Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 02-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
manamichan

Default Buying Gold or Silver

I keep hearing about economic collapse and am wondering if it might be worth it to invest in silver or gold. My friends think this sounds crazy and that I should invest in stocks.

I was wondering what the pros and cons would be. I have been researching how to buy either online or from a dealer; I'm finding it a bit intimidating.
manamichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #2
hovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by manamichan View Post
I keep hearing about economic collapse and am wondering if it might be worth it to invest in silver or gold. My friends think this sounds crazy and that I should invest in stocks.

I was wondering what the pros and cons would be. I have been researching how to buy either online or from a dealer; I'm finding it a bit intimidating.
Better to store food and have some to barter, you cant eat gold.
hovy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #3
grandmasterp
Banned

Gold may have temporarily peaked so you could paying top dollar.
Stock Markets are booming right now and that generally tends to depress precious metal values so maybe not a good time to buy as the gold you buy next week might be worth a bit less than you paid for it the week after.
Long term though gold n guns are good investments.

Last edited by grandmasterp; 02-02-2013 at 04:30 PM.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
dan duchaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovy View Post
Better to store food and have some to barter, you cant eat gold.
But i would be happy to sell some of my food for gold, so it does help you eat.
dan duchaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #5
jp77

Property and land always have had and always will have value.
jp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #6
wez004

Quote:

Why are you posting this in today's news?

You might want to check out this thread.

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42685
wez004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #7
chuchichastli

The aristos on top of the food chain have been encouraging the buying of gold for several years to push the prices up a) because they already have most of it; and b) so people are already pre-conditioned to opt for gold as a default currency when the current system collapses, thus maintaining their financial advantage.

If we buy into gold, bear in mind that what we have will still be miniscule compared to what they have, and the situation will be basically the same as it was before.

Just my opinion but the best investment for me is in learning useful skills and crafts which can be traded as long as you live and function, and cannot be taxed from you or devalued or taken out of circulation.
chuchichastli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #8
chuchichastli

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp77 View Post
Property and land always have had and always will have value.
For me, the problem with property and land is that they only belong to you as long as there is a system that backs up the piece of paper which says the land/property belongs to you.

If the system collapses, your legal right to property is far less likely to be recognised or enforced.
chuchichastli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #9
grandmasterp
Banned

They aren't making any more land so it is a good investment and WTSHTF a defensible property will be worth more than gold.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #10
h2pogo
Inactive

There is a great thread here packed with sound advice..

I would do your own due dillegence though and make your own mind up...Once you understand what money is and how the monetary system works its a no brainer..

Btw I always been 50/50 gold/silver but if i had any fiat to dump wold go for more the silver than gold right now.

Edit..Deff..Make sure you buy physical.

Last edited by h2pogo; 02-02-2013 at 05:39 PM.
h2pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #11
sueperb
Inactive

You won't make money by saving it in the bank, you would have to consider all your options, the risks, future possibilities, timing as well as needing a bit of luck whilst also taking into consideration your age/status and how much/long you are investing for.
sueperb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #12
hovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan duchaine View Post
But i would be happy to sell some of my food for gold, so it does help you eat.
Appreciate what you say, my trouble is telling real gold from fools gold I wouldn't have a clue.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #13
hister67

Quote:
Originally Posted by wez004 View Post
Why are you posting this in today's news?

You might want to check out this thread.

Has this thread been moved here from todays news then?

1. Those who make things happen. 2. Those who watch things happen, and 3. Those who wonder what happened.
hister67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #14
furling

Arrow Gold and silver are worthless

Quote:
I keep hearing about economic collapse and am wondering if it might be worth it to invest in silver or gold.
No! Don't waste your time or your fake money, buying gold or sliver. Gold and silver is totally worthless, materialistic metal.

Buying gold or silver when or if, an economic collapse happens, will not help you survive.

Gold and silver is only worth what people thinks it is, so it has no value. Don't bother with stock market shares either. It all serves to prop up the bankers and the fiat monetary system.

The sooner we get rid of money the better the world will be. No need for it, as it just increases greed and makes a few people powerfull.
Technology will eventually, be used to enslave the human race. Time to wake up.
The UK voted to leave the corrupt, undemocratic EU. Get on with starting article 50!

Last edited by furling; 02-02-2013 at 11:03 PM.
furling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:26 PM   #15
hovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by furling View Post
No! Don't waste your time or your fake money, buying gold or sliver. Gold and silver is totally worthless, materialistic metal.

Buying gold or silver when or if, an economic collapse happens, will not help you survive.

Gold and silver is only worth what people thinks it is, so it has no value. Don't bother with stock market shares either. It all serves to prop up the bankers and the fiat monetary system.

The sooner we get rid of money the better the world will be. No need for it, as it just increases greed and makes a few people powerfull.
Good post, my point and better explained, the wide boys will have gold and silver in reserve expecting to survive by trading in what would be in my opinion a valueless exchange for life supporting basics such as food,shelter and heat, those that put trust in buying themselves out of a crisis come breakdown of order and food shortage, wake up, basics is the way through, not clinging to metals to survive.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:26 PM   #16
kalliades

Pros:
gold has kept value though many thousands of years
its small and can be hidden
it is hard to confiscate, seize, freeze, or have a compulsory purchase order for it
it is portable and can be moved across borders and barriers
no capital gains tax on certain coins (as if you care after TSHTF lol)
it won't spoil, rot, burn up, disintegrate when wet, have animals and insects get into it, etc.etc.

Cons:
you can't eat it
you can conduct small trades with silver but it will take up lots of storage space
you can stock quite a large value in a few gold coins but its hard to conduct small trades with
if kept at home you may get burgled and have it stolen
bullion vaults, banks, third party storage services etc. are vulnerable to government seizures
value can go up or down dramatically in the short term (eg, 1980)

Last edited by kalliades; 02-02-2013 at 11:27 PM.
kalliades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:32 PM   #17
fairyprincess

Two questions...

How does someone go about buying gold/silver?

What's the smallest amount of gold/silver you can buy, and what's the average
Going rate price wise?
"if you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you." (Jesus Christ, gospel of thomas.)

Love is natural, Hate is taught....
fairyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:43 PM   #18
hovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairyprincess View Post
Two questions...

Going rate price wise?
Do you know what is pure, would you trust a dealer out to make a profit, the gold and silver market is controlled by big shits, a cabbage is worth more than an ounce of gold in hard times.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:46 PM   #19
kalliades

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairyprincess View Post
Two questions...

Going rate price wise?
The smallest amount is theoretically the smallest piece of jewelry that is for sale, I suppose. For bullion you can get fractions of an ounce worth as little as 30-40 GBP. For coins you can get sovereigns, half sovereigns, Krugerrand, Canadian maple leaf etc. Sov and Britannia coins do not have CGT in the uk. Everything has a different price based on the spot price of gold + the premium the dealer charges + numismatic value for coins, jewelry value with stones in it and so on.

Gold sells on online market place sites like ebay and that, bullion dealers like Chards, jewelry shops obviously are on every high st.

You can also buy a share of gold in third party stocks that are kept offshore or in Swizerland, like goldmoney.com, bullionvault.com, up to you whether to trust the stocks to actually still be there when TSHTF though.
kalliades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:49 PM   #20
eggs of satan
Inactive

if there is a collapse i am assuming you have a situation like a zombie apocolyspe or mad max where people are running rampant stealing, raping and killing.

in which case guns and food are more important. you can have all hte gold you want but you are going to have to defend your shit without a systme. the same goes with land. yes you might own it but once the system goes you can bet there will be thugs out there taking your shit.
eggs of satan is offline   Reply With Quote