Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Global Awakening

Old 08-06-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
rokazulu
Inactive

Default How many have told your friends?

I am curious, how many people here are more than just lurkers and have been very open about the awakening, conspiracies, or even other parts of seldom talked about reality, to their friends or family?

Personally, I have not. It is such a hard topic to bring up because it would sound so crazy. Plus, I don't like to pretend I know "secret" information that NO ONE ELSE KNOWS and don't want to be all controversial about it. However, I do hint about corporation abuses and the lost of rights every chance I get.. but people these days don't care about any of that. They just like to talk about their TV shows, music, sports and whatever small talk to keep them busy.

I find it really hard to just talk about small things like that sometimes when SO MUCH is going on in our world today. But, ignorance is bliss as they say.. and many spiritual teachers have shown.. there is no reason to worry about anything so when they talk about trivial things.. it really doesn't matter either way.

How have you guys handled this wide range of knowledge in your own daily lives?
rokazulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #2
peabrain
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokazulu View Post
I am curious, how many people here are more than just lurkers and have been very open about the awakening, conspiracies, or even other parts of seldom talked about reality, to their friends or family?

Personally, I have not. It is such a hard topic to bring up because it would sound so crazy. Plus, I don't like to pretend I know "secret" information that NO ONE ELSE KNOWS and don't want to be all controversial about it. However, I do hint about corporation abuses and the lost of rights every chance I get.. but people these days don't care about any of that. They just like to talk about their TV shows, music, sports and whatever small talk to keep them busy.

I find it really hard to just talk about small things like that sometimes when SO MUCH is going on in our world today. But, ignorance is bliss as they say.. and many spiritual teachers have shown.. there is no reason to worry about anything so when they talk about trivial things.. it really doesn't matter either way.

By just being true to myself, I've found that people who don't want to discuss anything other than trivial things are possibly not ready to take on board a reality that could possibly be to mind blowing for them to deal with.

There is a lot of confusion in the world right now and the common man is overwhelmed by the changes that he abhors and yet can do nothing about.
However I wouldn't underestimate the power of the people in that most of us just want to live peaceful lives and will hopefully one day unite for the benefit of the planet.
peabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:15 PM   #3
spoondr

I have explained to two of my closest friends that my lifestyle and beliefs have changed. One of them (female) has become interested in what I have to say about the nature of reality and agrees that a lot of what I say makes sense. The other friend (male) ignores me whenever I say anything important and tells me I'm an idiot for believing every thing I read on the internet (which is simply not true). Its frustrating that I'm losing a life long friend, but hes an academic going through school to be a politician (I would never elect this person to make decisions on my behalf). I've given up on talking to him about anything meaningful, its pretty hopeless.
Having a good friend to talk to about this kind of stuff is really nice to have. Feel it out first by dropping questions about believing in aliens or god or whats up with all the current wars and weather? Judging by their reaction you can probably figure out how open they are to alternative ideas.
spoondr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:23 PM   #4
truth01
Banned

I just tell the truth as it is, with confidence because i know i am right, knowing you are right gives you an extra edge to go further into sometimes friendly heated discussion and it does work eventually
truth01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:28 PM   #5
eternal_spirit
Inactive

Good way to lose friends actually. Even fellow truthers don't agree on many things and dislike one another.

You may have spent years telling people about the NWO or whatever. Hoping the more know the quicker the world will change for the better so we could all stand up to play a role in the change for betterment.

Unfortunately after many years one must conclude one has become immersed in a fringe group lonely past time.

Sorry if this sounds negative just telling it how it was/is for me..see I've been travelling this path for a very long time and found out the hard way.

Its as if there is a point of no return where you no longer fit in with people you once knew who participate in the mainstream society.

I think most people just want some happines and feel life is hard enough as it is so they really do not want to know about all the horrible stuff that is hidden from most.
eternal_spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:13 PM   #6
illuminatic

Quote:

I've mentioned the topic to a few friends and family, and for most it is beyond their level of comprehension. I myself am a bit skeptical, but I always try to keep and open mind to everything. it is hard to ignore all the massive changes going on around the world and in people's personal lives including my own. its been quite the historic year, so i remain intrigued.
illuminatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:18 PM   #7
saty

i have a friend who is a conspiracy theorist.I can talk to him about anything but even he doesn't believe in repies.I'll try to convince him tho.I think if you want to wake up someone you must use an illuminati weapon.The totalitarian tiptoe,if you go to far they will call you crazy.So gradually,step by step is the best way.Begin with fluoride,aspartame,chemtrails,gmo etc...

