Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 30-04-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
dreamweaver

Cool The Second Coming

How many people have seen The Second Coming, a TV drama starring Christopher Eccleston that was broadcast in 2002? It was written by Russell T Davies (before he went on to revive the Doctor Who series) and is a much under-rated drama that may strike a chord with people here.

The main character disappears on Saddleworth Moor for 40 days and nights, then comes back and tells everyone he is the Son of God. To prove it, he makes it daylight over the Manchester City football stadium in the middle of the night. Having convinced people with this miracle, he gives them this speech about the Third Testament:

Fans of Orbital will recognise this as the speech that was sampled for their track "You Lot". I particularly like the line he uses when he addresses the world's scientists about the unravelling of DNA and their lack of ethics: "If you want the position of God, take the responsibility!"

I rediscovered it when I was researching for a post the other day and I thought I'd share it with people. The whole drama is well worth watching and you can see it in playlist form here:
Old 30-04-2010, 09:15 PM   #2
dreamweaver

Aw, come on people. This is a really good drama that I wanted to share with you.

I thought people might be interested by the "Son of God" aspect of it in particular.