Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News

Old 26-06-2010, 08:07 PM   #21
wakeup2nwo

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN...ondsNews&rpc=6

G8 leaders boost pressure on N.Korea, Iran

Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:52pm EDT

By David Ljunggren

HUNTSVILLE, Ontario, June 26 (Reuters) - The Group of Eight rich nations on Saturday deplored what it said was North Korea's sinking of a South Korean warship and urged Pyongyang and Tehran to halt nuclear programs which have set the world on edge.

The G8 closed its annual summit with a strongly worded statement accusing Pyongyang of stoking dangerous tensions that could spread far beyond northeast Asia.

"Such an incident is a challenge to peace and security in the region and beyond," the G8 final communique said at the end of a two-day meeting in Huntsville, Ontario, north of Toronto.

The group called for "appropriate measures" to be taken against the perpetrators of the March 26 attack which killed 46 South Korean sailors. The G8 includes Japan, Russia and the United States, which have been involved in talks along with China and South Korea to curb Pyongyang's nuclear program.

The group also pressed Israel and the Palestinians to work for direct peace talks, and said conditions in Gaza under an Israeli blockade were "not sustainable and must be changed."

A senior U.S. official said the strong G8 statement on North Korea would add to pressure over the Cheonan incident, which he said was an "egregious" violation of international norms.

South Korea is pressing for a U.N. resolution condemning North Korea for the attack, but Pyongyang's main backer, China, a veto-wielding permanent member of the Security Council, has not indicated it is ready to support such a move.

The G8 flagged mounting worries over North Korea's nuclear program, asking all nations to enforce existing U.N. sanctions against Pyongyang. It expressed "gravest concern about the nuclear test and missile activities" carried out by the North Korean government.

North Korea "does not, and cannot, have the status of a nuclear-weapon state in accordance with the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty," it said.

The rich nations club, which also includes Britain, Canada, France, Germany and Italy, also called on all nations to fully implement new U.N. sanctions on Tehran over its atomic program, which Western nations fear is aimed at producing weapons.

"We are profoundly concerned by Iran's continued lack of transparency regarding its nuclear activities and its stated intention to continue and expand enriching uranium, including to nearly 20 percent," the communique said.

Leading G8 nations helped shepherd through this month's new U.N. sanctions against Tehran -- hoping to boost pressure on Iranian leaders who have nevertheless vowed to keep promoting an atomic program they say is purely for peaceful purposes.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy said western nations were still willing to talk to Tehran, but would meanwhile push for even stronger unilateral sanctions as the United States and the European Union have already done.

"France wants even more severe sanctions on financial transactions and the reduction of imports of Iranian crude oil," Sarkozy told a news conference.

'IMPORTANT OPPORTUNITY' FOR AFGHANISTAN

The G8 leaders agreed that Afghan President Hamid Karzai would have an "important opportunity" at a conference next month in Kabul to show he is making good on pledges to improve governance and security as the nearly nine-year-old war in Afghanistan enters a pivotal phase.

With U.S. forces in Afghanistan due to hit 100,000 this summer and allies contributing a further 47,000 soldiers, Western countries are eager for signs of progress that will allow them to begin pulling out soldiers on schedule.

The war is widely unpopular, and doubts have grown about the overall strategy after President Barack Obama this week fired his top Afghan commander, General Stanley McChrystal, in the wake of an inflammatory magazine article.

"Everybody recognizes that the challenges there remain significant ... (and) pretty severe," Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper said at news conference.

"I think there's a general recognition around the G8 table that we have to continue to put our shoulder to the wheel to ultimately ensure that what we leave behind is a stable Afghanistan ... and not a potential source of terrorism or a potential failed state."

The G8 statement said it fully supported Karzai's efforts to strike a peace deal with moderate elements of the Taliban and said more credible and transparent parliamentary elections in September would mark a step forward for Afghan democracy.

The G8 urged both Israel and the Palestinians to keep working toward to direct peace talks, and expressed regret over the May 31 incident off Gaza that saw nine pro-Palestinian activists killed when Israeli commandos stormed an aid flotilla, earning international condemnation.

The group welcomed Israel's decision to set up an independent public commission to investigate the incident, and urged Israel to fully implement a decision to begin relaxing the blockade imposed on Hamas-ruled Gaza some three years ago.

