black America contestant Desiree Washington 3 days earlier, in Indianapolis, Indiana-Serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer is arrested after the remains of 11 men and boys are found in his Milwaukee, Wisconsin, apartment. Police soon find out that he is involved in 6 more murders\24 – Chancellor Norman Lamont assures the House of Commons that the economic recovery will begin before the end of this year/25 – British astronomers announce they have found what appears to be an extrasolar planet\ 27 – An oil spill begins fouling beaches in Olympic National Park- TV Guide publishes its 2000th edition/28- Buffalo Bills beat Philadelphia Eagles, 17-13 in American Bowl in Wembley- It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again - Dennis Martinez pitches the 13th perfect game - I hated the decay and the dissection. There was no sadistic pleasure in the killing/30 - Red Sox Carlos Quintana is 11th to get 6 RBIs in an inning (3rd)- MTV announces it will split into 3 channels in 93\31 -The United States and the Soviet Union sign the START I treaty limiting strategic nuclear weapons-Soviet Special Purpose Police Unit (OMON) forces kill 7 Lithuanian customs officials in Medininkai in the most serious of the Soviet OMON assaults on Lithuanian border posts- Senate votes to allow women to fly combat aircraft...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stay_Be...Preachers_song)
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=145You'll enjoy Mr. Barlow.. And he'll enjoy you..Sweetest singing I ever heard..Yeah, Jason?..What's the matter?..Open the window. Open the window, Mark.. Please! Let me in!.. http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=354
Old 01-11-2014, 11:14 PM   #696
bluehorseman

Default mmm smells like teen spirit

http://youtu.be/m2tv1ShcVmQ
bluehorseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:14 PM   #697
lightgiver

Lightbulb Pro Test

the stranglers - Grand Canyon...
Quote:
Stranglers in the Night is the 11th album by The Stranglers, opened the recording career of the Stranglers MK II, with Paul Roberts on vocals and John Ellis on guitar. It was also the first release on the band's own record label, Psycho..The band returned to a purer, less "produced" sound; the horns have departed and the songs have a less-constrained, harder edge..Released September 1992...

Quote:
September 1 – In Beijing, police arrest Shen Tong for his role in organizing the Tiananmen Square pro-tests of 1989- NYC police commisioner Brown resigns- Tommy Smothers undergoes arthroscopic surgery/2 – EQ in Nicaragua kills at least 116 people- US dollar valued at 156.50 guilder (record)\3- Jerry Lewis' 27th Muscular Dystrophy telethon/4- "Scared Silent" is 1st non news program to be seen on 3 networks simultaneously\5 - Italian supercar manufacturer Ferrari announces that its Formula One division will be designing and manufacturing cars in Britain- Dan O'Brien sets world record decathlon/6- Noureddine Morceli runs world record 1500m\ 7 -In Ciskei, members of the Ciskei Defence Force loyal to dictator Oupa Gqozo open fire into a crowd of anti-Gqozo protestors organized by the African National Congress, killing at least 28 people and wounding nearly 200-President of Tajikistan Rahmon Nabiyev is forced to resign following weeks of clan and religious warfare that left nearly 2,000 people dead- After receiving an 18-9 no-confidence vote from the owners, Commissioner Fay Vincent is forced to resign.. Vincent is soon replaced by Milwaukee Brewers president Bud Selig on what is meant to be an interim basis- Nancy Lopez wins LPGA Rail Charity Golf Classic/9 - Robin Yount becomes the 17th player to reach 3,000 hits in the Milwaukee Brewers' 5-4 loss to the Cleveland Indians. Yount singles to right center off Cleveland's José Mesa in the se7enth inning- 1st time Baltimore Orioles draw 3 million fans at home- 9th MTV Awards: Howard Stern appears as Fartman\10- Lucy in Peanuts comics raises her Pyschiatric Help from 5 cents to 47 cents/11 –Hurricane Iniki hits the Hawaiian Islands, Kauai and Oahu-3 die & 8,000 injured\12 - STS-47: Dr. Mae Jemison becomes the first African American woman to travel into space, aboard the Space Shuttle Endeavour-born in Decatur, Alabama. on October 17, 1956, the youngest child of Charlie Jemison and Dorothy Green -She said it was easier to apply to be a shuttle astronaut, "rather than waiting around in a cornfield, waiting for ET to pick me up or something - In Peru, police arrest Abimael Guzmán, the leader of the Shining Path guerilla movement, who had evaded capture for 12 years- 106th US Womens Tennis: Monica Seles beats A Sanchez Vicario- Stefan Edberg beats Michael Chang in what is believed to be the longest match in US Open history (5hr 26min)/13- Nigel Mansell announces his retirement from Formula One racing - 112th US Mens Tennis: Stefan Edberg beats Pete Sampras\14- 1st subway car completed to be exported from US (to Taiwan)/15- Ted Weiss, despite dying on 14th, wins congressional NYC seat\16 – Black Wednesday: The pound sterling and the Italian lira are forced out of the European Exchange Rate Mechanism-In 1997 the UK Treasury estimated the cost of Black Wednesday at £3.4 billion, with other sources giving estimates as high as £27 billion- FCC votes to allow competition for local phone service- 900 die in flood in Pakistan- "Les Miserables," opens at Nuevo Apolo, Madrid...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Wednesday
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stranglers_in_the_Night
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showt...=216650&page=8Now I, Critias and Hermocrates, am conscious that I myself should never be able to celebrate the city and her citizens in a befitting manner, and I am not surprised at my own incapacity; to me the wonder is rather that the poets present as well as past are no better-not that I mean to depreciate them; but every one can see that they are a tribe of imitators, and will imitate best and most easily the life in which they have been brought up; while that which is beyond the range of a man's education he finds hard to carry out in action, and still harder adequately to represent in language...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...postcount=1418

