Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 06-11-2007, 10:47 PM   #1
368jrn

Smile Why Gold?

At the end of the day does anyone know why gold is favoured in times of economic trouble? You cant eat it, you cant drink it and it wont keep you warm.

When the shit hits the fan, and i have some food and someone else has some water and someone else has some gold, who will do business with each other?

It looks nice and is useful in electronics but that about it!

Its conditioning that leads people to believe its "worth" anything. Madness i tell you! Peace out.
368jrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:00 PM   #2
lottie_new
Premier Subscribers

Here's a viewpoint on gold for ya by Matthew Delooze.....

http://matthew-delooze.blogspot.com/...hat-is-it.html

Quote:
We all accept 'Gold' is the symbolic sign for wealth in this world, both physically and spiritually. The mass consciousness in this world has created gold as the most powerful element on this planet, whether it actually is or not does not matter. We have already created that reality.
Arch-strategist Zbigniew Brzezinski, senior adviser to Barack Obama, stated in a presentation to the highly influential Council on Foreign Relations that "...the greatest obstacle to establishing a One World Government is the rapid political awakening amongst the masses." May 2010.

lottie_new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:38 PM   #3
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 368jrn View Post
At the end of the day does anyone know why gold is favoured in times of economic trouble? You cant eat it, you cant drink it and it wont keep you warm.

When the shit hits the fan, and i have some food and someone else has some water and someone else has some gold, who will do business with each other?

It looks nice and is useful in electronics but that about it!

Its conditioning that leads people to believe its "worth" anything. Madness i tell you! Peace out.
I have asked that question before and I have yet to have a convincing answer.
People have been brainwashed into believing that gold is very valuable but it isnt really. And when the shit does hit the fan, they are STILL gonna be brainwashed and sell their last bit of food for a bit of gold.
steevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:54 PM   #4
i_am

Briefly gold and silver were the only legal tender. To save people carrying around a ton of gold coin they invented fiat money. This was originally backed by gold and did have some worth. That is no longer the case and the paper and coin you carry around now, and many are so desperate to attain, is worthless. The loans you take out and pay interest on are no more than figures on a screen.

You work, you get figures on your statement. You pay someone, you transfer those figures to someone else. It is all illusion.

Should the shit hit the fan, your gold will probably have no worth either. The rules get changed to suit those with the power (and the gold) the bankers.
i_am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:11 AM   #5
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am View Post
Briefly gold and silver were the only legal tender. To save people carrying around a ton of gold coin they invented fiat money. This was originally backed by gold and did have some worth. That is no longer the case and the paper and coin you carry around now, and many are so desperate to attain, is worthless. The loans you take out and pay interest on are no more than figures on a screen.

You work, you get figures on your statement. You pay someone, you transfer those figures to someone else. It is all illusion.

Should the shit hit the fan, your gold will probably have no worth either. The rules get changed to suit those with the power (and the gold) the bankers.
So that raises the next question, how do we define "the shit hitting the fan"

IMO the shit has not hit the fan until the gold becomes worthless (and is recognised as worthless). Until then, their game is still on.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:14 AM   #6
i_am

Quote:
Originally Posted by steevo View Post
So that raises the next question, how do we define "the shit hitting the fan"

IMO the shit has not hit the fan until the gold becomes worthless (and is recognised as worthless). Until then, their game is still on.
Bigger question Where is the gold? Who is in control of it and what is their agenda and timeframe?
i_am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:23 AM   #7
steevo
Inactive

I have no interest in owning any gold AT ALL.

BUT, the thing is, if the economy goes bust and the system reverts back to the gold standard then, I am gonna NEED gold to live, in the same way that I currently NEED money, cos without it I starve. All commodities are owned by the elite so I have no option at all. The system ensures that we starve if we do not conform.

Quote:
Bigger question Where is the gold? Who is in control of it and what is their agenda and timeframe?
Do you mean, have they got a plan RIGHT NOW to "bust" the economy VERY SOON in order to make a winner takes all situation ? Cos they have all the gold.
Old 20-12-2007, 06:53 PM   #8
paganus
Inactive

gold and silver have symbolic worth.just view the gold chains on 'gangstas'
paganus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2007, 07:56 AM   #9
boots
Banned

Even if and when the shit hits the fan THE GAMES STILL ON (unfortunately) so guess who has the gold and it's not the dark agenda they've lost and they don't really know it.HaHaHaHaHaha
Papers worthless gold will always be a bargaining chip think back to the ancient cultures they always had gold way before the creation of our current banking system.
boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2007, 04:44 AM   #10
thetonic

Gold = God ... Gold = technology, light, rareness..

EVERYTHING!!! is a state of mind

"I haven't a scooby-doo what he was going on about?" - Velma
thetonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2007, 06:12 AM   #11
hulelam

The drink of champions with electrolytes.
Old 28-12-2007, 06:06 PM   #12
dmessick

Gold is valued by the NWO banksters because it is of substance which basically means its a rock that can back money because it can be traded. I think it's stupid too but that's why. Most of the world and expecially here in the US uses fiat money which isn't backed by gold or any substance and makes the money fake and worthless really. You're being paid in fiat money which you can 'trade' for goods but also that fiat money is being taxed and controlled. Not only are we recieving fake money but then they have the balls to take it back from us through taxation and their ponzi social schemes.

