Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 29-10-2015, 11:22 AM   #21
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz93666 View Post
By then prayers will be outlawed ...only prostrating to lucifer

I wouldn't wan't you to think I'm laughing at anyone... when I lived in London , I used to hang out with squatters, drove a battered old car, just to fit in with people on my wavelength... so I get the candle thing, it's the type of game I might play.. but part of me would see the ridiculousness of it, and be chuckling at myself...
Yes it's ridiculous that we have been pushed down to this level. I agee with you.
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2015, 11:25 AM   #22
cosmic tramp

Speaking to some folk last night who wouldn't ever entertain a site such as this, but had them all eager and spellbound with describing this invention...they're all eager to try it out.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2015, 11:32 AM   #23
elshaper
Inactive

You'll never know, the flowerpot candle heater might turn out to be their turning point in their awakening.
Old 29-10-2015, 11:40 AM   #24
cosmic tramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
You'll never know, the flowerpot candle heater might turn out to be their turning point in their awakening.
Well it's often said that's how it happens, its not the grand deep and meanigful that kicks starts change or revolution but something 'minor' like that, having a butterfly effect.

I'm actually a great fan and devotee of the slow cooker, which uses the same power as a household light bulb, to cook virtually any meal you like, I'm surprised they haven't taken lawsuits out against it as it goes against standard power giants' principles, cocking a snook at every other costly appliance you might care to use.

Do we know who actually invented the Flowerpot Heater yet...was it a woman, I wonder ?

Incidentally, another use for the clay flowerpot is a handy bread kiln and also as an ashtray when turned upside down over a clay plant pot base.

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 29-10-2015 at 12:25 PM.
Old 29-10-2015, 12:14 PM   #25
jupiter12

Quote:
It will last indefinitely. You just keep topping up veggie oil. You don't need to add stones, she added that for esthetic purpose. If you buy lamp oil, it will cost you but used veg oil from a cafe/chip shop will cost you zero. You need to experiment with wicks which is the tricky part.
You can buy them on ebay. I've used those with veg oil and it burns ok. It won't smell of food as long as the flame is burning correctly. I don't even bother with water. Just fill a vessel with oil. Cake tin will work but make sure it is placed off tabletop. It might damage the surface with heat, depending on what kind of tabletop you have. Trial and error, be watchful at first.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...wicks&_sacat=0

True in many cases.
Some great ideas re the oil burners! They look good too.

I burn candles a lot, sometimes a line of them (like below) and the bonus is they heat the house! virtually no need for any other heating. Burn fragranced ones and you get aromatherapy as well!

Old 29-10-2015, 11:10 PM   #26
oz93666

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
I'm actually a great fan and devotee of the slow cooker, which uses the same power as a household light bulb, to cook virtually any meal you like, I'm surprised they haven't taken lawsuits out against
You are playing into the hands of the controllers .... they spread the lie that consuming is bad , hurting the planet... they are closing power-plants everywhere, which give off CO2 vital for the bio-sphere... they've brainwashed people into believing it's causing 'global warming' ... this is their plan to make you think you are virtuous by not consuming , it's all a lie, they wan't you in a small flat, without heating.

Wake-up!
oz93666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2015, 07:43 AM   #27
cosmic tramp

Quote:
You are playing into the hands of the controllers .... they spread the lie that consuming is bad , hurting the planet... they are closing power-plants everywhere, which give off CO2 vital for the bio-sphere... they've brainwashed people into believing it's causing 'global warming' ... this is their plan to make you think you are virtuous by not consuming , it's all a lie, they wan't you in a small flat, without heating.

Wake-up!
Nope. Much simpler than that. The flowerpot heater will save me a fortune on electricity bills. That is one Cosmic Top Tip.

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 30-10-2015 at 10:59 AM.
Old 30-10-2015, 07:51 AM   #28
kizzie
Registered Users

Quote:

Wake-up!

I actually think that is the last thing on my mind..

For me candles make your home cosy.

When I come home I shut the curtains, put on the glow bit of my fake log burner light some candles and it feels snug and warm.

I save my heating for really cold days.

What do you do to keep cool?
kizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2015, 09:09 AM   #29
oz93666

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzie View Post
What do you do to keep cool?
I live fairly primitively ... no air conditioning, no hot water, in the cold season, (23C) ...I boil a kettle to take a shower.

mosquito net , not glass in the windows, plenty of air circulation , most nights sleep with no bed cloths, windows always open ....very healthy.

ps ... burning candles without the flowerpot on top is not really going to heat the room, the heat will rise up to the ceiling and you won't feel it . the flower pot absorbs the heat, and radiates it where you are.

look at jupiter burning 7 candles at a time ... is he a millionaire?

Last edited by oz93666; 30-10-2015 at 09:15 AM.
Old 30-10-2015, 09:14 AM   #30
kizzie
Registered Users

Quote:
I live fairly primitively ... no air conditioning, no hot water, in the cold season, (23C) ...I boil a kettle to take a shower.

mosquito net , not glass in the windows, plenty of air circulation , most nights sleep with no bed cloths, windows always open ....very healthy.

I always have my bedroom window open.. I like to feel the air on my face.
Old 30-10-2015, 10:09 AM   #31
jupiter12

Quote:

ps ... burning candles without the flowerpot on top is not really going to heat the room, the heat will rise up to the ceiling and you won't feel it . the flower pot absorbs the heat, and radiates it where you are.

look at jupiter burning 7 candles at a time ... is he a millionaire?
A millionaire! ha! The heat from burning candles rises up causing a circulating convection current. No different to any other convection heater. I burn them because I like them though. Sounds like you live a healthy life there! I couldn't handle all those mozzies though! I've heard burning citronella candles helps keeps 'em away!
Old 30-10-2015, 10:15 AM   #32
nofuture
Premier Subscribers

We'll all be shivering....while these people are sat by their roaring fires.

Frankie Boyle
nofuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2015, 10:18 AM   #33
oz93666

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter12 View Post
A millionaire! ha! The heat from burning candles rises up causing a circulating convection current. No different to any other convection heater. I burn them because I like them though. Sounds like you live a healthy life there! I couldn't handle all those mozzies though! I've heard burning citronella candles helps keeps 'em away!
Yes ... if you have a big heat source convection currents can be set up, but even then a lot of heat hangs around the ceiling, heating the room above. With a candle convection would not be established.
If you have neighbors either side of you, above or below, their heating will come through the walls and make a big difference.

Mosquitoes were a bit annoying for the first few years , now they don't seem to bite me... but ANTS everywhere!!!
Old 30-10-2015, 10:26 AM   #34
cosmic tramp

Whatever the reason, candles do make any room incredibly warm, that is a simple fact.

In Poland they celebrate something called "The Day of the Dead." All the families go and visit their dear departed en masse and place lit candles on the gravestones. Walking through a Polish cemetery on this night, regardless of Poland's freezing weather, is like walking through a furnace with the sheer heat given out by all the candles. (Quite a bizarre spectacle actually, it's the one night of the year you have grannies walking side by side with skinheads, kids, mums, dads, suits, overalls, labourers, yoof, etc. etc. Great social leveller is death).

It is, however, a myth that you can read by candlelight, you need about a dozen candles to illuminate the page of a book.

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 30-10-2015 at 10:36 AM.
Old 30-10-2015, 10:41 AM   #35
kizzie
Registered Users

Central heating has made us softies. As a kid we didn't have it only one fire in the living room, no carpets just lino, and a outside loo. ice on the inside of the windows..

When I said I was going to go without heating for the winter everyone thought I was nuts and should sacrifice something else in order to have heating, but not that long ago it was the norm.
We now mostly expect to be able to walk about indoors (me too) with one layer of clothing and if its gets chilly we turn the heating up rather than put on some more clothes.
Old 30-10-2015, 10:43 AM   #36
jupiter12

Quote:
Yes ... if you have a big heat source convection currents can be set up, but even then a lot of heat hangs around the ceiling, heating the room above. With a candle convection would not be established.
If you have neighbors either side of you, above or below, their heating will come through the walls and make a big difference.

Mosquitoes were a bit annoying for the first few years , now they don't seem to bite me... but ANTS everywhere!!!
I've got some big candles!

I agree 'a' candle wouldn't establish convection, but a few do seem to make a difference.

I remembered now why I won't be going near any jungles! mozzies, ants, spiders and probably lots of other biting little critters! At least the mozzies don't get you now, they can drive you crazy!
Old 30-10-2015, 10:44 AM   #37
cosmic tramp

Quote:
Central heating has made us softies. As a kid we didn't have it only one fire in the living room, no carpets just lino, and a outside loo. ice on the inside of the windows..

When I said I was going to go without heating for the winter everyone thought I was nuts and should sacrifice something else in order to have heating, but not that long ago it was the norm.
We now mostly expect to be able to walk about indoors (me too) with one layer of clothing and if its gets chilly we turn the heating up rather than put on some more clothes.
I remember as a student using my overcoat as an extra bedspread. In the morning, getting warm in the kitchen by putting all the cooker rings on at once.

Where I live we have OAPs spending all day in the local library, Wetherspoons or travelling on the free city bus all day just to keep warm.

Have you ever seen what an electric meter does when you put the oven or central heating on ? It's like watching an Apollo Countdown on x 28 Fast Forward...

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 30-10-2015 at 11:01 AM.
Old 30-10-2015, 10:58 AM   #38
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:

Did you have a toilet outside in the garden?
I've rented a place like that before.
But you get used to it too.
Bath tub was in the kitchen separated by a curtain.

This is my 6th year without heating. Hate the thought of burning too much money.

Last edited by elshaper; 30-10-2015 at 10:59 AM.
Old 30-10-2015, 11:02 AM   #39
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
I remember as a student using my overcoat as a bedspread. In the morning, getting warm in the kitchen by putting all the cooker rings on at once.

Where I live we have OAPs spending all day in the local library, Wetherspoons or travelling on the free city bus all day just to keep warm.
and Shopping centre, all night McD....

Quote:
Have you ever seen what an electric meter does when you put the oven or central heating on ? It's like watching an Apollo Countdown on x 28 Fast Forward...
Roast chicken in a slowcooker, very nice and amazingly succulent finish.
Old 30-10-2015, 11:07 AM   #40
cosmic tramp

Quote:
and Shopping centre, all night McD....

Roast chicken in a slowcooker, very nice and amazingly succulent finish.
Yep done that. Other joints of meat too. You can do a full English breakfast in one as well (if you start it off the night before). Casseroles. Curries. Veggies. Tins. Allsorts.

Also, I have boiled a kettle over 9 tealight candles and cooked that way too, before now, takes a bit of time but does work.

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 30-10-2015 at 11:49 AM.