Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Electronic Harassment / Mind Control / Subliminal Programing > The Nature of Matrix Religions and what they mean.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2016, 11:41 AM   #41
uglytruth
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,333
Likes: 360 (210 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairyprincess View Post
Ignorance and religion is often the same thing....
Ignorance means that you don't know.
Religion means that you might know.
uglytruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 01:04 PM   #42
muhammad bear
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4,343
Likes: 494 (347 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglytruth View Post
You're avoiding the issue. If you think that it could have been said in a simpler way, then why can't you do that yourself (assuming you're not the same type of poster as greatestiam)?
The onus is not on me to explain your posts or strained thought processes.

As if somehow, no matter how ridiculous the concept, if I can't explain it either it is a victory for your argument (or lack thereof).
muhammad bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 02:40 PM   #43
grandmasterp
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The SkegVegas Coast
Posts: 31,797
Likes: 2,580 (1,693 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglytruth View Post
Ignorance means that you don't know.
Religion means that you might know.
Religion means dogma.
To follow a particular religion you need to learn and follow its dogma.
That's all you are allowed to 'know' about that religion in order to be a member thereof.
Try bringing in something that contradicts the religion's dogma and you'll likely get excommunicated from it - or worse with certain religions.

Last edited by grandmasterp; 13-05-2016 at 02:40 PM.
Likes: (1)
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 03:16 PM   #44
muhammad bear
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4,343
Likes: 494 (347 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglytruth View Post
Ignorance means that you don't know.
Religion means that you might know.
Implicit in saying you 'might know' there is uncertainty.

Uncertainty leads one to the unmistakable conclusion that there is an element of guesswork involved.

In other words, you don't really know.
Likes: (1)
muhammad bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 05:40 PM   #45
neilbe
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Back on the island.
Posts: 4,419
Likes: 553 (371 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasterp View Post
Religion means dogma.
To follow a particular religion you need to learn and follow its dogma.
That's all you are allowed to 'know' about that religion in order to be a member thereof.
Try bringing in something that contradicts the religion's dogma and you'll likely get excommunicated from it - or worse with certain religions.
No, religion doesn't mean dogma, that's what they want you to think, but true religion is a personal experience.

Like Jesus, like Buddha.

Folk can guide you, but you have to walk that path..
neilbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 05:49 PM   #46
whatsinaname
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,294
Likes: 993 (496 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglytruth View Post
Ignorance means that you don't know.
Religion means that you might know.
Religion means you believe you know.
Likes: (1)
whatsinaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 06:34 PM   #47
derekbuttery
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Masonic, Canada
Posts: 5,390
Likes: 1,802 (1,146 Posts)
Default

CONFUSION???

the reason why there are so many religions is to confuse the goyim / sheep / slaves / food ???
__________________
PEDOPHOBE AND PROUD
derekbuttery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 06:47 PM   #48
majortom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: SomewhereInTime
Posts: 990
Likes: 252 (194 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbe View Post
No, religion doesn't mean dogma, that's what they want you to think
Dogma is a set of rules set down by people (believed to be from god), incorporated into religion - in the old days it had a purpose, today it gets exploited to control the feeble-minded - 10% of your income goes to the "lord". I`ll give or not give, as much I can to whom I want, when I want, to those I see (experience) who need it. 10% of your income goes to enriching the elite - why 10% in the first place ? Why ? Because it`s a human construct

Quote:
but true religion is a personal experience
Personal experience = "Spiritualism", for the want of a better word. Religion is not Spiritual - it`s a plastic mask, people who think they have the answer (aka god-inspired, lack of logic and common sense) and are therefore better than the rest, and will argue day-in and day-out to feed their god-complex

Quote:
Folk can guide you, but you have to walk that path..
And that is personal path, without religion or it`s dogmas



Most people into religion do it because of religious black mail impressed since youth. The fear of hell when they die - such religious practices border on "black magic" (for the want of a better word) - aka "indoctrination with fear" from youth

You have to forget all mommy and daddy taught you and find your own way ... mommy and daddy sometimes do damage without knowing it, and worse, when you`re young
Likes: (1)
majortom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 06:51 PM   #49
whatsinaname
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,294
Likes: 993 (496 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekbuttery View Post
CONFUSION???

the reason why there are so many religions is to confuse the goyim / sheep / slaves / food ???
Or simply because people don't agree with each other?
whatsinaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 07:20 PM   #50
fairyprincess
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The city at the edge of the world
Posts: 12,554
Likes: 2,459 (1,357 Posts)
Default

The standard defult answer in science is, "we just don't know". Scientist love not know, because it gives them something to investigate.

