Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News > Finance

Old 25-08-2011, 03:48 PM   #81
wake_up_bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesleypumpshaft View Post
I read a really interesting article the other day about how half people in the UK in the middle income bracket don't have any money left over after paying for essentials. The article states that this is very bad for the economy.

So while the nature of capitalism is that the corporations want to give people less in return for more they are actually shooting themselves in the foot. If people can't spend on luxuries this is going to affect the profits of many businesses and the number of people who are living hand to mouth is only going to increase.
I'm sure the number of people living from payday to payday is very high indeed, and will only get higher. With regards to the second point, I think certain corporations that seem huge are slightly vulnerable, someone like Sony for example, but the big market leaders that deal with essentials, like Tesco, Wal-Mart, ExxonMobil, General Electric, even someone like Coca-Cola, are pretty untouchable. Plus, I think increasingly you will see that they have a fertile market in the likes of China, India, Russia and Brazil.

I think in the West those of us that are able to be self-sufficient, or at least have some element of self-sufficiency in our lifestyle, will be in a better position to cope in the future.
wake_up_bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 03:55 PM   #82
khepera2010

Location: A vassal State of the EUSSR-formerly known as Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesleypumpshaft View Post
Well good for you mate Sometimes people do get jobs when they volunteer for an organisation like you have been doing, you usually need to have been volunteering for a long time though. Are you enjoying it?
Yes it's ok. It's only 3 hours a day, 3 days a week and it keeps me motivated and I love animals. Not sure how much longer I can continue because I have to travel some distance for both of them and petrol prices are an issue - redundancy pay out will only last so long .

I enjoy doing this because I 'volunteered' for it but if some twat in an office somewhere thinks an Engineer is going to make a good shelf stacker at Tesco's for 65 quid a week dole money then he's sorely misfuckingtaken.

Last edited by khepera2010; 25-08-2011 at 03:57 PM.
khepera2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 03:59 PM   #83
lesleypumpshaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by khepera2010 View Post
Yes it's ok. It's only 3 hours a day, 3 days a week and it keeps me motivated. Not sure how much longer I can continue because I have to travel some distance for both of them and petrol prices are an issue - redundancy pay out will only last so long .

I enjoy doing this because I 'volunteered' for it but if some twat in an office somewhere thinks an Engineer is going to make a good shelf stacker at Tesco's for 65 quid a week dole money then he's sorely misfuckingtaken.
Don't they reimburse your travel expenses?

Sorry to hear about the redundancy, hope something decent turns up soon.
Old 25-08-2011, 04:15 PM   #84
dandyandys

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofthegrail View Post
In order to claim WTC you need to be working at least 16 hours a week.

It is not a matter of how it is spent. It is the basic principle of being entitled to the fruits of another's labour (which is the source of that tax) without giving anything back. That is what a thief does, and I have yet to see anyone who thinks that such behaviour is ok explain why JSA claimants should not simply burgle £65 a week instead (because it is exactly the same principle in action.

Will you please stop using disinfo to promote slave labour. If over 25/under 50 and no dependants you need to work 30 hours minimum to claim working tax credit and a lot of these fake jobs have limits of 25 hours a week. You sound like you would feel more at home on the Taxpayer's Alliance website. By your reasoning someone on JSA (burglar) takes from the Taxman (legal burglar), so who is the real burglar?

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/taxcredits/st...ut-hours.htm#1

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeilzGarden?feature=mhum
dandyandys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 05:35 PM   #85
knightofthegrail
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandyandys View Post
Will you please stop using disinfo to promote slave labour. If over 25/under 50 and no dependants you need to work 30 hours minimum to claim working tax credit and a lot of these fake jobs have limits of 25 hours a week. You sound like you would feel more at home on the Taxpayer's Alliance website.
16 hours is the base minimum (and you need to have a dependent child or be registered as disabled). If you do not have a dependent child or are not disabled you need to work 30 hours. There is nothing "disinfo" in what I said and requiring that you work for your JSA is not slavery; you get paid, and you do not have to work (you can go without claiming JSA).

Quote:
By your reasoning someone on JSA (burglar) takes from the Taxman (legal burglar), so who is the real burglar?
Stealing from a thief who did not steal from you to begin with does not mean that you also are not a thief. If you think you have a right to what others have gained by their labour, without giving anything back, is theft. Tis fairly straighforward.
knightofthegrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 06:39 PM   #86
dandyandys

Quote:
16 hours is the base minimum (and you need to have a dependent child or be registered as disabled). If you do not have a dependent child or are not disabled you need to work 30 hours. There is nothing "disinfo" in what I said and requiring that you work for your JSA is not slavery; you get paid, and you do not have to work (you can go without claiming JSA).
What a beautiful contradiction, thank you. You can't work and claim Jobseeker Allowance at the same time. Yet these jobs are designed to keep you on benefits. Every society needs an underclass as govt can use said tax monies to create several jobs (job advisor, legal aid solicitor, police,etc) from one individual. How many jobs would disappear without an underclass? If unfortunate to find oneself without an income (a means to eat) there is no way to survive without money. Some choose to do crime, others don't. Claiming JSA is not a crime, it is used to the benefit of the system to subsidise itself. Economies are based on everyone in it contributing to it. JSA claimants are consumers too. You should research how the whole system works instead of condemning people you haven't met. You try to come across as superior because you don't have to claim JSA, but you are still an underclass, sorry.

Quote:
Stealing from a thief who did not steal from you to begin with does not mean that you also are not a thief. If you think you have a right to what others have gained by their labour, without giving anything back, is theft. Tis fairly straighforward.
Tax is takes is tax is takes. Everyone pays tax (VAT,Fuel Duty,etc) = the taxman steals from everyone, I'm glad you agree with me

Old 25-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #87
knightofthegrail
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandyandys View Post
What a beautiful contradiction, thank you. You can't work and claim Jobseeker Allowance at the same time.
Yes you can. Even now you are allowed to engage in vollunteer work; but hey, dont let that stop you promoting entitlement and thievery. The only difference between a JSA claimant who refuses to give back and an expenses dipping MP is the amount taken.

Quote:
Claiming JSA is not a crime, it is used to the benefit of the system to subsidise itself. Economies are based on everyone in it contributing to it. JSA claimants are consumers too. You should research how the whole system works instead of condemning people you haven't met. You try to come across as superior because you don't have to claim JSA, but you are still an underclass, sorry.
You should try reading the entire post. If you did you will see that I'm not condemning JSA claimants but rather those who claim JSA and refuse to give anything back.
knightofthegrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 07:21 PM   #88
vagrant
Banned

Quote:
You should try reading the entire post. If you did you will see that I'm not condemning JSA claimants but rather those who claim JSA and refuse to give anything back.
Its my own observation that in the current jobs downturn many volunteer organizations are over subscribed and have selection protocols similar to corporate management. Basically some of them are just damn picky, if someone is offering their time and labour for free then charities that need help should do something about their superior and exclusive attitudes.
vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 07:22 PM   #89
sparkplug

If you owned a multi national company and didn't want to pay the minimum wage what better way to employ someone than for free!

This scheme stinks to high heaven and is an insult to anyone and everyone they force on it.

Don't think that everyone on the dole are scum, they're not.
sparkplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 07:56 PM   #90
dandyandys

Quote:
Yes you can. Even now you are allowed to engage in vollunteer work; but hey, dont let that stop you promoting entitlement and thievery. The only difference between a JSA claimant who refuses to give back and an expenses dipping MP is the amount taken.
Yes, you must first volunteer (slave) for 6-8 weeks before they start paying you. This pay works out about £20(if you're lucky) a week better than JSA and other benefits combined. You still need some housing benefit, your hours are restricted and you are trapped till the contract is up. The benefit cheats, who I am not encouraging, get out of these things as they know how to so you still have the cheats you so detest. It's unfortunate you are choosing to look past the reason this system exists and prefer to see all benefit claimants as cheats/thieves, but you are a good repeater so 'good doggy'.
Your comparisons between JSA claimants and 'fiddler' MP's is clearly flawed and does not represent your overall point that well. I am still to hear from you how said claimants are supposed to give back. Community work is acceptable but free workers for Tesco, surely not.

Quote:
Unless there are some claimants with offshore bank accounts, they do give back to the system (energy bills,food shopping,etc), every penny they receive. Even if they have drug habits, the dealer/pub landlord spends the money on the economy. You haven't shown what they take and don't give back.
You make me think of the Bill Hicks joke "do you dance in front of cripples?"

This is the reason economies are failing, not benefit claimants :

http://www.channel4.com/news/filthy-...out-tax-havens

Have a good evening, underclass brother

Old 25-08-2011, 08:03 PM   #91
vagrant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead View Post
This is it in a nutshell. If they really cared they would put £5billion into our rapidly becoming 3rd world infrastructure. Now that would provide purposefull work, which would truly benefit future generation's.
agreed! it's a club, they're putting the money into their own pockets while at the same time accusing people on benefits of being scroungers, it's the perfect scam.
vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote