Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 08-09-2016, 05:05 PM   #1
baboshka1
Inactive

Default Why Did the FDA Recently Ban 19 Chemicals Found in Antibacterial Soaps

Why Did the FDA Recently Ban 19 Chemicals Found in Antibacterial Soaps?
Quote:
On September 2, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) banned most antibacterial soaps and body washes currently on store shelves, saying the products pose health risks, and don’t work any better than regular soap. [1]

The FDA gave companies a year to take triclosan, triclocarban, and 17 other chemicals out of their products. Triclosan is found in about 2,000 liquid products labeled “antibacterial” or “antimicrobial,” which accounts for about 93% of liquid soaps.

The agency said in a statement:

“Companies will no longer be able to market antibacterial washes with these ingredients because manufacturers did not demonstrate that the ingredients are both safe for long-term daily use and more effective than plain soap and water in preventing illness and the spread of certain infections.

Some manufacturers have already started removing these ingredients from their products.”

One of those companies is Avon, which announced in 2014 that it would no longer include triclosan in its new products, saying that it was “identifying alternatives or changing formulations for the small number of existing products that had included triclosan among their ingredients.”
The Dangers of Triclosan

The first thing you must understand about germ-killing chemicals like triclosan is that humans need germs. Everyone wants to avoid flu and colds, but there is such a thing as being too clean.

Superbugs. As you repeatedly coat your hands in antimicrobial soap, the germs you’re trying to kill mutate and become resistant to the chemicals and eventually get even stronger. Some research suggests that this process is resulting in germs becoming resistant to antibiotics. Instead of getting rid of germs, triclosan-containing products are helping them evolve and become more dangerous.

Damage to the heart and body. A study published in 2012 in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences shows that triclosan impairs muscle function in humans, mice, and fish. Exposure to the chemical could eventually lead to heart disease and heart failure caused by reduced contractions in cardiac and skeletal muscles.

Even mice that were exposed to low concentrations of triclosan experienced a 25% reduction in heart function within just an hour, which can be deadly or debilitating.

It’s useless. One of the reasons the FDA banned triclosan is that it simply doesn’t work. A study published last September in the Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy found that antibacterial soaps provide no benefit over washing your hands with regular soap and water.

The reason why triclosan doesn’t work any better than soap and water is the same reason why some people end up getting sick even when they do wash with soap and water – they don’t scrub long enough.http://naturalsociety.com/in-prog-fd...al-soaps-1234/
I became weary of hand washes as I noticed after I used them my skin felt tacky, I thought would this not encourage germs more and to stick to your skin like glue so I stopped using them and now the above article comes out

One of the chemicales that caught my eye is Fluorosalan as I think anything now that starts of with FLUOR is dodgy and should be avoided.

Anyways I went digging and found this report.

http://www.beyondpesticides.org/asse...onsemarkey.pdf

Notice the dates and the FDA has sat on this for how long?

Last edited by baboshka1; 08-09-2016 at 06:53 PM.
baboshka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:50 PM   #2
Cryptoverse

I've always been against using anti-bacterial soaps. I'm happy I was right to avoid them for over a decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboshka1 View Post
One of the chemicales that caught my eye is Fluorosalan as I think anything now that starts of with FLOUR is dodgy and should be avoided.
Omnisense Electronic Press Kit
Cryptoverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:16 PM   #3
hister67

Quote:
Triclosan, similar in its uses and mechanism of action to triclocarban, is an antibacterial and antifungal agent found in consumer products, including toothpaste, soaps, detergents, toys, and surgical cleaning treatments. Its efficacy as an antimicrobial agent, the risk of bacterial resistance, and its possible role in disrupted hormonal development remain controversial. Additional research seeks to understand its potential effects on organisms and environmental health
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triclosan

Can anyone tell me what the bit of sentence I bolded above actually means?

Ta

1. Those who make things happen. 2. Those who watch things happen, and 3. Those who wonder what happened.
hister67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:18 PM   #4
cosmicpurpose1.618

Quote:
Why Did the FDA Recently Ban 19 Chemicals Found in Antibacterial Soaps?

I became weary of hand washes as I noticed after I used them my skin felt tacky, I thought would this not encourage germs more and to stick to your skin like glue so I stopped using them and now the above article comes out

One of the chemicales that caught my eye is Fluorosalan as I think anything now that starts of with FLUOR is dodgy and should be avoided.

Anyways I went digging and found this report.

http://www.beyondpesticides.org/asse...onsemarkey.pdf

Notice the dates and the FDA has sat on this for how long?
Someone gave me some Avon face-cream as a gift but I never used it, because it smelled exactly like hair gel!

Not gona put that on my skin
cosmicpurpose1.618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:31 PM   #5
jupiter12

I have mixed views regarding this!

I don't trust companies like the FDA (& equivalents) or Monsanto.

I've worked in healthcare and hand hygiene with alcohol gel is a basic requirement.

MRSA & C Dif',, infections etc.. are a major problem in UK hospitals. Doctors have been blamed for spreading infections due to poor hand hygiene (even the ties they wear which can become bacteria laden).

I do agree, in most cases soap and water is adequate though.

edit .. if the NHS uses alcohol based hand anti-bacterial products why do other manufacturers add all the other toxic crap?

Last edited by jupiter12; 08-09-2016 at 08:37 PM.
jupiter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:45 PM   #6
peabrain
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter12 View Post
I have mixed views regarding this!

I don't trust companies like the FDA (& equivalents) or Monsanto.

I've worked in healthcare and hand hygiene with alcohol gel is a basic requirement.

MRSA & C Dif',, infections etc.. are a major problem in UK hospitals. Doctors have been blamed for spreading infections due to poor hand hygiene (even the ties they wear which can become bacteria laden).