Last edited by saty; 09-06-2011 at 04:23 PM.
saty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #8
fredd

Its quite normal to loose friends when we discuss debatable topics and sometimes a normal discussion turns out into a "FIGHT". that's one of the reasons i don't talk too much and always try to speak when i think i really have something useful to share.
fredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:49 PM   #9
crisitunity

I was quite open about it, which rapidly led to the disbanding of my group of friends and my overall detachment from social activities in general.

Its certainly for the best, much better than the alternative of continuing a flase life oif shallow meaningless relationships.

I do wish there was a third option, though.

Edit: and yeah I didn't approach it as though I knew everything, I just tried to show them things to get them to think for themselves. The desperate lack of interest I observed was very disillusioning.

Last edited by crisitunity; 09-06-2011 at 06:51 PM.
crisitunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #10
crisitunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth01 View Post
I just tell the truth as it is, with confidence because i know i am right, knowing you are right gives you an extra edge to go further into sometimes friendly heated discussion and it does work eventually
How do you avoid becoming disgusted with the epic brainlessness most people subscribe to?

You must be wealthy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal_spirit View Post
Good way to lose friends actually. Even fellow truthers don't agree on many things and dislike one another.

You may have spent years telling people about the NWO or whatever. Hoping the more know the quicker the world will change for the better so we could all stand up to play a role in the change for betterment.

Unfortunately after many years one must conclude one has become immersed in a fringe group lonely past time.

Sorry if this sounds negative just telling it how it was/is for me..see I've been travelling this path for a very long time and found out the hard way.

Its as if there is a point of no return where you no longer fit in with people you once knew who participate in the mainstream society.

I think most people just want some happines and feel life is hard enough as it is so they really do not want to know about all the horrible stuff that is hidden from most.
Aye the clarity that comes with joining this fringe is certainly bewildering. It becomes mind boggling that people can't see whats going on, even though only a year ago you were just like them.

There has got to be way more of us today then there has been in the last couple thousand years though right?

There just has to be.

Last edited by crisitunity; 09-06-2011 at 06:59 PM.
crisitunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #11
rokazulu
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisitunity View Post
I was quite open about it, which rapidly led to the disbanding of my group of friends and my overall detachment from social activities in general.
I feel for you man. The relationships with my friends are pretty one-sided. We usually just talk about games and tv shows. It is still fun at times though, but I think they are very comfortable with their delusions. If I changed the way they perceived reality.... I do not think they would take it well or at the very least just ignore me and quickly change topics.

Quote:
Haha, well I do know inside me that I'm right, but that doesn't mean I know the truth. The truth is outside words alone and it is impossible for me to articulate it. Often times, I feel if I am just straight up a good guy to people, that everything will fall into place as it should and I won't have to worry about spreading "THE TRUTH" to people who have given up all hope in finding it a long time ago.
rokazulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:53 PM   #12
saty

rokazulu why not bring them to this forum?
they won't be interested in lady gaga,counter strike,world of warcraft,csi miami anymore etc...
Old 09-06-2011, 09:10 PM   #13
piskavac

Quote:
I didn't read whole thread except quoted part. I am open to talk to others about conspiracies. Once I did it in my willage; surounded with relatives and friends: One young women said to me empatheticaly, before everyone, on such way everyone could hear our discussion; - that I needed an psychologist or psychiatrist to ask for help, because i am preterm newborn (born in 7th month of pregnancy). She thought because I am preterm newborn my brain is damaged and i suffer from any form of paranoia or like that. I didn't said nothing about repies. Only about pharmaceutical, banksters petroleum industry and something little on 13 blodliners. Her main argument was, worldwide conspiracy is impossible, or at least almost impossible because man who is overwhelmed with will to rule above others, can't count on obedience among majority of such different of miriads of people. When I first learn on conspiracies I thought on the same way. And this thought still resist in my mind when it comes to conspiracy. And because she said I needed psychiatrist's or psychologist's help on emphatic way, and because of strengtheness which her argument on disobedience had; I lost discussion.

