Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Paranormal & Mysteries

Old 26-07-2011, 11:30 PM   #21
quietgirl
Inactive

Sorry, ragnarok! Try thinking of fluffy kittens, or something, instead!

Mandy
quietgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2011, 11:31 PM   #22
ragnarok
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietgirl View Post
Sorry, ragnarok! Try thinking of fluffy kittens, or something, instead!

Mandy
I've tried that and those fucking 10-legged spiders keep eating them!

Last edited by ragnarok; 26-07-2011 at 11:32 PM.
ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2011, 11:36 PM   #23
quietgirl
Inactive

Oh dear, I am sorry! Try and think of a nice animal that's too large for a camel spider to chow down, like a whale or something!

Mandy
Old 26-07-2011, 11:43 PM   #24
ragnarok
Banned

I'm still waiting to hear what their natural predators are? I don't suppose they have any, and that's why they grow so large, eh? What a pity!
Old 26-07-2011, 11:48 PM   #25
quietgirl
Inactive

I guess the only predator of the whale is mankind, which is typical!

Time I was in bed - 'tis very late! Hope you can get to sleep in spite of the camel spiders!

Mandy
Old 27-07-2011, 12:00 AM   #26
ragnarok
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietgirl View Post
I guess the only predator of the whale is mankind, which is typical!

Time I was in bed - 'tis very late! Hope you can get to sleep in spite of the camel spiders!

Mandy
I was talking about the predators of camel spiders! I've got nothing against whales as long as they stay out of my way with their big, daft heads and bodies.
Old 27-07-2011, 12:28 AM   #27
sylph

Quote:
Originally Posted by consciousness View Post
Why are spiders associated with darkness ?

In movies and even the occult, spiders are associated either with darkness the devil or something similiar.

i never understood that.
Because they make cobwebs which are associated with old unused haunted houses.
And they land on you from a web thread without warning and scare you, also run across the floor and come out at night....
And you can walk into a web and get them in your hair - that always makes me scream...

And they crawl into your mouth when you sleep....

Natural predator = my dog - he paws them, plays with them then eats them....
and expects me to kiss him after....I just give him a biscuit instead

Man made predator = my hoover tube extension thingy
unless there is a man that pretends not to be scared of them willing to put it out the window first.

Last edited by sylph; 27-07-2011 at 12:37 AM.
sylph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 05:15 AM   #28
thoughtmage

I now want a camel spider as a pet.
Old 27-07-2011, 06:50 AM   #29
irrepressible
Inactive

Huntsman Spider

There is a spider in this video obviously so if you're terrified of them don't watch. Don't worry it doesn't eat the guy or anything but I found it pretty funny!

irrepressible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 03:08 PM   #30
curtaincat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrepressible View Post
Huntsman Spider

There is a spider in this video obviously so if you're terrified of them don't watch. Don't worry it doesn't eat the guy or anything but I found it pretty funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRV4d9LCawU
That was really really funny, he has no experience in rescuing huntsman spiders at all!!

He should have used a long-handled duster to get it to drop , cos spiders on the ceiling will drop , that is what they do. Then quick as can be capture it in the plastic bowl , slide some cardboard underneath.. and then put it outside.
I have done that so many times, i cant remember, lol.

It looks like he may have accidently cut off a couple of legs, but the poor lil spider should survive, hope it is ok!

Huntsmans are harmless , well.. not poisonous and not likely to attack, more likely to run run run away, as fast as their legs can carry them.

It was a very funny video
curtaincat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 03:20 PM   #31
iwonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_n86 View Post
My girlfriend and I were talking about this yesterday, what is it about spiders that evoke so much fear in humans? Something must be imprinted in our DNA memory, something that happened between humans and spiders long ago. Maybe at some point, their were giant spiders that preyed upon early proto-humans. Just a thought.
My thoughts exactly.
The fear I have for spiders is... strange. Sometimes I fear them and sometimes I don't. It's really frustrating me because I know they won't harm me and I'm much bigger than they are, but they just provoke such fear. Usually when you fear something you have a reason for it. But this is just illogical. I have no idea why I'm afraid of them, but I am.
Old 27-07-2011, 03:35 PM   #32
saty

I would destroy all the spiders if i had the chance,they are pure evil.My top priority would be reptiles(snakes,crocodiles,frogs,comodo dragons etc..).There is no room for evil on this planet.

Last edited by saty; 27-07-2011 at 03:36 PM.
saty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 03:40 PM   #33
indica
Inactive

I've looked through this entire thread, and nobody has posted a picture of a big massive hairy spider to scare the arachnophobes!

Look at these beauties

There, much better.
indica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 03:42 PM   #34
saty

Quote:
Originally Posted by indica View Post
I've looked through this entire thread, and nobody has posted a picture of a big massive hairy spider to scare the arachnophobes!

Look at these beauties

There, much better.
They have a poweful built.If they were the same size as humans they would prolly be 10-15x stronger than the average human

Last edited by saty; 27-07-2011 at 03:43 PM.
saty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 04:05 PM   #35
irrepressible
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtaincat View Post
That was really really funny, he has no experience in rescuing huntsman spiders at all!!

He should have used a long-handled duster to get it to drop , cos spiders on the ceiling will drop , that is what they do. Then quick as can be capture it in the plastic bowl , slide some cardboard underneath.. and then put it outside.
I have done that so many times, i cant remember, lol.

It looks like he may have accidently cut off a couple of legs, but the poor lil spider should survive, hope it is ok!

Huntsmans are harmless , well.. not poisonous and not likely to attack, more likely to run run run away, as fast as their legs can carry them.

It was a very funny video
Yeah he's acting all Steve Irwin and as soon as it drops it's a different story! I hope the spider was okay too. Huntsman's seem like gentle giants, they just look scary, although I'm glad we don't have them in England!

Old 27-07-2011, 04:11 PM   #36
ragnarok
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwonder View Post
My thoughts exactly.
The fear I have for spiders is... strange. Sometimes I fear them and sometimes I don't. It's really frustrating me because I know they won't harm me and I'm much bigger than they are, but they just provoke such fear. Usually when you fear something you have a reason for it. But this is just illogical. I have no idea why I'm afraid of them, but I am.
I'm not afraid of them. I just don't like them. Some people get off on letting a tarantula crawl upon them, me, I can't think of many things I'd want to do less. And the more legs the creature has, the more I dislike them.

Yep, I'm legist! What of it?

Last edited by ragnarok; 27-07-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Old 27-07-2011, 04:11 PM   #37
irrepressible
Inactive

In our house, these guys

Seem to have driven away or killed these guys

I sort of prefer the spindly thin ones, they generally stay in the corners and don't bother me much. The big brown house spiders scare the shit out of me!
Old 27-07-2011, 04:32 PM   #38
iwonder

Quote:
In our house, these guys

Seem to have driven away or killed these guys

I sort of prefer the spindly thin ones, they generally stay in the corners and don't bother me much. The big brown house spiders scare the shit out of me!
FML
All the others are fine with me, I wouldn't mind keeping a tarantula as a pet either, but not daddy long-legs.
I remember when I was a little kid and I have seen a spider with extremely long legs, it was the biggest daddy long-legs spider I have ever seen. If I could compare the space it takes up to something I'd say... It would be a dot in the middle of my door and its legs would be the width of the door...
Yeah, it must be the legs.
I'm also not too keen on those bugs that look like spiders except they can fly. What are they called again?
Old 27-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #39
bargain84

Spiderboy!

bargain84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 04:39 PM   #40
curtaincat
Banned

Quote:
Yeah he's acting all Steve Irwin and as soon as it drops it's a different story! I hope the spider was okay too. Huntsman's seem like gentle giants, they just look scary, although I'm glad we don't have them in England!

lol, exactly what i thought, the steve irwin of spider world.. but so dumb as to climb a ladder, hahaha! so funny!

Huntsmans come into our house a lot, i am used to putting them outside, i dont even think about it.
Boyfriend says "spider alert" , it takes me ten seconds to get my rescue bowl and cardboard, and they are rescued and put outside. ( lol, he doesnt like spiders .. he leaves that to me)

they usually come in when it rains, so i am not surprised , it happens a lot in oz.

The vid was so funny, tho
curtaincat is offline   Reply With Quote