"The current arrangements are not sustainable and must be changed," the communique said. (Reporting by the Reuters G20 team; Writing by Andrew Quinn, Editing by Peter Cooney and David Storey)
"Its plain to see that the seeds from you and me, will be the ones that lead us towards unity, that's if we treat them right, must teach them right, raise your kids better than you was and see what it does" EDI - Outlawz
wakeup2nwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 09:40 AM   #22
wakeup2nwo

http://lataan.blogspot.com/2010/06/coming-iran-war.html

Telling the History of the Twenty-First Century as it Really Is

Thursday, June 24, 2010
THE COMING IRAN WAR.
Last week twelve US warships and at least one Israeli warship passed through the Suez Canal on their way to the Red Sea. Included among the US fleet is the aircraft carrier, USS Harry S Truman. Today we learn that the Israeli Air Force have set up base at a Saudi airfield near Tabuk in north-west Saudi Arabia despite earlier denials from the Saudi government that it had given the Israelis permission to use its airspace to attack Iran. We also learn that American and possibly Israel forces are also gathering at bases in Azerbaijan at the north-west border of Iran.

While Israel’s war against Iran has absolutely nothing to do with Iran’s nuclear weapons program – Iran doesn’t have one and the Israelis and the US are fully aware of that – Israel and the US will need to launch any attack against Iran by first attacking Iran’s nuclear facilities in order to maintain the illusion that the casus belli for the war is, indeed, Iran’s nuclear weapons program. Since many of Iran’s nuclear facilities are in the north-west corner of the country, it should not be surprising that Azerbaijan be used by Israel and the US as a springboard to launch their attack against Iran. However, once the initial attack has been launched, US and Israeli air forces will then likely concentrate on pounding Iranian political and defence institutions for the purpose forcing Iran to capitulate and sue for a peace through the UN which the US will conditionally concede to providing Iran rids itself of President Ahmadinejad and gives up its nuclear program.

But, while the attack on Iran will be seen by the world as the main event, the real purpose for the war will be happening on Israel’s doorstep.

At the same time as Iran is being attacked, Israel, using the excuse of pre-empting retaliation for attacking Iran, will attack both Hezbollah in Lebanon and Hamas in the Gaza and then move to occupy south Lebanon up to the Litani River and the Gaza Strip. Israel will also likely fully occupy the West Bank.

This is the scenario that the US and Israel would prefer to see happen; a quick overwhelming move against all of Israel and America’s enemies that concludes with the defeat of the Iranian regime and, thus, regime change, together with the demise of Hezbollah and Hamas. This then will give the Israelis a free hand in creating a Greater Israel that ultimately includes the Gaza Strip, south Lebanon up to the Litani River, the West Bank and the Golan Heights. It will also provide the US with an even stronger ally in the Middle East and also a neutered enemy.

But can it work the way the Israelis and the US plan?

Invasion of Iran by the US is out of the question, (though the insertion of some special forces is highly likely in order to co-ordinate air strikes). Iran is a vast country that is some three times larger than Iraq. The US, considering its current ground troop commitments in Iraq and Afghanistan would not be able to effectively invade Iran. It would have to rely on an overwhelming aerial bombing campaign in order to prevail.

The instant any attack is launched against Iran, or Hezbollah or Hamas, there will likely be instant retaliation against Israel by at least Hezbollah and possibly Hamas. Both entities would, by this stage, realise that this fight will be to the finish. The fighting therefore will be intense and fearsome and there will be many casualties – mostly, of course, civilians. In a worst case scenario, depending on the intensity of the bombardment of Israel by Hezbollah, Israel may threaten the use of nuclear weapons against Lebanon unless Hezbollah cease their rocket attacks against Israel. Likewise, if Iran retaliates with a rocket attack against Israel, both the US and Israel may threaten the use of nuclear weapons against Iran. In the very worst case scenario, if Iran or Hezbollah used chemical or biological weapons, Israel and /or the US would actually use nuclear weapons with little or no warning in retaliation.

Whatever happens, a war against Iran will have devastating consequences one way or the other and for all sides.

It’s time for the peoples of the world to stand up and be heard before it is too late.
"Its plain to see that the seeds from you and me, will be the ones that lead us towards unity, that's if we treat them right, must teach them right, raise your kids better than you was and see what it does" EDI - Outlawz
Old 27-06-2010, 09:44 AM   #23
void

Quote:
Israel/U.S/Iran: build up to war: Updates!!
Why do I get the impression that you almost 'want' this to happen?
void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 10:09 AM   #24
velma

Quote:
Originally Posted by void View Post
No-one wants this, but it seems inevitable and like the Afghanistan, Iraq and Lebanese wars, 'we the people' were unable to stop it. Perhaps it will be different with Iran and the majority will take direct action to prevent it. Walking from Hyde Park to Trafalgar Square in protest doesn't work. I know, I've done it about half-a-dozen times...!
velma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 10:14 AM   #25
rodin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom1st View Post
Yeah, and the only ones to use them - TWICE!
I think the Invisible Empire behind Israel used them in Bali, Indonesian Tsunami, Haiti, 911 and probably other times.

I think the US did not have the nukes ready for Hiroshima and Nagasaki and used firebombs
rodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 10:27 AM   #26
freedom1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodin View Post
I think the Invisible Empire behind Israel used them in Bali, Indonesian Tsunami, Haiti, 911 and probably other times.

I think the US did not have the nukes ready for Hiroshima and Nagasaki and used firebombs
They are credited with having used them and so their hypocricy on this matter is still valid, ie. who are they to tell others what they can and can't do in relation to nuclear power/technology.

Having said that I do agree that there is good evidence to suggest that the blasts in Hiroshima and Nagasaki were firebombs and not nukes. And yes I agree that nukes probably have been used elsewhere, eg Tsunami. But most people are not aware of this, whereas they do know about Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

If the msm are going to promote the illusion that nukes have not been used at any time other than in Hiroshima and Nagasaki then they are still putting forward a scenario that makes the US look like hypocrites. I'm not going to dis-abuse them of that. This debate is taking place in msm after all and will be opposed or supported by people who are informed by the msm.
freedom1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 10:33 AM   #27
wakeup2nwo

Quote:
ive seen the build up to this war for over 2 years.. im just bringing it to peoples attention because the west's MSM isnt.. and nothing anyone says or does is going to stop me.. shills have tried and failed..
Old 27-06-2010, 10:40 AM   #28
void

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeup2nwo View Post
ive seen the build up to this war for over 2 years.. im just bringing it to peoples attention because the west's MSM isnt..

and nothing anyone says or does is going to stop me.. shills have tried and failed..
That's fine. I'm just pointing out - "Be careful what you wish for / pour your energy into".

Maybe you're right and maybe it is inevitable? Who knows.

I just sense a certain satisfaction and excitement (perhaps of being proved right?) in the reporting.

I may be wrong.
void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 10:57 AM   #29
wakeup2nwo

Quote:
That's fine. I'm just pointing out - "Be careful what you wish for / pour your energy into".

Maybe you're right and maybe it is inevitable? Who knows.

I just sense a certain satisfaction and excitement (perhaps of being proved right?) in the reporting.

I may be wrong.
check my posts.. i simply post the article in its raw form and dont even leave a comment.. so its not me reporting these things. its the newspapers..

so you are wrong and i dont wish for any of this.. dont be so afraid from the truth.. it dont bite id also get ya senses looked at...

Last edited by wakeup2nwo; 27-06-2010 at 10:58 AM.
Old 27-06-2010, 10:14 PM   #30
wakeup2nwo

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topic...7&parent_id=17

Iran nukes possible by 2012: CIA

Agencies/Washington
Iran has enough low-enriched uranium to make two weapons, which it could have prepared and ready for delivery as early as 2012, CIA director Leon Panetta warned yesterday.
“We think they have enough low-enriched uranium for two weapons,” Panetta told the ABC network’s This Week programme.
Tehran would need a year to enrich it fully to produce a bomb and it would take “another year to develop the kind of weapon delivery system in order to make that viable,” he said.
Iran is under mounting international pressure over its suspect nuclear programme, which the West fears masks a covert weapons drive.
The Islamic Republic vehemently denies the charge, but has been flexing its military muscle mainly in the strategic Gulf region by staging regular war games and showcasing an array of Iran-manufactured missiles.
“There is a continuing debate right now about whether or not they ought to proceed with a bomb. But they clearly are developing their nuclear capability and that raises concerns,” Panetta said. “Just exactly what are their intentions?”
Neither the US nor its top regional ally Israel, the sole if undeclared nuclear-armed power in the Middle East, have ruled out a military strike to curb Iran’s atomic drive.
“Israel is very concerned about what’s happening in Iran,” Panetta noted.
“We continue to share intelligence (with Israel) as to what exactly is Iran’s capacity,” Panetta told ABC, but added that Israel is “willing to give us the room to be able to try to change Iran diplomatically and culturally and politically.”
Tel Aviv, he said, feels “more strongly that Iran has already made the decision to proceed with the bomb, but at the same time they know that sanctions will have an impact.”
Panetta said the new sanctions could create serious economic problems and help weaken the Tehran government, but probably would not deter it from seeking a nuclear capability
“Will it deter them (Iran) from their ambitions with regards to nuclear capability? Probably not,” he said, adding that Iran was continuing to develop its nuclear know-how.
The US Congress this week endorsed a sweeping package of tough new energy and financial sanctions on Tehran over the programme, and on June 10 the UN Security Council adopted Resolution 1929, which imposes military and financial sanctions on Iran aiming to rein in the suspect nuclear drive.
The new US measures being sent to President Barack Obama for his signature, piled atop the UN Security Council and European sanctions, is aimed to choke off Iran’s access to imports of refined petroleum products like gasoline and jet fuel and curb its access to the international banking system.
The bill would also shut US markets to firms that provide Iran with refined petroleum products that the oil-rich nation must import to meet demand because of a weak domestic refining capability.
It also takes aim at firms that invest in Iran’s energy sector, including non-US companies that provide financing, insurance, or shipping services.
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has lashed out at the international community in the wake of sanctions, charging that the UN Security Council has become an “oppressive tool” of world powers.
In an outburst earlier this month against the Security Council for imposing the new round of sanctions, Ahmadinejad said the UN body had failed to resolve any key world issues, including conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Old 27-06-2010, 11:11 PM   #31
peterneilson

Quote:
But, while the attack on Iran will be seen by the world as the main event, the real purpose for the war will be happening on Israel’s doorstep.
No
The real purpose of the war is imposing totalitarian state (all but in name) in U.S. and all of its Western sattelites.
Quote:
No-one wants this, but it seems inevitable and like the Afghanistan, Iraq and Lebanese wars, 'we the people' were unable to stop it
True.
Although I wouldn’t say “we the people”.
Majority was NOT against the wars.
It never is…..with a bit of nudge, of course...

One thing, though.
Iran IS building a nuclear weapon.
It would be stupid not to.

The ONLY deterrence against “regime change”, by puppet masters, is nuclear capability of an intended target.
peterneilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 06:52 AM   #32
runciter
Inactive

Quote:
One thing, though.
Iran IS building a nuclear weapon.
It would be stupid not to.
it would be unwise to exclude this possibility

but till now all the z propaganda has been baseless
runciter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #33
wakeup2nwo

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/br....shtml?ref=rss

Russia Alarmed By CIA View Of Iran's Weapons

by Guy Faulconbridge

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said Sunday he was alarmed by U.S. assertions that Iran may have enough fuel for two nuclear weapons and warned that if confirmed the Islamic Republic may face new measures.

Central Intelligence Agency Director Leon Panetta told ABC's "This Week" television program that the agency thinks Iran has enough low-enriched uranium now for two weapons, but that Tehran would have to further enrich the material first.

"As to this information -- it needs to be checked," Medvedev told reporters in Toronto, where he was attending the Group of 20 summit of rich and emerging nations.

"In any case, such information is always alarming because today the international community does not recognize the Iranian nuclear program as transparent," Medvedev said.

Russian leaders rarely comment on CIA statements and Medvedev's sharp comments indicate the gulf that has grown between Moscow and Tehran over recent months.

The Kremlin and Tehran had a public row last month after Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad admonished the Kremlin for bowing to what he said was U.S. pressure to agree further sanctions.

