Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News > Politics / Elections

Old 25-01-2015, 12:17 PM   #1
amyturtle
Inactive

Default Greek Election Today - implausibly close?

It's funny, but under a month ago, the worlds media was in a tailspin about how a coalition of left leaning parties was set to win today's general election, after parliamentarians' decision to reject the government's candidate for election triggered a general election back in December.

The latest news appears to suggest that the race between Syriza and a "centre right" party is "very tight.

This reminds me of so many other "democratic" elections, where, almost implausibly, the results between the two contenders are often within a couple of percent or dramatically change in favour of the status-quo illuminati sponsored "choice".

For example, the Scottsh referendum, the US presidential election of 2000 and numerous other elections.

Greece's "make or break" election today appears to be no different

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30971612

Was the latest round of "quantitative easing" by the ECB done in order to pre-empt a possible Syrzia victory and in the event of them winning, shure up the panic that's bound to ensue inside the EU ?

Last edited by amyturtle; 25-01-2015 at 12:22 PM.
amyturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 12:37 PM   #2
gremlin

Greece will go the same way as sweden.
gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 12:57 PM   #3
eddieb

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyturtle View Post
It's funny, but under a month ago, the worlds media was in a tailspin about how a coalition of left leaning parties was set to win today's general election, after parliamentarians' decision to reject the government's candidate for election triggered a general election back in December.

The latest news appears to suggest that the race between Syriza and a "centre right" party is "very tight.

This reminds me of so many other "democratic" elections, where, almost implausibly, the results between the two contenders are often within a couple of percent or dramatically change in favour of the status-quo illuminati sponsored "choice".

For example, the Scottsh referendum, the US presidential election of 2000 and numerous other elections.

Was the latest round of "quantitative easing" by the ECB done in order to pre-empt a possible Syrzia victory and in the event of them winning, shure up the panic that's bound to ensue inside the EU ?
My Wife on her daily trek around the newspapers of the World also reads many different forums. One of these forums has an English woman who lives on a Greek island.
At the last Greek election she was amazed when the party that appeared to be going to win by a very large margin actually lost. She expressed her amazement by saying that the whole island was Pink ( the colour of the aforementioned party ) yet they lost.
It will indeed be interesting to see how close this election is, i.e 51% to 49%?
eddieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 01:12 PM   #4
nwonow

John Major victory in 1992. Absolute massive election steal, right in front of people's eyes. And people fell for the sham excuse that voters were too embarressed to admit being tory. Lolz. Only time polls have been way out - until scotland referendum - but the UK populace suck it up and believe it.
nwonow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 01:28 PM   #5
borsabil

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyturtle View Post

Syrzia's main appeal is to those who've been fucked over by the austerity program. But they're also hideously dishonest, like all far left parties. Greece can do one of two things, they can go with the ECB/EU austerity and hope to beg their way to more debt write downs (they've already had a massive one) OR they can up an leave the EMU, default on their debts and write them off, which would mean being immediately frozen out of international capital markets for years, so no more borrowing. This would be workable as long as the Greek government committed to living within it's means, if they tried to print money to pay for pensions and the like they'd end up with a vicious hyperinflation.

Syrzia has decided it can have the best of both worlds. On the one hand they want to stay in the EMU and keep ready access to cheap borrowings from the ECB, OTOH they want to repudiated most of their debt. A program like that is of course popular, and will appeal beyond the core constituency of delusional dumb arses who support the far left, however as reality draws nearer and their 'you can have your cake and eat it too' bullshit is exposed some of their supporters drift away. So sorry no, I don't see any great conspiracy here.
borsabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 04:42 PM   #6
amyturtle
Inactive

My opinion is that whichever party is most fortuitous for Goldman Sachs will win the election. There's probably no point in even debating which party would be "best" for the people of Greece, since the people of Greece will never get a look-in. Wild swings in voter sentiment always seem to conveniently happen at the last minute, wherever the election. Whichever political party bends over and spreads their cheeks the widest for the elite will be guaranteed electoral success. End of. My prediction is that Syriza will narrowly miss success the right-wing pro-austerity Goldman Sachs puppet will form the next "government" in Greece.

Last edited by amyturtle; 25-01-2015 at 04:43 PM.
amyturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 06:49 PM   #7
gremlin

A left-wing anti-austerity party is on course to win Greek's general election in a move which critics claim could leave the country bankrupt.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-election.html

So end the freemason capitalist's with the freemason communist's.
gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 06:56 PM   #8
bikerdruid
Banned

Location: north peace bioregion of north america's great boreal forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
So end the freemason capitalist's with the freemason communist's.
poor gremlin is doomed to be perpetually confused.
he will never figure out how to use an apostrophe properly.
bikerdruid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 07:02 PM   #9
h2pogo
Inactive

Exit polls suggesting big win for Syriza...Yay
h2pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 07:04 PM   #10
h2pogo
Inactive

I want to go to Greece this year if they ditch the Euro anyone know any good places?
Old 25-01-2015, 07:26 PM   #11
bikerdruid
Banned

Location: north peace bioregion of north america's great boreal forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2pogo View Post
I want to go to Greece this year if they ditch the Euro...
is that likely?
bikerdruid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 07:37 PM   #12
h2pogo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdruid View Post
is that likely?
Hard to say, only real real policy i read in their manifesto is to reclaim their sovereignty, if they actually do that, almost certain i would of thought.
Old 25-01-2015, 07:39 PM   #13
sparkplug

It will be all over the MSM tonight and tomorrow regardless of whom they vote for. But they need to get out of the EU for the sake of their country and people.

Loads of great places to on holiday in Greece. Zante and Crete are 2 places I have been to and really enjoyed.
sparkplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 07:52 PM   #14
mr kjell

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2pogo View Post
if they ditch the Euro anyone know any good places?
Not going to happen, Syriza is committed to EURO.

I see that Syriza is like Ukip, controlled opposition.

If Syriza was genuine, then it leaves EURO ja going to back Greece own currency Drakma.
mr kjell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 08:07 PM   #15
h2pogo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr kjell View Post
Not going to happen, Syriza is committed to EURO.

I see that Syriza is like Ukip, controlled opposition.

If Syriza was genuine, then it leaves EURO ja going to back Greece own currency Drakma.
So they are most probably full of as much shit as the lot of them..

Thought they said they were going to rip up the debt treaty with the troika and re negotiate, if no deal they would leave?

Have to question any ones integrity that would negotiate with criminals like that though..Does make me wonder if the rise of these "grass roots movements" are a way of getting us to want what they want us to want...Or like you say controlled oposition.
Old 25-01-2015, 08:11 PM   #16
tomwilson

I'm surprised more isnt being made of Golden Dawn heading for 3rd and now clearly a mainstream party.

If the Syriza government fails to deliver, it seems a definite possibility that opinion will swing towards Golden Dawn and they be outright winners next election.
tomwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 08:19 PM   #17
mrclub
Inactive

Greece is a beautiful country.
Everyone I know who travels there always wants to return.

For those doubting this new party, you will have to wait around six months to see who really controls it.
It could start the collapse of the EU(euro) or it could just sit and behave.
mrclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 08:20 PM   #18
mrclub
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwilson View Post
I'm surprised more isnt being made of Golden Dawn heading for 3rd and now clearly a mainstream party.
If the GD members had not been violently opposed, and sent to jail they would of been a lot higher in the polls.
mrclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 08:22 PM   #19
nwonow

Two of the last three greek elections have been won by the party demanding to end austerity and fight the EU. Didn't last long before the changed tune - just like Enda Kenny in Ireland.
nwonow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 08:31 PM   #20
onenarrowdoor
Inactive

Been to Crete, Rhodes and Zante - decent enough islands if you can avoid the drunken English. Zante was probably the least hassle, as it hadn't been discovered by the Neanderthals when I was there 25 years ago. Rhodes was already a nightmare back then in high season.

Lanzarote is the best beach holiday I've been on - 99% German.
onenarrowdoor is offline   Reply With Quote