Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Entertainment Industry > The Sports Bar

Old 16-07-2018, 02:44 PM   #1
sparkplug

Smile The DIF Premier League 18/19 thread

So, following on the from the World Cup Thread here is the Premier League 2018/2019 thread.

I know the league only kicks off in August but it makes sense to start it now as the world cup is over.

To get the ball rolling, who does everyone think will win it, top 4, and the relegation fodder?

I am going to say Man City will will it this season again, with Liverpool coming a very close 2nd, Spurs 3rd and Man Utd 4th. Unless there is a lot of transfer activity anyway.

The relegation candidates I think will be Cardiff, Huddersfield and Southampton.
sparkplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 03:13 PM   #2
the nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkplug View Post
So, following on the from the World Cup Thread here is the Premier League 2018/2019 thread.

I know the league only kicks off in August but it makes sense to start it now as the world cup is over.

To get the ball rolling, who does everyone think will win it, top 4, and the relegation fodder?

I am going to say Man City will will it this season again, with Liverpool coming a very close 2nd, Spurs 3rd and Man Utd 4th. Unless there is a lot of transfer activity anyway.

The relegation candidates I think will be Cardiff, Huddersfield and Southampton.
Why would spurs be 3rd?
What makes you think Pochetino will finish higher this season than last?
I think they will lose players this window.
Levy is no mug, he knows he has real value in this team and 3 trophy less season is seeing his investment peak whilst another poorer season will see the value start depreciating.. so I think he will start cashing in this window.

City will be the team to stop again, and the transfers associated with city indicate he wants even more this season from his team.

Liverpool look very good too and are looking to sort their defence out this window.

I'm hoping we can chase city down properly this season, but with no Paul Pogba I think that will be a bridge too far.. we must keep pogba and get him playing advanced midfield, the though balls he has shown capability of for France needs to be utilised this season if united are serious about challenging
"Masonry, like all the Religions, all the Mysteries, Hermeticism and Alchemy, conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be misled;
The truth must be kept secret, and the masses need a teaching proportioned to their imperfect reason… - Albert Pike Sharpen & Use your reasoning daily - the nine
the nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 03:14 PM   #3
the nine

We must wait and see who arsenal appoint as their new manager and also see how Sarri does at Chelsea
"Masonry, like all the Religions, all the Mysteries, Hermeticism and Alchemy, conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be misled;
The truth must be kept secret, and the masses need a teaching proportioned to their imperfect reason… - Albert Pike Sharpen & Use your reasoning daily - the nine
Old 16-07-2018, 03:26 PM   #4
white light

Chelsea to win, Spurs second, Man City and Arsenal to go down. Lol.

Doh! but I don't follow the league. Cup matches only for me.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 03:27 PM   #5
sparkplug

I think Spurs will up their game this season in order to keep Harry Kane at the club. Whether that will be long term I don't know, but he is their star man and they need to keep him happy. One of the Spurs defenders is linked with Utd but I can't remember which one off hand. Pochetino turned down Real Madrid, which normally doesn't happen, so I think he has a plan for Spurs.

Liverpool, my team, need a keeper. Karius isn't good enough, Mignolet isn't good enough, and Danny Ward is only seen as a number 2. The defence is nearly there but I don't think Lovren is as good as he thinks he is.

Arsenal have a lot of work to do, their new manager Unai Emery has to sort out the mess Wenger has left the team in, too many average and underperforming players and a goalkeeper that needs binning off. And an owner that won't spend the money despite all the promises that were made before moving to the new stadium.

Chelsea are falling apart and it looks like Hazard and Courtios are leaving to go to Real Madrid. Another year, another manager. It's like a revolving door. Player power rules there and I wonder how long the new manager will last. Roman doesn't seem to want to flash the cash as much as he used to.

Pogba hasn't done much at Utd since joining, IMO. Maybe he will be sold in the summer. He's been a lot better player at the world cup, if he can bring that form back to Utd it will benefit them, but if not he will just be the overated player with the daft haircuts and the silly emojis.
Old 16-07-2018, 03:33 PM   #6
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
Chelsea to win, Spurs second, Man City and Arsenal to go down. Lol.