The problem is when certain religious quarters rushes in to fill the gap with their faith.
__________________
"if you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you." (Jesus Christ, gospel of thomas.)

Love is natural, Hate is taught....
fairyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 07:31 PM   #51
neilbe
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Back on the island.
Posts: 4,419
Likes: 553 (371 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by majortom View Post
Dogma is a set of rules set down by people (believed to be from god), incorporated into religion - in the old days it had a purpose, today it gets exploited to control the feeble-minded - 10% of your income goes to the "lord". I`ll give or not give, as much I can to whom I want, when I want, to those I see (experience) who need it. 10% of your income goes to enriching the elite - why 10% in the first place ? Why ? Because it`s a human construct

Personal experience = "Spiritualism", for the want of a better word. Religion is not Spiritual - it`s a plastic mask, people who think they have the answer (aka god-inspired, lack of logic and common sense) and are therefore better than the rest, and will argue day-in and day-out to feed their god-complex

And that is personal path, without religion or it`s dogmas



Most people into religion do it because of religious black mail impressed since youth. The fear of hell when they die - such religious practices border on "black magic" (for the want of a better word) - aka "indoctrination with fear" from youth

You have to forget all mommy and daddy taught you and find your own way ... mommy and daddy sometimes do damage without knowing it, and worse, when you`re young
Yes, dogma is a set of rules made-up by mankind. And yes it is there to control us, our thoughts and our actions....

But that has nothing to do with true Religion. True Religion only cares for the Truth....

Whatever that may be..
Likes: (1)
neilbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 07:51 PM   #52
majortom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: SomewhereInTime
Posts: 990
Likes: 252 (194 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbe View Post
But that has nothing to do with true Religion
Why need a religion for truth - seek it yourself. Why belong to a man-made religion ?


I understand the moral codes, but very few today that are connected to religion understand it. Why is it that some can do without religion and others cannot ? Not saying that you should live in arrogance, imo, arrogance is suicidal


Nature gives me all it`s rules, all I need do is observe - I don`t need man-made books. I admire early man, close to Nature, knowing how to survive, living in awe of Nature - we`ve become spoiled - maybe a electric grid collapse will change that
majortom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 08:32 PM   #53
neilbe
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Back on the island.
Posts: 4,419
Likes: 553 (371 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by majortom View Post
Why need a religion for truth - seek it yourself. Why belong to a man-made religion ?


I understand the moral codes, but very few today that are connected to religion understand it. Why is it that some can do without religion and others cannot ? Not saying that you should live in arrogance, imo, arrogance is suicidal


Nature gives me all it`s rules, all I need do is observe - I don`t need man-made books. I admire early man, close to Nature, knowing how to survive, living in awe of Nature - we`ve become spoiled - maybe a electric grid collapse will change that
Because Religion should be the true quest for God.

Religion is supposed to help everyone. Jesus was a more a socialist than a capitalist.. He was a rebel, he hated the corrupt way of life be because it was so unfair..

Buddha broke alot of the rules..

Last edited by neilbe; 13-05-2016 at 08:34 PM.
neilbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 08:52 PM   #54
majortom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: SomewhereInTime
Posts: 990
Likes: 252 (194 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbe View Post
Because Religion should be the true quest for God
Define religion. You`re not saying I cannot find "god" (again define) in my own way, right, that I should belong to a certain religion ?

Quote:
Jesus was a more a socialist than a capitalist.. He was a rebel, he hated the corrupt way of life be because it was so unfair..
Standing up to the bankers were cool - the advice on the Mount were suicidal though - you try to live by them and see how far you get; so maybe we should question these absurdities
majortom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 11:26 PM   #55
muhammad bear
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4,343
Likes: 494 (347 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairyprincess View Post
The standard defult answer in science is, "we just don't know". Scientist love not know, because it gives them something to investigate.