Last edited by lightgiver; 07-11-2014 at 11:16 PM.
Old 16-11-2014, 12:11 AM   #698
lightgiver

Arrow Salem Express

Quote:
The Beast Inside is the second studio album from British indie rock band Inspiral Carpets, it was released in 1991 on Mute Records..

December 16 -Kazakhstan declares its independence from the Soviet Union-United Nations General Assembly Resolution 3379: The United Nations General Assembly adopts United Nations General Assembly Resolution 46/86 which states that Zionism is not racism, repealing United Nations General Assembly Resolution 3379 (adopted 1975). The resolution is favoured by 111 nations and opposed by 25 nations – Stella Rimington announced as the first female director general of MI5..She was made a Dame Commander of the Order of the Bath (DCB) in the New Year Honours List in 1996..Rimington's work after leaving MI5 has been as a non-executive director for companies such as Marks & Spencer and BG Group...

The Salem Express was a roll on, roll off car & passenger ferry that operated between the ports of Safaga (in Egypt) and Jeddah (Saudi Arabia).. On one such return journey from Jeddah, she sank after colliding with Hyndman Reef in the early hours of 17 December 1991.. The impact with the reef both holed the bows and caused the bow visor to be forced open.. She very quickly took on water and sank, on her starboard side within minutes. Loss of life was considerable, with the official figure being quoted as 470. Rumour suggests that there were many more on board, however this is debatable as official records list the number of passengers and crew as 690..Many bodies were recovered after the sinking, but eventually a halt was called due to the danger involved and the wreck was sealed with plates welded across openings..At the stern of the ship, divers can enter the large car door.. The wreck still contains cars and luggage, a haunting reminder of the lives lost..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beast_Inside
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Salem_Express
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=584Counselor! Come out, come out, wherever you are!. You're scared.. But that's Ok.. I want you to savor that fear.. The south was born in fear.. Fear of the Indian, fear of the slave, fear of the damn Union.. The south has a fine tradition of savoring fear..Counselor, could you be there?..http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...postcount=1738

Last edited by lightgiver; 16-11-2014 at 12:13 AM.
Old 25-11-2014, 04:04 PM   #699
lightgiver

Lightbulb BG

Quote:
December 17 – The soundtrack to Whitney Houston's debut film, The BodyGuard: O-riginal Soundtrack Album is released.. went on to be certified 17x platinum by the RIAA and sell 45 million copies worldwide...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bod...undtrack_Album
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=468
Old 25-11-2014, 04:23 PM   #700
lightgiver

Arrow MHead

Quote:
 '​92 Tour EP is the most recent EP by the British band Motörhead featuring songs from their March or Die and 1916 albums. Issued in 12" vinyl and CD 'jewel slim-case' formats.. Tracks one and 2 are taken from the March or Die album, tracks 3 and Four are taken from the 1916 album..Epic released a 12" Promo version in the U.S. with "Hellraiser" on the A-side and "You Better Run" on the B-side..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%2792_Tour_EP
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...68&postcount=2