Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News > Finance

Old 15-12-2008, 05:21 PM   #1
hagbard_celine

Default Jeremy Clarkson on Financial Meltdown

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/dri...cle5292547.ece

I too feel chilled by the recent turn if events. I've just walked past my local Woolworths and saw CLOSING DOWN SALE on it. After 99 years Woolies is bankrupt! It's a British institution that has survived all the recessions of the past. What's happening!?

"Because he refused to compete in games for domination he was indomitable."
from The Dispossessed by Ursula le Guin
hagbard_celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 06:02 PM   #2
Firewand

Yes i know, a friend gave me a copy of the article last week, Clarkson has a cult following on his articles and many will take note!
Firewand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 06:16 PM   #3
thenymph

Default Jeremy Clarkson on Financial Meltdown

JC spoke very similarly on Simon Mayo's Radio 5 Live - a couple of weeks ago. He was talking very seriously about allotments and growing food etc and how much worse it will be getting. If I can find it, I'll post the link to the interview.

Just had a look at the podcasts - it's more than 7 days ago and no longer available.

Last edited by thenymph; 15-12-2008 at 06:23 PM. Reason: update
thenymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 06:32 PM   #4
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagbard_celine View Post

I too feel chilled by the recent turn if events. I've just walked past my local Woolworths and saw CLOSING DOWN SALE on it. After 99 years Woolies is bankrupt! It's a British institution that has survived all the recessions of the past. What's happening!?
In my opinion, they need us to BELIEVE that the economy is about to collapse and THEN they can collapse it. Woolies is an obvious way of getting the average Joe to believe that the collapse will happen soon. We will then ACCEPT it and go rushing to exchange our savings into Euros, which will be the final piece of the jigsaw IN MY OPINION. And they can they then give us the solution to the problem. One world government and one world currency.
We need to spread this type of information so that when it happens the people will not be in the dark of how it is gonna happen and more importantly WHY.
steevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 06:39 PM   #5
red_ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by steevo View Post
In my opinion, they need us to BELIEVE that the economy is about to collapse and THEN they can collapse it.
I agree. Because if we didn't watch the news, would we even know there was a recession on?

Would there even be a recession on?

But a fellow senator wisely disputed the idea.

For, he said, if the slaves were to see how many strong they stood, they could revolt...
red_ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 06:53 PM   #6
dreamweaver

Quote:

Have you actually been inside a Woolies in recent years? It was a classic example of a failing business, which was being deliberately wound down and fleeced by the shareholders lining their pockets while they could. So it's no real surprise that they went to the wall to be honest.

But I feel very sorry for the workers, obviously.
Old 15-12-2008, 06:58 PM   #7
lightgiver

IMHO,it as all been orchestrated.resources are running low and energy problems all created by the way,something as to give,to many people crowded together ,squished up like sardines,does anyone really believe the world can go on as it is,it is unsustainable,the earth only as so much,its gonna run out one day and if we do not get our shit together pretty soon its gonna get a lot worse,we all need to slow down,that is the way forward
Everybody just chill and slow it down.
and to be honest half of the shit out there in the shops is garbage,people just shop for the sake of shopping,its all rubbish,we all are going to have to change our lifestyles,we will have no choice about it soon.
Its a good thing also that some do not work,what's with all the everybody as to work,remember why women's lib was funded,to get woman back to work,so they could be taxed,and the kids could be indoctrinated early if they got them into schooling early,the thing is now its all back firing,to much to soon.we will end up like it use to be,for the better,mind you.

Last edited by lightgiver; 15-12-2008 at 07:07 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 07:00 PM   #8
dreamweaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_ram View Post
I agree. Because if we didn't watch the news, would we even know there was a recession on?

Would there even be a recession on?
It's easy to think that if you're in steady employment and your job isn't under immediate threat. But I left a very steady and quite reasonably paid job a few months ago (the control freakery and micromanagement was doing my head in) and I can tell you that "out here" the job market is very, very bad indeed.

I'm just about managing to find work but it's all been short term and less money than I was on, others are in a much worse position than me. Unemployment is set to reach two million by the end of this year and three million by the middle of next year.
Old 15-12-2008, 08:33 PM   #9
diamond dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
Have you actually been inside a Woolies in recent years? It was a classic example of a failing business, which was being deliberately wound down and fleeced by the shareholders lining their pockets while they could. So it's no real surprise that they went to the wall to be honest.

But I feel very sorry for the workers, obviously.
I agree.. I honestly can't remember the last time I brought anything from a Woolies store..it had lost it's identity. It was famous for lots of things in the halcyon days but into the 80's and beyond when they started to lose Cd sales, Tesco and other supermarkets sold everything..their days were numbered as they did not change with the times...

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Oh, look out you rock 'n rollers
Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Pretty soon you're gonna get a little older
Time may change me
But I can't trace time
I said that time may change me
But I can't trace time
''Media control is still based in the main on cultural manipulation. It's just so easy to do. When you set up one set of objectives toward the public and you've given them a certain definition for each code word, you hit them with the various code words and they're not going to believe anything if you don't want them to." Bowie
diamond dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 10:29 PM   #10
lightgiver

Its funny that the elites want everybody else to change,but it never includes them

Last edited by lightgiver; 15-12-2008 at 10:31 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 10:36 PM   #11
diamond dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
Its funny that the elites want everybody else to change,but it never includes them

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=OJtgEfIla0A
I like it
''Media control is still based in the main on cultural manipulation. It's just so easy to do. When you set up one set of objectives toward the public and you've given them a certain definition for each code word, you hit them with the various code words and they're not going to believe anything if you don't want them to." Bowie

Last edited by diamond dogs; 15-12-2008 at 10:37 PM.
diamond dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 10:38 PM   #12
red_ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
It's easy to think that if you're in steady employment and your job isn't under immediate threat. But I left a very steady and quite reasonably paid job a few months ago (the control freakery and micromanagement was doing my head in) and I can tell you that "out here" the job market is very, very bad indeed.

I'm just about managing to find work but it's all been short term and less money than I was on, others are in a much worse position than me. Unemployment is set to reach two million by the end of this year and three million by the middle of next year.
I speak as a temporary worker whose position is far from secure. I, like you, left a job where control freakery and micromanagement were doing my head in. The difference is, my positive mindset got me work for six months and counting, when originally it was going to be for only two weeks.

This reality is built on preconceived ideas. The biggest supplier of preconceived ideas is the news, and those ideas aren't healthy.

But a fellow senator wisely disputed the idea.

For, he said, if the slaves were to see how many strong they stood, they could revolt...
red_ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 02:13 AM   #13
elysiumfire

Personally, I think we are all to blame according to the measure in which we each can be. Society is imploding through indifferent hedonistic lifestyles. We all want the comfort of what interests us, stimulates us, stops us from glaring too much at the reality of the situation. In short, we all want to live a life of escapism, and open-ended credit gave it to us, but now gargantuan corruption has started to topple the dominoes, and somewhere in the chains of downfalls, each of us are placed...our turn will come shortly.

I for one do not care that society is collapsing. I do not care who gets hurt, who suffers, who survives and who doesn't. However, this non-caring attitutde does not extend to future generations, we are punishing them now, even before they walk the planet and breathe its polluted air. As a conscious and sentient species we are failing big time. Be under no conspiratorial illusion, this is not stage-managed or manufactured, it is one simple big mis-managed uncaring mess.

Yes, it creates a opportunity to devise and implement globalised government, and if the mess gets big enough, hurtful enough, people will plead for globalised government, they will abidicate their freedoms in order to gain lesser amounts of their hedonistic addictions. Fortunately, the natural life span of the male entitles me to leave this shithole sometime over the next 20 years, believe me, I'll have my bags packed and be happy to go!

Bring it on I say, let the consequences be what ever they will be. It needs to happen...it is the only way that we all become equalized, no more rich and poor, fed and unfed, healthy and sick; we all become the same...the dying impoverished, self-marked for extinction in an abbatoir of our own making.
That grows to seed; things rank and gross in nature
Possess it merely. This is the way of our lives!
elysiumfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 03:12 AM   #14
wabbitpoo

Since when did J Clarkson become a guru? I wouldn't let hom guide your principles, if I were you.

I do agree that the recession has become a self-fulfilling prophesy, caused by the scare-mongering in the MSM - we wouldnt have had a run on Northern Rock if it hadnt been blown up on telly.

Bring it on, I say. We all get what we deserve
wabbitpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 09:31 AM   #15
icke_is_right

Default The chicken or the egg.

I like all the ideas about belief in this thread but I see this belief thing this way:

They got the population to believe in paper currency first.

Now they are revealing the ridiculous truth.

So, it doesn't take a genius to work out what's more valuable and harder to produce:

Can of baked beans.

£50 note.

The obvious truth has been written about for years in financial circles but the general population aren't bothered. I've seen comments like 'all this finance stuff bores me to death'. Yet your lives are based around it unless you're living a self sufficient lifestyle.

There is good reason that the one of the things that you spend most of your life around/earning ie money, isn't taught in schools.

If you are working as an employee, it's likely that 20-40% of your life is spent working for the govt first before you get your pay. Then your pay is wittled away with other taxes on things you buy and depreciation by the govt printing more and more money etc.. People are now getting a little bit uncomfortable and are confronted with the truth. It's always been like this in recent decades.

I've often said to friends that the hope of house price appreciation was really the only thing that kept most people going in the UK. It made all the shit worthwhile. Now that house of cards is revealing itself. It was truely an obsession where people devoted all their spare time to house improvements and property. People even began to think that they were clever. Money does that to people.

The illusion was much harder to create than take away. Forget the fun about UFO's, one of the major issues surrounding this conspiracy is the manipulation of money, we've all been had but it's time to decide not to be eternal suckers and confront the things that our daily illusions are based upon.

We Will Win: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbaemWIljeQ
Focus on what you want, never give up, it will come.

Last edited by icke_is_right; 16-12-2008 at 09:36 AM.
icke_is_right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 09:43 AM   #16
anthony65
Inactive

Quote:

British institution?

The English branch of the originally Pennsylvania-founded Woolworths stores, F W Woolworth & Co, Ltd was founded by Frank Woolworth in Liverpool, England in 1909

Woolworths was founded by F.W. Woolworth who was born in Rodman New York.

Here is the family tomb in the Bronx...

The symbolism is not very subtle...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...odlawn_jeh.JPG

Last edited by anthony65; 16-12-2008 at 09:43 AM.
anthony65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 09:59 AM   #17
academylin

Quote:
Originally Posted by steevo View Post
In my opinion, they need us to BELIEVE that the economy is about to collapse and THEN they can collapse it. Woolies is an obvious way of getting the average Joe to believe that the collapse will happen soon. We will then ACCEPT it and go rushing to exchange our savings into Euros, which will be the final piece of the jigsaw IN MY OPINION. And they can they then give us the solution to the problem. One world government and one world currency.
We need to spread this type of information so that when it happens the people will not be in the dark of how it is gonna happen and more importantly WHY.
I am struggling a little in understanding this concept.
I BELIEVE the economy is collapsing, regardless of whether it is in any form of media news, the implications are apparant on the High Street, ie) 3 shop asisstants, no customers.... in one shop after the other.
In a seasonal town ( in which I live ) this is an ongoing winter epidemic, aided not by the closure of the main airport ! ( Thanks Council !! ) however, how then will the people from this town, who live " hand to mouth " and have no savings, then be affected by rushing to change their non existent savings into euros.... and anyway if the price of the euro is stronger why does this not make sense ? Thinking aloud now, bear with me.. I am not aware of retail outlets actually taking the euro as payment, does this happen, and forgive me, as I said, sleepy ( backward ) holiday capital of England calling..... and also when I claimed some cash from another site from which I get paid dollars and then converted into sterling, ( I know the pound is weak, but when you/re expecting close to sixty quid and get thirty, ) It confuses me as to what is the best to do. leave the cash to acumalate and draw it next time the pound is strong.. convert it to euros......take the dollar rate and move to California..
See told you I was thinking aloud !
Problem, reaction, solution...
California here I come, la la la .....
academylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 10:12 AM   #18
beldazar

Yep! Know what you mean Academylin

A friend of mine came round the other day and she is furious with the airport situation. As she explained, she was able to book some very cheap flights out of here but no longer

I agree with you about not getting Steevo's post, the economy is designed to crash, I dont think that its happening just because we think it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sipD...layer_embedded
beldazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 10:16 AM   #19
icke_is_right

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Top-Gear.html

Will this be the beginning of the end for Clarky?

We Will Win: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbaemWIljeQ
Focus on what you want, never give up, it will come.
icke_is_right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 10:18 AM   #20
academylin

In fact Jeremy Clarkson makes the most sense.. talk about saying how it really is. Laymans terms indeed and no A level economics in sight ( ditto )
Stuff the allotment idea though, veggies take too long to grow and by the amount of looting and rioting which inevitably will occour, this will be pointless, I am going to get a great big fook off rucksack and a shed load of space rations.. first stop Millets !
See you on the flip !
academylin is offline   Reply With Quote