Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 23-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
adam 7

Default Should we store food now?

Hi Peeps

With the news in the past few days that the globalists are buying gold and placing big bets on economic collapse, I have been wondering what can be done.

What can you do on an individual level in advance of a 20s style depression? I have been thinking about having an emergency food store. Do any of you guys have a food and water store, and if so what do you have? What other things can be done?

I guess if things turn out ok a food store is not a bad idea anyway.

Thanks

Last edited by adam 7; 23-08-2012 at 09:04 AM.
adam 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #2
ifoundlove

At least buy a little extra food for storage when you go shopping and start that way. Buy long life stuff like rice, tins, pulses, spices, salt/ sugar......plenty of stuff on the web if you want to know want to get. Also medicines, toilet roll....

I have at least a 3 months stock of food and know how to identify and harvest wild food plus a veg patch, stash of water in the loft just in case the water goes down, water purification tabs and also knowledge of how to make water safe to drink. Also hedgerow medicine books have information to help supplement and treat minor ailments.

I have done a survival course as well and this can help get your mind in the right frame for a survival scenario and teach you the basics. Depending where you live ie either countryside/town you can do courses to prepare for survival in each situation.

I got into this about 3 years ago and I have learned you can never be fully prepared but you can acquire skills to help you and your family along the way. My husband and family thought I was mad at first but now they have a great respect for some of the skills I have picked up.
ifoundlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
adam 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifoundlove View Post
I got into this about 3 years ago and I have learned you can never be fully prepared but you can acquire skills to help you and your family along the way. My husband and family thought I was mad at first but now they have a great respect for some of the skills I have picked up.
Nice post. Great advice. Thanks

Last edited by adam 7; 23-08-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Old 23-08-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
adam 7

I've been thinking another line of action is to be prepared psychologically. How to react if we lost out job, or material things.

Like with the people in Greece now. They are having a very hard time.

I honestly dont think it would take much. A trigger could be for example Israel attacking Iran, and Iran blocking the gulf in retaliation. Oil prices would rocket and the ecomony laden with debts go into meltdown. Its not that far fetched scenario when you think of it.

Holding together in a crisis would be difficult for many people.
Old 23-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #5
gremlin

I'm storing food now, I have gone up a whole stone.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he doesn't exist." we live in satan world.
gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #6
pippin

Ive been storing food for nearly a year now, in case somethings happens. If nothing happens then great but at least I will food to eat at times when money is tight.

"Stay awake, dont nod or dream" ~Mary Poppins~
pippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
ifoundlove

Thanks for the kind reply.

I would also suggest getting to know what natural resources are available near to where you live as well. You can only survive 3 days without water so finding an alternative supply and knowing how to treat it to make it safe to drink should be a priority.

You can survive 3 weeks without food so this should be secondary to finding water.
ifoundlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #8
spiraltrance

If you start storing up food make sure it's food that doesn't have to be cooked to be edible in case of power cuts or a big solar flare.

Last edited by spiraltrance; 23-08-2012 at 12:02 PM.
spiraltrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #9
adam 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
i'm storing food now, i have gone up a whole stone.
lol.
Old 23-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #10
adam 7

great advice all. This is proving a useful thread.
Old 23-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #11
acharlatani

Buy a pressure canner and go on YouTube for ideas of the hundreds of foods you can can. Most can last tens of years when canned properly.

But a waterbob (google it) which stores gallons and gallons of water In a sterile containe4 in your bath. Ta dah, 3 weeks of water.

Research the bleach to water ratio to purify water.

Fill up empty bottles with water and every month refil them.

YouTube how to keep eggs edible for months.

Think about fuels needed for energy.

Think about growing food.

Store the ingredients to make bread.

SMASH THE SYSTEM
acharlatani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 08:33 PM   #12
pippin

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiraltrance View Post
If you start storing up food make sure it's food that doesn't have to be cooked to be edible in case of power cuts or a big solar flare.
You can always make a sand candle for cooking on. I posted this in another thread but I will post it here too. Sand in an empty washed out food can, string pushed in for a wick, then when you need to use it, cover the top and wick in a thin layer of cooking oil and light.