Doh! but I don't follow the league. Cup matches only for me.
nah Chelsea is weak, just hype.
I reckon Arsenal.
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 03:36 PM   #7
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
nah Chelsea is weak, just hype.
I reckon Arsenal.
Chelsea's my team, so I have to say them. And I currently have no idea of the state of things at club level.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 03:54 PM   #8
bamboozooka

moureen is the new allardice. tactically useless and parks 2 buses. i'm sure he will single handedly ruin utds academy.

man city the team to beat again.

did leicester city sneak some sonic binoculars a couple of years ago?
bamboozooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 03:57 PM   #9
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboozooka View Post
moureen is the new allardice. tactically useless and parks 2 buses. i'm sure he will single handedly ruin utds academy.

man city the team to beat again.

did leicester city sneak some sonic binoculars a couple of years ago?
ah white light, my apologies. Fear not! I reckon Chelsea probably have a pair of binocular or two....Abramovich is Russian and loaded.
Buy a pair of binocular is probably like buying a packet of crisps.

Last edited by elshaper; 16-07-2018 at 03:58 PM.
Old 16-07-2018, 04:52 PM   #10
the nine

Quote:
I think Spurs will up their game this season in order to keep Harry Kane at the club. Whether that will be long term I don't know, but he is their star man and they need to keep him happy. One of the Spurs defenders is linked with Utd but I can't remember which one off hand. Pochetino turned down Real Madrid, which normally doesn't happen, so I think he has a plan for Spurs.

Liverpool, my team, need a keeper. Karius isn't good enough, Mignolet isn't good enough, and Danny Ward is only seen as a number 2. The defence is nearly there but I don't think Lovren is as good as he thinks he is.

Arsenal have a lot of work to do, their new manager Unai Emery has to sort out the mess Wenger has left the team in, too many average and underperforming players and a goalkeeper that needs binning off. And an owner that won't spend the money despite all the promises that were made before moving to the new stadium.

Chelsea are falling apart and it looks like Hazard and Courtios are leaving to go to Real Madrid. Another year, another manager. It's like a revolving door. Player power rules there and I wonder how long the new manager will last. Roman doesn't seem to want to flash the cash as much as he used to.

Pogba hasn't done much at Utd since joining, IMO. Maybe he will be sold in the summer. He's been a lot better player at the world cup, if he can bring that form back to Utd it will benefit them, but if not he will just be the overated player with the daft haircuts and the silly emojis.
Do you blame Roman?
The money he has invested in London and the premier league, yet the govt refused him a visa!!
He had to become an Israeli citizen to get his English visa renewed..
The amount of anti Russian propaganda in all walks of Britain is frightening if we consider the ramifications
Old 16-07-2018, 05:23 PM   #11
hokuspokus

Man City or Liverpool for me.
Man Utd 3rd but still parking the bus.
Spurs at a disadvantage because pre season in chaos
also depending on which news report you believe their
new ground will\will not be ready on time.
Arsenal and Chelsea in transition so who knows?

Going down ?

Cardiff Huddersfield Newcastle.
hokuspokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 06:36 PM   #12
the nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokuspokus View Post
Man City or Liverpool for me.
Man Utd 3rd but still parking the bus.
Spurs at a disadvantage because pre season in chaos
also depending on which news report you believe their
new ground will\will not be ready on time.
Arsenal and Chelsea in transition so who knows?

Going down ?

Cardiff Huddersfield Newcastle.
I think Newcastle will be stronger this season.
Benitez finished well eventually and is establishing them as a premier league team.
That Jonjo Shelvy plays world class against united, he is a game raising Cnut and Benitez needs to find away of getting more consistency out of him and they will be ok.
Old 16-07-2018, 06:42 PM   #13
the nine

I've no idea why people keep placing Liverpool and spurs above united when neither of them have ever been able to win a premier league where 3 points for a win!
They have both won leagues where tactical draws can clench the title, but in a league where you must win consistently, they are behind Blackburn and Leicester who both have more premier league titles than them.

So if form means anything, both spurs and Liverpool will be also rans until they up their game.
We shall see if mourino still has it, as he is the master of winning the premier league out of the managers.
Old 16-07-2018, 08:12 PM   #14
sparkplug

Quote:
Originally Posted by the nine View Post
I've no idea why people keep placing Liverpool and spurs above united when neither of them have ever been able to win a premier league where 3 points for a win!
They have both won leagues where tactical draws can clench the title, but in a league where you must win consistently, they are behind Blackburn and Leicester who both have more premier league titles than them.

