Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 08-01-2018, 05:08 PM   #1
marcelona
Premier Subscribers

Default Richie Allen

I have been through the forum but nobody appears to have mentioned Richie's decision to disassociate with DI yet. I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts.

It seems a funny one to me. I can see the financial sense of making it clear that he is independent in terms of encouraging more donations. I suppose he appears to have built up a decent sized regular audience. However, I would have thought that he is only going to lose exposure by going it alone. It can't be that he doesn't want to be associated with DI's views as if he is genuine then they are pretty much the same as his own.

The fact that he has already disappeared from this site and has seemingly been scrambling around to get his own site back up and running in time for tonight's show would suggest that the separation is not entirely amicable.
marcelona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 05:36 PM   #2
iamawaveofthesea

Richie has been speaking about the problems caused by demonitisation of his videos

There is not the funding coming in that there used to be because the control system is cracking down on the independent media

Here is the sad reality.....in this current system we are all dependent on money....regardless of how much we dislike the system or the concept of money itself we all need it at the moment to survive

The control system saw the growth in the independent media and has moved to try and cut off the money supply to it. This is going to choke off a lot of independent media

It's a sad reality also that rich people have generally become rich because they are playing a game of money accumulation which requires that they do not part with money unless it is to make them more money

Also wealthy people are unlikely to be critical of the system because they are thriving within it. This means that its unlikely that there will be many wealthy patrons of the independent media and if people take money from governments then they are beholden to them

what is the solution?

How do you ensure professional standard media from fulltime journalists when the financial pickings are so slim?
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 05:40 PM   #3
iamawaveofthesea

statement by richie on facebook:

Good morning friends. I hope you've had a good weekend. I mentioned last week and indeed yesterday, that I had a major announcement to make about the future of The Richie Allen Show. Here it is. Last week, I informed the team at davidicke.com, that to ensure the future of The Richie Allen Show, it would be best if the show came off davidicke.com and we ended our association. It was something I had been mulling over for some time and it wasn't an easy decision to make. So why have I done it? Why have I decided to go it alone.

There is a lot of confusion around the show, in terms of what it is, what it represents and how it is financed. I take a lot of the responsibility for said confusion. I promote (because I absolutely believe in it), David Icke's work, his books and his tours. Again, not because of any quid pro quo responsibility I feel bound by, but because the man is a genius and I set up the show to explore the themes in his research. I came up with the tagline "in association with davidicke.com" which with the benefit of hindsight, wasn't a great idea, especially now that my ability to monetize the show through Google has been virtually obliterated. I'm now eating into my own meagre savings to cover the cost of the show. Listener donations are few and far between. I believe that the general consensus is that I am either working for davidicke.com or that the show is financially sponsored by davidicke.com. This is maddening, because I must have said a thousand times, that the show is independent, that David chose to stream it (and I'm damn glad he did) but that it is produced edited and presented by me.

It hasn't mattered. The consensus is that I work for David and it is widely believed that the show acts as a sort of mouthpiece for davidicke.com, which it never has done. David has never interfered, not once, in the editorial. He's made that clear, I've made it clear, but it doesn't matter. The confusion is there and it has resulted in a downward trend in terms of listener support. Just before Christmas, I mentioned (for the first time in ages), that the show needed more listeners to contribute. I had an email from someone asking me was I getting anything out of his subscription for the davidicke.com podcast. I replied no that I was doing David a favour, no big deal, but there you have just one insight into the brand confusion I am talking about.
So I have decided to make the break.

There is no other reason for my decision. Of course there will be silly speculation, that I have fallen out with David Icke, or that he has done something to offend me in some way. Nonsense. David is a genius, his work is vital. I will always support it. I have nothing but admiration for him and his team. My show had a confusing identity. It doesn't any longer. That is the only reason. It's a decision I didn't take lightly. But I own it, me and me alone.

I will always be grateful for the support of davidicke.com at the beginning and throughout. I've said it a thousand times and have gone out of my way to show that gratitude. It has though, been a mutually beneficial relationship. I've given a lot back too. I've been more than glad to.

I wish David Icke and his team all the very best throughout 2018. It promises to be a big year for them. I'll have a little bit more to say on this tonight. Until then, have a great Monday.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:45 PM   #4
marcelona
Premier Subscribers

I agree with your observations about the financial difficulties facing the independent media. I don't see how disassociating with DI is going to change anything for Richie though as his work will surely still be demonetised (unless he now sees more people regularly donating which I suppose could happen).

I read his statement earlier and he says all the right things. I sincerely hope it is all genuine and there is goodwill on both sides. I'll be interested to see how things progress from here.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:54 PM   #5
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelona View Post
I agree with your observations about the financial difficulties facing the independent media. I don't see how disassociating with DI is going to change anything for Richie though as his work will surely still be demonetised (unless he now sees more people regularly donating which I suppose could happen).

I read his statement earlier and he says all the right things. I sincerely hope it is all genuine and there is goodwill on both sides. I'll be interested to see how things progress from here.
lets hope he can keep up the quality output

the corporate media snaffles all the professional journalists because it benefits from the largesse of corporate advertising

we are only in the first stages of building an alternative so the support is not there in a big way yet

Its a difficult thing

perhaps some people from the independent media could band together to create a 'channel'; then they can charge a 'licence fee' for people to have access to that channel. That's what the BBC does and it then gives people access to all of the programming from that channel

That way it is pay-to-view but people would then get to see all of the content by all of the contributors by paying their monthly fee

I dunno....there's no easy answer to this that i can see except hoping that some billionaire has an awakening and starts to patronise the independent media

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 08-01-2018 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:45 AM   #6
macpark
Premier Subscribers

I understand richies reasons for moving on as he needs to be financially stable and lets be honest, being linked to David can be a target on your back. Its a shame as its because of david I found richies show but it is his show. Richie has mentioned before people not wanting to come on his show due it being linked with David Icke.Times are about to get tough for indy media and free thinking bloggers etc. The crack down is beginning. You gotta do what you gotta do and im sure we will still see david on the show alot as they are great friends.
macpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:23 AM   #7
metaspiral

someone needs to tell him to stop being such an assshole (impossible) and...there's no money in truth telling.
metaspiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:42 AM   #8
marcelona
Premier Subscribers

If I'm honest I sense there has been a fall out. I suspect it's linked to Richie being asked to do the weekly videocasts on top of the show and/or money issues. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing that he's going it alone but he still needs to be directing people to David's work in my opinion. I noticed that in last night's show the ad for David's new book was no longer being played.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:49 AM   #9
iamawaveofthesea

Ive been listening to richie since the peoples voice and I think in that time his knowledge has grown massively as i'm sure it has for many over that time

I think that he has moved from being just a presenter to being a commentator in his own right. He's up there i think now in his understanding with the first string indie commentators. he might not have a speciality area although he has mentioned defamation law but i think he has a breadth of knowledge now that gives him a good oversight on what's going on

I think that his partnership with David has been hugely successful but that if he is going to keep the show afloat he will need wiggle room to do that and to build his own support base and to do that he may have to reach new audiences

Lets hope that he can reach new audiences and bring more people to this information and also to the work of David and his team

I think the key is to not over extend. Keep things simple and avoid large financial outgoings. The TPV was a good idea in theory but showed how unweildy a bigger operation can be

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 11-01-2018 at 08:50 AM.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:04 PM   #10
macpark
Premier Subscribers

Im not interested in speculating if they had a falling out. Richie has said otherwise and has said he is a man of his word. If you trust him and his show you have no reason to think he would lie.
macpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 12:16 PM   #11
marcelona
Premier Subscribers

He also said he wouldn't tell us if there had been a fall out! Anyhow, my intention isn't to try and fuel speculation that something has happened. I just hope that the situation doesn't derail the good work David and Richie had been doing together. I agree that Richie has probably built up enough of a reputation to make a success of it.

Last edited by marcelona; 11-01-2018 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 01:31 PM   #12
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea View Post
Richie has been speaking about the problems caused by demonitisation of his videos

There is not the funding coming in that there used to be because the control system is cracking down on the independent media

Here is the sad reality.....in this current system we are all dependent on money....regardless of how much we dislike the system or the concept of money itself we all need it at the moment to survive

The control system saw the growth in the independent media and has moved to try and cut off the money supply to it. This is going to choke off a lot of independent media

It's a sad reality also that rich people have generally become rich because they are playing a game of money accumulation which requires that they do not part with money unless it is to make them more money

Also wealthy people are unlikely to be critical of the system because they are thriving within it. This means that its unlikely that there will be many wealthy patrons of the independent media and if people take money from governments then they are beholden to them

what is the solution?

How do you ensure professional standard media from fulltime journalists when the financial pickings are so slim?
This means that we have to join in the circle and one day....paw!
Break it down from the inside. Until then, do not disclose that you are on our side.
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 08:10 AM   #13
robertik2

Default what happened to the richie allen show?

???
robertik2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 08:58 AM   #14
serpentine

Hi there!

It's still up and running on a variety of platforms with a functioning website.
serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:51 AM   #15
caoimhin
Premier Subscribers

Default Richie Allen

Hi,

Has anyone any clue as to why Richie Allen has suddenly decided to disassociate himself from David Icke.com? David himself claims not to know.

Caoimhin
caoimhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:31 PM   #16
metak88

Use search. This thread was started a few days ago.

https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=320314
Old 12-01-2018, 04:44 PM   #17
serpentine

Don't put links linking to the start of the same thread.

I got locked in a vicious loop just like the ending to an old sci-fi film.
serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 05:06 PM   #18
the mighty zhiba
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentine View Post
Don't put links linking to the start of the same thread.

I got locked in a vicious loop just like the ending to an old sci-fi film.

That's because a bunch of threads were merged, so any link to any of them will take you to the One Thread.

It's a bit like the One Ring of Mordor

But not really like the One Ring of Mordor at all.

Sorry about any confusion
the mighty zhiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:42 PM   #19
tom bombadil

In a nutshell then.

In the words of the great man himself "WHAT A LOAD OF MONUMENTAL BOLLOCKS"????

He has made a youtube talking of the split.

It is amicable. Its whats needed to go forward.

It makes good business sense.

HE AINT GONE FOREVER! FFS.

We all need a crutch to lean on at times. Doing what he is doing is a direct result of you tubes new fucktardish algorithms! So doing it in a new year is good for us too.

He is still Richey Allen! He will still BE Richey Allen!

Having a crutch seemingly kicked from under us might help us in the long run if we used it too much. Its nice to have a mouthpiece. But its better to start shouting ourselves!

tom bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 10:56 AM   #20
marcelona
Premier Subscribers

I’ve just listened to David’s latest videocast in which he addresses this. He hasn’t spoken to Richie as the decision was communicated only to Jaymie. He says that it came as a surprise to him but that he wishes Richie well as the information he communicates is important. I guess that sums up my thoughts also!