"Stay awake, dont nod or dream" ~Mary Poppins~
pippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 01:55 AM   #13
soylentgreen

Default Life in the mountains

I live in the mountains and we get lots of snow in the winter (year before last: ten feet in one week!) We also have power outs every winter (usually over a week long) In really big snow storms, the highway closes and nobody can drive in/out for a couple days. This has given me a good taste of the need to be prepared, so I made a list (as a joke, my wife and I call it the "bomb shelter" list) I keep both drinking water and washing water, have plenty of batteries (and simple devices to run off batteries), burn wood for heat/cooking (and a camp stove for cooking), and many other things I learned during the winter months, but have not done a good job of stocking food. I am very interested in ideas about types of food. We can't afford to get that much food at one time, so I'm hoping to slowly build up my inventory. The good news is during the winter snow provides the water, but right now (late summer) we could have water issues too. Good thing we are used to primitive camping and know how to "sponge bath", wash cloths by hand, ect. We are ahead of the game mentally (and understand the need to protect ourselves) I shouldn't say this, but my wife and I almost look forward to watching society crumble (from a song by the band Tool... "millions of dumbfounded dipshits") It's sad, but I feel that the world needs a wake-up call, and I don't mean cellphones or text messaging
soylentgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #14
soylentgreen

Default My "bomb shelter" list

"The Bomb Shelter"

1 water, gasoline, coleman fuel, propane, (and containers)

2 firewood, kindling, starter materials

3 woodstove, coleman stove, bbq, outdoor propane burner, cookware

4 food (anything that keeps well), vitamins, drinking water (and containers), water filter

5 first-aid kit, meds, larger bandages, tape, ace bandage

6 tp, other bathroom items (including bio soap)

7 lights (12 V), flashlights, multi-band radio, small batteries

8 CB (or HAM) radio

9 deep-cycle 12 V batteries (and solar charger), power inverter

10 defense (firearm, knife, bat, ect)

11 AC generator (and fuel), low power draw devices

12 snowshoes, shovels, ropes

13 books, acoustic musical instruments, games

Mostly I made this to be ready for power outages... like if the sun acts up and fries the grid, but economic collapse is just as good a reason. As someone else mentioned, stocking food is always a good idea! Thanks for reminding me.
soylentgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #15
dawnuk

we've been buying extra stuff for a few months now.... just in case.....

better to be safe than sorry.

umm dont stock pile chocolate though..... it always ends up getting scoffed when you get that "Hmmmm I could eat something nice" feeling..... bahhh!
dawnuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #16
joho
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiraltrance View Post
you can make a rocket stove in about 2 min

the advantages of food you do not need to cook is if you have to keep it secret or you are in a enclosed space for a period of time
joho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #17
adam 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by soylentgreen View Post
"The Bomb Shelter"

1 water, gasoline, coleman fuel, propane, (and containers)

2 firewood, kindling, starter materials

3 woodstove, coleman stove, bbq, outdoor propane burner, cookware

4 food (anything that keeps well), vitamins, drinking water (and containers), water filter

5 first-aid kit, meds, larger bandages, tape, ace bandage

6 tp, other bathroom items (including bio soap)

7 lights (12 V), flashlights, multi-band radio, small batteries

8 CB (or HAM) radio

9 deep-cycle 12 V batteries (and solar charger), power inverter

10 defense (firearm, knife, bat, ect)

11 AC generator (and fuel), low power draw devices

12 snowshoes, shovels, ropes

13 books, acoustic musical instruments, games
Great list. Thanks.
Old 28-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #18
adam 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnuk View Post
dont stock pile chocolate though..... it always ends up getting scoffed when you get that "Hmmmm I could eat something nice" feeling..... bahhh!
My wife has special hiding places for chocolate in the house, cause she knows if I find it, its gone
Old 30-08-2012, 05:58 AM   #19
rbl_4nik8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifoundlove View Post
Thanks for the kind reply.

I would also suggest getting to know what natural resources are available near to where you live as well. You can only survive 3 days without water so finding an alternative supply and knowing how to treat it to make it safe to drink should be a priority.

You can survive 3 weeks without food so this should be secondary to finding water.
If you have to go out and look for food your not going to last a week with out food, the more energy you burn without food the less your going to want to do in a few days. Sure you maybe able to get by without food for a few weeks IF you know help is coming but if you wait for a week to start looking for food odds are not good for the long term of things to come.

In the wild, hunting, gathering, stealing, are just a means of luck at first and over time maybe some skill, with a little luck thrown in. The key thing to think about if you have no food at the start or very little, start working on that right aways to, because if you wait 3 weeks your not going to want to then.

I never really liked the whole theory 3 days for water and weeks without food. Try going 3 days without food and still do your normal days and see how you feel after that, its not going to be good I can tell you that.

You much better off doing 3 days for both water and food, and sooner would be better even if you added a Stone or two, to your weight.

4.I am not that interested in seeking proof so to prove my point. doobyferkin
rbl_4nik8r is offline   Reply With Quote