Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News > Other News

Old 05-06-2018, 10:52 PM   #1
itsnotallrightjack

Default NASA to make an announcement on a discovery on Mars

NASA to make an announcement on a discovery on Mars.

Quote:
NASA's Mars rover Curiosity has apparently found something intriguing on Mars, and the space agency will unveil the discovery Thursday (June 7).

The space agency revealed few details about what will be announced Thursday, but the "live discussion" will feature "new science results from NASA's Mars Curiosity rover," according to a NASA announcement. Why all the secrecy? "The results are embargoed by the journal Science until then," NASA wrote in the statement.

That means NASA won't release any details until the press conference, which is scheduled for 2 p.m. EDT (1800 GMT) on Thursday. You can watch the Mars announcement live on Space.com, courtesy of NASA TV. The space agency did reveal the list of scientists who will be discussing the Mars discovery. [See Curiosity's Greatest Mars Discoveries (So Far)]

According to NASA, Thursday's Mars science discussion will be hosted by Michelle Thaller, the assistant director of science for communications in the agency's Planetary Science Division. Presenters will include:

Paul Mahaffy, director of the Solar System Exploration Division at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland

Jen Eigenbrode, a research scientist at the Goddard center;

Chris Webster, a senior research fellow at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California;

Ashwin Vasavada, NASA's Mars Science Laboratory project scientist at JPL. (Mars Science Laboratory is the full name of the Curiosity rover's $2.5 billion mission.)

NASA will webcast Thursday's Curiosity Mars rover discussion on its NASA TV channel, as well as Facebook Live, Twitch TV, Ustream, YouTube and Twitter/Periscope. You'll be able to ask questions of the panel via social media using by tagging your posts with #askNASA.

The Curiosity rover has been exploring Mars since it landed in August 2012. The rover recently began drilling into the Martian surface for the first time in 18 months. It is steadily climbing Mount Sharp, a 3-mile-high (5 kilometers) mountain in the center of a region known as Gale Crater.

Visit Space.com Thursday for complete coverage of NASA's Mars rover Curiosity announcement.

https://www.space.com/40792-nasa-mar...june-2018.html

I wonder what it is!

It may be said with a degree of assurance that not everything that meets the eye is as it appears.

Rod Serling.
itsnotallrightjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:43 AM   #2
mranderson

perhaps they found some more reasons to keep them in a job

said the cynic in me

They might drain the swamp but the snakes are still in the grass

It's symbolic of his struggle against reality
mranderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 04:29 AM   #3
serpentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotallrightjack View Post
...I wonder what it is!

Evidence of vehicular landings, some cellophane wrappers and the discarded rubberized skinsuits of several well known US politicians?

Last edited by serpentine; 06-06-2018 at 04:29 AM.
serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 06:28 AM   #4
fairyprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentine View Post
Evidence of vehicular landings, some cellophane wrappers and the discarded rubberized skinsuits of several well known US politicians?
A blood stained nappy....
"if you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you." (Jesus Christ, gospel of thomas.)

Love is natural, Hate is taught....
fairyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 09:01 AM   #5
cosmic tramp

Didn't they do this a few years back, and after the big build up it was something like;
" there are probably 86 planets just like Earth...somewhere, trillions of miles away in the universe..." Doh.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 09:21 AM   #6
rotz
Premier Subscribers

My phone just alerted me to the fact that ice dunes have been found on Pluto, I doubt its more exciting than that.
rotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:46 AM   #7
itsnotallrightjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotz View Post
My phone just alerted me to the fact that ice dunes have been found on Pluto, I doubt its more exciting than that.
That's cool!

It may be said with a degree of assurance that not everything that meets the eye is as it appears.

Rod Serling.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:01 PM   #8
serpentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotallrightjack View Post
...I wonder what it is!

A cuddly toy!
serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:24 PM   #9
cosmic tramp

Bump...any news yet ?
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:47 PM   #10
oneriver

My guess is underground aquifers making Mars the perfect place to go and fuck up next.
“Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time?" That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains, everywhere and that the present only exists for it, not the shadow of the past nor the shadow of the future.” ? Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Y Gwir Erbyn Y Byd ("Truth Against the World") - Druidic Motto
oneriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 02:35 PM   #11
tnt1

Uh oh they found an ancient fossil of a microbe or something such as that. They've known at least since 77 that Mars was at one time very much like earth. One side of the planet was devastated though as well as one side of many of the moons.
Has anyone else noticed the string of movies that all show a tentacled octopus or squid type being in the movie as if they are trying to show us something.

