Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 29-02-2016, 04:01 PM   #1
visitors
Inactive

Default Eat your weeds & Free Food

Instead of paying money to cut back plants in public places, and use weedkillers on them, which of course is incredibly bad for the environment,

why don't councils (and their equivalents in non British places) leave them be, and then aside from the world being more healthy and nicer to be in, there'd be loads more free food available.

And that is just from leaving wild plants to grow. Imagine if they also planted herbs and fruit trees and bushes, nut trees, suitable crops (the kind you can just leave to self-seed and propagate themselves). How much better a world that would be.

They make me sick, they go on about trying to be green and doing things to improve this and that - then they go around razing the plants and trees, and pouring poisons all over them. The cost of which comes out of public money of course.
visitors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2016, 10:39 PM   #2
magritte

Quote:
Originally Posted by visitors View Post
Instead of paying money to cut back plants in public places, and use weedkillers on them, which of course is incredibly bad for the environment,

why don't councils (and their equivalents in non British places) leave them be, and then aside from the world being more healthy and nicer to be in, there'd be loads more free food available.

And that is just from leaving wild plants to grow. Imagine if they also planted herbs and fruit trees and bushes, nut trees, suitable crops (the kind you can just leave to self-seed and propagate themselves). How much better a world that would be.

They make me sick, they go on about trying to be green and doing things to improve this and that - then they go around razing the plants and trees, and pouring poisons all over them. The cost of which comes out of public money of course.
They would get complaints from people who watch gardeners world about there being weeds everywhere. Thats what some of my neighbours think of my garden. Also the average person does not know which plants to eat unless it comes from a shop. Without people eating them they can 'take over' until it slowly returns to forest.

It a social issue that goes back to the time when had to grow thier own food to survive. If you were rich people you didnt have to grow food and would effectively show off by maintaining a lawn and ornamental plants. It's now something people just perpetuate.

There are quite a few groups like transition towns and permaculture groups around the country that do things like planting edible food in public places so find one near you and start helping them!

Local councils don't like spending money on maintaining green/overgrown spaces when their budgets are being cut so will usually stump up some money if they know a group will take it over.

Last edited by magritte; 29-02-2016 at 10:40 PM.
magritte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2016, 10:45 PM   #3
sevenhills

Here is one example of people doing something positive, rather than whinging, and I think this one actually works....
https://www.incredible-edible-todmorden.co.uk/

I say it "works" cos near me are a couple of middle class, wannabe self sufficient groups who seem to be incapable of growing daisies.... you know the sort
sevenhills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:28 AM   #4
visitors
Inactive

Oh I've tried to participate in some groups that claim to be about growing food, if you mean that. 4 different ones in Glasgow - and ''btw'' in Glasgow the council are the total opposite to what you'd think, for example look at what they are doing to North Kelvin Meadow.

I've found that despite my success in proving great food can be grown without digging or weeding (one place I did that was at Lambhill Allotments), people just want to ignore it and keep using biocides, and keep messing it all up by not listening to a thing I tell them. I explained to them how the wild areas caused the crops grown near them to grow better. On my plot it was obvious the plants nearest to the wild areas were far more vigorous.
They don't listen. The council doesn't listen either. That area of Scotland is absolutely dire. I see people complain about Edinburgh on these forums - the east side is far more advanced in terms of organics and proper growing.

I've planted in at least 3 other places also - in each case, the conspiracy that I wrote about in my first post here would go out of its way to damage the wildlife, and my plants, as much as possible. This included things like putting scaffolding on top of my herb and wildflower garden in Woodlands, despite them having a meeting with the scaffolding company beforehand to ensure anything like that wouldn't happen.

In Glasgow, one of the few places in that area of Scotland that even has anything like 'community gardens', people who are involved with the gardens butcher the plants....plants that before anyone ''got involved'' were healthy and safe for so many years, they'd been there for ages and ages without bothering anyone, and without being bothered.
The councils go out of their way to damage what wild spaces are left.
They're hopeless. Even if they decided to be good instead of being evil - they'd not even bother learning it right. It's easy, I did it without any proper training at all. I have no money and I was able to access the info I needed, and also get the right tools and seeds and so forth. You do need a car though if you want to transport things like rock dust bags. They look for other people to tell them how to do everything. And even if you bother, they don't listen.

