Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 05-10-2016, 06:08 PM   #101
elshaper
Inactive

It's that time of the year.
When are you going to start lighting up?
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:57 AM   #102
amberleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by magritte View Post
One extra thing to do to keep you house warmer in winter is to paint any surfaces that catch the lower winter sun a matt black colour. Just draw a line on your south facing internal walls on dec 21st or non cloudy day close to this and paint from that point downwards. The cost of the paint should pay for itself in years to come especially if the walls contain alot of thermal mass.
Having black walls all winter may be depressing, though I really like your idea. I live far north and we get few daylight hours in winter. So a balance needs to be found. Perhaps a return to the black wood furniture, which was all the rage some years ago, but flooded with colourful led lights when the sun goes down.

Liked 2,000,000 Times in 100 Posts

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
amberleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:35 AM   #103
oz93666

Yes another year has passed and the Brits still haven't overthrown their overlords , the royalty and aristocracy, who own most of the land and live in centrally heated castles .... so it's down to Lidle to stock up on tea lights and flowerpots.

some background info for non Brits ...Here's a typical row of houses in the UK

People jammed together like sardines.... not much room inside .... in days gone by heating was allowed, but to stop people chocking to death in the smog , fires were banned ... Now, in secret people huddle together around flower pots heated by candles , to stop from freezing to death ... in constant fear of a knock on the door from the global warming police who say candles emit CO2 a green house gas ..

Last edited by oz93666; 07-10-2016 at 07:42 AM.
oz93666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 10:19 AM   #104
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz93666 View Post
Yes another year has passed and the Brits still haven't overthrown their overlords , the royalty and aristocracy, who own most of the land and live in centrally heated castles .... so it's down to Lidle to stock up on tea lights and flowerpots.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:30 AM   #105
jupiter12

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz93666 View Post

some background info for non Brits ...Here's a typical row of houses in the UK

People jammed together like sardines.... not much room inside .... in days gone by heating was allowed, but to stop people chocking to death in the smog , fires were banned ... Now, in secret people huddle together around flower pots heated by candles , to stop from freezing to death ... in constant fear of a knock on the door from the global warming police who say candles emit CO2 a green house gas ..

Taking the p*** out of the Brits oz! because some people are packed into rows of houses! and don't have much money!

If only we could share you infinite wisdom of how to free ourselves from the Satanic Psychos running things!

Maybe we could move to Iceland and have a nice little igloo to live in!
Old 07-10-2016, 10:34 AM   #106
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter12 View Post
Taking the p*** out of the Brits oz! because some people are packed into rows of houses! and don't have much money!
It doesn't make him a racist cos he is British.
He just happened to live elsewhere.

Quote:
If only we could share you infinite wisdom of how to free ourselves from the Satanic Psychos running things!

Maybe we could move to Iceland and have a nice little igloo to live in!
We've already discussed the issue of creating a truther's paradise island on DIF and it failed at the brain storm session stage.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:43 AM   #107
oz93666

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter12 View Post
Taking the p*** out of the Brits oz! because some people are packed into rows of houses! and don't have much money
I'm a Brit myself , J .... and grew up in one of those houses , now I've escaped, looking back , it all seems so surreal and funny/sad ...

At least it's not cold where I am, that's the main reason I left.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:48 AM   #108
paddy_blake

Just out of interest. What is a 'safe' temperature to live in? My house is currently 17c...
paddy_blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:05 PM   #109
oz93666

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy_blake View Post
Just out of interest. What is a 'safe' temperature to live in? My house is currently 17c...
Safe ??? It's all safe ... humans have lived without heating for thousands of years ....It toughens you up ...

17 is plenty warm enough ... The ideal comfortable temperature is said to be 25

I hate wearing cloths , never do inside , it's not natural , never gets below 23 here. (inside temp)
Old 07-10-2016, 02:16 PM   #110
paddy_blake

Thanks for your advice Oz, however you do live in a tropical climate.