Last edited by tnt1; 07-06-2018 at 02:37 PM.
tnt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 03:07 PM   #12
tinfoil hat

They found a Marsupial.
tinfoil hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 03:21 PM   #13
tnt1

Seriously they had the squid type being in that movie where the team went to Mars or one of the moons maybe and broke through the ice of this place they landed and in the end you see this huge octopus thing with teeth and a huge beak, then in Prometheus you see another one very similar and in this new movie Arrival (not the one with Sheen but a newer one) they show squid or floating octopus intelligent beings that communicate by making symbols with their dye they squirt I mean it's probably even more than this. So maybe they found a squid!
If we count the one born in MIB that Will Smith caught there we have yet another one with tentacles in the movies. Pretty strange.
Old 07-06-2018, 04:40 PM   #14
itsnotallrightjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt1 View Post
Uh oh they found an ancient fossil of a microbe or something such as that. They've known at least since 77 that Mars was at one time very much like earth. One side of the planet was devastated though as well as one side of many of the moons.
Has anyone else noticed the string of movies that all show a tentacled octopus or squid type being in the movie as if they are trying to show us something.
Oh I really hope it is that tnt!

It seems possible that they have according to this article:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...-a8386986.html

What films do you mean? I can only think of the one with the Heptapods in Arrival. My, that was an excellent film! The Heptapods were awesome. They were really alien, and scary because we didn't understand them and they were HUGE.

It's the best sci fi film I've ever seen in terms of what alien life could be like.

Oh and you can see NASA's live announcement here:

http://www.ustream.tv/nasahdtv

It's gonna be at 6pm or 7pm GMT ( not sure which as different online time calculators give different results).

Rod Serling.
Old 07-06-2018, 04:41 PM   #15
itsnotallrightjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
Bump...any news yet ?
Not yet- 6 or 7pm GMT!

Rod Serling.
Old 07-06-2018, 04:44 PM   #16
itsnotallrightjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt1 View Post
Seriously they had the squid type being in that movie where the team went to Mars or one of the moons maybe and broke through the ice of this place they landed and in the end you see this huge octopus thing with teeth and a huge beak, then in Prometheus you see another one very similar and in this new movie Arrival (not the one with Sheen but a newer one) they show squid or floating octopus intelligent beings that communicate by making symbols with their dye they squirt I mean it's probably even more than this. So maybe they found a squid!
If we count the one born in MIB that Will Smith caught there we have yet another one with tentacles in the movies. Pretty strange.
Sorry tnt just seen your later post after I made a reply to you.I can't think of the first film you mention. I never saw Prometheus. Arrival, as I mentioned I did see- the best science fiction film ever about alien contact in my opinion!
The Heptapods were just beautiful and awesome! I half wish they were real and would come to Earth lol.

Rod Serling.

Last edited by itsnotallrightjack; 07-06-2018 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-06-2018, 05:18 PM   #17
itsnotallrightjack

Default It's begun!

It's begun guys! At the moment youngsters are asking space station guys questions about space.

6.15 pm GMT.

Rod Serling.
Old 07-06-2018, 05:29 PM   #18
itsnotallrightjack

Looks like you have to do a paid subscription to see it live, surprise surprise. What I just saw was a short vid.

I think this is live on you tube now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwMDvPCGeE0

Also if you go on the first link it gives other sites it is supposed to be broadcast live from:

http://www.ustream.tv/nasahdtv

Rod Serling.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:10 PM   #19
oneriver

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnddd?
“Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time?" That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains, everywhere and that the present only exists for it, not the shadow of the past nor the shadow of the future.” ? Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Y Gwir Erbyn Y Byd ("Truth Against the World") - Druidic Motto
oneriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 06:18 PM   #20
da2255

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneriver View Post
...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnddd?
Found some organic molecules /meh.
da2255 is offline   Reply With Quote