Also I have seen people online or in magazine write ups claim to be 'guerilla gardeners'...but they do the opposite. They ruin existing places nature has already reclaimed, and then re-plant in them. That isn't what the spirit of guerilla gardening is about at all. First it comes from growing things like weed, because it's illegal, outdoors in places it wouldn't be found. And then it developed into making empty plantless places beautiful again, by planting in them.

I've also foraged, very carefully and harming nature as little as possible. In Glasgow city I have found oyster mushrooms, jack o the hedge, wild garlic, wild plums (that tree was butchered - coincidentally after I found it and told someone about it, it had the best tasting plums ever, and I have had plums off loads of trees directly, in various countries), nettles, dandelions, lime leaves, goose grass, raspberries....things like that. Problem is, like I wrote - the council and others put biocides down, so you never know how much toxic biocide you are eating when you forage.
Glyco-attacking pesticides and weedkillers (like Roundup), like they often use, mess up genetics, they cause mutations. That can of course pass onto you if you ingest them.
Plus they cut everything back and damage the plants, so instead of there being an abundance of plants to choose from, there's not nearly enough. If everyone foraged there'd be nothing left within a week, rather than there being huge amounts of it everywhere like there ought to be.

I know what you mean about the TV shows also being responsible for making people think x y z.....remember though that show in particular, I never watched it but others in my family did, they used to have lots of organic stuff on there. Bob Flowerdew and Geoff Hamilton were very into natural growing. I was wondering about that some time ago, since the TV shows were good for promoting organics years ago, and now it seems they don't bother to anymore?

So anyway, I found nowhere safe to plant, and I am too poor to afford a house or grounds. I like doing things naturally, I don't like disturbing the plants, they ate sovereign beings too, and I can't find anyone anywhere else where they know how to do things right, or that have hearts and care about the plants as individuals. None of them care, they just see it as their right to use other species as they see fit.
There was a permaculture place too - however it was ruined by the conspiracy, since it was so much about turning the trees into woodchips.....I mean ffs, there's not nearly enough woodland to even consider doing that. Plus why would you want to? - as if you need to be taking away more of the Earth to make things that are already available in abundance at umpteen cheapo Pound stores, having already raped the planet to be made.
And they kept bees in evil ways too, and didn't care about the correct ways to keep them. They're an absolute nightmare. You help the Earth more by not getting involved with those kinds of things, by leaving nature alone.

Anyway, for whatever other reasons, some people who do think right can't get to be doing physical tasks - it's perfectly ok to point out what is wrong with the world and society, you don't have to contribute to society in order to point out how bad it is. Lots of people are forced to stop contributing anything at all precisely because of how bad things are.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:34 AM   #5
visitors
Inactive

The conspiracy can't stand how bad I make them look. They want it to seem like growing food is really difficult. Twice at my parents place I proved that supermarket bought potatoes can be sprouted and then planted for great crops. (I did this in Glasgow too, including with potatoes I found in the street. I still have some of them at my flat in poly bags 3 years later, and they are still healthy in the one of the best soils you'll ever smell and feel - if you grow without digging and weeding, the soil becomes the greatest too, all on its own). Know what they did - they strimmed them to death, twice. They'll puppet anyone to ruin things.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:42 AM   #6
eurosianguy
Quiz Champ

I eat a lot of wild growing stuff from around me area. I have found thyme, rosemary, wild lettuce, almonds, wild artichoke, garlic and onions, tons of figs, olives, grapes, mushrooms, curry plant, and I am sure I forgot a lot and even more I do not yet know about. ah yes lots of pomegranates.
I have also had some bean plants and corn I planted in a grape field where the grape plants had died but the water was still on. worked very well.
3. The One is All and the All are One
4. What you put out is what you get back
5. Everything changes, except the first 4 Laws
eurosianguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:51 AM   #7
visitors
Inactive

Oh yeah and see at those Allotments I had a plot at - they had a proper organics person when I first was there, that managed their learning center areas gardens. Then they got rid of them - because they were organic. Glasgow and that area is controlled by the satanist conspiracy to make everything as shit as possible. I'd say turn them into fertiliser, but they'd probably poison all the plants.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:10 PM   #8
cosmic tramp

Try this:

http://www.guerillagardening.org

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 01-03-2016 at 01:10 PM.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 03:23 PM   #9
visitors
Inactive

Yeah I know about that, I mentioned it above. The link must be old though, it goes to a place holder webpage (that's when someone doesn't renew their domain name, and it goes up for sale. Always renew your domain names, cause if you don't - they'll bump the prices of them way up, greedy capitalists making money off of literally a few keystrokes of work).
Old 01-03-2016, 03:38 PM   #10
supertzar

We eat salads with dandelion leaves and leeks we pick. Lots of apple trees and berries and grapes around here too.
supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:31 PM   #11
magritte

Quote:
Bob Flowerdew and Geoff Hamilton were very into natural growing. I was wondering about that some time ago, since the TV shows were good for promoting organics years ago, and now it seems they don't bother to anymore?