I do agree, in most cases soap and water is adequate though.
There's a tequnique for hand washing used by surgeons, one that I used as a student nurse. I'm still particular when it comes to washing my hands, especially if I've been out shopping, soon as I get home I wash.
Ordinary behaviour I suppose.
I can't use anti bacterial soaps as they bring me out in hives.
peabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:49 PM   #7
hister67

"and its possible role in disrupted hormonal development"

What does this entail exactly?

1. Those who make things happen. 2. Those who watch things happen, and 3. Those who wonder what happened.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:54 PM   #8
jupiter12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hister67 View Post
"and its possible role in disrupted hormonal development"

What does this entail exactly?
A very good question hister!

''disrupted hormonal development'' ,, WTF!

Last edited by jupiter12; 08-09-2016 at 09:09 PM.
jupiter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 11:54 PM   #9
tesla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter12 View Post
A very good question hister!

''disrupted hormonal development'' ,, WTF!

gender bending
Old 09-09-2016, 12:08 AM   #10
baboshka1
Inactive

was Fluorosalan not in the plastic of babies bottles? in the usa and banned because of hormonal distruption?

Last edited by baboshka1; 09-09-2016 at 12:12 AM.
Old 09-09-2016, 12:24 AM   #11
hister67

That's why I use sand paper to wash my hands.......rough I know...but you can get finer if you shop around

Old 09-09-2016, 01:53 AM   #12
the tealady
Forum Advisor

Quote:

Ta
Endocrine disruptors affect the function of glands. It can lead to lowered sperm count, damage to breast tissue, salivary glands, pancreas etc. Anything that produces a hormone or glandular product may be disabled or destroyed. It how glyphosate works. Its a powerful endocrine disruptor.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:57 AM   #13
hister67

Quote:
Originally Posted by the tealady View Post
Endocrine disruptors affect the function of glands. It can lead to lowered sperm count, damage to breast tissue, salivary glands, pancreas etc. Anything that produces a hormone or glandular product may be disabled or destroyed. It how glyphosate works. Its a powerful endocrine disruptor.
Thanks....I'm gonna look a little more deeply into this

Old 09-09-2016, 12:57 PM   #14
baboshka1
Inactive

get rid of plastic handles and replace with coppers ones like they where before. Copper helps reduce the spread of germs, germs do not stick to it like glue as these hand washes do.

Hand washes been out for a good few years and yet the infection rate has not gone down. This tells you the hand washes are not working and are part of the problem. Hand washes do not clean dirty nails and I have seen doctors with black dirty finger nails and then treat people, one doc said to me oh look at my nails I need to clean them but she did not.
Now I would refuse for her to treat me till she cleans her hands.

Last edited by baboshka1; 09-09-2016 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:12 PM   #15
Dude111

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnisense
I've always been against using anti-bacterial soaps. I'm happy I was right to avoid them for over a decade.
I dont like them either......It takes the protective layer away!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:19 PM   #16
peabrain
Inactive

Quote:
get rid of plastic handles and replace with coppers ones like they where before. Copper helps reduce the spread of germs, germs do not stick to it like glue as these hand washes do.

Hand washes been out for a good few years and yet the infection rate has not gone down. This tells you the hand washes are not working and are part of the problem. Hand washes do not clean dirty nails and I have seen doctors with black dirty finger nails and then treat people, one doc said to me oh look at my nails I need to clean them but she did not.
Now I would refuse for her to treat me till she cleans her hands.
That's not good at all, there's more harmful bacteria under nails than under a toilet rim. Bet she has a show house.

That's why proper handwashing is so important and should be encouraged at an early age.

Sorry banging on a bit here but imo the nursing training became more theory than practise over the last 20 odd years and basic nursing care wasn't taught at base level , hands on practise.

As a result , student nurses didn't connect with the patients in the same way, even something as simple as physically taking someones temp, blood pressure and breathing rate was replaced by a machine. Hand washing slipped down the list as did the rules for cross infection, privitising contract cleaners was really detrimental as well.
peabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:08 AM   #17
dumbcritic

Quote:

Ta
Certain chemicals at certain doses can interfere with the hormone systems in us.

If you were unlucky enough to be a male or female lab rat given this (triclosan) at much higher doses than you would be exposed to in the wild then certain things such as increased uterine weight or altered serum thyroid hormone and testosterone concentrations would happen to you.
''Chlorine is a deadly poison gas employed on European battlefields in World War I. Sodium is a corrosive metal which burns upon contact with water. Together they make a placid and unpoisonous material, table salt. Why each of these substances has the properties it does is a subject called chemistry'' - Carl Sagan

Why is it that the loudest critics of ''Big Pharma'' are Big Placebo?
dumbcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 04:24 AM   #18
motleyhoo

Hand sanitizers while they seem like a good idea, are themselves creating the problem. The germs you're trying to kill and wash off eventually evolve to become immune to the chemicals in the sanitizer. This is where MRSA, etc. is coming from. It's not coming from people not washing their hands.

It's just like using pesticides in your garden. Eventually they don't work anymore because the bugs evolve to become immune to it.

It's just like the super weeds that have evolved to become immune to Glyphosate.

"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it ... It is not a field of a few acres of ground, but a cause, that we are defending, and whether we defeat the enemy in one battle, or by degrees, the consequences will be the same." -- Thomas Paine
motleyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 05:20 AM   #19
decim

Anti bacterial liquid soaps brought me out in ringworm like blotches all over my body, accompanied by a constant smell of 'diesel fumes' in my nostrils.

Fk knows what it was doing internally.
DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional, for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of organisation entity living, dead or in any other state of existence are coincidental. Any opinion, comment or statements related or attributed to this username are not necessarily nor implied to be those held by the ip/computer/username or other electronic media device or service owner/user.
decim is offline   Reply With Quote