Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > New World Order / Global Government

Old 02-04-2018, 10:08 PM   #121
iamawaveofthesea

Theresa May to Ban Russian Sovereign Debt Sales in UK?
Stephen Lendman
2 days ago

by Stephen Lendman

Is this the next shoe to drop? Will the Trump administration follow suit, officials of both countries pressuring others to impose a similar ban?

Theresa May reportedly is considering a UK ban on Russian sovereign debt, escalated economic war if imposed, perhaps further illegal sanctions on Russian individuals and entities at the same time.

According to Harvard Society of Fellows research fellow Emile Simpson, “Russia can borrow in EU and US capital markets despite western sanctions and then can support the sanctioned Kremlin-linked banks and energy companies that can no longer do so.”

UK parliament’s foreign affairs select committee chairman Tom Tugendhat called for closing a loophole, letting Russian banks sell eurobonds to finance the country’s sovereign debt, saying:

“One of the ways that people are getting their money out of this country is by allowing Russian sovereign debt to be sold in the UK, and that debt to be used to reimburse Russians, in a way, to bring back their money onshore, in Moscow terms…We are…enabling those bond auctions, those debt auctions.”

Critics of the proposal say Russia will go elsewhere to sell its bonds, notably China.

A US Treasury study of the issue opposed sanctioning Russian debt, fearing a negative effect on financial markets.

Last December, Russia’s Finance Minister Anton Siluanov said talks with China were held on selling yuan bonds worth $1 billion in 2018, perhaps the first offering of more to come.

Deputy Finance Minister Vladimir Kolychev said Beijing expressed interest in the idea.

Separately, Russian Direct Investment Fund head Dirill Dmitriev explained Vladimir Putin supported the idea of creating an investment vehicle in yuan.

A Sino/Russia investment fund already made 19 investments, thing going smoothly.

Last July, the Russian Direct Investment Fund and China Development Bank established a joint 68 billion yuan ($10 billion) investment fund as part of Beijing’s “One Belt, One Road” initiative.

Both countries may also cooperate in establishing payment systems, linking Russia’s system with China’s.

Moscow’s over dependence on the West harms its political and economic security.

Paul Craig Roberts earlier explained “by accepting foreign capital and exposing the ruble to currency speculation, Washington made sure that the US could destabalize Russia with capital outflows and assaults on the ruble’s exchange value,” adding:

“Only a government unfamiliar with the neoconservative aim of US world hegemony would have exposed its economic system to such foreign manipulation.”

PCR’s current advice: “…Russia should turn her back, but not her eyes, on the West, stop responding to false charges, evict all Western embassies and every other kind of presence including Western investment, and focus on relations with China and the East.”

Moscow should have followed this advice years ago - instead of letting the country be entrapped in a US-led Western financial straightjacket, the sooner freed from it the better for its economy and security.

Foolishly believing East/West normalization is possible one day is a strategy of reckless economic, financial and political endangerment.

Washington, Britain and their imperial allies are sworn enemies of Moscow. Mass expulsions of Russian diplomats alone prove it.

Nothing suggests a positive change in Western policy ahead, things likely to worsen, not improve.

It bears repeating what’s important to stress. Russia’s future is East, not West.

VISIT MY NEW WEB SITE: stephenlendman.org (Home - Stephen Lendman). Contact at [email protected].

My newest book as editor and contributor is titled "Flashpoint in Ukraine: How the US Drive for Hegemony Risks WW III."

http://www.claritypress.com/LendmanIII.html
Old 11-04-2018, 08:55 PM   #122
iamawaveofthesea

China & Russia Make Their Move, Slowly Shifting The Global Economy
April 10, 2018 by IWB

The millennial generation is debt ridden. They have no savings, many have poor jobs and high credit card bills, they have placed life events on pause. Chapter 11 bankruptcies have increased by 63% during this incredible recovery. Manhattan home sales plunge, retail implodes, commercial real estate and residential real estate all implode. The Chinese government has halted the purchase of Treasuries. Russia, Turkey and Iran move to use their currencies instead of the dollar.
http://www.investmentwatchblog.com/c...lobal-economy/
Old 12-04-2018, 05:07 PM   #123
iamawaveofthesea

Russia & China gradually ditching US dollar in favor of domestic currencies as trade booms
Published time: 12 Apr, 2018 13:38
Edited time: 12 Apr, 2018 14:48

Moscow and Beijing have been cutting the share of the US dollar in bilateral settlements, as trade between the countries rapidly grows.

China is Russia’s largest trading partner, accounting for 15 percent of Russian international trade last year. In January 2018, it grew to 17.2 percent. Germany, which holds second place among Russia’s trade partners, has a share of about eight percent.