So if form means anything, both spurs and Liverpool will be also rans until they up their game.
We shall see if mourino still has it, as he is the master of winning the premier league out of the managers.
Liverpool and Spurs play better football than Utd, and if Liverpool didn't have the Champions League last season they would have finished above Utd.

Yep, Liverpool and Spurs haven't won the Premier League, Liverpool have finished 2nd a few times but can't quite get over the line, Spurs have also finished 2nd. Liverpool have won the league 18 times though, but some people think football was only invented in 1992.

Mourinho seems to be in decline as a manager. Real Madrid kicked him out, the players all hated him. Same at Chelsea. You can see it bubbling away at Utd. Ibrahimavic walked out, Lukaku isn't happy, Pogba isn't happy, Luke Shaw is fat and not happy as well.

I bet Ronaldo would have gone back to Utd if Mourinho wasnt there.

The Chelsea owner is a political thing for sure. I think he will sell up pretty soon.
Old 16-07-2018, 09:05 PM   #15
the nine

Quote:
Liverpool and Spurs play better football than Utd, and if Liverpool didn't have the Champions League last season they would have finished above Utd.

Yep, Liverpool and Spurs haven't won the Premier League, Liverpool have finished 2nd a few times but can't quite get over the line, Spurs have also finished 2nd. Liverpool have won the league 18 times though, but some people think football was only invented in 1992.

Mourinho seems to be in decline as a manager. Real Madrid kicked him out, the players all hated him. Same at Chelsea. You can see it bubbling away at Utd. Ibrahimavic walked out, Lukaku isn't happy, Pogba isn't happy, Luke Shaw is fat and not happy as well.

I bet Ronaldo would have gone back to Utd if Mourinho wasnt there.

The Chelsea owner is a political thing for sure. I think he will sell up pretty soon.
Sounds like a lot of ifs... lol
I like the way everyone is writing mourino off, I think that will bring the best out of him.
We shall see how the season pans out, should be interesting
I wonder what odds are for a Burnley premier league win?
Should be high
Old 16-07-2018, 09:24 PM   #16
sparkplug

Quote:
Originally Posted by the nine View Post
Sounds like a lot of ifs... lol
I like the way everyone is writing mourino off, I think that will bring the best out of him.
We shall see how the season pans out, should be interesting
I wonder what odds are for a Burnley premier league win?
Should be high
You would have to be high if you think Burnley could win the Premier League Mr Nine

But in this crazy world of football you never know for sure.

I can't wait for the season to start, still a lot of transfers to start now the world cup is over, that will help shape the season for a lot of teams.

Will Harry Kane stay at Spurs? Will Gareth Bale leave Real Madrid? Will Vardy leave Leicester? Will Neymar leave PSG?

Lot's of twists and turns and friendlies to come before the beginning of August.
Old 20-07-2018, 01:27 PM   #17
elshaper
Inactive

gaarrh!
Guys, there is such thing as pre-season matches before we jump to the Premier League. It was advertised in the newspaper.

Man City v Dortmund is tomorrow!!
It appears that the favourite is Dortmund... How could it be if Man City was to win the Premier League?!
Old 22-07-2018, 01:42 PM   #18
elshaper
Inactive

Is anybody out there?!
Or Have you all gone on holiday?
Old 22-07-2018, 01:50 PM   #19
the nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
gaarrh!
Guys, there is such thing as pre-season matches before we jump to the Premier League. It was advertised in the newspaper.

Man City v Dortmund is tomorrow!!
It appears that the favourite is Dortmund... How could it be if Man City was to win the Premier League?!
Dortmund play in the German league, City are champions of the English premier league..
Dortmund beat city 1-0

These friendlies are just club revenue geneerators and an attempt by all clubs playing in foreign countries to increase their fan base.

Edit:
United are playing the 'earthquakes' tonight..
http://www.wheresthematch.com/Footba...ter-United.asp

Last edited by the nine; 22-07-2018 at 01:55 PM.
Old 22-07-2018, 01:57 PM   #20
elshaper
Inactive

Liverpool vs Dortmund against tonight.
Another of strong team. Will Enlish team win?