It isn't matter I lost discussion, but I lost credibility among some people i had confidence in. Besides i needed a long time to set up my credibility again with people who now don't believe I am mentaly ill. She came to my mother three or four time after that discussion, asked her seriously and caringly whether i asked medicinal help.

Hapily none of my narrow family member have not been believing I am (realy) mentally ill. Today I am still good with this young women; she partly corrected her thoughts on my mental health, but still doubts. I believe she is going to total change of her attitude because of last-year oil spill, alumina sludge in Hungary, our neighbouring country, and because of Japan Chernobyl-graded nuclear disaster after earthquake and tsunami.

Beyond that frame and determination he realy works for those who know
and comprehend better.
piskavac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #14
loveisthelaw

Quote:
any opportunity I can, to any person that will listen

wouldn't it be terrible to never in your life have had anything important enough to risk it all for.

Last edited by loveisthelaw; 09-06-2011 at 09:17 PM.
loveisthelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #15
druggalo

Exclamation re

we all hate you, and we think you're a stupid bytch!"

It's called tough love, you dumb slut.
druggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:55 PM   #16
anyhoo

Quote:

My awakening began with my fascination and study of the events of 9-11 and it was 9-11 that has allowed me to wake up. I have tried to make my friends and family both understand the results of my research about 9-11. I am going to keep on trying to make them see what I see. If we really are seeking the truth then I believe it is our obligation to help others we care about see the truths we see.

Yes, it does sound crazy to someone who has not done the research and made the connections we have made. I can relate to exactly what you are saying about people refusing to listen and not caring about the truth. Sheeple do that. Remember how you were before you became enlightened? Could you be blamed for not wanting to hear things that sounded totally alien to everything you believed? No, you could not and neither can they. I don't blame them for refusing to listen. Its the way they have been conditioned to believe. It took a lot of personal effort on your part to begin to wake up and realize, and it will take equal effort for these people. Some will never see it no matter what. Do what you can to help but don't drive yourself crazy with frustration because no one seems to listen or care to what is so important to you.

As a newly awakened, I am just learning how to handle it. My main advice to you is to keep your eyes open to the world around you and watch for the daily deceptions that you see happening in the MSM and other places. Once you are aware it gets easy to spot those things that other people have no clue why they are happening. Get smart and keep increasing your awareness. Keep connecting dots and follow those dots wherever they lead. Its a journey and who knows where it will lead?
anyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:23 PM   #17
white zombie
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyhoo View Post
My awakening began with my fascination and study of the events of 9-11
Ditto. 911 played a big role in encouraging me to keep track of the movers and shakers.

After years of patiently waiting for opportunities to speak with friends, family and associates it has paid off.

Unfortunately apathy has been the biggest enemy to date.
white zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #18
swavgav

hi i was brought up in a tough houseing scheme in glasgow and i began awakening about 2007 so it was hard for me to talk to anyone but now everyone knows what am all about and iif they dont like it thats there problem
swavgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:00 PM   #19
bemore

Been there.....done that.

Its funny but when you take all of the events and storys of manipulation out of the question (the symtpoms) what are you left with???

I mean everybody in the world knows it is an unfair, unjust place run my maniacs.......any person in the street would agree with you on that.

Yet still we do nothing...........
Old 12-06-2011, 01:19 PM   #20
the tealady
Forum Advisor

Yes, I speak to many people about things but I have learned (the hard way) to do it in instalments and to match the topic with the person. That is, for a person interested in finance etc I start with the fiat currency, inflation as stealth tax and the private ownership of reserve banks. For a health conscious person, its usually aspartame = wood alcohol and e-coli and that its been reclassified as a natural flavour. I have heaps of stuff here that I can quickly print off. I make sure its from a mainstream source, to begin with because most people are brainwashed to trust the big papers etc.

Once you have their confidence on the topic most relevant to them you can add other material. But slowly does it or they will back off with horror and it will be too overwhelming.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote