Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Electronic Harassment / Mind Control / Subliminal Programing > The Nature of Matrix Religions and what they mean.

Old 04-05-2016, 02:17 PM   #1
oneriver

Default Gnosis- Boris Mouravieff

Just wondering if anyone has read Gnosis (Volumes I,II & III) by Boris Mouravieff?

I am reading Vol I at the moment and I'm interested if anyone has any views on the books and/or author.

Thanks

Quote:
Gnôsis - Volume I
The first stage, the exoteric cycle, (Gnosis I) "corresponds to primary esoteric teaching. As such, it aims at providing the student with an instrument of work. In a certain way it constitutes the A.B.C. of the Doctrine."
Online version of book here..
http://www.borismouravieff-gnosis.co...per&Itemid=786
“Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time?" That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains, everywhere and that the present only exists for it, not the shadow of the past nor the shadow of the future.” ? Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Y Gwir Erbyn Y Byd ("Truth Against the World") - Druidic Motto
oneriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 01:33 AM   #2
bard

Whatever is of any value in Mouravieff's work is taken right out of Ouspensky's writings, which themselves derive from Gurdjieff' teachings.

Mouravieff's claims that the real source of his teachings is the "Philokalia" - a manual for spiritual development used by Eastern Orthodox monks. This is not so, as you can convince yourself by finding a copy of the "Philokalia" online and reading it and then comparing it with Ouspensky's work.

In any case, the first volume is by far the best. Mouravieff makes good points here and there.
These books might be suitable for someone from Christian backrgound. Or so I thought, until I sent the first volume to a friend of mine, who is a devoted Christian. He refused to read the book because of the word "Gnosis" in its title. So much for that.
bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 09:06 AM   #3
oneriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bard View Post
Whatever is of any value in Mouravieff's work is taken right out of Ouspensky's writings, which themselves derive from Gurdjieff' teachings.

Mouravieff's claims that the real source of his teachings is the "Philokalia" - a manual for spiritual development used by Eastern Orthodox monks. This is not so, as you can convince yourself by finding a copy of the "Philokalia" online and reading it and then comparing it with Ouspensky's work.

In any case, the first volume is by far the best. Mouravieff makes good points here and there.
These books might be suitable for someone from Christian backrgound. Or so I thought, until I sent the first volume to a friend of mine, who is a devoted Christian. He refused to read the book because of the word "Gnosis" in its title. So much for that.
Interesting, thanks for the reply. I will seek out the Philokalia, is this ascetic teaching?

Mouravieff is most certainly a Gnostic Christian with a capital C. It's funny how the word Gnosis seems to be an automatic red-flag to most Christians, but I suppose that reaction has been hard-wired into their belief system.

Can I ask for reading recommendations in the Gnostic tradition? I am not familiar with Ouspensky at all, it's on the list though.
“Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time?" That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains, everywhere and that the present only exists for it, not the shadow of the past nor the shadow of the future.” ? Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Old 14-05-2016, 02:24 AM   #4
bard

You can find the Philokalia here:

http://www.holybooks.com/philokalia/

It is more than 1200 pages long.

Mouravieff's Gnosis is Knowledge of Oneself. People typically take themselves for granted.

If you want to read some of Ouspensky's work then read
"In Search of the Miraculous".
bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2016, 10:15 PM   #5
oneriver

I feel this will be a good meal, thanks for sharing bard.

First thing I read

Quote:

On Guarding the Intellect

1. There is among the passions an anger of the intellect, and this anger is in accordance with nature. Without anger a man cannot attain purity: he has to feel angry with all that is sown in him by the enemy. When Job felt this anger he reviled his enemies, calling them ‘dishonorable men of no repute, lacking everything good, whom I
would not consider fit to live with the dogs that guard my flocks’
(cf.Job 30:1, 4. LXX). He who wishes to acquire the anger that is in accordance with nature must uproot all self-will, until he establishes within himself the state natural to the intellect.

Last edited by oneriver; 14-05-2016 at 10:16 PM.
Old 14-05-2016, 11:04 PM   #6
oneriver

Reading the Philokalia makes me wonder how long I could last alone in one of these, physically, mentally and spiritually..

Old 07-06-2016, 08:30 PM   #7
oneriver

Anyone read Henry T Laurency?

Old 18-06-2016, 12:42 PM   #8
greatestiam

I have read Elaine Pagels and the Nag Hammadi papers and that is about it.

Apotheosis created the depth of anger and hate, as well as love, that I now have, and forced me out here more than into more reading.

Gnostic Christianity is a free thinking man's religion and introspective thought is good to gain Gnosis, but once gained, the real work starts and that work these days means trying to rid the world of the less moral traditions like Christianity and Islam.

It is not surprising that Constantine's church decimated, tried to irradiate us and burned our scriptures as soon as they could.

It was us or them. We were growing and freedom of choice and free thinking were not an option in Constantine's book.

Regards
DL
greatestiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2016, 09:46 PM   #9
oneriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatestiam View Post
I have read Elaine Pagels and the Nag Hammadi papers and that is about it.

Apotheosis created the depth of anger and hate, as well as love, that I now have, and forced me out here more than into more reading.

Gnostic Christianity is a free thinking man's religion and introspective thought is good to gain Gnosis, but once gained, the real work starts and that work these days means trying to rid the world of the less moral traditions like Christianity and Islam.

It is not surprising that Constantine's church decimated, tried to irradiate us and burned our scriptures as soon as they could.

It was us or them. We were growing and freedom of choice and free thinking were not an option in Constantine's book.

Regards
DL
Tell me about your 'apotheosis' please...and how it created such depth of anger and hate in you....these qualities seem antithetical to the word apotheosis...but maybe I am missing something?..

Quote:
apotheosis
əˌpɒθɪˈəʊsɪs/
noun
noun: apotheosis; plural noun: apotheoses

1.the highest point in the development of something; a culmination or climax.
"his appearance as Hamlet was the apotheosis of his career"
synonyms: culmination, climax, crowning moment, peak, pinnacle, summit, zenith, apex, acme, apogee, high point, highest point, height, high water mark
"his appearance as Hamlet was the apotheosis of his career"
antonyms: nadir
2. the elevation of someone to divine status.
"death spared Pompey the task of having to account for the apotheosis of Caesar"

Origin
late 16th century: via ecclesiastical Latin from Greek apotheōsis, from apotheoun ‘make a god of’, from apo ‘from’ + theos ‘god’.

Old 19-06-2016, 02:42 PM   #10
greatestiam

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneriver View Post
Tell me about your 'apotheosis' please...and how it created such depth of anger and hate in you....these qualities seem antithetical to the word apotheosis...but maybe I am missing something?..
I basically agree with the definition you posted except for the divine part.

At least not divine as most people translate of define it. There is nothing divine that has not been named so by a person.

It is a purely subjective term that cannot be taken and can only be given.

Your definition showed a reaching of the highest points. Those points include the high points of love and hate.

You might think of apotheosis as recognizing what should be loved and what should be hated in the larger world.

Many do not liker the idea of hating but for evil to grow, all good people need do is not hate it enough to fight it.

-----------

We likely all have our own way to reach apotheosis. I think we are built to seek it naturally. That is likely tied to Jung and Freud's Father Complex.

This old O.P. is what I use to suggest one path.

I am a Gnostic Christian, Our beliefs are not what Christianity says they are. We lost the God wars and they distorted our belief system. The lies have been known since the findings of our scriptures and myths at Nag Hammadi.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhl.html

Gnostic Christianity is a teaching system from Jesus but not the one the church ever dares to teach. It frees us from religion and that is of course not what religions want. They never want the student to graduate as they might lose revenue and people.

Here is a bit of history as well as a nutshell version of how that freedom is gained.

Gnostic Christians are perpetual seekers after God. God here I define as the best laws and rules to live life with.

We believe that those laws and rules, as Jesus said, are found in our minds/hearts. I use the following to try to illustrate this notion. A bit of history and then a mindset and method to do what I promote.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02...list=PLCBF574D

The thinking shown below is the Gnostic Christian’s goal as taught by Jesus but know that any belief can be internalized to activate your higher mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRN...layer_embedded

This method and mind set is how you become I am and brethren to Jesus, in the esoteric sense.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSVl_HOo8Y

When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, you will begin to know the only God you will ever find. Becoming a God is to become more fully human and a brethren to Jesus.

Regards
DL

Last edited by greatestiam; 19-06-2016 at 02:45 PM.
greatestiam is offline   Reply With Quote