I'm looking for any advice from someone closer to home, preferably in Blighty. I am facing real hardship this winter and am looking for practical advice on clothing, tips and minimal temperatures I can get away with.

Thanks.

Last edited by paddy_blake; 07-10-2016 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:56 PM   #111
the tealady
Forum Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by u877gut_y View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WEGlQ4xBa8

Here is the principle: a container, like a 2-inch-tall bread tin, has tealight candles in the center. An upside-down pot rests on the container over the candles. A larger upside-down flower pot rests over the first container. This pot has a hole in its bottom.

The inner pot acts like a furnace, storing the hot air above the candles and it will get too hot to touch. Hot air escapes underneath it which then rises inside the outer pot. All that's needed are enough candles and a part of the room you don't normally go to. You could even build a shelf for it or get a small table. Have a container of water nearby just in case.

In my 11x10-foot room I tried 3 and 4 candles & that seems enough for most winter days.

Most tealights last 4 hours. In the UK the cheapest place to get them is the Ikea.com Web site.

I've more than halved my fuel cost.

(Some people are concerned about the toxic fumes from candles. Why not make you own beeswax tealight candles? Use one alongside the standard tealights & it will destroy its toxins (and dust) through the production of negative ions. Get filtered wax, which means impurities have been removed. A sturdier wick is needed than those used for standard paraffin candles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H80k83xJ28E )
This does work. Just make sure that no kids are around. Most tealight candles are made from soy so there arent dangerous fumes to worry about.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 02:58 PM   #112
cosmic tramp

Mine are all set up and ready to go.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:00 PM   #113
the tealady
Forum Advisor

Really thick curtains might help. Maybe get some atteactive blanketing from a charity store or window film to stop the heat escaping. Attend to draughts and keep the doors closed to other rooms too.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:39 PM   #114
paddy_blake

Quote:
Originally Posted by the tealady View Post
Really thick curtains might help. Maybe get some atteactive blanketing from a charity store or window film to stop the heat escaping. Attend to draughts and keep the doors closed to other rooms too.
Excellent advice, things I hadn't though of.
Old 07-10-2016, 03:45 PM   #115
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
When it gets 15C, even 2 degrees difference, I need to light up.
At 12C, very cold. A jacket on, gloves on....
But this is how they do it in China, it's norm over there.

Last edited by elshaper; 07-10-2016 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-10-2016, 03:47 PM   #116
paddy_blake

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
I've bought thermal vests, and I'm getting a thick winter duvet. I think that's about the best I can do really. The heating is set at 14C at the moment.
Old 07-10-2016, 03:50 PM   #117
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by the tealady View Post
You can use a bin bag if short of money.

Steppe will show you HOW TO exactly.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:41 PM   #118
amberleaf

At height of winter Paddy , take your duvet to main room in the evenings and go to bed early.

Going to bed early, does not mean you don't do anything., you just do it all from the comfort of the warm bed. ie Bed picnics.

winter hobbies - I used to make my patchwork quilts in the winter, lots of extra fabric over you whilst you sew. Keeps you toasty.

Last edited by amberleaf; 07-10-2016 at 06:43 PM. Reason: winter hobbies
Old 07-10-2016, 06:49 PM   #119
jupiter12

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
I heard 21C is a comfortable room temperature which I find true but I prefer it a bit cooler around 16C - 19C.

On the Coast it tends to be quite mild mainly but I know how cold it can get in Northern parts. I was in Edinburgh one winter! Brrrrrrrrr very cold but very nice too!

I prefer colder to hot climates. I just turn into a mozzie magnet when it's hot! I like it when the cold weather zaps 'em to oblivion (the mozzies that is) But, they always return!
Old 07-10-2016, 06:54 PM   #120
amberleaf

Also some warm custard or porridge (porridge has depression/lack of sunlight benefits) to eat on cold evenings for supper. I used to favour custard for evenings, milky and sweet...kind of indulgent. A full stomach creates inner heat!

Last edited by amberleaf; 07-10-2016 at 06:55 PM.