Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Astrology / Tarot / Numerology

Old 03-07-2010, 09:31 PM   #1
cultofexperience

Question Will someone discuss the Eris/Pluto switch?

I have tried to bring this topic up on a few different forums with no responses.

I even contacted the only acquaintance I have that is an active astrologer, and she dismissed my question as unimportant.

I do not understand why after Pluto was demoted and Eris was promoted, that no one has adjusted their "readings" accordingly?

In all the current stuff I've found posted online about the Cardinal Cross, everyone mentions Pluto and not one mention of where Eris is located during this time.

I would like to remind you that the in the mythology Eris is NOT pleased about being left out of the party. She might start lobbing "golden apples" at us if we do not make an adjustment (tongue-in-cheek humor, I hope).
cultofexperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:15 PM   #2
cultofexperience

No one? I'm starting to think this is some kind of weird taboo subject for Astrologers?
Old 03-07-2010, 10:26 PM   #3
magicalfairy
Banned

is Eris a planet now?
magicalfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:55 PM   #4
cultofexperience

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalfairy View Post
is Eris a planet now?

http://www.planetary.org/news/2006/0...ins_Solar.html

By Amir Alexander
14 September, 2006

2003 UB313, the giant Kuiper belt object (KBO) whose discovery shook the entire solar system, now has an official name. On September 13, 2006, the International Astronomical Union's (IAU) working groups on planetary system nomenclature and small body nomenclature voted almost unanimously to accept the suggestion of the objects' discoverers and name it Eris, after the Greek goddess of discord and strife.

Eris is the largest object detected in the solar system since the discovery of Neptune in 1846. When it was announced to the world by its discoverers Michael Brown of Caltech, David Rabinowitz of Yale, and Chad Trujillo of the Gemini Observatory in 2005, it caused a crisis of definitions in the astronomical community, as well as in the general public. The reason? It was bigger than Pluto, the smallest of the nine traditional planets.

The common understanding of the term "planet" had already been under scrutiny in recent years due to the discovery of other giant KBOs, which were nearly as large as Pluto, and the detection of giant planets outside the solar system. But it was the discovery of Eris, or 2003 UB313 as it was known at the time, which brought the question to a head. If Pluto is a planet, then surely the larger Eris should be a planet, and quite likely the other giant KBOs as well; but if Eris is not a planet, then Pluto shouldn't be one either. One thing was clear: it was time to decide. The debate led directly to the IAU's decision on August 24 to strip Pluto of its planetary status and establish a new category of "dwarf planets" that includes Pluto, Eris, and similar large objects on the periphery of the solar system. Nevertheless, despite the IAU's vote, the uproar continues and shows no sign of dying down.

This background, according to discoverer Michael Brown, makes the name assigned to the new object entirely appropriate. "The Goddess Eris," said Brown, "created all sorts of problems by causing people to quarrel among themselves. That's exactly what the dwarf planet Eris did as well." Explaining why he and his collaborators had proposed the name to the IAU in the first place, he said simply: "it was just too perfect to pass up."

Eris's moon, formerly known by the catchy designation S/2005 (2003 UB313) 1, was also given a name – Dysnomia, who in Greek mythology is Eris's daughter and the Daimon spirit of lawlessness. In addition to the implicit reference to the ongoing controversy, Dysnomia's name is also a nod towards the unofficial nickname by which 2003 UB313 had been known until now – "Xena," the warrior princess of television fame. "Although Xena is now gone from the sky," explained Brown, "we wanted her fans to know that the spirit of Lucy Lawless is still out there." Lucy Lawless is the actress who played Xena on television.

Whether it be called a planet, dwarf planet, KBO, or something else entirely, the solar system now has a new member whose name reflects the uncertainty and confusion it brought with it. Perhaps by joining together to name the newcomer, planetary scientists have taken a first step towards bringing the field back under the sway of Dysnomia's counterpart, Eunomia – the goddess of good order.

http://www.space.com/scienceastronom...efinition.html

Pluto Demoted: No Longer a Planet in Highly Controversial Definition

Capping years of intense debate, astronomers resolved today to demote Pluto in a wholesale redefinition of planethood that is being billed as a victory of scientific reasoning over historic and cultural influences. But already the decision is being hotly debated.

Officially, Pluto is no longer a planet.

"Pluto is dead," said Caltech researcher Mike Brown, who spoke with reporters via a teleconference while monitoring the vote. The decision also means a Pluto-sized object that Brown discovered will not be called a planet.

"Pluto is not a planet," Brown said. "There are finally, officially, eight planets in the solar system."

I hope this is sufficient to answer your question. I was too lazy to keep reading through articles to get just the right quote.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #5
cultofexperience

Shoot, I can't even get a "Hail Eris" from a Discordian?

Not a single peep out of anybody?

The astrology of Eris, the newest planet

Along with the elevation to Planethood of 2003 UB313 (formerly known as Xena) now comes an official name: Eris, named after the Greek goddess that set off the Trojan war by throwing the golden apple into the circle of goddesses that would ultimately be for the fairest of them all. The goddesses (Athena, Aphrodite and Hera) competed for the apple, and the Trojan war was the famous result. Eris is a troublemaker: the goddess of strife and discord, and her Roman name was Discordia.