Last year, bilateral trade between Russia and China increased by 31.5 percent, reaching $87 billion. This year, it is expected to reach $100 billion, the Russian Economic Development Ministry told RT.

As trade grows, Russia and China are also promoting settlements in ruble and yuan, bypassing the US dollar and other Western currencies. “It makes it possible to reduce the dependence on the influence of third countries,” the Russian Central Bank told RT.

According to the Russian regulator, both Russian and Chinese companies are willing to pay in ruble and renminbi, and this can be proven by real numbers. Last year, nine percent of payments for supplies from Russia to China were made in rubles; Russian companies paid 15 percent of Chinese imports in the renminbi. Just three years ago, the numbers were two and nine percent, respectively.

Direct payments in the ruble-yuan pair do not imply the participation of American, British, or EU banks. This significantly reduces the control of the West from ongoing transactions, and makes the trade turnover between Russia and China independent. Moreover, such payments can be made without SWIFT through the China International Payments System (CIPS).
https://www.rt.com/business/423930-r...-dollar-trade/
Old 16-04-2018, 07:46 PM   #124
iamawaveofthesea

“They Know What’s Going To Happen” Governments And Big Banks Are Stockpiling Gold Ahead Of Massive Economic Collapse
Mac Slavo
April 15th, 2018
SHTFplan.com

The writing is on the wall and major financial institutions across the world are warning about the economic disaster to come. Unabated money printing, tariff trade wars, rising interest rates and retail slowdowns point to one result, and it’s going to be brutal. Big banks and governments know what’s coming and they are preparing for this eventuality by stockpiling huge amounts of “real money” ahead of the crisis.

According to Keith Neumeyer, the CEO of the world’s top primary silver producer First Majestic Silver and chairman of First Mining Gold, the cartels he’s previously reported to the CFTC have continued to manipulate the prices of precious metals while loading up their own vaults with gold and silver. The answer to why they’re doing it is simple, as Neumeyer highlights in a recent interview with SGT Report:

The verdict is still out on whether we’re going into a dis-inflationary or inflationary environment… gold can do well in both environments… the fact of the matter is governments are printing extraordinary amounts of fiat currencies and that is not going to change…

The stage is set for higher gold prices due to the amount of money being printed… I am of the belief a major reset is coming where the governments of the world will need to get rid of their debt by fixing everything to the price of gold… and that’s why governments like China and Russia and other governments around the world are accumulating gold… it’s because they know what’s going to happen over the next several years…
http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-new...lapse_04152018
Old 25-04-2018, 06:15 PM   #125
iamawaveofthesea

Russia Buys 300,000 Ounces Of Gold In March – Nears 2,000 Tons In Gold Reserves
24, April

– Russia buys 300,000 ounces of gold in March and nears 2,000t in gold reserves
– Russia now holds just over 1,861 tonnes, more than officially reported by China at 1,842t
– Both Russia and China have the power to destabilise US dollar by dumping dollar-denominated assets
– Turkey has removed all gold held in the U.S. opting for Bank of England and BIS
– Turkey follows trend set by both Germany, Netherlands and others to remove gold reserves stored in the United States
– Central bank decisions regarding gold reserves are examples of countries becoming nervous about the outlook for the dollar under the Trump administration
https://news.goldcore.com/ie/gold-bl...currency-wars/
Old 30-04-2018, 08:23 PM   #126
iamawaveofthesea

Iran drops the dollar. Others tried and were bombed. 'It's all about the banking,' says Lee Camp
Published time: 30 Apr, 2018 04:08
Edited time: 30 Apr, 2018 08:32

Iran recently announced it is dropping the US dollar in foreign trade. Just as Iraq did shortly before it was invaded by the US, or Libya planned to before it was bombed by NATO-led allies. Lee Camp is starting to see a pattern.

The US is gearing up to abandon the Iran nuclear deal, which has all but killed Tehran's nuclear program in exchange for sanctions relief, because it's not restrictive enough. With Iran already saying it won't accept more demands or more sanctions, it's anyone's guess what kind of chain reaction might ensue.

Comedian Lee Camp's guess is pretty grim. He notices how Iran recently ditched the dollar in favor of the euro – something Iraq also did 18 years ago, a couple years before the US invaded it under the phony pretext of weapons of mass destruction. Libya wanted to do the same, although its leader Muammar Gaddafi wanted to establish its own currency, the gold dinar – but in 2011, NATO warplanes bombed his country to support an uprising against him. Almost immediately, the rebels formed their own central bank and were given leave by the US and the UN to legally sell oil from the land they controlled.

On his show Redacted Tonight, Lee deconstructs these parallels and more, because "It's all about the banking!"

https://www.rt.com/news/425497-iran-...ampaign=chrome
Old 15-05-2018, 09:42 PM   #127
iamawaveofthesea

Honest Government Ad | Trickledown Economics