Urged on by the Obama administration, the U.N. Security Council -- which includes Russia -- this month passed a resolution to impose new sanctions on Iran over its nuclear
Old 28-06-2010, 01:25 PM   #34
wakeup2nwo

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUST...100628?rpc=401

Iran wants to punish West, warns of retaliation
TEHRAN
Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:59am EDT
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad gestures while speaking during the opening of the International Conference of Islamic World Publishers in Tehran, June 20, 2010. REUTERS/Morteza Nikoubazl

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad gestures while speaking during the opening of the International Conference of Islamic World Publishers in Tehran, June 20, 2010.

Credit: Reuters/Morteza Nikoubazl

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran said Monday it intended to punish the West for imposing new sanctions by delaying talks on its nuclear plans and warned inspections of its ships in connection with the program could provoke retaliation.

World

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told a news conference that Iran was prepared to return to talks but only by the second half of the Muslim festival of Ramadan -- in late August.

"It's a punishment to teach them a lesson to know how to have a dialogue with nations," he said. The West suspects Iran's nuclear program is designed to produce nuclear weapons but Tehran says it is for fuel and medical use.

When asked what Iran would do if its ships were inspected, the hardline president said: "If they make the slightest mistake we will definitely retaliate." He did not elaborate.
Old 28-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #35
wakeup2nwo

Report: Turkey closes airspace to Israel military following Gaza flotilla raid

Turkey withdrew its ambassador and canceled joint military drills with Israel in response to the deadly raid May 31 that left nine dead.

read more... http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomac...-raid-1.298728
Old 28-06-2010, 01:35 PM   #36
wakeup2nwo

Hamas official: Wave of flotillas to sail for Israel after World Cup

Israel should expect at least eight more Gaza-bound ships shortly after the tournament, Mahmoud A-Zahar told British daily The Independent.

read more... http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomac...d-cup-1.298752
Old 28-06-2010, 01:43 PM   #37
wakeup2nwo

http://www1.albawaba.com/en/main-hea...ar-gulf-region

Massive Iranian military reinforcement near the Gulf region

Published Today - 09:35 GMT

Informed Iranian sources were quoted as saying on Monday that Tehran reinforced the presence of the army and the Revolutionary Guards near the coast of the Persian Gulf, following the U.N. decision to impose tougher sanctions, including the threat of international inspections of Iranian vessels.

Quoted by the Asharq al Awsat newspaper, government sources and opposition groups in Western Iran said "There are enhancements to the presence of the army and the Revolutionary Guard and naval forces in the region of Bandar Abbas, southern Iran, overlooking the Strait of Hormuz." For its part, opposition sources near the border with Iraq said Iranian forces have already set up military barracks amid intensified movements of the Basij militia members and an unprecedented deployment of intelligence agents.

Iran on Sunday renewed its warning to Western countries regaring their intentions to inspect Iranian vessels in international waters, while stressing that it would respond harshly to any harm to their ships.
Old 28-06-2010, 04:26 PM   #38
wakeup2nwo

Target Tehran? Israel, US 'prepare to attack Iran'

video

Reports are circulating that the U.S is amassing a greater military presence in the Middle East. The alleged build up is also rumoured to involve the Israeli use of Saudi Arabian air space. It's thought by some to be in preparation for an attack on Iran.
Old 28-06-2010, 04:27 PM   #39
wakeup2nwo

This is relay heating up and could blow off any day now
Old 28-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #40
hertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeup2nwo View Post
This is relay heating up and could blow off any day now
We have been hearing that for years although I admit that it looks like it could kick off very soon. We will have to wait and see. Personally I can't see how they would be able to kick off a war with Iran without some sort of 9/11 or Gulf of Tonkin style event to get a good proportion of the public to support it. Will the US or Israel false flag one of their own vessels in the Persian Gulf?. Or will it be a "terrorist attack" at home?.

Remember how the invasion forces and carrier groups were conveniently in place around Afghanistan months before 9/11?. There was very little about that buildup in the MSM in the months before 9/11, just like there is very little coverage in the MSM about the buildup of military forces around Iran now. Sadly a good proportion of the public are still dumb halfwits that will swallow anything presented to them without thinking too much about it.
hertz is offline   Reply With Quote