The tenth planet is aptly named, because her discovery led to a great deal of discord and turned the world of astronomy on its ears and led to the declassification of Pluto. Now Eris, Pluto and Ceres all rule jointly in their new classification as "dwarf planets." This site has a great assortment of stories from the myths about the nature of Eris from which the stories below have been taken.

Eris is a sister of Ares, the god of war, and as a nurse to dying soldiers she has been known to fill their hearts with hate and the desire for revenge. Aeschylus says, "discord is the last of the gods to close an argument." Eris is likely to rule over the domain of revenge which has previously fallen under Pluto's realm. The role of Eris in the Trojan War did not begin from spite but from wounded feelings since Eris was not invited to the wedding of Peleus and Thetis. So Eris is concerned with wounds to the ego that result in a disturbed psyche.

Hesiod saw a more positive side to Eris:

She pushes the shiftless man to work, for all his laziness. A man looks at his neighbour, who is rich: then he too wants work; for the rich man presses on with his ploughing and planting and ordering of his estate. So the neighbour envies the neighbour who presses on toward wealth. Such Eris (Strife) is a good friend to mortals."

Perhaps this is the lesson that Eris comes to teach:

"Herakles was making his way through a narrow pass. He saw something that looked like an apple lying on the ground and he tried to smash it with his club. After having been struck by the club, the thing swelled up to twice its size. Herakles struck it again with his club, even harder than before, and the thing then expanded to such a size that it blocked Herakles's way. Herakles let go of his club and stood there, amazed. Athena saw him and said, 'O Herakles, don't be so surprised! This thing that has brought about your confusion is Aporia (Contentiousness) and Eris (Strife). If you just leave it alone, it stays small; but if you decide to fight it, then it swells from its small size and grows large." - Aesop, Fables 534 (from Chambry 129)

Eris is a very slow moving planet (it entered Aries back in 1928 and as of the latest date in the Swiss Ephemeris of 2036 is will still be at 27 degrees Aries) and will be important to astrologers only for its placement in the birthchart rather than its effect by transit or current planetary cycles of the birthchart. However, other planets will aspect it and it will be interesting to see what effect in any those cycles will have. You can be sure that astrologers everywhere will be keeping a close eye on it!

Read more: http://blog.beliefnet.com/astrologic...#ixzz0skGVEZYA

Apparently not?
Old 04-07-2010, 07:57 PM   #6
magicalfairy
Banned

Isn't it smaller than Pluto? I mean anyway Hades was a major god... Why do you have such a fascination with this idea? Is it neato or something?
magicalfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:39 PM   #7
infinite tea
Inactive

It seems that there are likely to be 13 planets to my intuition and as the unconscious becomes conscious we will most likely discover the missing ones :-)
infinite tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:14 AM   #8
princessofwands

Eris moves extremely slowly and is currently at 22.14 Aries according to www.astro.com.

Transiting Mercury will shortly be squaring her so we may see an increase in angry conversations and disrupted travel or communications systems.

At least she isn't actually part of this summer's Grand Cross.

But Hades is...one of those 'invisible' planets. Currently at 29 Gemini.

Here is a description of the invisible planets and how they were found, including what Hades is all about:

http://medicalastrologybyeileennauma...=1272034803889

In other posts on her blog, Eileen describes the other invisible 'Uranians'. Vulcanus was a factor in the oil spill, as in the US progressed chart, moon was opposite Vulcanus.

You can find them in your chart and in their transiting positions by going to www.astro.com, Free Horoscopes, Extended Chart Selection, put hh in the asteroid box at the bottom.
princessofwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:16 PM   #9
linda28

I think Pluto is more important than Eris in one's chart. Planet or not, it still is what it is. Same effect as before
linda28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:23 PM   #10
cultofexperience

Hey, I was gone a few days and people finally showed up! Yay!

I only make issue of it because of the significant symbolism involved. I am not an astrologer, just study symbols.

I am not suggesting that Pluto's demotion should make it not be included in the chart reading. I am just noticing that with such an attempt to bring attention to "her" no one is responding and including the effect of such a decision. I expected it to make a huge splash and to start up discussion way back in 2007, and I am still not seeing much being said.

The world seems to have gotten a lot more "discord" lately..??
Old 13-07-2010, 02:57 PM   #11
sofa king

Quote:
Originally Posted by cultofexperience View Post

I am not suggesting that Pluto's demotion should make it not be included in the chart reading. I am just noticing that with such an attempt to bring attention to "her" no one is responding and including the effect of such a decision. I expected it to make a huge splash and to start up discussion way back in 2007, and I am still not seeing much being said.

I don't too many that account for Ceres, Pallis and Vesta, which would also have some degree of impact.
sofa king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2010, 07:26 PM   #12
smokey_shaman

The article isn't saying that Eris is now a planet. Its saying, if anything it is classified as a dwarf planet along with Pluto. The whole "Planet" thing needs to be fixed. Anything with a core, geological activity, or electrical aura, should be a planet. Several of the moons around Jupiter and Saturn clearly should be labeled as planets without a doubt(Titan and Europa). As they are clear examples of planet activities.

smokey_shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2010, 05:48 PM   #13
lyricusmagna

Pluto should have remained a planet.