Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 17-02-2010, 02:22 PM   #21
sannox

Quote:
Originally Posted by petercookie View Post
For anyone who wants a decent lighter - JET 1300 BUTANE LIGHTER - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JET-1300-BUTAN...item3359fdfc40

I recently bought one of those ^^ and so far they seem well worth the money, just be slightly careful you dont get sand in them because that could cause problems. But i am happy with it - its got good features.
i picked up a couple of similar lighters at a market shop locally for £2.50
incredible things i paid £20 for a branded one and these are just as good imho
the only difference was flame adjustment which wasnt as good on cheaper ones were it was stickier but just as controllable all the same ,
the working mechanism on cheaper ones arent finnished as well either but it doesnt affect it in any way .

remember butanes a pain to light in sub zero temps
sannox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2010, 07:47 PM   #22
petercookie

Default Fire lighting kit

From left to right - Candles - Top left - water proof bag for collecting tinder - Pouch - firelighters in petrolium jelly tub (You can buy firelighters from most supermarkets/co-ops ect) - Lighters and a firesteel - Trioxane fuel tablets (green pouches) - water proof/windproof matches in tub and non safety regular matches in boxes - 3 tubs filled with cotton balls which have been soaked in vaseline/petrolium jelly. Also You could take a magnifying glass to get a fire going with that aswell.

This is my current fire starting kit, But like i have said before i am quite a beginner in this and i am just posting this to show other options to people and for beginners. If anyone has anything they would like to reccomend, please do.

Last edited by petercookie; 20-02-2010 at 07:50 PM.
petercookie is offline   Reply With Quote