The problem is when certain religious quarters rushes in to fill the gap with their faith.
You give science way too much credit.

The vaults of museums around the world are filled with anomalies that contradict the dominant paradigm. Many a promising academic career has been ruined for not following mainstream orthodoxy.

Scientific materialism started around the time of the Renaissance. The Renaissance was all about the crushing of the age of Enlightenment.

I agree with you that there are certainly scientists who live up to that high standard. The institutions don't.

It is all to common these days to hear "the science is settled. Climate deniers should be locked up."

It doesn't sound like "I don't know" to me. It reeks of all the religious certainty of the Catholic Inquisition.
muhammad bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 11:30 PM   #56
muhammad bear
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4,343
Likes: 494 (347 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by majortom View Post
Define religion. You`re not saying I cannot find "god" (again define) in my own way, right, that I should belong to a certain religion ?

Standing up to the bankers were cool - the advice on the Mount were suicidal though - you try to live by them and see how far you get; so maybe we should question these absurdities
But what he was standing up to was not free market capitalism.

The Priests obviously condoned the trade. They allowed it go one inside their temple. What he was resisting was a Theocratically granted monopoly.

This would be more analogous to Fascism today - a form of Socialism.

If there were true competition the money changer could not have got away with charging so much.
muhammad bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 11:44 PM   #57
neilbe
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Back on the island.
Posts: 4,419
Likes: 553 (371 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by majortom View Post
Define religion. You`re not saying I cannot find "god" (again define) in my own way, right, that I should belong to a certain religion ?

Standing up to the bankers were cool - the advice on the Mount were suicidal though - you try to live by them and see how far you get; so maybe we should question these absurdities
I just did define Religion, the True Quest for God, for the True Nature of Reality.

Whatever that may be!

You can find God in any millions of ways, up to you.

But, "Love thy neighbour" up on the mount, is, has never, in my opinion ever been bettered. I cannot think of a better way to express my feelings for my fellow man than this.

"Love thy neighbour as thyself."

And

"Love thy God with all thy Heart..."

Just try it and see. See the difference. Know the difference. Then you won't have to take my word, or his word, or her word, or their word...

No, you will know for yourself..

Up to you!

It ain't rocket science.
neilbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 11:52 PM   #58
majortom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: SomewhereInTime
Posts: 990
Likes: 252 (194 Posts)
Default

Whatever he did there, it was good, not bad - I see the pharisees as the modern day bankers

Examining the sermon on the Mount - suicidal advice, that`s a different story, what was he thinking ? Metaphor or literal - suicidal. "Don`t worry about tomorrow, it will take care of itself", etc. Yeah right, the people on the street live by that rule, the others will never survive the first week. And the spiritual meaning - who gives a shit when you have no food - we live in the physical, not spiritual

Reminds me of a bible puncher I worked with years ago. Everyday he walked past me he had this verse he gave me, in greeting, or conversation, it was overwhelming. One day he came past me while I was eating at work and after a conversation (which he did not like, seeing I did not stand for his mom/dad/indoctrination) he told me "Man shall not live by bread alone" (because I did not over him some bread) - at that point I had enough - I called him back and said - Go eat your Bible
majortom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 11:54 PM   #59
muhammad bear
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4,343
Likes: 494 (347 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by majortom View Post
Reminds me of a bible puncher I worked with years ago. Everyday he walked past me he had this verse he gave me, in greeting, or conversation, it was overwhelming. One day he came past me while I was eating at work and after a conversation (which he did not like, seeing I did not stand for his mom/dad/indoctrination) he told me "Man shall not live by bread alone" (because I did not over him some bread) - at that point I had enough - I called him back and said - Go eat your Bible
When they knock on your door a good response is always:

"Don't you know better than to walk on to a porn set during a live shoot?"
muhammad bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 11:55 PM   #60
majortom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: SomewhereInTime
Posts: 990
Likes: 252 (194 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbe View Post
It ain't rocket science.
I love rocket science
majortom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:22 PM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.