To Order David Icke Books Straight From The Source Visit: David Ickes Book Store
dmessick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 09:13 PM   #13
pri01

i read that when the Anunnuki/Elohim/Nephilm were transported to our Planet, their sole purpose was to mine and steal all of the gold that they could mine. They apparently need it to process in a way to put into their own atmosphere on planet x or neburu where it acts as a shield, to protect them. Anunnuki got a little tired of all this toil and woe and staged a protest. This in turn caused the chief medical officer Mum to create a replica to carry out the work instead. She played around with the DNA of primates alraedy here and the anunnuki and came up with the Adam. Not an individual, but a race of humans created in their image. (Zaccharai Sitchin) and the Sumerian tablets depicting the origin of man.
pri01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 09:43 PM   #14
lizzy

Quote:
Fort Knox is empty. The international bankers ( wankers) have siphoned it all off over last 40 or so years as means of payment for issueing Fed Res. currency and paying Natinal debt. All total thieft.
It now resides in NWO vaults in Swizerland.
Owning is useless because they can make the owning it illegal as they did in the 1922 confidcation, with a jailterm of 10 yrs if you did not sell it back to the "government" at $18 per ounce.
They can it again.
Sliver rounds is not a bad way to go and in the event of shortages / social meltdown will still be better than paper.
Their agenda is too bring us to our knees through manufactured depression..timeframe .NOW and over the next 20 yrs and longer.
End of Empire.

Last edited by lizzy; 30-12-2007 at 09:49 PM.
lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:05 PM   #15
steevo
Inactive

Gold and the gold standard was/is a scam.

Gold is shiny and bright, and the peasants have always looked on shiny and bright things as "of the gods/kings", and that is not surprising when Kings and Queens (and maybe gods too) have used gold as a measure of their status.

Women especially love shiny bright metal like gold and most women are brainwashed into thinking that gold jewelry will make their lives better and lift their status up amongst the people who they look up to (kings, queens, celebrities).

Anyway, going back to the old days when money first started, I wonder if it happened like this :-

The peasants were revolting.
The Elite had to come up with a plan.
The Elite owned all the gold (and everything else).
So the plan was that in return for "working" for them, the Elite would let the peasants have some gold or an IOU. The IOU (money) could be used to buy ANYTHING they could ever want OR it could be exchanged for gold.
Because all the gold was owned by the Elite, it meant that EVERY peasant had no choice but to "work" for their masters. It was just slavery with a different name.

I have not researched yet about when exactly the gold standard was abolished so I would be interested to know if it co-incided with anything.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:36 PM   #16
white horse
Banned

Thumbs up

The real basis for the value of gold is that it does not tarnish or rust.

It is also non-toxic and highly malleable.That made it perfect for jewelery because it would not tarnish, which throughout history has pandered to the vanity of humans. That Aztec gold the Spanish captured, much of it was likely very old and was Mayan. As it is also very rare and hard to find, gold was very valuable. Rarity = value.

Gold is highly sought in electronics. It is a superb conductor, and as it will not rust, decay or tarnish is perfect for sliding connectors. (Check out inside your PC, those shiny pins that connect your CD/DVD ROM are usually gold. Best material for the job.)

In fact it takes conditions similar to the inside of the sun to tarnish gold.

Silver also has similar characteristics, also excellent in electronics, and very difficult to tarnish, very malleable.

So yes, when the hammer comes down, if you have a store of gold, it will be very handy for you. No you cannot eat it or wear it. But you can trade it, either to vane people who have no knowledge of its properties, or to people who do know and are perhaps trying to revive 20thC technologies.

(When the shit hits, if you can find large dumps of PCs you can strip them of gold, silver and copper. Good store of excellent bartering materials.)
white horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2008, 09:31 PM   #17
vorador

white horse wrote:
Quote:
The real basis for the value of gold is that it does not tarnish or rust.
finally someone got it right! that is the number one reason gold is valuable. the only natural metal that neither rusts nor tarnishes. what happens to gold after thousands of years? nothing! it's still gold! look at King Tut's funeral mask, looks exactly like it did when it was made oh so long ago.
vorador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2008, 09:48 PM   #18
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorador View Post
white horse wrote:

finally someone got it right! that is the number one reason gold is valuable. the only natural metal that neither rusts nor tarnishes. what happens to gold after thousands of years? nothing! it's still gold! look at King Tut's funeral mask, looks exactly like it did when it was made oh so long ago.
Yeah that is correct. But that doesnt REALLY explain why it is SUPPOSEDLY so valuble. I mean we dont use it in our every lives, or at least we dont NEED to.
Old 17-02-2008, 10:00 PM   #19
coshh

The problem with gold is that there is not enough of it for it to be a reasonable medium of exchange given the vast quantity of wealth that exists that it would need to represent.
At times one gets the impression that our society needs to have at least one group to which no tolerance may be shown; which one can easily attack and hate. And should someone - in this case the Pope - dare to approach them he too loses any right to tolerance; he too can be treated hatefully, without misgiving or restraint. - Pope Benedict XVI
coshh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2008, 08:07 PM   #20
vorador

steevo wrote:
Quote:
Yeah that is correct. But that doesnt REALLY explain why it is SUPPOSEDLY so valuble. I mean we dont use it in our every lives, or at least we dont NEED to.
well that's depends on the person and culture. Indian and Italian people love gold and jewelry so it's certainly important for those people and they do use it in their everyday lives and to many of them they "need" to.
vorador is offline   Reply With Quote