Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Old 14-11-2007, 01:24 PM   #1
eternal_spirit
Inactive

Default What's the truth about salt ?

Should we add it to our food ? Is there a safe amount to add ? etc.
eternal_spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 01:35 PM   #2
mynameis

It's a double edged sword. You have too much salt in your blood it's bad. The more you exercise the more salt you lose in sweat and body fluids. Salt is the conductor for body electric, while sugar is the energy of the body electric. Also to point out 1 kilo-calorie of exercise is about 2 lbs. So diet and exercise works if your caloric intake is below 1000 calories while exercising off 1500 cals. Keep in mind that jogging a mile is about 2 kilo calories.
I can no longer have fair and intelligent conversation with people here, without them resorting to the use of personal attacks. I have been targeted as a scapegoat for my defensive actions. I cannot discuss new topics and stop the rampant amounts of misinformation when it happens, where it applies. If it can happen to me it can happen to you.

Last edited by mynameis; 14-11-2007 at 01:38 PM.
mynameis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #3
megafish33

Sodium is essential for life, although we know in high amounts you can unbalance the ratios of sodium with other minerals. Produce can have enough in it depending on the soil it grew in. Table salt was pushed to prevent a certain deficiency which isn't that common anymore. And keep in mind that salt has always been great at preserving things, which is why it's used so much in processed foods. If you limit your intake of them you'll also limit your intake of excess sodium.

Sea salts of all kinds a great way to get sodium, amongst other things. My fav is pink salt. I try not to make things too salty and just add it to a dish at the end to taste.
megafish33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 06:53 PM   #4
eternal_spirit
Inactive

[quote=megafish33;189187

Sea salts of all kinds a great way to get sodium, amongst other things. My fav is pink salt. I try not to make things too salty and just add it to a dish at the end to taste.[/quote]

Why is it pink lol, and is it higher quality ?
eternal_spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 07:47 PM   #5
revolutionary_jam

as far as i know table salt just robs your body of water and other resources it replaces in cells

Thinking of what one does not have, manifests it self in the perpetuation of not having.

If you always do what you've always done then you'll always get what you've always got. Go the other way.
revolutionary_jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 08:14 PM   #6
callybhoy
Banned

Might be some usefull info here....I've been ordering celtic sea salt since reading about the benefits of it as opposed to the normal table salt available in the shops.

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showt...highlight=salt
callybhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2007, 03:31 AM   #7
mad as a cat
Banned

I use sea salt and rock salt, as they are potassium and 'table' salt is sodium.
Plenty of foods have salt in them, naturally.

Of course, this may be incorrect, in which case, just take what I say with a pinch of salt
mad as a cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2007, 08:08 PM   #8
megafish33

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal_spirit View Post

I donno, I got it in Hawaii... I think it's just a different type... there are actually salts that come in all kinds of colors, naturally.

Last edited by megafish33; 15-11-2007 at 08:12 PM.
megafish33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2007, 11:48 AM   #9
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal_spirit View Post

Sea salt is so different from normal table salt that they shouldn't have the same name. Sea salt contains dozens of essential minerals that table salt lacks. You can actually use natural, unprocessed sea salt to fertilize your garden! It keeps the slugs at bay too. If you try doing that with table salt you'll kill everything growing there stone dead!

"Because he refused to compete in games for domination he was indomitable."
from The Dispossessed by Ursula le Guin
hagbard_celine is offline   Reply With Quote