There was a permaculture place too - however it was ruined by the conspiracy, since it was so much about turning the trees into woodchips.....I mean ffs, there's not nearly enough woodland to even consider doing that. Plus why would you want to? - as if you need to be taking away more of the Earth to make things that are already available in abundance at umpteen cheapo Pound stores, having already raped the planet to be made.
And they kept bees in evil ways too, and didn't care about the correct ways to keep them. They're an absolute nightmare. You help the Earth more by not getting involved with those kinds of things, by leaving nature alone.
I fogot about Geoff Hamilton and Bob Flowerdew. Shame the former died last time I heard Bob he was on radio 4 so I guess he is still around somewhere.

When it comes to woodchips perhaps they getting it from coppicing/pollarding?- Well I hope so anyway!

It obviously sounds you are really into the minimal interference with natural systems. Permaculture is pretty wide in its appeal nowadays (so there are different approaches) so maybe you didn't get on with particular style of it. Sepp Holzer and Masanobu Fukuoka developed thier approaches interpendently of permaculture but later became associated with it. They share a minimal interference approach too so I would recommend you check them out if you dont know about them.

Last edited by magritte; 05-03-2016 at 10:31 PM.
magritte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:11 AM   #12
tildatod
Banned

This summer I'll be eating the milk thistle that grows in the garden. I've eaten our dandelion leaves before, lots of nettle leaves which taste scrummy, and tasted some berries from a shrub whose name escapes me right now. They're never normally eaten by people these days, but I have a wee book about foraging, and it's mentioned in there. We've had blackberry tea made from leaves from the garden.

You can make your own coffee from cleavers or goosegrass. You have to collect the seeds and roast them I think. I am yet to try that.

tildatod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 01:35 PM   #13
visitors
Inactive

"Sepp Holzer and Masanobu Fukuoka"

Yeah thanks I do know about them, very worth reading up on / watching videos about on youtube, or wherever you can find the videos.

Can't say I'm a fan of coppicing / pollarding. It's one of those things, I see it done to public and garden trees so much, it destroys one of the few decent things left in these god forsaken urban hells. It's like the Adams Family version of how trees should look, or some freakshows with an amputation fetishes version of beauty. Sickening. It's not the way I would do things if I really needed trees for fuel (which like most people I don't, cause I live somewhere with electricity and gas....) - I'd never cut back the main trunk/s for a start, or leave them with stumps or stump branches. There are trees that will grow tonnes of sucklers (side shoots) out of their sides, and you don't have to touch the main trunk for that to happen, so you don't alter the overall shape of the tree.
Trees grow in shapes that are ideal for the weather and climate they are in, when that is disturbed it makes them more vulnerable to falling over and suffering weather damage too. They grow into shapes that naturally channel the wind around them, that kind of thing.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:52 AM   #14
lurka

Not sure how wise it is to eat weeds or unknown plants. Did you know rhubarb root is wildly carcinogenic although the above ground stem is ok.

Last edited by lurka; 10-06-2016 at 08:53 AM.
lurka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 07:40 PM   #15
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
The conspiracy can't stand how bad I make them look. They want it to seem like growing food is really difficult. Twice at my parents place I proved that supermarket bought potatoes can be sprouted and then planted for great crops. (I did this in Glasgow too, including with potatoes I found in the street. I still have some of them at my flat in poly bags 3 years later, and they are still healthy in the one of the best soils you'll ever smell and feel - if you grow without digging and weeding, the soil becomes the greatest too, all on its own). Know what they did - they strimmed them to death, twice. They'll puppet anyone to ruin things.
Here in our town a new pound shop has begun selling a dozen spuds for a quid which they have obviously taken from a larger sack, I told her that this was the case as the spuds were larger than the normal size for seed stock.
If she drove just another couple of miles they could get a large bag of rejects for the same money direct from the farmer
That said, apart from frost not much will eat spud tops as the are poisonous.
So planting them in a suitable place will bring in some urban supply.
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote