Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 01-09-2016, 11:43 AM   #1
getagrip
Inactive

Default The Barter System

A barter system is an old method of exchange. This system has been used for centuries and long before money was invented. People exchanged services and goods for other services and goods in return.

Due to lack of money, bartering became popular in the 1930s during the Great Depression. It was used to obtain food and various other services. It was done through groups or between people who acted similar to banks. If any items were sold, the owner would receive credit and the buyer's account would be debited.

Within the system in which we live today money is god, but does it have to be that way?

Could a whole new system be founded on bartering? I live not far from the village of Todmorden where the locals plant veggies in communal spaces and are free for people to share. Small initiatives such as this is a good starting place I feel.
getagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:07 PM   #2
oz93666

Before I move out here , I lived in Glastonbury 1999-2006 and there was barter system set up , not for items, but for work ... you would sign up , and have to work first....perhaps you were a plumber , you went and did work for people , accumulated credit , and could then cash in, by for example getting a massage from someone , or some other service in return.....

But get this!!!.... it was set up and funded by a Rothschild .... they had an office on the high st , with a computer to record everything .

This Rothschild (I forget which one) even visited Glastonbury ... I tried to organize a protest for his visit ... but no one knew who the rothschilds were , or got it.

I'm not quite sure what they were up to , but you had to build up credit before you could ask for a service in return , so always the system (computer) held some of your wealth in labor .... you could also use cash to enter the system... so in reality the system held money from the members.

I would guess it's still operating.

Last edited by oz93666; 01-09-2016 at 12:13 PM.
oz93666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:14 PM   #3
paddy_blake

I would love that a barter system were in place. But the problem is with trust. And that's why the banking system has succeeded. People can't trust each other, and guess what, the banking system makes sure that continues.
paddy_blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:17 PM   #4
getagrip
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz93666 View Post
Before I move out here , I lived in Glastonbury 1999-2006 and there was barter system set up , not for items, but for work ... you would sign up , and have to work first....perhaps you were a plumber , you went and did work for people , accumulated credit , and could then cash in, by for example getting a massage from someone , or some other service in return.....

But get this!!!.... it was set up and funded by a Rothschild .... they had an office on the high st , with a computer to record everything .

This Rothschild (I forget which one) even visited Glastonbury ... I tried to organize a protest for his visit ... but no one knew who the rothschilds were , or got it.

I'm not quite sure what they were up to , but you had to build up credit before you could ask for a service in return , so always the system (computer) held some of your wealth in labor .... you could also use cash to enter the system... so in reality the system held money from the members.

Wow! that seems incredulous but I guess tptb would not like such a fair system in place. Maybe the old adage if you cant beat them, join them would come into play here?
It pisses me off to read that oz, sometimes I feel like we are banging our heads against a brick wall trying to fight against this corrupt system, other times I think fuck 'em and that's what keeps me going.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:18 PM   #5
oz93666

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy_blake View Post
I would love that a barter system were in place. But the problem is with trust. And that's why the banking system has succeeded. People can't trust each other, and guess what, the banking system makes sure that continues.
There's no trust needed in the barter system ... I've got too many eggs , you've grown too many carrots ... we swap.... that's barter ..

It's just clumsy and awkward!
Old 01-09-2016, 12:20 PM   #6
paddy_blake

Quote:
There's no trust needed in the barter system ... I've got too many eggs , you've grown too many carrots ... we swap.... that's barter ..

It's just clumsy and awkward!
Maybe in the naive hippy days. But people are a bit wiser. There are things such as exploitation, cults, sociopaths etc. They all started out as idealists.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:21 PM   #7
getagrip
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy_blake View Post
Trust would come in time, although you're always going to get someone in any society who will try to rip you off. Sometimes a leap of faith is needed and trust given in good faith, until proven otherwise. If a person was of a devious mind within such a system, they would not get far because people would eventually decline to deal with them.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:25 PM   #8
paddy_blake

Quote:
Originally Posted by getagrip View Post
Trust would come in time, although you're always going to get someone in any society who will try to rip you off. Sometimes a leap of faith is needed and trust given in good faith, until proven otherwise. If a person was of a devious mind within such a system, they would not get far because people would eventually decline to deal with them.
It's called Game Theory. Studies have been done in this area. These systems would work, but the problem is there are just the right number of sociopaths/psychopaths or selfish people so that these system don't work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_theory
Old 01-09-2016, 12:28 PM   #9
oz93666

Quote:
Wow! that seems incredulous but I guess tptb would not like such a fair system in place....
I guess the rothschilds were carrying out a small experiment... if their money system did break down and we went back to barter, how could they establish and control the a nnew set-up .

Glastonbury would be a good place to try it , many alternative types who are into that sort of thing , and it didn't effect benefits like dole money.

What was amazing was it was openly acknowledged a rothschild was setting it up ... He could do it in the open , without fear that people were awake to who he was ... many alternative, UFO type people , but understanding of Icke type material, was very lacking.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:32 PM   #10
oz93666

Why this talk of trust ????

It's just an exchange of items .... instead of getting cash for my eggs, I get carrots (or something else)

No trust needed!!!!
Old 01-09-2016, 12:33 PM   #11
paddy_blake

The Prisoner's Dilemma
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Lo2fgxWHw
Old 01-09-2016, 12:35 PM   #12
sevenhills

You would have to give me a lot of eggs when i fit your new kitchen though.....
sevenhills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:37 PM   #13
getagrip
Inactive

I wonder if this is one of the reasons behind communities being purposefully broken apart?

A barter system would work more efficiently within smaller communities where people know each other and the sociopaths/psychopaths would not be allowed to get a foothold.

I think I'm right in saying that if you receive benefits you cant do voluntary work or you have to declare it? I cant see any reasoning behind this other than stopping people from coming together, finding common purpose and helping each other out.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:39 PM   #14
paddy_blake

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenhills View Post
You would have to give me a lot of eggs when i fit your new kitchen though.....
I calculate 108,000 eggs, should do it.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:40 PM   #15
sevenhills

Small groups already do barter though...
This weekend my friend will be gettin 20 off paving slabs from me in return for cutting my high hedges with his long reach hedge cutters.....I dont have any of those
sevenhills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:41 PM   #16
paddy_blake

Quote:
I wonder if this is one of the reasons behind communities being purposefully broken apart?

A barter system would work more efficiently within smaller communities where people know each other and the sociopaths/psychopaths would not be allowed to get a foothold.

I think I'm right in saying that if you receive benefits you cant do voluntary work or you have to declare it? I cant see any reasoning behind this other than stopping people from coming together, finding common purpose and helping each other out.
Absolutely yes. In fact this is how humans functioned when we first evolved. We lived in small communities or villages. Sociopaths/Psychopaths would be 'knocked off' or expelled from the group.

It doesn't work in larger systems though. It never does, and that's why you get cults, heirarchies, exploitation, pyramid schemes, etc. Not until the problem of sociopaths/psychopaths and selfishness gets addressed wisely.

Peace.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:43 PM   #17
paddy_blake

Haven't been to one for a long time, but sundays there used to be car boot sales, or church Fetes. Those worked fine.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:46 PM   #18
getagrip
Inactive

Quote:
Why this talk of trust ????

It's just an exchange of items .... instead of getting cash for my eggs, I get carrots (or something else)

No trust needed!!!!
Within a face to face barter I agree, but if people were to use say the internet then there would be some who would try to take advantage. I know there are a few websites out there who use the barter system for getting jobs done, such as sevenhills having a new kitchen. I wonder how many scammers have managed to rip someone off.

Without sounding all league of gentlemen I still think the barter system would work best within local communities.

Where I used to live was a patch of common land and it was full of weeds, people had begun dumping crap on it. I knocked on doors in the neighbourhood and together we cleared up the place and people brought plants and trees from their own gardens and we transformed it into such a pretty place. No money needed, just a community spirit, it was such a nice vibe.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:56 PM   #19
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:

We had the Todd Team here who did a talk on sustainability and at the end I asked a couple very awkward questions.
One was had any land owners offered to donate land to locals after they had lost their sets aside bonds from government, when one such lady pricked up and all but slammed me for doing so.
Another group called Transition Towns gave a video lecture which was run by a local psychotherapist who I won't name names just yet, from the very off the onus of the mind control was global warming and sustainability. Right there and then did I know both groups were contaminated by the brothers money.
In the TT film was the big oil logos of Shell everywhere, so obvious it was, as as easy to spot as peeling an orange, however, at the end I was approached by said psychologist who had already been primed without prior introduction to who I was and what my ideas were, she obviously took note of my awkward questions at the TT lecture and sought me out, which is not hard in a small town like ours.
We also have other small groups like TRY and GFT or growing food together, all the members come across as concerned candidates but are actually passing on information on how people are coping in the new austere paradigm that the money is creating.

They all give me a cold reception whenever I try to put my trained observations across, but I am watching them closely and they know it.

Last edited by the apprentice; 01-09-2016 at 01:02 PM.
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 01:09 PM   #20
getagrip
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by the apprentice View Post
We had the Todd Team here who did a talk on sustainability and at the end I asked a couple very awkward questions.
One was had any land owners offered to donate land to locals after they had lost their sets aside bonds from government, when one such lady pricked up and all but slammed me for doing so.
Another group called Transition Towns gave a video lecture which was run by a local psychotherapist who I won't name names just yet, from the very off the onus of the mind control was global warming and sustainability. Right there and then did I know both groups were contaminated by the brothers money.
In the TT film was the big oil logos of Shell everywhere, so obvious it was, as as easy as peeling an orange, however, at the end I was approached by said psychologist who had already been primed without prior introduction to who I was and what my ideas were, she obviously took note of my awkward questions at the TT lecture and sought me out, which is not hard in a small town like ours.
We also have other small groups like TRY and GFT or growing food together, all the members come across as concerned candidates but are actually passing on information on how people are coping in the new austere paradigm that the money is creating.

They all give me a cold reception whenever I try to put my trained observations across, but I am watching them closely and they know it.
It really is a sad state of affairs when people cannot come together without having the attitude of what's in it for me. I think this mentality goes back to the Thatcher years, the damage that woman did is still very evident today. You do right in speaking up when you see injustice or devious motives. I was in Tod a few weeks ago and it may have just been my perception but things seem to have quietened down with regard to pushing the community spirit. We all need to break out of this systems mentality and have an attitude of, what can I personally do to help others? I don't think this is a one way street though, because once you do get into that mind set then things will come back to you in a positive way.

Last edited by getagrip; 01-09-2016 at 01:10 PM.